HealthPlex Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJune 7, 2016
Lots of interesting work to do with a great management team. Good benefits and work hours. There is room to change departments and to move up if that is what you desire.
Interesting
Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMarch 29, 2016
Co-workers helped one another out if something goes wrong and you need to have speed.

You work hard but you learn to communication among members with their benefits and be very polite.
Pros
Very patient Supervisor that never gave up on any of her trainees.
Cons
Short hours
Good Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Good company to work for although there is no room for advancement. Micro-managed in many departments. Good work life balance.
Typical high volume call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Very very very very high turn over rate!!!!! Most the decent people either quit or are fired!!!!!

Prison like atomshere with people constantly looking over your shoulder, screens are monitored on your computer, only half hour lunch break, back to back calls.

Management is poor and extremely unprofessional
Pros
Training
Cons
Atmosphere
fun but stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYNovember 5, 2015
healthplex overall was a great place to work. coworkers and management was great- upper management was terrible. don't ever get your hopes up for getting a day off approved- it will always be denied due to staffing. learned a lot overall and training was super helpful.
Cons
chained to desk, short breaks
Great work environent.
Customer Service Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2015
A place to grow and develop, they treat their employees well and great benefits as an added perk. With free beverages and the opportunity to grow if you are a top perfomer, this is what make sthis company great.
intersting
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYSeptember 14, 2015
this company portrays a team oriented environment and its not.
very stressful and no room for growth.their lack of caring for the individual representative has the moral down.
Large Company with great employees
Provider Relations Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYSeptember 14, 2015
I have become very close with the small team I work with (4 others). Our Provider relations Department is made up of 30 people and the Director is an amazing woman yet the supervisors who we report to and are directly under her are poor managers with no leadership skills.
Cons
poor accrual schedule and weak benefits
Very nice and quiet place with wonderful air condition.
Mail sorter (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYAugust 20, 2015
Very nice and quiet place . Managers and supervisors always ready to help. Tools are always provided , Also very nice food court . Nice and secured place , very safe enviroment.
healthplex the factory
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMay 30, 2015
too much favoritism going on. some follow policies others don't. company doesn't care about its employees. you can never get a day off, nobody wants to be bothered, they make everyone feel
like robots.
Cons
short breaks
Comfortable workplace with a reasonable workload
Quality Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMay 27, 2015
-A typical day at work for me would be managing cases for 3 different different insurance groups. Making sure each case has all the information needed within 30 days for a determination to be made. Cases near or at the deadline need to resolved and written reports are sent to the specific member, the member's provider and insurance group who covers the member in order to advise them what is the our determination for the member's appeal/grievance/complaint.
-I learned the Medicaid/Medicare healthcare system, how insurance and billing operates, how to manage my work more efficiently, improved my skills with different computer program such as oracle, microsoft word, excel, access and outlook.
-Management is fair to its coworkers and communication between coworkers and management was clear and often.
-The hardest part of my job resolving the case when the information needed has not been received.
-Most enjoyable part of the job was working with fellow coworkers on certain cases as the environment is really friendly and coworkers working together makes resolving the cases more gratifying.
Pros
Flexible schedule and friendly environment
Cons
Very limited room for growth and below average health insurance
Fantastic company and very family oriented
MAILROOM ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMay 13, 2015
Great job and Benefits, the overall work environment was good and the learning potential is as well, the co-workers seem grumpy and unsatisfied adding stress to an otherwise more fulfilling experience. The best part of my job was knowing that I was secure and I could learn more. The Management was above and beyond and for this I am grateful. This is truly a good job for retirees and college students.
Pros
Good Benefits with free dental
Cons
Unpaid lunches, Nepotism
challenging and very fast paced environment where I learned how to multitask on a higher level and further utilize my professional skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMay 4, 2015
Healthplex was a wonderful place for me to advance my professional skills. I answered approximately 70 calls per day as well as outbound calls on a need basis. I learned how to multitask and handle extremely irate members in a professional manner. Certain personnel in management were excellent in training as well as giving constructive criticism when needed while others were not as skilled. The company definitely would advance if organization and communication amongst management was put into effect on a daily basis. The hardest part of this position in customer service was the stress that cam with the irate callers and extremely fast paced environment in which even taking a sip of water was a challenge as there were almost never any short pauses between incoming calls. The most enjoyable part of this position was the daily challenges and new information to learn and the gratification from happy members. I enjoy helping others but am an extremely diligent worker who only strives for the best in my performance in the workplace.
Pros
wonderful medical\dental benefits
Cons
short lunch\ limited bathroom breaks
Great company
Quality Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYApril 25, 2015
Healthplex is a great company with an even greater level of leadership. Sharon (the VP) cares equally about all her employees. The work environment is safe and quaint.
Pros
great diverse personalities
Cons
more employee team building events
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCFebruary 12, 2015
The HealthPlex is a great place to work. I did my internship here and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was able to assist the physical therapist.
Excellent company
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Healthplex is a great place to be employed at. My co-workers are hard working and enjoyable to be around. I've been able to expand my knowledge within the healthcare insurance industry.
not a good place no work
AR Representative (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYDecember 6, 2014
i work in this company for one and half month. they let me go because there reasons several errors. i was new to the company and expected to make errors and learn from them. They didn't even call me on a meeting to warn me if I continue to make this typical errors that I would be terminated. they just call me on the HR office and tell me to gather my things that i have been let go. i felt that I was terminated unfairly. They didn't even give me the 90 days probation.
Pros
a lot of holidays
Cons
horrible company. terminating you without warning. manager had no communicated with each other
Great place for growth !
OUTREACH REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYOctober 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company , there is so much to learn and and excellent place for growth .
Pros
great team work, great learning experience
Cons
traveling
Fresh out of College
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  UniondaleJune 24, 2014
It is okay. A lot of rules and guidelines to follow due to Healthcare regulations
Pros
well that you have a job
Cons
short breaks, 35 hour work week
Very friendly job with great flexibility.
Temp/Clerical Work (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 2, 2014
-Worked 9am to 4pm in the Summer Monday thru Friday and in the Winter i worked 9am-4pm Tuesday to Thursday.
-I learned how to work as a Temp. and how everything in the file room needed to be.
-My boss was amazing and very understanding and friendly.
-I loved my co-workers and I've gained great friends from it.
-Hardest part of the job was talking on the phone to unfriendly people.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was how flexible it was and the pay.
Pros
pay
Cons
phone calls

2.9