HealthPlex

HealthPlex Employee Reviews

Comfortable workplace with a reasonable workload
Quality Management Associate (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule and friendly environment
Cons: Very limited room for growth and below average health insurance
-A typical day at work for me would be managing cases for 3 different different insurance groups. Making sure each case has all the information needed within 30 days for a determination to be made. Cases near or at the deadline need to resolved and written reports are sent to the specific member, the member's provider and insurance group who covers the member in order to advise them what is the our – more... determination for the member's appeal/grievance/complaint.
-I learned the Medicaid/Medicare healthcare system, how insurance and billing operates, how to manage my work more efficiently, improved my skills with different computer program such as oracle, microsoft word, excel, access and outlook.
-Management is fair to its coworkers and communication between coworkers and management was clear and often.
-The hardest part of my job resolving the case when the information needed has not been received.
-Most enjoyable part of the job was working with fellow coworkers on certain cases as the environment is really friendly and coworkers working together makes resolving the cases more gratifying. – less
Fantastic company and very family oriented
MAILROOM ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYMay 13, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits with free dental
Cons: Unpaid lunches, Nepotism
Great job and Benefits, the overall work environment was good and the learning potential is as well, the co-workers seem grumpy and unsatisfied adding stress to an otherwise more fulfilling experience. The best part of my job was knowing that I was secure and I could learn more. The Management was above and beyond and for this I am grateful. This is truly a good job for retirees and college students.
challenging and very fast paced environment where I learned how to multitask on a higher level and further utilize my professional skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYMay 4, 2015
Pros: wonderful medical\dental benefits
Cons: short lunch\ limited bathroom breaks
Healthplex was a wonderful place for me to advance my professional skills. I answered approximately 70 calls per day as well as outbound calls on a need basis. I learned how to multitask and handle extremely irate members in a professional manner. Certain personnel in management were excellent in training as well as giving constructive criticism when needed while others were not as skilled. The company – more... definitely would advance if organization and communication amongst management was put into effect on a daily basis. The hardest part of this position in customer service was the stress that cam with the irate callers and extremely fast paced environment in which even taking a sip of water was a challenge as there were almost never any short pauses between incoming calls. The most enjoyable part of this position was the daily challenges and new information to learn and the gratification from happy members. I enjoy helping others but am an extremely diligent worker who only strives for the best in my performance in the workplace. – less
Great company
Quality Management Associate (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYApril 25, 2015
Pros: great diverse personalities
Cons: more employee team building events
Healthplex is a great company with an even greater level of leadership. Sharon (the VP) cares equally about all her employees. The work environment is safe and quaint.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCFebruary 12, 2015
The HealthPlex is a great place to work. I did my internship here and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was able to assist the physical therapist.
Excellent company
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Healthplex is a great place to be employed at. My co-workers are hard working and enjoyable to be around. I've been able to expand my knowledge within the healthcare insurance industry.
not a good place no work
AR Representative (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYDecember 6, 2014
Pros: a lot of holidays
Cons: horrible company. terminating you without warning. manager had no communicated with each other
i work in this company for one and half month. they let me go because there reasons several errors. i was new to the company and expected to make errors and learn from them. They didn't even call me on a meeting to warn me if I continue to make this typical errors that I would be terminated. they just call me on the HR office and tell me to gather my things that i have been let go. i felt that I was terminated unfairly. They didn't even give me the 90 days probation.
Great place for growth !
OUTREACH REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great team work, great learning experience
Cons: traveling
I really enjoyed working for this company , there is so much to learn and and excellent place for growth .
Fresh out of College
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), UniondaleJune 24, 2014
Pros: well that you have a job
Cons: short breaks, 35 hour work week
It is okay. A lot of rules and guidelines to follow due to Healthcare regulations
Very friendly job with great flexibility.
Temp/Clerical Work (Former Employee), Garden City, NYApril 2, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: phone calls
-Worked 9am to 4pm in the Summer Monday thru Friday and in the Winter i worked 9am-4pm Tuesday to Thursday.
-I learned how to work as a Temp. and how everything in the file room needed to be.
-My boss was amazing and very understanding and friendly.
-I loved my co-workers and I've gained great friends from it.
-Hardest part of the job was talking on the phone to unfriendly people.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was how flexible it was and the pay.
Exercise Physiologist
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 18, 2014
Exercise Physiologist-complete assessments; attentive to members.
advance quickly
Dental Member/Provider Services (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYNovember 30, 2013
good place to work with advancement opportunities. productive
fun and professional
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYJuly 18, 2013
very professional and pleasant atmosphere. Everyone was nice.
Productive and busy
Customer Service Senior Level Support (Current Employee), Garden City, New YorkJuly 17, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, advancement
Cons: short breaks, shift changes not available, 35hrs per week scheduling.
Healthplex is an expanding company within the health insurance
field which leaves a lot of room for advancement within the
company. A typical day at work consists of handling the work flow
of the incoming calls from the members and providers.
Clean and professional
sub contractor (Former Employee), Panama City, FLMarch 4, 2013
Pros: clean professional
Cons: no benefits, no set schedule or guaranteed work
Sub contractor, enjoyed work in a clean professional environment, cons: no benefits or set schedule.
Horrible
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Uniondale NYDecember 21, 2012
COMPANY HAS NO VALUE AT ALL IN CUSTOMER SERVICE. YOU DO NOT WANT TO WORK HERE.
A fun place to work.
Telemarketer/Customer Service (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYOctober 24, 2012
Pros: nice work enviorment
Cons: no overtime
I enjoyed my time spent with this company. My supervisior was very outgoing and created incentives to make us work harder. The competition made it even more fun.
its nice at times
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: customer service week
Cons: no breaks, only 45 minutes for lunch
I really don't have any special thing to say about on a daily basis i just go into work sometimes i dont even have the time to say good morning to the person beside me because of the business protocol. The hardest part of the job is getting along with everyone on the work force. The most enoyable part of the job is when you feel great after helping someone with there dental issue.
Great place for an High energy person
Team Lead (Current Employee), Uniondale N.Y.May 25, 2012
Pros: incentives
Cons: short lunches
Healthplex is a great company to work for. On a typical day you can speak to about over 100 people. Working here has tought me how to multi task. Being apart of managment can be demanding and challenging at times but well worth the reward. Co-workers are very friendly. The hardess part of the job would be getting a escaleted call from an irate member. The most enjoyable day would be the feeling that i get after knowing i was able to help a member in need.
Moving up
Level III Provider Services Advocate (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYApril 11, 2012
I was able to move up very quickly, went from a level 1 rep to a level 3 rep in less than 3yrs