Hearst Corporation

Hearst Corporation Employer Reviews

Enjoy the challenge of the sales process
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: meeting new people daily
Cons: no room for advancement
The majority of the day is devoted to phone and door to door cold calling.
I've learned that the importance of discipline in following my daily, weekly and monthly sales plan.
Management has it's own set of rewards, the satisfaction of development of sales reps into Top Producers
My co-workers are what completes the satisfaction of a position. Without – more... relationships in the workplace it can be a lonely day!
Hardest part of the day is keeping fresh set of new prospects, while the most enjoyable part is closing a sale. – less
Productive and fun place to work enjoying the downtown attractions..
Account Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: incentives
Cons: healthcare
A/R reconciliations,Management excellent,co-workers dependable/helpful/friendly, hardest part of the job was not completing your task for that day, most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself.
Best Online Media Company
Executive/Personal Assistant to CEO (Former Employee), NewJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: laid back environment
Cons: laid off due to merger with hearst
70% of my day was working on personal and the remainder concentrated on arranging his business travel and meetings for business.
Started out great, then they stopped paying people!
Regional Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 26, 2012
Pros: money when you can hit goal, relationships
Cons: no clear company direction or dependability
As a Regional Sales Specialist in Automotive my team members were great as were my manager and VP until they were undermined and either demoted or fired. 3 reorganizations in 3 years is scary. You might make good money for a year or two until they can't afford you. That's when your goals become unrealistic and unattainable. The Houston North team lost – more... its top two reps (both Hearst Prestige Circle winners) in a span of 6 months because of the unreliability of the word of management as well as never knowing what your goals will be or rarely getting them before the pay period ends. This amount of inconsistency and stress is the worst part of the job. They also don't take the time to test they're products or the fulfillment before they put them in market which leads to undue stress and client retention discussions.The best part was the money when they allow you to make goal as well as the relationships with clients and teammates. – less
Great workplace while working in the Marketing Department
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 11, 2012
Great workplace while working in the Marketing Department. Learned quite a bit of processes and lots of great people to work with on a daily basis.
Nice place to work
Digital Media Account Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2012
Managers are friendly and have an open door policy. Their office is in a great location in downtown SF.
Nice place to work
senior editorial assistant/community news reporter (Current Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 2, 2012
Pros: flexibility in schedule
Cons: no real advancement opportunity
I have enjoyed my stay at The Advocate and have been able to refine my writing and learn a lot about being a community newspaper. I have also met some incredible people, both in and out of the office. It is however, time to move on.
REGIONAL SALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2012
Management within the digital group has the highest turn over rate i've ever seen. I haven't seen just a high fire rate. The management changes the package all the time
Fun sales driven atmosphere
National Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2012
Pros: co-workers and atmosphere
Cons: sales can be very stressful
I really enjoyed working here. It was a very driven and motivating sales atmosphere. A typical day encluded: programming commercial order. Preparing orders for commercial traffic instructions and customer Service.
Innovative, not afraid to try new things to move the business forward
Director, Retention Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2012
Hearst is a very innovative company that is willing to spend money to make money. I am challenged daily to be at the top of my game.
Innovative, not afraid to try new things to move the business forward
Director, Retention Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2012
fast paced
Promotions Producer (Former Employee), Rogers, ARAugust 1, 2012
Pros: type of work was fun, people were friendly
the work was fun, fast paced. most people were friendly. management at this location were not open to new ideas-stayed with the tried and true bland message to the audience. Nothing eye-catching.
A better-than-average newspaper employer
News editor (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJune 9, 2012
I put the news out. I supervised copy-desk staff, as well as reporters and photographers. When "stuff" happened, it was my call as to how to play it. I loved my job and felt that in my own insignificant way I was helping people keep abreast of noteworthy news.
Productive and Fun work environment
Marie Claire Magazine Intern (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 1, 2012
• Allocation and organization of garment samples
• Invoiced, photographed, filed incoming and outgoing samples
• Assisted editors in researching, planning and photo shoots
• Communicated with PR agencies and designers regarding sample trafficking
• Gained knowledge of reputable designers and public relations firms
more then a newspaper
Circulation Application Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 17, 2012
i learn that it does more then newspaper business, it does printing, inserting, distributing
Productive, lots of multi tasking, phone work, client services work, attention to detail needed, my co-workers were easy to work with
Circulation Coordinator (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYMay 9, 2012
Great place to work. It was a shame the company did poorly and 30 people were let go. I enjoyed working there very much.
Newspaper
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2012
Responsible for the sales growth and development of The North San Antonio Times, The Leon Springs Times and The Shavano Park Times community newspapers.
Challenging environment
Anonymous (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 5, 2012
Hearst Media is a big company that currently is transforming traditional advertisers (print) to digital advertisers.
Good Benefits. Poor management.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), ConnecticutFebruary 22, 2012
Pros: benefits, friendly people.
Cons: poor management, wrong people in wrong places.
Benefits package is the best thing the company offers.
As a media company, still looking for identity in the confusing market, due to changes and new technologies. So, do not expect any job security or advancements.
Very diverse but subject to industry whims
International Ad Sales Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 6, 2011
Pros: the hearst tower is a great place to work. gym, great cafeteria, good location
Cons: less than helpful hr department.
Having all the Hearst titles under one roof makes for a diverse environment with the possibility for movement and interaction.

About Hearst Corporation

Like founder William Randolph Hearst's castle, The Hearst Corporation is sprawling. Through  Hearst Newspapers, the company owns – Read more