HealthSouth Corporation Employee Reviews

Not very friendly people
Nurse Texh (Former Employee) –  ABQ, NMJanuary 21, 2017
Not a good place to work. It's a nice facility but the people are not very friendly or helpful. If you are looking for something dependable, this isn't it. You get flexed a lot based on census.
cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I gave baths and took patients. Did vitals and took care patients For 7 pm to 7am Three days a week. IT was rehab places. Nice place to work.
Pharmacy Technician
CPhT (Current Employee) –  HoustonJanuary 17, 2017
Coworkers pretty much make the job enjoyable. However, most of the good things about working here have been on the decline since being acquired by Health South. My pharmacist, nurses, and HR are great but administration is the complete opposite. Pretty much the classic blue collar vs. white collar story. We work in a practical way and they work in a theoretical way.
Pros
Low turn over at this hospital
Cons
Lack of being on accord with administration.
Never again
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYJanuary 16, 2017
Mangers don't do their jobs. And some treat their employees awful. All employees are divided into cliques. Departments treat others departments poorly. Pay isn't all that great. Was lied to in the interview about holidays. EVS techs are ran to death.
Pros
Free lunch every other Thursday.
Cons
EVERYTHING
An encouraging environment and always room to learn and grow as a tehrapist.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Great co-workers, positive atmosphere, amazing administration! I go to work happy and come home happy, win-win! There is always room to learn more and grow as a therapist. I love how encouraging and helpful everyone is!
Terrible place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham corporate officeJanuary 12, 2017
Worked in the corporate office. Very old school, good-ole-boy atmosphere, has not changed management attitude in all these years. CEO and Vice Presidents are all arrogant and women are beneath them. Women are treated like it was 1950 again and as if they don't have minds. If you like to get food, clean, get coffee, working in the corporate office is for you.
Pros
Cons
Evertyhing
Management is horrible especially nursing.
RN (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJanuary 8, 2017
Management is terrible. Do not work here if you are a nurse! They treat nurses horrible. It seems great in beginning but they will stab you in back in a minute. Management does not care about their nurses at all and never have your back.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management and treatment of nurses is poor
Positive environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 6, 2017
Management is creative, employees seemed happy, Staff is educated and enthusiastic, further education is encouraged, staff input welcomed and encouraged, staff works well together. Rehabilitation well done and able to care for all ages. They have pool therapy which they utilize often. Centrally located. HealthSouth has a good reputation overall and in many locations. Company is comitted to community served. I really enjoyed serving on community safety board which was requested by supervisor for company outreach.
Pros
colleagial sharing
Cons
Review from 1997
The one in Scottsdale is a Great Hospital
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale AZJanuary 3, 2017
I work at the Scottsdale hospital so I can't speak for the other hospitals. The management team, admin, dietary, PT, and all those in between are absolutely great team players and are very compassionate about helping their patients. I'm so glad I accepted the position here.
Pros
Lots of team work
Cons
can't think of any
good for work
RN (Former Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRJanuary 1, 2017
Trabaje 8 años alli lo amaba mi trabajo alli pero todo cambio desde que fallecio la directora de enfermeria hace 2 años. Pero los que trabajamos alli damos nuestro 100 % por los pacientes.
Patients and staff first.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 15, 2016
performed respiratory duties. Pt care was a the for front of what we do. We got to know our patient and gave good care. Coworker work as a well oiled machine. We always didn't see eye to eye but we came together for our patients.
Pros
Cons
Pt need activity after therapy
Healthsouth rehabilitation hospital
Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 12, 2016
The hospital in Fort Smith, AR has some of the best therapist in the area. In all areas of therapy there are hard working therapist that do everything they can to help the patients get back home.

The nursing staff is great but very resistant to therapy's suggestions.
Great Place to work
NURSE EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 12, 2016
This is an excellent place to work. Very diverse culture. Hard working team members willing to help each other out. The only downfall is being short staffed at times.
Pros
team members are great, managment is pretty good
Cons
short staffed, no cafeteria opened at night for employees
Office Mgr/Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Upland, CADecember 5, 2016
Great place work. Learned very much regarding the medical field and enjoyed the operations management and accounting functions. Worked with good people who were excited about growth and opportunities for all. The hardest thing was when the office closed and our great team had to disband
Pros
Great management
Cons
Closing of the office
Work environment and staff are exceptional
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VANovember 29, 2016
This is one of the best places to work, especially night shift! The atmosphere and staff are exceptional. Would have loved to finish my nursing career here.
Consistent work schedule with normal holidays off
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 23, 2016
Pretty consistent daily routine. Make sure patients come down for therapy, assist the therapists with treatments, and complete necessary paperwork. Hardest part is convincing patients to participate that have no desire. Most enjoyable part is seeing the patients get better.
Pros
Free food that people bring all the time, benefits, consistent schedule
Cons
Average pay, not a lot of opportunites for advancement
Great
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 20, 2016
This has been a great company to work for; When the cost of benefits rise at other companies, they do not rise at this company and that to me is very important.
Of course everything isn't perfect but, I'd say its' head and shoulders above other palaces that I've worked
Pros
Staff, family atmospere, cleaniness
Cons
flucuating census causes reduction in hours at times
Wonderful company
Rehab Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 11, 2016
I was pregnant, desperate to find a job. I applied to many places, fast food, etc. Where they turned me down because they thought I was unable to do a good job while pregnant. Healthsouth gave me the chance to work for them and I must say this is a wonderful place to work for. They show you appreciation and treat their employees with so much respect. I worked as a rehab nurse tech and while the job can be physically demanding, it has much room for you to advance and move up with the company.
Pros
Great staff, professional environment, cheap lunches
Cons
Physically demanding, must do things in a very timely manner, rather large work load some days
not a good place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 10, 2016
very stressful they did put me thru a cna cross training course where I learned how to do bladder scans n tube feedings. management was not good back then
Pros
cross training course
Cons
poor working conditions
don't bother
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLNovember 7, 2016
This was a great place to work, until new management came in and took over. It was a place where you wanted to go everyday but with new CEO and her friend CNO it is pure mean and derespectful!! At times you have 16 very sick patients, some that should have never even been there... Very positive the first 2 yrs till new management came in. Over worked understaffed and treated like dirt. Very negative atmosphere
HR is a joke. Stress level is high. They to away Holidays and other things from us. I ended up in the ER for stress and still got in trouble for missing work.... Worst place to work. Its all about the money there and not about the patients or workers. CNO has no idea what she is doing.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthSouth Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9