HealthSouth Corporation

HealthSouth Corporation Employer Reviews

do not work here high turn over rates
Rehab Nurse Tech (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: friendliness first 3mths
Cons: nurses gossiping, giving you there meds to pass, if they dont like you they will fire u for any reason
Bad pay they start EVERY one at same pay at prn $10 with 9 yrs experience!! They constantly fire people and are short staff, the nurses put all the work on you saying they are too busy passing meds to help, and there are personal friends within work if they dont like u they gossip and mske up stuff to get fired. Worse job ever! Healthsouth corporate was wonderful in handling all my problems! Everybody is nice at first beware !!
Acute Care Rehabilitation Hospital
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 21, 2015
HealthSouth is an acute care rehabilitation hospital with average time of stay 2-4 weeks. Evidence-based practice guidelines are used to treat patients. Each PT/PTA is paired with an OT/COTA to work as an interdisciplinary team. HealthSouth also has an onsite outpatient
clinic.

Clinical experience included assistance with patient caseload due to stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, neurological disorders, orthopedic joint replacement, fractures, amputation, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, wound care, cardiac and pulmonary conditions and multiple traumas, under the direction of a PTA and PT. Assisted in patient caseload progress reports, patient documentation and patient and family education
Rapidly changing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJanuary 9, 2015
Rapidly changing, shifting priorities, management changes, physical rehabilitation as a field is excellent with good stability and growth potential but Rusk losses staff and changes administration frequently.
See below.
REHAB LIAISON (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 6, 2014
Immediate staff worked very well together. HealthSouth had a good environment for balancing work and life. Good insurance package and overall good place to work.
Overall positive experience.
Human Resource Information Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 29, 2014
I learned a lot during my tenure. I will take what I've learned and grow from it. Moving onward to share my knowledge and hopefully grow even more at my next place of employment. I wish the very best to my coworkers and the company. I will miss the daily routine and the satisfaction I received from helping our hospital staff nationwide.
food nutrition NOT A good place for employment
Nutrtion food serviceAide (Former Employee), Arlington, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: the overall hospital staff are helpful and plesant.
Cons: not very good place to work ***** beware of kitchen staff not! even supervisor
It started out to be a great place to work. But i didnt receive enough training I was trained by someone who spoke little english which made things hard..And pay for the amount of work for one person .WHAT I LIKED ABOUT it OVER ALL STAFF FROM OTHER DEPARTMENTS MADE YOU FEEL SO WELCOMED WHEN MY OWN DEPARTMENT DIDNT.
dedicated employees
Executive Assistant to Regional President (Current Employee), Worcester, MANovember 12, 2014
Great company with dedicated healthcare workers. Flexible hours and fair benefits.
poor management
Rehab Tech (Former Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 9, 2014
They are not understanding of people's personal issues going on in their life and unwilling to work with your schedule or make any accommodations.
Always learning new stuff
PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLOctober 30, 2014
Pros: luncheons
Cons: company closed
I like always learning new things. Everyday was different. Sometimes very stressful because customers were rude !!!
My time at Healthsouth
Marketing Liaison (Current Employee), HoustonOctober 27, 2014
A typical day is full of appointments and seeking out new opportunities. I work on a team but cover my own territory and accounts and hold the responsibility for contacts and tracking outcomes in CRM. I meet with physicians, NPs, Pas and Clinical Managers presenting Rehab services Healthsouth has to offer. Conversations are geared towards overcoming objections for that they don't have a patient that will benefit from IPR, elaborating on diagnosis we treat, utilizing charts, graphs and summaries of outcomes and results. As well as a consistent effort to build deep long term relationships with physicians, office staff, clinical managers, NPs, Pas and Speciality Drs.
great company, and leadership
LPTA (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great work conditions
Cons: moved away, spouse reloacted, no availabiltiy to transfer
Enjoyed this job, husband relocated. learned a lot regarding inpatient rehab.
Nice place
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 12, 2014
Great place to work if you like 12 hour shifts mostly 4 days a week. I like the work available however the pay and time off can be even better.
Great culture and atmosphere
Supply Chain Operations Intern (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 6, 2014
I was a Supply Chain Operations intern. I Participated in vendor contract negotiations. I also researching opportunities for savings through standardization. I participated in data collection for and reviewing of potential acquisition of facilities, contract comparisons and preparing rollout information for smooth transitions.
Productive, fun, fast paced workplace
SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR (Former Employee), Plantation, Fl. 33324September 30, 2014
Pros: fun face paced office
Cons: can't think of one
Log off service. Switch board operator. Answered 45 lines for 3 different locations.
Horrible management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: new hospital
Cons: everything else
Micro management out of control CNO inexperienced and dishonest. Supervisors are out of control and do what they want. Managed by fear with no direct chain of command. No amount of money worth working here.
High pressure, stress filled job
PARTNERSHIP RESYNDICATION SENIOR ANALYST (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 3, 2014
I worked for a short period during the restatement period of this company, in a new department created just to prepare financial statements for use in security offerings. There were many time constraints resulting in excessive overtime work.
poor management
RN case manager (Former Employee), ArkansasAugust 30, 2014
Pros: good rehab and employees
Cons: management poor and doesn't listen.
I worked 3 1/2 years. Went through a lot of management changes. I gave my notice. 2 days later I was told they would pay out my notice but wouldn't let me work it out. They walked me out like I was a criminal. I have seen them do this in several occasions.
Toxic and oppressive environment
RN (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCAugust 17, 2014
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: toxic work environment
The atmosphere is dominated by fear. Management uses fear to manage staff. Unsafe working conditions. Nurse to patient ratio is dangerous. Patient acuity is disproportionate to capacity of staff. Time constraints are in place, yet nursing staff must complete multiple assignments during course of day. Hardest part of job is heavy and unsafe patient load, heavy medication pass and trying to stay within the limits of company policy. Lower management contributes to low moral of nursing staff. People frequently quit and turn over is high.
Great staff, horrible management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Vineland, NJAugust 17, 2014
Pros: gained experience
Cons: very high employee turnover rate
The staff and co-workers were a pleasure to be with. The management was unreasonable of their requests.
Excellent Culture with a great place to start a career out of college.
Accountant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 9, 2014
Pros: corporate events
Cons: poor management vision and direction
HealthSouth is a great company with a difficult future due to the regulatory environment at hand. The companies current business lines are limited to moderate or slowed growth. Promotion and job security are near the bottom for a company its size. Significant talk and promotion is given to HR policy that promotes a "great place to work". However, when an issue arises, almost always the policy is ignored and the Company wins out and does not promote the employee. Considering the other great companies in the area, I would not suggest HealthSouth as a long-term viable option for a career.

1 2 3 4 5

About HealthSouth Corporation

HealthSouth is actually all over the map as one of the largest rehabilitation services providers in the nation.¬†Its¬†facilities – Read more