HealthStream Employee Reviews in United States

Productive Workplace
Patient Experience Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDApril 17, 2016
I enjoy being able to call recently discharged patients to hear their experience about their hospital visit/stay. Survey results help to improve quality care in hospitals and to seek what areas each hospital needs improvement in. I admire being able to include the patients opinions based off their experience.
Day at Healthstream
PATIENT INTERVIEWER (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 16, 2016
It is fine. Job culture is great. Nice work environment. Pay is good and flexible is great. Overall, a nice job. I enjoy working there.
Great place to grow and learn
Senior Consultant, Post Acute Market Development (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 8, 2016
Consultant working on post acute team. Great people and great leadership. Would recommend to anyone looking for a challenging work environment.
I liked the job very much. I had to leave that job and move closer to my elderly parents.
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 25, 2016
Very encouraging atmosphere. Lots of professional behavior.

Typical work day included collections on 60-90 day accounts. Reconciling A/R and monitoring individual accounts to make sure
payments were posted correctly.
I learned considerable about managing a large portfolio.
My direct supervisors were supportive and very knowledgeable of our system and our product.
The hardest part of the job was the detailed research in making sure that the customer's statement was accurate and current.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the customer was satisfied and our aging was above the industry's median.
Pros
Good boss and a very clean facilty; Good pay;
Cons
I don't really have any cons.
Feedback on HealthStream
Call Center Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 19, 2016
Working at Healthstream is not only conducting calls to get feedback about the experiences of patients to help the hospital and/or facilities out. We want to provide the reassurance that they are heard and express any feeling whether is the gratitude of saving ones' life and the negative treatment. The hardest part about the job would be that the time will go slow because you not getting participant to conduct the interview and you get people that can be agitated and aggressive on the phone. During those time you need to maintain in control, polite, and professional. This is a close knit community that want to see everyone succeed, they are kind-hearted and make the time enjoyable. This job is flexible whether you want to be part-time or full-time they willing to work with your time and they are great rewards if you work really hard.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Short breaks
fun and productive work place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 18, 2016
assisted customers by effectively solving customer disputes .accurately captured customers information.conducted surveys to get feeback from patients for better quality and assurance. provided customers with additional information.
Budgeting and more
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 17, 2015
You will love being here and learn a lot about how the business operates. You will love the customers and the training is superb. Such a great place to advance in your career.
Unpredictable hours and in store location
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDNovember 16, 2015
Depending on what month your in, you might have to work outside either in the freezing cold or burning heat of summer. You can work as hard as you want to change positions, doesn't mean you get a pay raise.No in store discounts.
Pros
Get occasionally hit on by construction guys
Cons
They work you like crazy without proper appreciation
Overall Positive
N/A (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 21, 2015
Overall, it was a positive experience. It's a growing company. There are many opportunities to grow within the company for certain departments.
Well rounded company.
RESEARCH INTERN (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 22, 2015
The company does have a 401K, gym membership incentives, learning culture, birthday celebrations. Most of the managers and employees are professional.
Pros
Health care is a growing industry.
Cons
Micro-managed.
overview
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 27, 2015
taking phone calls and attempting to complete surveys for hospitals across the united states in regards to their stay their likes and dislikes about the hospitals and how they can improve.
the management needs improvement 100% 5 people the same question and get 5 different answers from management for something that is suppose to be a rule for the company
the most enjoyable part is the lunch and learns and customer service week
Pros
lucnch and learns
Cons
N/A
boring
interviewer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 16, 2015
This job is for teenagers, not exciting, no room for growth, start off pay sucks.. Training is ridiculous and off. For anyone starting in the health field, this is the job for you. Anyone that's in the field this job is way underneath you, part-time or full-time.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
low pay, boring
Comfortable
Survey Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 8, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Healtstream. My coworkers were friendly. The managerial standpoint could use more training. There is a small percentage of moving forward.
benefits
Cons
management
A typical corporate company that is growing too fast
ACCOUNT OWNER (Former Employee) –  NashvilleApril 24, 2015
This is an excellent company for a young person in their 20's who wants to break into the world of healthcare.
If you are seeking a company that values their employees and wants to promote employees from within, this is not it. Base salaries are low and raises are not given.
Management does not provide for an open door policy and is perceived as the "Boys club."
Pros
Intelligent workforce
Cons
Management is closed off to individual ideas and is very much a boys club, base salaries are low and raises are not given, costly medical insurance for a healthcare company
HealthStream
Sample Specialist (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDFebruary 27, 2015
A typical work day for me is coming in and checking the log files and loads from the previous day to make sure that all of my files were processed successfully. Once I have checked all the log files, I go start doing my quality assurance (QA) steps for all of my tasks.

After all my QA tasks are done, I check my sample inbox (where all of the client files come in) and I go through and mark all of my clients and add their files to my big batch file. Once all of these files have been adjusted so that they can be successfully loaded through the file loader; I start loading all the files. After starting my batch file for the day, I will add all of the files that have come in to my tracking sheet.

After graduating from college with a degree in Criminal Justice, coming to work in at a job that is so tech savvy and very competitive; I've learned how to work in Voxco, and how to navigate and type some sequences in SQL in Oracle.

In my opinion, I'm not a fan of our management. Management tries to stay so client focused the entire time, that they forget about the employees and the stress and extra workload that they put on us in order to get everything done on time. Also, they management tells us "that they are always willing to hear our opinions and ways we can improve", however, we never see any of our opinions or ideas ever being put into action.

The hardest part of my job would be at the beginning and end of a new quarter. During this time, we have so many steps that we have to go through to make sure that the files with the end quarter and new quarter data is processed quickly.
  more... We do this so that we can get all of the documentation over to our call center, so they can start making the calls.

The most enjoyable part of my job would be talking to clients on the phone or over email. I really enjoy talking with people and learning new things that they are doing at their hospitals and how we can incorporate the changes that the client is having at their hospitals at Healthstream and so we can process the files more effectively.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, always fighting for overtime, if we need it.
Na
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2015
 Successfully sold HealthStream’s online web-based Learning Management Systems (LMS) (SAAS) The HealthStream Learning Center, HealthStream Authoring Center (SAAS) and The HealthStream Competency Center (HRIS) (SAAS) platform solution’s.
 Built and cultivated strategic association with “C-Suite” and VP Executives in hospitals, behavioral health facilities, healthcare clinics, home health, hospice, physician practices, and surgery centers using the Consultative Sales Approach.
 Conducted product demonstrations for hospitals and administered daily corporate webinars through On-Site Visits, Microsoft Live Meeting, WebEx, and industry trade shows.
 Positioned company toward growth by upselling additional web-based (SAAS) courseware products; such as Home Health, Hospice, Core Regulatory, Patient Safety, EMS, Digital Med, Basic Life Support (BLS) , Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric advanced life support (PALS), and Advanced Fetal Monitoring.
 Priced Healthstream Products/Services using internal pricing matrix, Responded and prepared RFP/ROI Proposal request and renewed client contracts.

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
 Received promotion as the New Business Team Lead of eight sales representatives in 2011, exceeded $2M in sales hitting 105% of Quota. Promoted again in 2012 as the Regional Sales Director for HealthStream’s Talent Management Products exceeding $2M in Sales by hitting 115% of Target.
 Boosted market’s business revenue by generating more than $1M in 2010 and $1.2M in 2011
 Recognition as HealthStream’s Top Sales Agent of National Success in 2008 for attaining
  more... $1.2M total sales
 Consistent achievement of President’s Club status for five years for yielding more than 125% in 2008 to 2012
Boring and repetitive job.
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 12, 2014
The job is very boring, and repetitive, it's calling people over and over, hoping they'll actually talk to you.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
boring, management, no real job advancement
Great work-life, poor management
Program Manager - Sales Optimization (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 9, 2014
- The culture is great. Most employees are open-minded, hard-working, team players.

- Benefits are terrible and pay is worse

- There are many company-wide parties around the holiday season.
Good people and good company
Contract Medical Writer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 29, 2014
My work is restricted to providing writing support as a contractor from my home. I have always felt support from the senior writers above me and have been provided direct support when needed, including assists with library searches and providing pertinent regulatory information.
High School Program
Bilingual Phone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  silver spring, mdMay 20, 2014
Had fun and great experience. Worked with teenagers and elementary school kids.
Pros
free food
Cons
little hours