Hearst Corporation

Hearst Corporation Employer Reviews

I LOVE MY JOB!
Multi Media Consultant (Current Employee), Beaumont TXOctober 2, 2014
I found a great fit when I got hired at Beaumont Enterprise.
Management could not be more helpful, caring and understanding.
This is a demanding position that is full of rewards on a daily basis.
My direct supervisor is very knowledgeable and passes her knowledge on to us. I am so glad we stole her from Florida.
The most enjoyment i've had in a job in a long time...maybe ever!
Multi Media Consultant (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Just like any company, there are growing pains as new technologies and products arrive in the marketplace. But, one thing I have been most impressed with is that the management team is well seasoned, knows the ins and outs of these new products and is willing to train and mentor to the team members to bring them up to speed and become experts at their – more... responsibilities. Is it a bit fast paced at times trying to adapt to changes and such? Sure. But where is it not? At least no one turns their back and everyone is more than willing to help with whatever training and leadership is necessary to accomplish the overall goals. – less
Phone calling and Cold calling
Digital Media Consultant (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 21, 2014
Pros: the ability to learn and offer solutions to business owners
Cons: micro management plus texting status reports
Phone calling, Cold calling and proposing benefits
Digital marketing tools, value and benefits
Hourly status reports, daily meetings, very professional
Friendly and helpful
Micro management plus
The ability to learn and offer solutions
Contract work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2014
The HR department was helpful and the job assignment was completed
Made tons of money
Media Consultant (Former Employee), Midland, TXAugust 14, 2014
Money was great at first but with new management it became increasing harder to make the money as before. Management was back
Start Up Feel With Too Many Mistakes
Account Executive (Former Employee), HearstJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great comp plan, flexible schedule, strong footprint within the community
Cons: internal process stinks, training is weak in terms of selling, management are great people but lack leadership that is needed to succeed
The job can be a very lucrative compensation if done correctly. There isn't a sales job I know that compensates at a higher level, however, the internal process has diminished as they have continued to implement additional steps and more of a burden on the clients, making the clients and your life harder and more of a pain.
Business in transition
Sales (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 20, 2014
Below-market compensation. Anxious work environment with revolving door executive team. Trying to reinvent themselves in light of declining print and online display advertising business. But they are remodeling.
Long hours, horrible culture
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2014
Every week it seems someone else is jumping ship. Morale is super low and most are overwork and underpaid with no regard to work/life balance. No company culture or employee engagement.
Great environment for sales
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: management, commision rates, co-workers
Cons: stress (but hey, it's sales)
Hearst and LocalEdge are both great companies with amazing leadership. This has been my first B2B sales position and I personally believe I have gained a breadth of information in both small business management, digital marketing and successful advertising campaigns as a whole.
Great Internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2014
Very fast paced
a new assignment everyday
caring staff
learned about publishing and sales
More business oriented
Ad Sales & Marketing Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Rather than using your creativity, you tend to learn more about business. Great co-workers but does not have as much opportunities for interns to learn.
100+ year old organization transitioned from endowment to privately owned comany
Senior Technology Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2014
Pros: opportunities to learn every industry in one organization
Cons: downsizing, obsolete business
Opportunity to learn manufacturing, distribution, production, media and publishing.
An amazing experience
Accessories Intern to Associate Accessories Editor (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 22, 2014
Pros: people and the experience
Cons: nothing !
I would email PR people. I would return and check in accessory related products that came into the closet. I would go on appointment for the Accessories Editor. I would just complete any daily tasks given to me.
Not A Good Place To Work
Media Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 10, 2014
Pros: good base salary
Cons: chargebacks and commission structure keep you from making more than base salary
The Digital Media Sales division is a mess. The training is haphazard and they structured the commission plan so it is hard to make any money. Between the chargebacks and the commission plan you basically live on your base salary because they have a 50 percent cancelllation rate. Once the customer cancels, you get a chargeback on your commissions.

They – more... are constantly changing sales methods and micro managing with out any positive support. That is why there is such high turnover in this department.

It is one of the worst jobs I've ever had. – less
terrible work place
Multi Media Specialist (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: free coupons
Cons: bad leadership, unrealistic undefined expectations
Talk about all work no play. The management is very VERY bad. New mgr from Florida talks about employees to other employees very unprofessional.
There is no room to move up. Very VERY LITTLE PAY
Distribution
RDA Accounting/Audit (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2014
Pros: department lunches
Audited thousands of accounts daily
Reconciled company accounts records against client account records.
Communicate with consumer(s) / consultants around the US.
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTApril 9, 2014
My job at Ctpost was very laid back. customer were either good or bad, nothing in between. i enjoy my co-workers and my managers
High stress, continually changing, lack of management support
sales (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: stress & declining pay
Typical day includes continual attempts to get things fixed for your clients and being told to just go sell new and forget about the poor upset client. The work itself is fun, high energy and could be rewarding if they would fix the issues. This is a great example of a company promising the world but not having the products to back it up. If you can – more... sell small businesses without being concerned if they actually get what you sold, this is the company for you. With that said, I do believe the upper management is seeing the need to make changes and it can't come to soon. The pay plan continually changes and it seems like you just figure out how to make money when it does. Additionally, this is a highly competitive industry with the digital products and the print has the perception of being old school or dead.. – less
productive and fun workplace
Senior Producer / Senior Front-end Web Developer (Current Employee), VietnamMarch 5, 2014
Very fun when work on this place with great environment. Good friend and good job. Help to learn many new technologies, and management.
Excellent
Executive Assistant to Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Overall it an exciting, nurturing, and well orgaized corporation.

1 2 3 4

About Hearst Corporation

Like founder William Randolph Hearst's castle, The Hearst Corporation is sprawling. Through¬† Hearst Newspapers, the¬†company owns – Read more