POSITION TITLE: Web Application Developer
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
A Web Application Developer designs critical components of internal and external web applications to achieve project goals and deliverables. Individual must be extremely well-rounded with respect to database, back-end and front end abilities. Duties also include testing, debugging and application support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Designs/develops/implements forward thinking technical solutions that meet requested need as well as facilitate future enhancements.
- Implement vendor supplied applications and design/develop interfaces from internal systems to interact with accordingly.
- Gathers requirements from users, creates specifications and develops code.
- Designs and writes codes to support existing applications.
- Provides technical recommendations to help with solving business problems.
- Oracle 10g/11g with working knowledge of PL/SQL
- Tomcat, Oracle Application Server or WebLogic Application Server experience required
- Working knowledge of Open Source Projects (Spring, Pentaho, SVN)
- Back Office Web App experience (Document Generation, Imaging, etc.)
- Document Generation (Bottomline, Docucorp) experience a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly Motivated/Self-Starter
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
4-year degree from College or University plus 7 - 10 years related experience.
Knowledge of Database software, strong alpha-numeric data entry skills. Knowledge of Outlook Contact Management systems; Knowledge of Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software is preferred.
Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Be able to perform a variety of tasks. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected