Hearst Television Inc. Employee Reviews

In short, terrible company
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  OrlandoSeptember 18, 2017
Management is unbelievably poor. Employees show up late or don't do their work and there is no accountability. The worst part is management has no touch with reality when dealing with their employees. Had us working ridiculous hours. The pay is super cheap for the amount of work we do. Rarely promoted within the company. Would never recommend working here. The only thing good about this company is the health benefits.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Bad management, low pay, inflexible, cheap, hostile work environment
Difficult work environment.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 17, 2017
Sales support is fantastic but over whelmed with the work load. Superior on air product. Inferior digital products.

Not a healthy work environment.

Vacation time has increased, definitely a positive.
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Stressful Job with great Management
Newscast Director (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 13, 2017
A typical day at WAPT in Jackson is slow as we start each day with an hour long meeting, but that's no issue because it quickly starts as we record Promos, Webcasts, and newscasts in the following 4 hrs. The biggest draw back about the job is how slow upper management drags their feet once an employee quits or is fired. We usually go at least 3 months before filling a position, it takes at least a month for them to even post the job the position online. I have been working 6 and 7 day weeks for over 3 months because of the slow moving hiring process.
Pros
Management is incredibly kind & understanding
Cons
Constant hiring freezes, lower pay than competition
Former Employee at KSBW
News (Former Employee) –  KSBWJuly 31, 2017
Overall, Hearst is an amazing company to work for, however KSBW can use some major improvement. KSBW is extremely cheap and you wont get the pay you deserve. Overall management could be a lot better. If you are not in management, you will not only be known as, "the help" but also treated as the help. You will not get acknowledgement from anybody, so don't look for high praises. The station manager is out of touch with his employees and should no way be a leader.

If media is not your career, then do not work here. If you want to work in media and gain media experience or work at a place that will make your resume look good, then this is the place for you.
Pros
A well known company and community leader
Cons
management and pay
Micromanaging and don't care about production employees
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 10, 2017
Always getting Micromanaged by management that don't have any production work experience. expect to to work like a machine and mistakes are not allowed. can be working in multiple production departments with no pay increase.
Utterly unbearable
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  USAApril 13, 2017
Can only speak for the location that I worked at, but if you enjoy being micromanaged and completely ignored, then this might just be the organization to work for. Upper management does not relate with staff members. For a television station that is supposed to serve the community, their lacking participation in anything that is not their own idea was extremely disappointing. Egos a-plenty. And having direct contact with the GSM on a day to day basis, I can attest that despite her years of experience, she is completely out of touch with the day to day working of her employees and gives no support.
Great Company
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 10, 2017
Great Company to work for. Many opportunities and it is located in a lot of states across the U.S. The entire team works together accomplish the goal seamlessly.
Trying to move up
Teleprompter Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 30, 2016
I began he as an intern and moved up to prompter. I enjoy working for this station but want to move up. I doubt that is possible at my location.