Healthways Employee Reviews in United States

Nurse Care Coordinator
National Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 19, 2016
Since this was a new start up program, there were many changes along the way that have led to a wonderful program helping patients all over the country. Each day was jam packed with meeting patients in different PCP offices, creating care plans and weekly calls, but this frequently led to long hours due to the case load. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients change long term unhealthy lifestyles, improve their chronic conditions and bend the overall cost curve.
Pros
Groundbreaking program helping many people improve their health
Cons
Difficult work/life balance with this position
Going through management changes
ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 17, 2016
Since I started two years ago, the company has gone through a lot changes. Since October, they have had a new CEO who is trying to put his stamp on the company. This has cause a lot of growing pains as they are trying to make the company more profitable. This has resulted in a large amount of turnover and a toxic work environment.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
They are far behind most business when it comes to working remote.
Great company to work for but always in a change modality, not enough focus on maintaining current business.
Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Frankin, TNJune 22, 2016
Co-workers who are a dedicated group of Individuals are the best perk of this company! Top heavy in management. Great place with opportunities to learn. Recent staff reductions.
Pros
Occasional remote opportunities, culture, teams, wellness focus
Cons
Work/life balance is off for a "wellness" focus company
Flexiable
Engagement Specialist/Engagement Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2016
Healthways is in my opinion a good paying job for what the job entails. yet is is unfortunately a dead end job. No advancement, Not challenging , No expansion of your mind, Completely repetitive. Its all work and no play as well. People within the workplace stick to themselves and its not personal. One thing that did keep me at Healthways for a couple of years beside pay was the managers did work with you on a case by case bases. Hours were able to be make up. Understanding management.
Pros
Holiday parties, BIG SUPPORTIVE COMPANY DURING XMAS
Cons
NO GROWTH
I have been working at Healthways full-time (Less than a year)
ENGAGEMET SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2016
I love the environment here. Everyone is very welcoming and tries to get to know other people even if they are in different positions. I really like my manager too. They care about the quality of work, but most importantly care about you and helping you get to where you should be performing. I feel very supported and encouraged and I look forward to coming into work! I also like the nature of my job and talking to me…
Pros
The company values their employees
Cons
In this position you are on the phones all day long and love that keeping me busy.
Great Leadership in my Division - positive and motivating place.
Executive Asst. Lead/Office and Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 24, 2016
Great division Leadership that was positive, motivating, fair and fun. Trust and advancement was valued highly. Beautiful atmosphere and many perks at Healthways!
Pros
Best World Chef over the cafe and exercise classes held on-site.
Cons
New Sr. Management reorganized 2016 causing a huge colleague lay-off, including myself
Run like the wind from this place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 13, 2016
This is a horrible place to work for customer service positions. Other positions may be more agreeable, but not customer service. Management is a joke. I have never seen more unprofessional behavior in my life. Talk about call avoidance. Good luck trying to get a supervisor to accept an escalated call. They take smoke breaks every hour and take longer than they should. Favortism is rampant and management will stab you in the back if it benefits them. Bad attitude from management. Great people work the phones there and are just treated like trash by this company. This place is terrible.
Pros
Lax dress code, decent pay.
Cons
Horrible management, Horrible company policies, No professionalism, workers are just used then replaced.
Great environment, great managers
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 5, 2016
My work consisted of making outbound call to Qualified Insurance members to inform them about programs offered to them by their insurances. I've learned a little about medical terminology, customer support, and more about sales. My managers were all amazing, they are all encouraging and always had feed back to help employees improve on every level. My co-workers all enjoyed working in teams and just like the managers, they were always willing to help and inform. The hardest part of the job was to always remain calm and professional when a member was not happy with services being offered, and to try your best to inform member of why they were qualified for programs offered. Most enjoyable part of coming to work was the environment, everyone was encouraging and professional.
Pros
Great Managers, free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great work environment
Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 4, 2016
Healthways is a great company to work for. The culture is amazing and the mission of the company is one you can be proud of.

New leadership is in place and is committed to making Healthways a clear leader in the market.
Pros
Culture. Mission and Vision. New leadership committed to making improvements
Cons
Technology issues. Products need updating
Going through a lot of transition and attempting to grow out of the red
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 27, 2016
Healthways is a good place to work if you want no dress code and a culture that cares about your well-being, but it is not a good place for growth or stability at the current time.
Pros
Free access to all YMCAs, no dress code (even shorts and flip flops!)
Cons
Benefits, not profitable, no stability
Good people to work with, need better leadership
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 27, 2016
Great people to work with, but need better leadership with daily operations. Leadership jumps on all latest trends instead of looking at what a long term vision would need to be. Thus, chaos in operations constantly.
Pros
great people
Cons
lack of leadership
Working for Heatlhways
Executive Director Operations (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 20, 2016
Healthways has a very strong well being culture supported at all levels of the organization.
You work with top talent in their respective fields.
Undergoing a transformation which has brought confusion and inconsistent communication
Cross functional fast pace environment
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 12, 2016
A normal day at work consist in supporting our clients (Health Plans) with a variety of collaterals that are align with their goals and objectives.

I work very closely with a cross functional team to develop and execute marketing outreaches that will engage the membership of our clients.
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of leadership
Offers fitness classes and gym memberships!
Health and Wellness Coach (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 26, 2016
As a fitness professional, I love that Healthways offers fitness classes during during the day and gym memberships in the community.
Pros
Fitness Classes, gym memberships
Cons
incompetent managers
Great company for a good work life balance.
Health Care Coordinator/Account Liaison (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 21, 2016
Company that is going through some changes. New CEO and president of all 3 new divisions. They are currently looking to cut costs while revamping all of current products.
Great Place to Work, Great Managemetn
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 3, 2016
I have worked at Heathway for two years now, and its been a great experience. Lots of changes currently, but great support through it. Management here appreciates hard work, and cares for their employees.
Excellent Experience
Senior Workforce Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 17, 2016
Healthways is a truly evolved place to work. Expectations are reasonable, the work is interesting, and the company culture is festive and positive. I have truly enjoyed working at this company.
Pros
Exercise at Work, Collaboarative Work Culture, Understanding Superiors
Always innovating and creating new ideas.
Field Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at work was spent visiting multiple contracting locations that supported wellness programs to assure client satisfaction and compliance. Always had working toward new initiatives that can bring more members to become part of the programs.
Provided tools and training to succeed at achieving goals/tasks.
Clinician -RN (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 18, 2016
Provided telephonic disease management to members through conversation, goal-setting, mailings and other services available through their employer/insurance, all to support their physician's plan for their care.
Worked with other RNs, Registered Dieticians in a call center environment where a computerized dialer was utilized to contact members which was at times the most difficult part of the job as members often did not trust the call.
Most enjoyable was when members shared their success after meeting the goals they'd set and their grasp during teaching moments on the phone.
Review of Healthways
Educator specializing in Diabetes (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 4, 2016
During my employment at Healthways I was happy in my job. I furthered my education related to diabetic education, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Congestive Heart Failure. I feel very comfortable with patient education in these areas. I excelled at my job as patient educator. My manger was Regina and she was very helpful and always there for support. My co-workers were great and always there to offer guidance during my orientation period and beyond. The most difficult part of my job was accepting there are non-compliant patients and knowing there outcomes; further illness such as kidney failure, loss of limbs and increased stages of heart failure. I am a perfectionist and know that every day you are lucky enough to learn something new in Nursing.
Pros
Patient Education
Cons
Sedintary position

2.8