HealthSouth Corporation

HealthSouth Corporation Employee Reviews

Like Family
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 11, 2015
Pros: Everyone is friendly and benefits are really good
Cons: The closing of their out-patient clinics
I really loved working for this company. The staff was like a family home away from home. Everyone works together and services are really about bettering the patient.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 1, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
Good place to work. I learned alot about accounting and Sox whille working at healthsouth.
At the time I came on healthsouth was just recovering from the debocale .
Hiring process
cna (Former Employee), Evansville IndianaMay 24, 2015
Pros: None. Never got a chance
Cons: poor communication
applied got the job. Did my pre employment the next week. Was told I could start on the following Tuesday. Waited around for almost 2 weeks before they called me back and told me I could start. I had to apply to another job because they could tell me a start date. Needless to say I called and emailed HR for over a week before anyone got back to me. Glad I took another job.. If the hiring process was that bad lord knows what it would've been like to actually work there.
The manager treated staff to refreshments after meetings. Very sociable people.
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 23, 2015
Pros: We all worked together as a tight-knit team. Enjoyed this job the most of all.
Cons: There were none except going into D.C. but it was worth it.
I opened-up the office. Doctor left dictation since he liked to dictate after office hours and liked my work. These were very congenial working conditions.
employee benefits like PTO, Holiday bank almost non-existant!!!
medical (Current Employee), Toms riverMay 22, 2015
Pros: occasionally free food
Cons: Mgmt, very low PTO accumulation
Management & HR treat employees like they have to life outside of work. VERY LOW PTO & no Holidays that you could bank for later..
I regret leaving my old health-care employer for HealthSouth!
Productive.
Rehabilitation Technician Coordinator (Former Employee), San Juan, P.R.May 18, 2015
Pros: Healthcare and bonus.
En un día típico yo brindaba servicios de terapia física, escolta, supervisor. Estaba encargado del mantenimiento y suplido del equipo. Me encargaba de orientar a pacientes y familiares. Realizaba horarios y dirigía un área del departamento. Aprendí mucho acerca de la terapia física y ocupacional, me capacite de gran manera. Mis compañeros eran excelentes profesionales. La parte mas difícil para mi era ver un paciente no llegar alcanzar sus metas. Pero la parte mas alegre y divertida era ser parte de su recuperación y ver como iban mejorando en el día a día.
The environment was amazing! It felt like everyone was a big happy family.
Pharmacy Technology Student Extern (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMay 16, 2015
I learned a lot by working at HealthSouth. The pharmacists and the technicians were very helpful and friendly. They made me feel very comfortable to ask any questions. I loved the experience.
Productive, fun workplace, and wnderful nursing staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 15, 2015
Pros: No night time dinners for aides
Cons: Not enough aides at times
Healthsouth was a great place to work. a typical day work was checking vital, blood sugars, and weights. also giving/helping patients with showers, dinner, and sometimes therapy. I learned how to take blood sugars for the first time when i started working at Healthsouth. My co-workers were very nice, hands on, and very helpful. I think that management could have been a llittle better when it came down to how many patients a aide should have a night. Some aides would have more patients than other aides would. There was never a hard part in my job because everyone worked together when possible. But the most enjoyable part of my job was geeting to know the patients for who they were before and after their visit.
N/A
Rehab tech (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 12, 2015
I worked for HealthSouth for numerous years and still maintain many close and wonderful relationships with those I worker with.
Stay away!! I regret my decision to come here and cannot wait to find another job
Staff nurse (Former Employee), Nittany Valley, PAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Per diem is flexible
Cons: Everything else about the place is awful!
This place is terrible for staff nurses. They expect RNs to do aide work and all of the RN Duties as well. Which is unrealistic. Patients go without attention because nurses are stretched too thin. Heavy lifting involved- a lot of staff injuries due to not enough help and trying to lift patients alone. Back stabbing from management. Understaffed. They bring on anyone who applies due to such high turnover rate, most people get on new out of nursing school and get out as soon as they get a new job offer.
Gained a lot of knowledge
Rehab Aide (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAApril 28, 2015
First patient care position. Learned a lot about physical therapy. Enjoyed helping patients with mobility and reaching their goals.
Improved computer skills and customer service contact with professionals.
Nursing and Therapy staff are great people, but not so much with Management
Hospital Educator, Employee Health Nurse (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: lots of hours available (as long as not overtime)
Cons: management obsessed with ranking scores, more emphasis on profitability than on staff welfare or patient safety
Nursing and Therapy staff are very knowledgeable and caring towards the patients, but frequently management places higher emphasis on PEM scores, Nursing hours per pt day, and other metrics.
Case Management Assistant (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCApril 14, 2015
Great learning experience
Good people to work with
Fast pace
Always growing
Never a dull moment
Very nice
Very clean
work is ok
Staff Nurse/ Supervisor (Current Employee), Florence, SCApril 8, 2015
Pros: Health Insurance
Cons: Management
Evening Supervisor, my job starts off getting report, then I view staffing for the next shift. I do leadership rounds on the patients assessing their needs and listening to their concerns. Assist staff as needed. Audit charts, admit patients. Start IV's if needed, perform LPN, assessments. As a supervisor I have learned that you are viewed not by your work but what others think of you. It involves interacting will everyone. You have to be fair and consistent in what you say and do. The hardest part of my job is the realization that some people work for a paycheck not because they love nursing. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others.
Very fast paced
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNApril 8, 2015
It was a great environment to work in. There were a lot of quotas to meet and never a chance to be bored. Constantly moving.
Patient
Rehab Nurse Tech (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Getting to know lots of people
Cons: Bad Comunication skills
Assist Patient with their everyday needs. Take vital sign and record intake and outtake. I have learn the proper way to address patients that may need a little more assist with than others. I have always work with management and co-workers. I truly believe that everyone should be their for the patient and only the patient. The hardest part of the job is not have the right equipment that we need to work with. The most enjoyable part of this job is know that I am helping to one to get back to where they can care for their self.
Productive and fun place to work.
Health Unit Coordinator/ CNA (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 4, 2015
Pros: Nice people, different patients. Low cost lunches, great food, frree bus passes.
Cons: Some very good coworkers left the hospital.
Best part of my job was everyone knew me by name. I greeted everyone and everyone came to me about the hospital. My coworkers were awesome to me everyday. My patients coming back remembering me taking care of them, or helping with recovery was most rewarding of all.
Daily Fear
former employee (Former Employee), texarkanaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything
No training, administration does what they want. Elitist administrators who are not qualified. Policy only applies when convenient for administration or management. CEO has no experience and management style is fear based. Backstabbing co workers and no support from administration. Worst HR ever. Retaliation is very common. Stay away from this place. Census is always low and they cut your hours so you never get a full paycheck. Gossiping, hateful staff.
Terrible Place to work...
LPN (Current Employee), Florence, SCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: micromanaging supervisors
The First 3 months were ok. But after that.. Changes out of no where. HR is one person who seems as if she makes her on rules up as she go. I wouldn't advise anyone to wanna even stay there . The Nursing staff is UNDERSTAFFED!! So when the call lights go out there's little help for the patients. But that's how they save money. Oh and let's not forget about the census.. That never stays up. So don't expect a full pay check. I could go on and on...
Awful
nurse (Current Employee), lower alabamaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free pay day breakfast
Cons: pay, short break, management, too many meetings, expect miracles
As a current employee at Healthsouth, I can say stay away! Always changes and not for good. Thanks managers and above only care about scores of 5 on patient satisfaction without taking into consideration of how to get that score. The managers treat nurse like McDonald's employees. No respect for the staff. Piling more and more on nurses and expect patient to score 5 on satisfaction. What a joke, – more... always expecting the impossible for nurses and getting talked like a dog to if the nurse can not get to it! The techs absolutely get away with not doing their job. What is there job description? To do baths. Nurse answer most call lights and take pts to restroom and document and give meds and do assessment and discharges and admissions and god forbid if something goes wrong and we slip up and don't see patient right then another trip to office. Never do the nurses get help. The supervisor can not help for all the extra work that is put on them. A recipe for total disaster. There is a high overall turn over rate for nurses here. Some nurses just don't come back when they get off. Does management care? Do they understand why this happens? No, they just hire more and expect miracles!! My blood boils just thinking about it!!! This could be a great place to work but not until management changes the way they think. Sad. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About HealthSouth Corporation

HealthSouth is actually all over the map as one of the largest rehabilitation services providers in the nation. Its facilities – Read more

HealthSouth Corporation Salaries