HealthPlan Services Employee Reviews

Harrasment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2017
I loved my job until they switched me with a supervisor that didn't care for her employees and allowed harrasment within the team. The individual sup also harasses employees.
Pros
Great product to pull up the customers
Cons
Harrasment and racism
Never Again
Customer Care Assosciate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 4, 2017
Healthplans is a rude company & they hire people for enrollment season just to let you go without telling you why or giving you an heads up. I would never recommend somebody to work for them ever again
N/a
Case Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2017
Company recently bought out and I left prior to change in management so difficult to provide accurate description at this time. I have heard rumors of layoffs.
Everything is being offshored.
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 17, 2017
Bought out a year ago and the offshore everything agenda is in full force. Completely understandable but the way in which it's being done is not professional IMO. And the thought of being replaced with totally unqualified individuals is laughable.
Pros
The pros left the building once the offshore process started.
Cons
Benefits are terrible
good workplace
Customer Service Representative Tier II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 31, 2017
Overall Healthplan services is a good company to work for. The employees and management work as a team to meet there goals. good benefits once you become perm.
Productive, Alot of team work
Opportunity for advancement
Lots of incentives
Affordable Healthcare
Flexible schedules
Pros
Free luncheons
Cons
short breaks
no job security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 12, 2017
they will tell you that you are apart of they as a family then lay you off in the middle of your shift. they cut your hours and the management is not great
productive and fun work environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2017
The overall work can be difficult as it involves handling some upset customers at time due to all the changes taking place with healthcare as it is but the company itself will take care of its employees the best it can as long as you put in the effort.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
angry customers
A great place to learn the wrong way of doing things
IT Staff (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2017
About what you'd expect for PTO and other benefits, otherwise I've never seen so much dysfunction in my life. Overtime is not explicitly required as a day-to-day thing but is still expected, it is required for code releases. The work/life balance is horrible. C'mon, this is the 21st century now, DevOps? They won't realize it with the suite of IBM products they are enamored of. Managers who play favorites, senior employees who are allowed to silo information that is needed by other team members.. that works great where their own job security is concerned, too bad so sad for everyone else. That's changing though, the Indian company that purchased them in 2016 is outsourcing the dev team and probably everything else back to India. There have been so many rounds of layoffs... so many. Speaking of managers, the worker:manager ratio is way off: there are a lot of people with mid- and especially upper-level manager titles sitting outside of the c-suite offices. Speaking of silos, departments that do not communicate and that frequently work at odds, that pass the buck when problems arise. As they do. It's their stuff, they should take some pride in it when someone brings a problem to their attention. I get that everything revolves around Open Enrollment, but was it really necessary to make code releases so difficult and painful? Alas, it's only a matter of time until I get the axe so I'm actively looking.
Pros
I have nothing good to say about this company
Cons
See review.
Fun place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2017
laid back place to work, some issues with structure and finances but overall not bad. good people and flexibility, i enjoyed working there. they did lay off many people but that happens everywhere
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
financial
Great company
Billing Processor/834 Recon Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2017
A very professional environment to work. There's so much room for growth. I was promoted three times due to my improvement in the company. Supervisors are great and helpful.
Good while it lasted
Programmer/Analyst IV (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2017
typical day at work was less about red tape and paperwork and more about doing your job and programming.

I learned more about lamda expressions in c# while i was there.

management was very understanding, laid back, and fair.

workplace culture was friendly with everyone being very helpful. almost too helpful sometimes.

hardest part of the job was learning how the packaging system worked with the database

most enjoyable part of the job was being able to program without red tape.
Pros
great people, able to use creativity in solutions
Cons
steep learning curve to packaging system
alot of perks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2017
Overall this was a great job if you like talking to people all the time and helping them resolve their issues..also if you have things that come up and you have to leave work they do have VTO which you can leave and dont get a occurrence
Pros
vto
Cons
take to long before they want to make you permanent
Great Company
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa FloridaMarch 15, 2017
A lot of room for growth if that's the career path that you choose. I started out as a customer service rep on the phone and worked my way up into a leadership position.
Healthplan Services
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2017
I have learned a lot when the billing department. Going all the way back to 2010 to confirm we have been billing the member correctly and the payments have been made. If a member terms for non payment of premium and has termed previously within 6 months I will be the person to tell them they do not qualify for reinstatement until the next open enrollment. ( usually November) Deal with angry members due to other representatives not concerns about members concerns or questions.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not a professional environment.
This company needs so much help
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2017
Very disorganized company in all aspects of every department. Nobody knows how to communicate or plan anything in advance. The systems are very old and the company has grown but is still being run like it's a small business.
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
low pay, disorganized, lack of communication
best healthcare company I have worked for
Java Developer Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2017
I will always be credited with (finally!) figuring out the XOP/MTOM configuration within Spring Web Services for the ExchangeLink Web Services team. The people were fun, smart and easygoing also.
Pros
well lit environment
Cons
was only hired as a contractor
HealthPlan Services
Customer Contact Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2017
Very cut throat company with emphasis on sink or swim. Constantly looking for ways to fire people rather than to build them up to be successful. Environment has many people wanting to stab you in the back for their own benefit whether it's true or a lie.
good pay but not so professional
billing/834 processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2017
the job itself was good but management could have been a bit more organized as well as the lack of communication between reps. and sups.
Great Place to work
IT Production Support/Data Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Healthplan Services was a very productive and enjoyable place to work. I learned more about data analysis and other functions of information technology. I enjoyed the opportunity to be able to learn new things, and work in different roles.