HealthSource, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Fun Place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 16, 2016
Typical Work day is very busy, multitasking office, management listens to concerns of employees, nice facility, and good location.
Benefits
Pick a Different Job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Baxter, MNJune 8, 2015
HealthSource is a franchise and they are successful because they know how to advertise. Chiropractic works - don't get me wrong - but be prepared to spend A LOT OF MONEY! And most of it WONT be covered by your insurance.

The people are charismatic, so Super Camp is a blast (outside of the LONG hours of sitting) - but much like Obama, it only looks good on the outside, but on the inside it's expensive and deceiving.

You work at least five days a week and will pull in more than 40 hours, but you are salaried with NO benefits OR overtime. You can also expect to work most Saturday's as that's how they draw in their clients or patients - that is also unpaid.

I would just consider it legalized slavery.
Pros
....
Cons
No Benefits, Overtime, Medical, or decent wage.
Awful place to work
MHW (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 11, 2016
16 hour work days due to forced mandation. The union is also complete BS. Unless you have an RN after your name prepare to be treated like an idiot even though I am working on a masters degree. mental health workers are the slaves of the unit while the nurses sit high and mighty not to mention the nursing manager is one of the rudest most uncaring nurses I have ever met. The work is easy except the forced mandation because they are so under staffed and keep admitting patients for more money.
Great Place to work
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 22, 2016
Great environment for people who want to make a difference and help others. Also the staff and management is helpful and encouraging.
In this job you help patients in their day to day activities.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Unpaid
Ever-changing and challenging workplace
MHW (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 3, 2015
The work is hard and the hours can be very long, especially due to the forced mandation if your seniority is low, which could mean that you work a 16 hour shift. Sometimes the job is rewarding, but mostly it's tedious and frustrating. Management is very finicky, except for a few. Many times it seems that there is more of a push on stabilizing a patient and getting them out than there is on helping a patient to not come back.
productive fun
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  saginaw, MiOctober 21, 2015
a typical day at work is unpredictable. I work on a psychiatric unit. being employed there, it can go from calm to chaotic in a matter of minutes. it can be very stressful at times. I am a very dedicated worker and any company I work for I strive to be the best employee and do the best work possible
Cons
teamwork among job classifications
great emplyer would work me as much as i wanted
lpn (Former Employee) –  Hicksville New YorkAugust 4, 2012
flexible schedule. good hourly pay, my coordinator avaiable all the time to assist me if needed.loved working with healthsource.hardest part of the job was initial orientation to the facility there really wasnt any however the staff was really helpful
Pros
excellant management, flexable schedule, good pay
Cons
no benefits no direct deposit
Very nice atmosphere with friendly people
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAOctober 27, 2015
Worked in a small office with a few other people, including the Chiropractor. Very welcoming place with very wonderful co workers.
a good stepping stone, not a good career based job
Food Service Worker / Cook (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 7, 2015
This place is a good place to start out at but not a good place to end up at. There is vacation time to those who have 16 guaranteed hrs, other than that there is nothing to look forward to.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor management
Great Experience
MENTAL HEALTH WORKER (Current Employee) –  Saginaw MIJuly 10, 2015
Health source is a great place to work. Of course its a hospital so the 24 hr operation can have some disadvantages like mandarin but overall its a great place.

Want to know more about HealthSource, Inc.?

Ask a question
Faced pace and busy office.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 27, 2013
I am very thankful for the knowledge that I learned about Chiropractic, customer service and management! I was able to stay up to date with billing and insurance changes. I loved knowing that the patients got great care, and we were fixing the problem instead of just putting a bandaid on the problem. I didn't care for the lack of communication especially from the doctor. Also the office was constantly changing with new employees that I constantly was training with the constant changes it never seemed we were ever a cohesive team.
Pros
taking bussiness trips once a year for training purposes
Cons
lack of communication
Very tense environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 17, 2015
It is a husband and wife team. However they do not know how to run a business and they constantly bring their home life to work.
Pros
The patients are awesome
Pathways Detoxification Unit
Primary Therapist-Detoxification (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 5, 2014
A typical day at work was sitting in a small room for 5-6 hours doing group therapy with anywhere from 1-6 detoxing clients. Somewhere other than that you had to get a 12 page psychosocial assessment, treatment plan and aftercare plan developed. Keep in mind the clients are sick and usually are only able to participate fulling in the process after 1-2 days and the average stay is 3-5 days.

The Nursing staff bullys the therapists in the unit and basically run the unit. Management wants the problem to go away but remains impotent in their actions choosing to scapegoat the therapists rather than develop a heirarchy of command within the unit. It was rumored the whole time I was there that the facility wanted to divest itself of the detoxification unit and did so when planning the new facility in 2008 and then added a wall at the end of one inpatient wing and called it the detox unit. The space to do group work in a patient room without a bed which is unacceptable and the patients are not allowed outside for the duration of their stay.

It was a miserable existance feeling like a babysitter with a graduate degree.
Pros
communication with the white pine therapists
Cons
everything else
HealthSource Saginaw
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 13, 2014
I am a Nurse Manager in Behavioral Medicine managing several different units on an inpatient basis. I work well with others.
I have approximately 140 employees and do evaluations on them yearly.
I do all of the hiring and firing of employees.
Manage a budget within the department.
I am on several committees, which include patient safety, environment of care, P & T committee working with our pharmacist and physicians re medications.
I work with the grievance process if necessary as we have 4 unions here that I work with.
I try to improve the quality of care our patients receive. I field all calls where parents or providers may not understand the program.
I work on polices and have recently passed several auidts with TJC and CMS.
I am very proud of my accomplishments here at HealthSource.
Great people, Making great lifestyle decisions
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ILOctober 25, 2013
My typical day at work consist of, helping people, collections, phone calls, insurance verifications, etc. I learn a lot everyday, of course we change ways of doing things here so we stay compliant. Being a Manager is great. I love it, I don't think of it as being a boss, more so being a leader and setting a good example. My co-workers are amazing people. We work together to make sure we give our patients what they need and the best experience while being in our office. The hardest part of my job would be losing patients. We have patients that pass or move, but we always think of them. The best part of my day is knowing that we are changing lives by helping our patients get better and helping them to live longer and healthier lives.
Pros
helping people
Cons
not enough hours
Poor upper management stratagies/Poor communications between different areas of hospital due to poor work ethic
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saginaw MiJuly 23, 2014
Not interested in advancement of facility and refuse to pay to move the hospital ahead in to the future of healthcare.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
not willing to invest in the process of moving towards the advancing medical field
Healthsource
CNA (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 31, 2013
Healthsource has a beautiful building but management tends to not see the problems that are going on. One area has a day room person and depending on who works that person can only tend to the day room and not help with answering lights or toileting resident's.
Although when this day room person leaves the rules change. The workers take turns filling in on the day room and your suppose to toilet the resident's and answer lights when you are in the day room being taken from your work to sit in the day room once this person leaves puts you behind.
Nurse's don't know which CNA's have their resident's they are more concern with passing meds and not doing anything but making sure your name is on a care board than actually helping with the residents. Staff is very negative if you don't go into the building smiling and up beat you may find your self without a job. Many Nurses walk away from the Med Cart with them open still.
Mangement is good at sugar coating what they think you need to hear as well as what you need to know. There is no team work all lifts are two person transfer but in actuality there is not enough staff on the clock to make this possible so most of the time you do it by your self.
Management will make you look bad and them look as if they can't do no wrong.
If you try to discuss the problems that's when they start to tell you that maybe this isn't the right floor for you.

Your life is HealthSource they make no exception for a day off with the excuse of you have no PTO time. you get one day off a week with every other weekend. You are burnt out even before your career
  more... begins.  less
Would NEVER work here under current leadership
Salaried Employee (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 14, 2014
Healthsource Saginaw is not a good place to work. They treat employees unfairly and are not good to the patients. The leadership is in serious need of change. They do not care about anyone but themselves. I would not recommend anyone to work here or be a patient here.
Pros
decent work hours
Cons
horrid management and poorly operated
I had a job that I loved as well as loving my resident.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CENA) (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 13, 2012
What mad my job bearable was the fact that I loved my work and residents. I love coming to work happy and making a positive difference in my residents lifes. Giving them hope, diginity, love and respect. Taking extra time when needed and meeting their needs to the best of my abilities. Puting a smile on their face and in their hearts. Making their day a little bit brighter and happier.
Fast pased, Interaction with People, Training available
Fleet Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 15, 2013
Enjoyed working with other employees and the clients. Trained doing hands-on work. I am a fast learner and want to do something I enjoy. The hardest part is the marketing part, which you must inform your clients with as much information as possible and be able to answer any questions they may have.
Pros
flexible schedule, great hours, friendly, helpful staff
Cons
looking for long term

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthSource, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9