HealthSouth Corporation Employee Reviews

jobs
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 5, 2016
Very hard place to work . MANAGEMENT was very hard to please. CO works where not very helpful . my clients are the reason i went to work . i love helping people . i assisted in daily care ,showers ,undressing and putting to bed my clients .
Pros
meet alot of nice clients
Cons
This was my first job after i graduated nursing school and was an excellent company to work for.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 1, 2016
This job gave me so much knowledge and experience. Everyone was so helpful here. My nurse manager was the best boss I ever had.
Pros
Great pay, excellent benefits, great management
horrible upper management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 27, 2016
If you don't suck up to upper management, you won't get very far. They will quickly throw their long time employees under the bus if it makes them look better. With one hand,they throw all of these "perks " in your face, all while holding a proverbial knife behind their back. And the morals of the " higher ups" are questionable. I would not work there again.
Pros
pay, benefits were okay, nice coworkers
Cons
everything else
Good experience
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Very good job in order to be able to see many different kinds of injuries/illness and was perfect job to allow me to go into Home Health due to being able to work with various people at one time.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Increased work load/ weekends
Stop and smell the roses
Marketing Liaison (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 3, 2016
it was disappointing to feel as if your were moving people through like cattle because they are a census driven hospital. There's a lotos convincing to get a person into rehab and even once you've exhausted all recources, it was not good enough if a person didn't admit or choose us
Pros
Felt good when you saw the outcomes
Cons
patients treated like cattle
Great Pay & Benefits
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSDecember 29, 2015
The pay and benefits are wonderful but the work culture is less than desirable. Management is supportive but the other staff is not. The average work load is also way too high on most days. It is a physically demanding job and you will hurt when you leave for the day.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Short staffed, heavy workload, physically demanding, poor culture
DOP job was not too stressful, overall decent place to work
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 25, 2015
I was very impressed when I first started as the DOP for this company. They were not paying me for being on call, which was promised to me, If you work here ensure everything is in writing.
Pros
Easy job, little stress
Cons
unethical behavior
Productive and fun workplace.
Level I Fieldwork Student (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLDecember 14, 2015
"HealthSouth is one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute healthcare services and through the acquisition of Encompass Home Health and Hospice, an industry leader in home-based patient care. Our priority is to deliver high quality patient care and our team of experts has extensive experience in today’s most advanced therapeutic methods and technologies. HealthSouth leads the way, consistently outperforming peers with a unique, intensive approach to rehabilitation, returning patients to full strength in less than average time. At HealthSouth we continually strive for excellence in all that we do, partnering with every patient to find a treatment plan that works for them."
Paid and Management
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VADecember 7, 2015
If somone would have told me about the company a year ago, I would never can here the CNOand CEO has no clue of how to treat the employee less compassion for there staff, staff turnover very high, paid is low consisting the amount of work you do.If you are a Rehab tech you might receive more patient then you can handle, Its like working in a nursing home not a Rehab. The name should be Hellsouth not Healthsouth
Pros
Being to hel patients and nice hardworking co-workers
Cons
staff and benefits
No concern for the person
Marketing dir (Former Employee) –  SCNovember 16, 2015
I worked here a total of 6 months. Demands a lot from you but doesn't care about you or your family. Not a friendly warm place to work. That is why turn over is so high.
Cons
Reputation, unfriendly
Admissions/Discharges of patients
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 30, 2015
DCM was "Challenging" to work with...unable to control her temper
CM to patient ratio poor
CEO cheap
Poor communication skills performed by DCM
Pros
Worked well with assigned Physiatrist
Cons
too much work, not enough help & poor DCM assistance
Fun place to work and learn.
PTA clinical experience (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2015
Fun place to work and apply knowledge learned in school. Watching patients get better before your eyes, due to your treatment is priceless.
Volitile place to work. Very HIGH turn over. Poisonous management.
staff (Former Employee) –  alexandriaOctober 12, 2015
Upper management of hospital and company are poisonous to a positive work environment. Constantly pitting one employee against another. Secretly and deliberately creating scenarios to discredit employees and then fire them. MANY personality conflicts between management and employees. Severely understaffed often. Census stayed very low for extended periods of time, employees were often called off and would eventually quit to find a more stable work environment.
Pros
Good food in the cafeteria. Building smelled clean.
Cons
constant fear of management mood and losing job.
The best company I have worked for in my whole career.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 5, 2015
HealthSouth is one of the top Rehabilitation hospitals in the United States and Puerto Rico. Their work ethic and dignity is top notch. I enjoy waking up and going to work everyday. I have the best managers and bosses that I have ever had the pleasure of working for here at HealthSouth. I work with 150 people on a daily basis and know each by name and have a great working relationship with each one. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that any person can come to me and have the confidence to know I will help them.
Pros
I have the greatest boss in the world.
Cons
It is here in Alabama. I am ready to move back to Connecticut.
no comments
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 19, 2015
Dedicated group of individuals that work at Healthsouth Sunrise Rehabilitation in Sunrise Florida. The work can be very challenging and at times, extremely stressful.environment. However, it can be very rewarding seeing patients progressing from admissions to discharge.
No better than any other healthcare facility
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 4, 2015
Frequent short staffing, up to 10/11 patients per nurse on some days. When staffing is good, nurses are sent home (flexed) to save the company money. Patient and staff safety is clearly not a priority. Nurses and aides are constantly asked to sign up for overtime because there is not enough staff-where is the work/life balance? Very low morale. Everyone is miserable. The pay and benefits are okay but not worth what you have to put up with.
Pros
Some great staff members who are really trying their best
Cons
everything else
job
Data auditor (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOSeptember 3, 2015
I worked evenings here for a few years. I enjoyed my coworkers. We were allowed to listen to headphones during work, so that made the evening go by faster. We also had flexible hours during a certain shift.
P T tech (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2015
22 years of employment and very satisfied with how I am treated and what I do everyday I work there. Therapist are well trained, Team work is great. What more do I need to say
Benefits
Cons
N/A
Opened New Doors
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 11, 2015
Fun place to work most of the time. Small community of nice people. Most of the people that worked there were very friendly.
Pros
Reasonable driving distance
Cons
Unable to leave desk unless someone watched, which was not always available.
Horrible place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Rockford IlAugust 2, 2015
Not enough staff for amount of patients.
CNA duties include