HealthPlan Services Employee Reviews

Amazing Employee's - Extremely Competent
Business and Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 22, 2015
Great place to work. The low level (worker) staff is phenomenal. Upper-management seems to be disconnected from practicality. Pay is not good and advancement seems to be based on favorites rather than productivity. Proven results don't impact future decisions.
Average work day at HealthPlan Services
New Business Enrollment/ Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: they had a Ping Pong table
Cons: short breaks
A typical would start by getting to the office between 7:30 and 8. We login to the computer and open up all of our systems and getting to work. There are two 15 minutes breaks allow and a 30 minute lunch. I learned how to process applicants information. Also learned the procedures used while speaking to and receiving customers billing information. I've learned how to fix and build 834 files as well. My co-workers were fun to work with. That hardest part of the job was the training but once you understood the information it stuck with you. My overall experience working for HealthPlan Services wasn't bad at all I enjoyed.
Fun place to work
Payroll Manager/401(k) Administrator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 25, 2015
Everyday was great.
Employees had a great attitude.
Co workers were amazing
The hardest part of the job was making sure no one was missed on Payroll and everyone that were enrolled in benefits was active.
fun
intake coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2015
i llike working here just need to move on to a higher paying job to better myself for my 2 kids that i have. i enjoyed the time here
Must be a self starter for this job
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay with lots of ot
Cons: poor training.
I loved working there in Humana Retention. The people were great! It was a crash course training period that is not very effective. If you do well on the phones and have insurance/CSR experience you will do fine.
Work Schedule
Processing (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2014
Seems like a good place to work but its my first week and was told when hired that work schedule would be monday-friday 8-5 or 9-6 and OT...so now I hear from other people that it is 7 days a week 7-11....what is a definted schedule.
Busy fast paced work environment
Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: ping pong table in break room
Cons: benefits
Good staff and friendly people.
Management is kind.
Training is good.
No further comments avail.
Great if you're not customer service.
Processing (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2014
PROS:

- Ping Pong table and Air Hockey Table
- Underwriting Department is probably the best department to work for.
- Plenty of overtime in Q4.
- In-house applications semi user-friendly.
- Dress code a little more relaxed than business casual. (This can also be a bad thing).
- Benefits are good.

CONS:

- You get paid to sit and do nothing a good portion of the year. Good for someone close to retirement, – more... not good for someone trying to gain experience.
- No raises, bonuses, and you WILL NOT ADVANCE.
- Management is flakey.
- It took half the year to get a $25 gift card for working on a holiday.
- Ice Machine is ALWAYS empty or broken.
- Expect to spend a good 45 minutes on hold waiting for an IT rep when your computer screws up.
- There's always a fight, or an ambulance.
- A member of management came in to work drunk once.
- Theft of sensitive applicant information. – less
Productive and fun.
Assistant Data Entry Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 26, 2014
Pros: you worked by yourself
Cons: n/a
Just data entered claims all day and helped each other if had any questions.
A Job To A Career
Health Information Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2014
This Is a great company . its very relaxing the supervisors do not push you to the limit you can work at your own pace the companys high workers are very good and friendly.
Diversity was not encouraged or practiced
Commissions Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 7, 2014
Working as a minority in this particular environment I was verbally abused publically with no consequences to the abuser. Additionally, this is a third party health insurance broker that does not provide any health insurance for it's employees beyond an HSA that was designed to never be used.
Great Company
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 29, 2014
Great company I received my 215 license from them. Which is furnished on my resume.
Great opportunity
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 17, 2014
great ways to step up in the company, great team leaders, and benefits. Love the welcoming environment.
Growing Company
Account Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2014
A good company to work for. Positive atmosphere but very slim on staffing. Resources are tight and the pay is marginal.
Not a good place to work
Education Assistance Liaison-Intern (Current Employee), Wadesboro, NCDecember 22, 2013
This place has little direction. The managers do little to help you and the coworkers worry more about others life than the welfare of the customers. The only part I enjoyed is the early shift.
Good Individuals working here and tenure
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my peers.. Great knowledge and long term employees.
Revolving Door
Prior employee (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: lack of direction from executive level
Don't be surprised to see a lot of jobs posted - its probably due to mass exodus!

Some managers are great to work with - but too many bad apples in the bunch.

Constant threat of outsourcing of work to India.
Your IT career ends here
Programmer\Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: 20 minutes from home
Cons: no opportunities, none of any kind whatsoever, bad management, far behind in technology, real far behind.
A typical day involves fixing bad data or code with old technology or unstable cheap software. And your expected to work extra hours doing it.
I have learned that no matter how bad I think I have it at least I am making an income and this place has so many things wrong I will always have a job no matter how much I hate it.
Management are nothing more than propaganda pushers. We constantly get emails – more... on how great everything is "but you can do better" and nobody is happy and nobody is fooled by the BS.
My co-workers all feel the same but on different levels. Some accept their stuck but don't bother looking for something better, some are constantly looking and consider HPS a good motivator to keep looking.
The hardest part of the job is just coming in every day doing same dull work using the same dull, old software while being asked why it's taking so long to complete and being told to do anything (work more hours) it takes to get it done.
The most enjoyable part is knowing the day ends and I get to home and work on more advanced software in order increase my skills to get another job. – less
Challenging
Account Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 7, 2012
This job entailed customer service. A typical day was answering phones and assisting in the billing and payment process for the insured. I learned patience and consistency. One of my biggest challenges here was dealing with my co-workers. It seemed that almost all the employees and managers knew each other outside of work, and were not willing to accept any more in to their world. Management was a bit difficult to deal with, as they did not always seem as knowledgeable as they should have been. This made my position very difficult at times, but I stuck with it until a better opportunity came my way.