Healthy Minds Employee Reviews

horrible working place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2017
after being here i must say it was stressful you were always the center of blame for the admin lack of explanation on anything if you were not among the favorite you were that employee that everything seems to go wrong for you hostility among staff was very common and admin could care less about it i would not recommend working here
Pros
barely any
Cons
over worked
May 31, 2017

The field we are in is a very sensitive one and can be very stressful. We aim to improve our training efforts to alleviate any additional stress that comes along with the lack of knowledge on how to perform assigned job duties. We are truly sorry you felt hostility among your teammates during your time working with us. We will ensure that we keep a closer eye on this as this is not the culture of our company. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

Good place to gain experience in mental health
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2016
Everyday was the same routine. Scheduling, answering phone calls, check in/out patients and handling all new referrals. I learned a lot about mental health. There was a good amount of diversity in the admin group of the company, however not so much on the management side. The hardest part of the job was not being able excel in the position. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the new people and learning the ins and outs of mental health.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Low salary rate
May 31, 2017

We are glad to hear that your overall experience working with Healthy Minds was a positive one. You are right there is a lot to learn about mental health, it is as diverse a field as are all the teammates we work with here. We are sorry to hear you didn’t feel you were able to excel, Healthy Minds definitely values promoting employees from within and has plenty of tools available for those interested in growth within the company.

Caring company; rewarding job
Administration (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2016
Healthy Minds is a company that cares and listens. There is room for any position to influence policy, even though it is not always immediate. There is a lot to learn if you are new to the field, but they have a week long orientation program that gives a great overall perspective with support provided along the way. We work with a high needs population which is tough, but rewarding. It helps that the company understands this and offers things like extra admin time, supervision, team building exercises, food trucks, massages, luncheons, etc.
Pros
mission / vision / teammates
Cons
high intensity population & frequent change
Great company!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2016
Healthy Minds is a great company to work for! Management seems to look out for the best interest of all employees. They also do a lot to show their appreciation; I've never worked for a company that celebrates every birthday and anniversary, let alone bring in food trucks and massage therapists! They also ask employees to join committees to help create policies and plan company events.

The biggest downside to working here is they are a new(ish) company so policies do change often. That can be stressful but it's understandable when working with this population. Management seems to keep their finger on pulse of what is and isn't working and always asks for feedback when something was changed.

Overall this is a great company and I would definitely recommend it!
Pros
culture, coworkers, opportunity to make a difference
Cons
newer company
Toxic environment
Clinical Provider (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2016
My experience with this company has been unfavorable. Management is extremely punitive and creates a cultural of drama and dissension. Clinical providers are not valued and are subject to petty write ups. Management will ask you to perform unethical practices; if you refuse, you are written up for insubordination and/or your job is threatened. The company covers up other unethical practices so as not to be seen in a "negative" light within the community. Management admittedly operates based on personal vendettas. For example, if you complain about a manager, you are subject to being targeted, leading to relentless retaliation. Management expects employees to watch and report back the movements of other employees. Contracts are not adhered to and the old "bait and switch" employment tactics are frequently used with employees. Most of the time, management is unsure what they wanted and gave contradictory directives. Micromanagement is constantly being used. Management seems unskilled and are unprofessional. The owners are far removed from the employees and are not in tune with the low morale amongst the offices. The employee turnover is extremely high with multiple people leaving every single month (sometimes multiple resignations in the same week). Clients are not put first; money/billing is perceived as more important than client care. Billing practices are extremely questionable. I would not recommend this company to anyone; I would not recommend working here nor would I recommend referring anyone here as clients.
Pros
My coworkers for the most part are great to work with. Food was frequently provided.
Cons
Management, hostile work environment, unethical
September 21, 2016

We appreciate hearing your feedback, this information will help us identify trends and areas needing improvement. In keeping with Healthy Minds mission and vision, we operate as a team to show our community we are dedicated to providing the highest level of care. Our billing procedures follow Medicaid guidelines, as well as our contractual obligations with Department of Family Services. Due to our contracts with the state and the county we are obligated to meet certain requirements that other agencies don’t experience, therefore our billing practices are atypical. Healthy Minds is audited on a quarterly basis by an outside university researcher to verify all outcome data. We pride ourselves on our ethical practices, billing and patient care alike. If someone feels they are asked to do anything unethical they are highly encouraged to bring it to the company’s attention through the chain of command, including our off site Human Resource solution. We have been putting more emphasis than ever on recognizing the need to enhance morale and have explored many creative ideas brought to us by the Culture Club and Culture Committees that are open to all employees. We’re glad you enjoyed working with your fellow teammates during your time with Healthy Minds, we are lucky to have found outstanding performers who are also so fun to be around. We are sincerely sorry you did not feel valued as a clinician, as we are a clinically driven company and management is constantly reviewing how to streamline policies for clinicians while maintaining the highest quality of care and our contractual  more... requirements. Again thank you for taking the time to write this review it has enlightened us to where some problem areas may be.  less

Awesome
Social Work Practicum Student-Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2016
Best place to intern as a student. You sure learn a lot and is a super professional environment. I encourage people to apply for jobs in this company if you are license.
September 21, 2016

We are so glad to hear your learning experience at Healthy Minds was a positive one! We are very proud to contribute to the growth of mental health professionals. Thank you for sharing!

Would not recommend this job for clinicians
Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2016
This company has a very high turnover rate for clinicians with the average clinician staying around 6 months to one year. The reason the turnover is so high is due to management and company culture, which is punitive in nature, not collaborative, and disorganized. As a clinician, you will be expected to follow directives that may be incongruent with professional ethics. Management will use intimidation and manipulation to illicit compliance. Policies, programs, and expectations change often, sometimes weekly, and so frequently that management cannot keep up with the policies it puts out. There are very few clinical supports and the environment is not conducive for professional growth or development. Management positions are filled from external sources and there are no opportunities for advancement offered. Management appears highly inexperienced and unprofessional.
The benefit to this job is the salary, which pays somewhat higher than other psychotherapist positions for fully licensed clinicians; however, as stated earlier, you will be put in compromising clinical situations. Interns and adminstrative staff are not compensated well at all, generally well below industry standards. The turnover rate for administrative staff is equally high.
A typical day is spent providing case management for clients with internal and external resources in the morning, then providing therapy in the afternoon and evening.
Overall, I would not recommend this company to anyone, especially clinicians or people with professional licenses.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
No clinical support, poor management, disorganized, punitive
September 21, 2016

Thank you so much for taking time to submit your review. Healthy Minds prides itself being a training facility that employs many interns, residents, and fellows who upon licensure and graduation do leave us to further their professional growth. We do understand this can be taxing on other employees and our clients, and do our best to make sure that transitions are handled as seamlessly as possible with the best interest of the client always being the number one priority. As we are a growing company we often experience some growing pains that come with change. We recognize how challenging this can be to our staff so we offer as much training and support as we can. Healthy Minds encourages all employees to join the various committees to influence policy. Most, if not all, policy and procedure are written by a committee made up of admin and clinical employees. We also have various avenues available that employees can use to voice their concerns: supervision, weekly site meeting, suggestion boxes, and HR. Our treatment model does entail a lot of documentation and care coordination with outside entities and that can be quite overwhelming and challenging. We appreciate all the hard work our clinicians and administrative staff do on a daily basis. We are happy to hear your satisfaction with your salary while employed with Healthy Minds. We strive to well compensate our employees as we know how strenuous the work can be at times. We review compensation yearly to ensure all positions remain in the 50th percentile for agencies our size. Although we cannot always promote from within, we  more... do have advancement opportunities that do arise and are posted internally for current employees to apply. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be utilized for the future growth and development of a stronger company.  less

Awesome people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, LASeptember 30, 2015
I love this job I would still be there if I haven't moved. My coworkers were awesome the environment was good. My manager was cool and very hardworking. The most hardest part of my job was putting in authorizations. A typical day at work for me was coming in talking my coworkers get to my work and talk and had fun. The most enjoyable part about my job was coming to work know that I could put a smile on my coworkers face everyday.
Pros
Free lunches, awesome coworkers
Cons
healthcare
September 21, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience while employed with Healthy Minds! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed working with your coworkers and manager alike. I think we can all agree that authorizations submissions are tricky and take a lot of time and patience. Thank you for contributing to making a happy, friendly work environment during your time with us. We wish you the best of luck!

Upcoming Therapy Office with lots of potential!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MISeptember 24, 2014
Healthy Minds is an upcoming therapy service available in East Lansing. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as an independent contractor. I love the autonomy as well as being part of a team of therapists and working with a psychiatrist! The office staff is great support for billing and scheduling. The hardest part of the job is bing patient while I build a practice moving into a more full time commitment.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Not enough work for now
September 27, 2016

We do not currently have any facilities outside of the Las Vegas area, but we sure hope in expanding in the future!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthy Minds. Our community is ready to answer.

Healthy Minds Reviews by Location