HealthStream Employee Reviews

Repetitive work receiving inbound calls.
Customer Service Representative Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 20, 2017
The immediate supervisors as well as the Call Center Managers were absolutely wonderful. Although there were a lot of turnovers in this position as an Interviewer, Upper level management as well as immediate management tried to maintain a level of professionalism, and a sense of team-work.

Hardest part of the job was sitting all day even though we were given two breaks and 30 minute lunch break.

Management staff did provide incentives for work performance as well as periodic breakfast, lunch or deserts which was very nice. All in all for me it was a pleasant place to work, and I will miss all of the supervisors and staff I came to know.
Pros
Free lunches and breakfast periodically, bonuses, and work performance incentives
Cons
Sitting for long periods
Productive fun place to work
Sr. HR Generalist/ IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNApril 25, 2017
HealthStream is an awesome place to work. The employees are supportive, fun, and easy to get along with. The culture is second to none. Where else can you go and Executives at the highest level actually know you by first name.
Great place to work. The staff genuinely cares.
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 13, 2017
A typical day at HealthStream is knowing there will be patients to speak with who have had good and not so good experiences at medical facilities. I've learned a lot more medical terms as well as become familiar with how more receptive some regions are than others to give feedback on experiences. Management at HealthStream care about you as an individual and do not see you as a number. By keeping that in mind, a more productive employee is had. The hardest part of the job is finding the patient being called for has passed away. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing there is a sense of "family". Everyone greets each other with a "good morning" and really mean it when said. From management to cleaning persons, it does not matter your position. Everyone is seen as a person of value.
Pros
No face to face contact with patients.
Cons
Company is relocating to Nashville, Tennessee
Great co workers
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 17, 2017
Fun workplace and wonderful co workers. Laid back environment. The management level needs improving. Overall an ok place to work but the salary needs to be improved also.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Poor management
Decent workplace
Patient Experience Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 1, 2017
Decent job. Repetitive script. Read verbatim. Nice people. Decent management. Monday-Friday hours. Overtime provided if needed
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay is only 11.00/hr
Worker
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 8, 2016
Overall this is a nice place to work if you do not mind the repetitiveness, calling the patients trying to find out how their care was while they were at the medical facility or the ER isn't the issues but when they try and curse you out every now and then, it gets tiring. Honestly this job is like a full time/ part time job having to work everyday 6-10pm and saturday from 10-5pm can be difficult while your in school. Its very hard for them to keep people there because of the kind of what you are doing and the pay rate doesn't match. Its very boring in a cubical on the phone calling people all day.
Pros
coworkers if they stay long enough
Cons
shifts and managment
Productive workplace , great people to work with
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2016
Calling patients to do a survey about their experience at hospitals. My co-workers are great people to work with. Everyone had their own cubicle and everyone did their own work. Everyday was different, because i will speak with different people who spoke in English ad Spanish.
Pros
overtime available, half an hour lunch
Growing health technology company with a strong commitment to improving patient care
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2016
Committed to improving patient care through creating solutions and improving competence and confidence in healthcare professionals through better education.
Excellent Place to Work
Special Projects Team Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 20, 2016
I enjoyed the experience gained and the friendships formed during my time at HealthStream.

However, I simply needed a change and was looking for a career that would allow me to work outside of an office cubicle.
Great place to work!
Interview Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 27, 2016
My time here has been an enjoyable one. Great people and outstanding management teams. The job is one where you can actually feel as though you're making a difference!

Want to know more about HealthStream?

Ask a question
Great People
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 15, 2016
Innovative and progressive in nature. High velocity and high expectations. Really made you stretch yourself...love working for this type of placed. Learned alot.
boring but sometimes interesting
interviewer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 11, 2016
The job could be pretty boring as time. and sometimes it would be fun. The coworkers there were nice but the higher up management were not actually some were very rude and inconsiderate,
Pros
coworkers were nice, easy job
Cons
it is boring and the manager were not nice.
Productive Workplace
Patient Experience Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDApril 17, 2016
I enjoy being able to call recently discharged patients to hear their experience about their hospital visit/stay. Survey results help to improve quality care in hospitals and to seek what areas each hospital needs improvement in. I admire being able to include the patients opinions based off their experience.
Day at Healthstream
PATIENT INTERVIEWER (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 16, 2016
It is fine. Job culture is great. Nice work environment. Pay is good and flexible is great. Overall, a nice job. I enjoy working there.
Great place to grow and learn
Senior Consultant, Post Acute Market Development (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 8, 2016
Consultant working on post acute team. Great people and great leadership. Would recommend to anyone looking for a challenging work environment.
I liked the job very much. I had to leave that job and move closer to my elderly parents.
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 25, 2016
Very encouraging atmosphere. Lots of professional behavior.

Typical work day included collections on 60-90 day accounts. Reconciling A/R and monitoring individual accounts to make sure
payments were posted correctly.
I learned considerable about managing a large portfolio.
My direct supervisors were supportive and very knowledgeable of our system and our product.
The hardest part of the job was the detailed research in making sure that the customer's statement was accurate and current.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the customer was satisfied and our aging was above the industry's median.
Pros
Good boss and a very clean facilty; Good pay;
Cons
I don't really have any cons.
Feedback on HealthStream
Call Center Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 19, 2016
Working at Healthstream is not only conducting calls to get feedback about the experiences of patients to help the hospital and/or facilities out. We want to provide the reassurance that they are heard and express any feeling whether is the gratitude of saving ones' life and the negative treatment. The hardest part about the job would be that the time will go slow because you not getting participant to conduct the interview and you get people that can be agitated and aggressive on the phone. During those time you need to maintain in control, polite, and professional. This is a close knit community that want to see everyone succeed, they are kind-hearted and make the time enjoyable. This job is flexible whether you want to be part-time or full-time they willing to work with your time and they are great rewards if you work really hard.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Short breaks
fun and productive work place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 18, 2016
assisted customers by effectively solving customer disputes .accurately captured customers information.conducted surveys to get feeback from patients for better quality and assurance. provided customers with additional information.
Budgeting and more
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 17, 2015
You will love being here and learn a lot about how the business operates. You will love the customers and the training is superb. Such a great place to advance in your career.
Unpredictable hours and in store location
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDNovember 16, 2015
Depending on what month your in, you might have to work outside either in the freezing cold or burning heat of summer. You can work as hard as you want to change positions, doesn't mean you get a pay raise.No in store discounts.
Pros
Get occasionally hit on by construction guys
Cons
They work you like crazy without proper appreciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthStream. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval