HealthSpring Employee Reviews in United States

Good place
Medical Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Nice job to work at. Nice work/life balance, good benefit. Won Houston best places to work award for a couple of years before I was laid off.
Pros
nice bonuses
Family friendly
Eligibility Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 1, 2015
The workplace here is very hands on and everyone is excelling to learn more and offer help when it is needed. The co-workers are very friendly and professional.
Pros
Incentives for working overtime
Cons
N/A
Great Benefits
Inpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 2, 2015
I enjoyed working at HealthSpring/Cigna while I was assigned Inpatient Hospitals. I was moved to physician reviews which led to boredom. I would have stayed with this company for as long as they would have me, IF I continued reviewing Inpatient coding.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Change in job assignments
Great Work Environment
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
CignaHealthSpring is a great place to work and the benefits is awesome. There's a lot of work to do. I like working for Cigna HealthSpring.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Benefits, management
comfortable work environment
Health Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 29, 2015
Helpful in maintaining and problem solving of patient care. Monitoring patient care and review patient care for barriers
Great company to work for
Customer Services Rep/ Sr Enrollement specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2015
Loved working for this company, everyone was helpful, vice president of company would actually have a conversation with you. great benefits and company incentives
General Comment
Pharm Tech. II/ Appeals (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 24, 2014
Over time, working for the company I have gained and improved the skills needed to prepare for further opportunities.
what an experience
coder/ physician educator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AlAugust 11, 2014
I have never experienced anything in my life as I have with this company. Management needs an overhaul big time!, manager is a bully big time & h r has basically allowed the witch to stay in her job. Manager over coding dept in Alabama needs a lesson on how to be nice to her coworkers ..Alabama staff has a bad rep because of her. HR. Get a clue
Pros
pay is ok ...some co workers are great to work with
Cons
manager lies...caught her in multi lies... never experienced anything like this
Nice company to learn from.
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXMay 30, 2014
Cigna HealthSpring is a good company that someone can learn from. They are always progressing in the Medicaid/Medicare field.
Job
Provider Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 29, 2014
My day at work went as follows. I came in signed on to the phone took calls from providers wanting claim status or benefits.
Had to work with multiple screens to look up benefits and claim information. Management we had 3 supervisors that assisted us if needed. My coworkers were great we always assisted each other if we could. Hardest part of job was receiving updates several a day.
Best part of job was all the wonderful people I got to help that called in.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
breaks were far apart
Customer Service Trainer / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2014
I learned a great deal while employed with HealthSpring. Superb Customer Service Department Management.
workplace
Grievance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2014
HealthSpring is a comfortable place to work with lots of incentives.
Everyone is scared they will lose their job since CIGNA bought them
Informatics Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 2, 2013
I've never had such a terrible experience. My boss read every line of my code and even though it worked and gave the right answers, because it wasn't the way she would code it, she would make me code it all over.
When CIGNA came in, they told me I was underpaid by 8,000 a year, but didn't correct the issue.
Cons
everything
Not Employee Friendly
Department Auditor - Enrollment Department (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 25, 2013
I worked for the company for less than a year and it was the most stressful job I ever had. I was working Saturdays and sometimes holidays just to meet a ridiculious deadline. Although my manager was great, her supervisor was not. In fact when he gathered us into the conference room to annouce they were laying off the entire department, he never said thanks for all the hard work. He was a real jerk. I really enjoyed working with the great people that were there and even the President of the Alabama division was very approachable and nice. However the TN corporate management was full of jerks.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
jerky management team
Good
IT and Clinical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 18, 2013
A typical day as a recruiter at healthspring was being able to hit ground running.
Pros
good working environment. ability to work from home
Cons
laid off
Experience is a teacher
Network Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILNovember 14, 2013
Learned a great deal about healthcare at HealthSpring of IL.
Productive and exciting company to work for
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 11, 2013
At my work place, i sit long periods of time at a desk inside of a cube. I upload and index medical records and view medical records for any mistakes so they records can be sent to the coding department to be coded. I have been in the Medical Field since i was 15 and i enjoy it much. Until 2 years ago when i got employed through Healthspring, i was on the clinical side of things. I started at the bottom and had to learn everything from scratch at healthspring. I have learned how to use microsoft proficiently and determine document types. Being on the Insurance side of things has been my interest since i started my employment here in 2011. Identifying PHI and documents that need to get returned to Doctors offices for review is another big part of my job description as well.
Good Place to gain experience
Certified Pharmacy Technician/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 8, 2013
This is a rapidly growing company, changing at a fast pace. HealthSpring/Cigna is a great place to gain experience and to learn; however, advancement opportunities are limited.
good company
Developer (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 20, 2013
limited scope to move ahead in career. didnt have the best experience there
Great career for beginners in healthcare
Enrollment Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 31, 2013
A typical day at work is very productive busy an tentative due to thing/processes always changing.
Ive learned that a challenging job can take you far and teach you alot of things as far as time management, teamwork and efficiency.
Love the people i work with ive become bvery fond of them and have a great bond
The hardest part of this job is the sometimes unorganiztion of the departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthSpring. Our community is ready to answer.