Hearst Media Services

Hearst Media Services Employer Reviews

Terrible management and work ethics
sales (Former Employee), Albany nyJanuary 24, 2014
Bad environment, bad work ethics, bad management, corporate and top management doesn't care about employees.
A good professional company
Account Executive (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 24, 2013
Pros: sales training, opportunity to grow your sales knowledge
Cons: lack of a stable comp system
The typical day included working the phones in setting appointments, making cold calls within the business areas and networking within business organizations. The HC has constant training on how to become a better salesperson, how to use the phone with appointment efficiency and how to develop business relationships. I celebrate today the many friends – more... at work that were developed with over the years.
The hardest part of the job was when the clients did not get the desired results with the advertisement that was placed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction one gets when the ad campaigns worked. – less
Challenging and rewarding job
Digital Media Agent (Former Employee), Panama City, FLOctober 20, 2013
I enjoyed working for Hearst Media Services but was permanently laid off along with over 50 employees nationwide.
Very political
Former Employee (Current Employee), HoustonJune 13, 2013
company is on a downward spiral, they continue to lay off good people and the culture is changing in a negative way.
Digital Media Account Exec.
Digital Media Account Executive (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2013
Pros: company has a reputable name and a very rich history.
Cons: the compensation has changed 3 times in 1 year. like most sales positions - high turnover rate.
The job requires you to prospect SMB either by cold calling or going door to door. There are no leads provided outside of the dialer, which might as well be calling out of the phone book. It is up to the account executive to determine what is the best solution for the clients.
Quiet work enviroment
DIGITAL SALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2013
Pros: i get to talk to all kinds of people and enjoy the meetings
Cons: rejections is the worst part of my job however you roll it off and continue going.
My day starts by getting on the phone and set up appointments and strategy for the day.It is a very interesting job that I see as an opportunity to be out there with people and help them with their business. My co-workers are nice and friendly, great people. Management could improve as far as knowing what exactly it takes to do what we do. I would have – more... the Managers get out more and see what it takes to do business first hand. As for my day, the hardest part is trying to talk to more people however the people that I do talk to, share and help, makes my job worthwhile. – less
Great People, Fast-Paced Atmosphere
Creative (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 15, 2012
Pros: friendly coworkers, kind to employees, creative work
Cons: lack of job security, always behind deadline
Hearst treats its employees and clients well – very well. It's a friendly workplace with tons of loyal veteran workers. However, it suffers from the declining newspaper industry, which affects job security. Also, Hearst compensates by offering too-fast turnaround times to clients, which puts production under constant pressure.
Bottom of the barrel
sales (Former Employee), CTAugust 4, 2012
Pros: company has a well branded name with a good previous history
Cons: not a good workplace, management or business model. sales people come and go.
In my opinion,iIf you enjoy being micro-managed, constant commission format changes to inhibit earnings, backstabbing and being surrounded with the rudest group of individuals you will ever meet....here you go.
awesome job
DIGITAL MEDIA CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 19, 2012
great work environment
the eyeballs are shifting from print media to digital, and so are the SMB marketing dollars