HealthPlan Services Employee Reviews

Great
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2016
Awsome company to work for, fast past, productive, energetic atmosphere, management is awesome, great people to be around.
Great temp. Job and great experience in the health care industry
Sales & Retention Agent (Temp.) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2016
This job paid for me to pass me state health license (2-40) and offered me full-time hours with $15. If you work the late shift you get a 10% differential added to the $15 per hour(11am-8pm shift) To become permanent is difficult but they do offer you a chance to stay with the company with customer service for any carrier needing people. They said they call people every year for the temp. Position if needed in Open enrollment time. This job, like every job, requires dedication and responsibility to keep your job for that time period.
Pros
1hr lunches, pay, and paid state license (2-40)
Cons
Management may not be avaliable at all times
Died end Job
Customer Service Representative/ Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2016
If you are looking to make a simple dollar or you need to just make ends meet or you just fresh out of high chool or jail and you looking to get your feet wet look no more this is the jib for you. This is the most unprofessional, un-everything you can this of ever!!! You make your base pay plus commission but they don't want to pay you ypur commission when you make it!!! Then when you quit they only want to pay you half of your commission. Wear out on your life
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Enrollment Rep
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2016
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone management is rude and out of touch with lower level staff, the rate of pay is terrible with no raises, the system is always moving slow/breaking down, no advancement in the company unless you're buddy buddy with someone higher up on the totem pole and the company was just sold to Wipro (owned by Indians).
Pros
Cons
No raise in pay
huge opportunities for growth!
Insurance agent/Humana Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Great job! lot of opportunity for growth in this company. Many different divisions and positions and internal hiring and advancement. Pay is great, great career starter.
Pros
great pay, ALOT of opportunities for growth and to establish a career.
Business casual work environment
Billing and Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 22, 2015
Good place to work and further my knowledge of claim processing and learn the billing and enrollment aspect of the business.
Pros
my co workers
Cons
Too far to travel to work
Growing healthcare company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 27, 2015
A very vibrant healthcare organization, with a steady growth pattern over the last few years. The management is supportive and understanding.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Little training
Outstanding Group of Dedicated, Hard Working
SR ACCOUNT MANAGER/PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2015
It and Business professionals. An excellent sense of client responsibility, the team often will work through the night to achieve the desired outcome for our clients.
Amazing Employee's - Extremely Competent
Business and Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2015
Great place to work. The low level (worker) staff is phenomenal. Upper-management seems to be disconnected from practicality. Pay is not good and advancement seems to be based on favorites rather than productivity. Proven results don't impact future decisions.
Average work day at HealthPlan Services
New Business Enrollment/ Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2015
A typical would start by getting to the office between 7:30 and 8. We login to the computer and open up all of our systems and getting to work. There are two 15 minutes breaks allow and a 30 minute lunch. I learned how to process applicants information. Also learned the procedures used while speaking to and receiving customers billing information. I've learned how to fix and build 834 files as well. My co-workers were fun to work with. That hardest part of the job was the training but once you understood the information it stuck with you. My overall experience working for HealthPlan Services wasn't bad at all I enjoyed.
Pros
they had a Ping Pong table
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Payroll Manager/401(k) Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 25, 2015
Everyday was great.
Employees had a great attitude.
Co workers were amazing
The hardest part of the job was making sure no one was missed on Payroll and everyone that were enrolled in benefits was active.
fun
intake coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2015
i llike working here just need to move on to a higher paying job to better myself for my 2 kids that i have. i enjoyed the time here
Must be a self starter for this job
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2015
I loved working there in Humana Retention. The people were great! It was a crash course training period that is not very effective. If you do well on the phones and have insurance/CSR experience you will do fine.
Pros
good pay with lots of ot
Cons
poor training.
Work Schedule
Processing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2014
Seems like a good place to work but its my first week and was told when hired that work schedule would be monday-friday 8-5 or 9-6 and OT...so now I hear from other people that it is 7 days a week 7-11....what is a definted schedule.
Busy fast paced work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Good staff and friendly people.
Management is kind.
Training is good.
No further comments avail.
Pros
ping pong table in break room
benefits
Great if you're not customer service.
Processing (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2014
PROS:

- Ping Pong table and Air Hockey Table
- Underwriting Department is probably the best department to work for.
- Plenty of overtime in Q4.
- In-house applications semi user-friendly.
- Dress code a little more relaxed than business casual. (This can also be a bad thing).
- Benefits are good.

CONS:

- You get paid to sit and do nothing a good portion of the year. Good for someone close to retirement, not good for someone trying to gain experience.
- No raises, bonuses, and you WILL NOT ADVANCE.
- Management is flakey.
- It took half the year to get a $25 gift card for working on a holiday.
- Ice Machine is ALWAYS empty or broken.
- Expect to spend a good 45 minutes on hold waiting for an IT rep when your computer screws up.
- There's always a fight, or an ambulance.
- A member of management came in to work drunk once.
- Theft of sensitive applicant information.
Productive and fun.
Assistant Data Entry Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 26, 2014
Just data entered claims all day and helped each other if had any questions.
Pros
you worked by yourself
Cons
n/a
A Job To A Career
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2014
This Is a great company . its very relaxing the supervisors do not push you to the limit you can work at your own pace the companys high workers are very good and friendly.
Diversity was not encouraged or practiced
Commissions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 7, 2014
Working as a minority in this particular environment I was verbally abused publically with no consequences to the abuser. Additionally, this is a third party health insurance broker that does not provide any health insurance for it's employees beyond an HSA that was designed to never be used.
Great Company
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 29, 2014
Great company I received my 215 license from them. Which is furnished on my resume.

HealthPlan Services Reviews by Location