HealthSouth Corporation Employee Reviews

Incompetent management and hostile environment.
Member of the Leadership Team (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2017
High staff turnover at every level including leadership. Unethical practices. Poor corporate support. Employees are unfairly targeted, harassed, and retaliated against for pointing out problems and attempting to remedy them.
Great Working Environment
Rehab Nurse Tech Observed (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 15, 2017
Health south is a great place to work. I enjoy working with the rehabilitation patients, they are kind and you can learn a lot from talking with them.
Terrible Place to work
Heathsouth Rehabilitation Hospital Newnan (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 15, 2017
Many promises, zero delivery!
Census is always low, management is inconsistent.
If you need to pay your bills, please don't work here! Please, the cons outweigh the pros.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
I love this company
Medical Assistant, Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 15, 2017
Atypical day at work was amazing i love company in to work every day. i learned a lot there was many growth there and that is several things i loved about the company. we had all types of cultures working for this company which made it fun cause i got to learn different languages.
Arrange transportation pickup, and drop-off incoming and outgoing residents. • Involved in managing strategies for employee professional development
Rehab Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasAugust 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working with new people and being able to help them and provide the service needed to all my clients was a pleasure being able to accommodate them
Back breaker!
RNT/ CNA (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 9, 2017
The acuity level of the patients is too high for the tech to patient ratio. Often we are stuck trying to move 250+ lbs patients with little to no help. Most of the nurses have "hurt backs" or "I'm just not feeling it tonight". All management has to say is "use teamwork", when no one is willing to help.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Very strenuous work, lack of help with transfers, management doesn't listen
Official response from HealthSouth Corporation
August 15, 2017

We appreciate you providing feedback on your experience at our Fayetteville, AR hospital. Your review has been forwarded to the appropriate contacts. If you’d like to provide additional details, you can reach out to us at EmployeeHotline@healthsouth.com

Typical Rehab Hospital
Staff and Lead Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 9, 2017
HealthSouth was a typical inpatient rehab hospital. The medical director was very supportive of the rehab staff and valued our opinions during meeting about the patient's.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Fast paced, lots of expectations.
Very good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cutler Bay, FLAugust 8, 2017
Very good clean facility wonderful work. Great team members who provide the awesome Care . Nurses are wonderful . Provide the best care always put the patient first.
friendly environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 3, 2017
love the people that I worked with, they work as a team and are very knowledgeable of their roles. It is a small setting and very educational, the nurses are wonderful and I am delighted to have been in their presents.
Pros
pay
Cons
stability
HealthSouth
Front Desk Intake, PT Aide (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 2, 2017
HealthSouth closed to another company while I worked there. From what I know Select is an good company to work for providing both outpatient and inpatient care.
Fun PLace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 31, 2017
I loved the people I worked with and even the job I worked. It was a lot of fun working with rehab patients. It was cool seeing patients get better and be able to see the their progress.
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 29, 2017
I enjoy working for the company, if I have an issues HR and my supervisor are always Ava and willing to help. They are very flexible with my school schedule as well.
Low Stress
Marketing Liaison (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
Slow paced environment with low stress. If you get bored easily this is not the company to work for. Minimal expectations for employees across the board.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Unfullfilling
Very Stressful Environment. Very cut throat. Management not supportive to staff
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 24, 2017
I would not recommend this facility for anyone who wants to have a life outside of work. Hours are long and employees feel very unappreciated. Upper management leaves a lot to be desired. Benefits are good but employees are not treated fairly. This is the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Employees are very kind
Cons
Management tends to harass staff
Official response from HealthSouth Corporation
July 31, 2017

We appreciate you providing feedback on your experience at our Richardson, TX hospital. Your review has been forwarded to the appropriate contacts. If you’d like to provide additional details, you can reach out to us at feedback@healthsouth.com.

High stress
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 21, 2017
Staffing ratios are almost unbearable due to the amount of patients and the acuity of care they need. Minimum of 9-10.

12 hour shifts
30 min. Lunch, if your lucky
Always short staffed

Management treats staff as if they were a number and anyone can be replaced for any reason and at any point in time.

The best thing I have to say is I only have to deal with this place 3 days a week.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Healthcare, overworked, underpaid
very educational and advanced place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 20, 2017
I loved working here because there was so much room to grow and advance in job roles. I learned many roles in my time here and gained many friends. I definitely miss healthsouth.
Pros
great people, relaxed environment, good pay
Cons
weekends and holidays were a must
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 19, 2017
Great place to work. If you are dedicated to your job and can adjust to a fast pace working environment this a great start. Great staff from management to regular employees.
typical
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Gap, PAJuly 12, 2017
Care for patients is on par or above.The facility is in great shape and clean.The staff are very diligent and care for the patients and their needs.The entire hospital has a good responsive feel to it.
Bad management
Executive Assistant/Nursing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 9, 2017
Not organized. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Certain people don't get held accountable for their actions. Make people do more then they get paid for.
Hard work and low pay
Rehab Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 8, 2017
Started off good, but when they became short staffed they wanted you to work lots of extra days. A coworker of mine was working 13 nights in a row (which is ridiculous). I'm currently in school and have children. They weren't very flexible with my schedule. They wanted Healthsouth to be my entire life. They would always ask me to work extra, but never wanted to give me a day off. I had to call in because I had a sick child and they didn't want to give me the night off! So ridiculous. Most of the nurses are lazy and don't want to help take care of the patients so you're basically stuck taking care of 10-14 patients on your own while your nurse sits on her phone. Upper management is awful. They sit and gossip about the workers and spread everyone's business around. We also had lots of in service mandatory classes which ranged from 2-8 hours. Not good when you're in school or have kids.
Pros
Free t shirts and food
Cons
Hard work, low pay, terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthSouth Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8