Healthpoint Employee Reviews in United States

Diverse patient population catered to by in-house interpreters.
Medical Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMay 31, 2016
The most challenging part of this position was coming in while the Medical Director was on maternity leave. Unfortunately she was not a part of my hiring process and felt discluded. Thus making for an awkward working environment. Thankfully, after meeting with her one on one we were able to develop a personal rapport that enabled us to work cohesively and productively.
Pros
Entry level position that enabled me to obtain leadership and supervisory skills.
Cons
Low pay; not personally bilingual
Decent pharmacy with ok benefits
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 5, 2016
It's okay benefits due to the lower salary than most pharmacies in King County but it's non profit. Constant turnover but the patients make everything worthwile.
Pros
full benefit package, 17 paid days off per year
Cons
constant turnover, lackluster leadership
Great staff and enjoyed working with the company
Pharmacy Technician Float (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 9, 2015
Schedule changed and being a float technician learned a lot and was able to work at all the pharmacies(pharmacies, refill center, community pharmacies) However, the management handled all situations badly and wish things could have been handled better.
Pros
Great staff and even knew patients by name even as a float tech
Cons
Managment
Steady busy, keeping a smile on your face
DENTAL CENTER ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 12, 2015
A typical day at HP is BUSY! Its a team environment that is non stop for patient care. Management is easy going, and willing to accomodate time off when needed, approachable to all. We strive to keep a team environment, the days works so much better that way. The hardest part about my job is that we cannot help everyone. We try and help as much as possible, but due to the high volume of patients with Apple Health its honestly impossible. The most enjoyable part of my job is the gratitude of those patients who we can help out.
Pros
The team environment
Quick and easy
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Kent HealthPointApril 7, 2015
I love my job as an interpreter because I am able to help patients receive the best healthcare possible when they do not know what type of services they may be eligible due to the language barrier. I am a team player. Always punctual. I enjoy leaning new things. ?I have great communication skills. The hardest part of my job would be that I never leave things unfinished, i like to finish all my work in a timely manner. I truly enjoy working with people from different cultures.
Open to change
Assistant Health Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 7, 2014
When faced with continued growth due to Healthcare Reform, HealthPoint did what they could to adapt. Added positions to help alleviate pressure within different positions; client services representatives, front desks, assistant managers.
Pros
can be flexible with schedule
Cons
needs more standardization among different clinics
Family Practice office
Certified Medical Assistant (Lead in Training) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAAugust 19, 2014
Working at Healthpoint was a great experience. A typical day at work would consist of huddling with a provider first thing in the morning. Huddling helped us in the way of knowing what the patient needed before the patient showed up. For example, if a patient was in need of a service we would provide it. Like requesting medical records ahead of time, medication refills or if we needed to set up for a procedure that required a collection of urine or a lab draw we would mark it next to the patients name for the front desk to collect the urine sample. What I learned from Healthpoint is that communication is key, between patients and doctors and our co-workers. At Healthpoint we had a team MA that helped with indirect care like tasks, medication refills, assist with rooming patients if a provider/ma was running behind. Working as a medical assistant is very satisfying. I loved being around so many different people and being able to help them feel better. It was also a hard part of my job, because everyone needs something different and sometimes its hard to please everyone, but I try.
Pros
stability, working with people
Cons
late nights
Healthpoint was a great place to begin my medical career and had a great staff !
X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 14, 2014
Typical day at work, i came in a hour early to open the clinic make sure that everything is perfect for when we open to the patients at 5pm.

I learned quite a lot working for health point, my medical terminology and ways to work with patients, just for starters, i could go on about how my experience was at health point in great extent.

My supervisor was one of the best, not only did she play her role as a supervisor but also leveled with you as a friend in a professional manor, making you feel more comfortable in the work zone!

I had a bunch of great co-workers who taught me so much about what they have learned, got to work with fire-fighters, EMT's and the amount of knowledge i gained is priceless!

Hardest part of my job was probably leaving at the end of the night because i loved my job so much i just wanted to be there all the time, everyday its something new!

The most enjoyable part of my job is when i discharge a patient and they have this smile on they're face like we just became best friends, and i helped them so much, and i honestly love when they come back because i get to do it all over again!
Pros
health point has so many benefits, discounted lunch was one of the great ones !
Cons
how early they closed, i wish it was opened longer so we could work more!
Great Co-workers Crazy Manager
Call Center Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 17, 2014
It was a great place to be. Always fun and the whole building did something special for every holiday, but the Call Center was like the red headed step child of the entire administrative building. The manager was the worst. She had little compassion for personal problems and maintained impossible attendance policies that no other department had to (5 tardy's OR absences per YEAR).
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
not no nice boss
Very professional
Occupational Therapy Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHAugust 19, 2013
Healthpoint was a very positive environment full of therapists who had a passion for helping everyone. Not only were they passionate about helping their patients, but they all helped each other and the students to succeed. As a student, this was my most challenging clinical, but I learned a multitude of information about Occupational Therapy and what kind of COTA I want to be.
good place to learn essential work skills and get familiarity working with patients
Front Office Lead (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJune 24, 2013
a good place to work with positive people. always something new every day.
Stressful place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  KentOctober 1, 2012
With all the expanding in the company, you may end up working hard and not being recognized. Not enough sufficient training, hostile work environment. Too may variables and loose ends. Not enough staffing for pharmacist to tech ratio.
Pros
hour lunches, mission statement
Cons
not enough staffing, under pays, not enough training, no support from upper management
The best company to learn from
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 26, 2012
The atmosphere of HealthPoint Federal was incredible. My co-workers and I worked great together and I learned a lot from this clinic.