Pros: if you don't care about accomplishing anything, this is the perfect place to rot away and get a bi-weekly paycheck.
Cons: politically very dangerous not just from leadership down to front line employees, don't try to do anything stupid like try to earn the company revenue, inconsistent treatment, chandler office is a political minefield, some managers do almost nothing but disguise it well, rash decisions made by sr leadership, health insurance is around $3000 ded per person
I worked in the Chandler location as a department leader. These are my personal opinions on the Chandler BU.
- Many employees who have worked there for over 4-5 years are entitled, lazy, and feel that their happiness is more important than doing their job. This includes some of the management level too.
- Dangerous politically. It's a different culture, they'll smile to your face, but cut your throat the next minute. The danger comes in thinking you're in a politics-free zone - it's just disguised better and more vicious.
- The rules don't apply evenly to everyone.
- Inconsistent human resource applications of procedure.
- Leadership makes rash, emotional decisions without looking at the entire picture, which can and will continue to get them into deep water.
- Health benefits are a joke. Extremely high deductible, but they offer HSA contributions, but it gets harder and harder to earn any of them. You have to spend your evenings jumping through hoops to get even a small contribution to HSA.
If you're recruited...candidate beware. It may seem like a dream job. Colorfully decorated offices, smiling people, healthy environment, etc. If you are a person who wants to coast by, do the bare minimum, and keep the status quo, this is a perfect place for you to hide in your mediocrity. If you push to succeed, even if the results are there, beware, because those smiling people stab you in the back, potentially even costing your job and hurting your professional reputation...all the time still wearing their Stepford Wives-like smile.
However, if you want to bring your yoga mat and do yoga during work hours, kiss the right butt at the right time, and never really be held accountable, this place is for you. Oh, and if your boss pushes you to succeed too much - just go ahead and flat-out lie about them and you have a decent chance of pushing them out the door and getting a new boss.