Heart Hospital of Austin Employee Reviews

Provides a full range of cardiovascular services and wellness to patients
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 2, 2016
Great experience and benefits of devoted cardiovascular care. This is an incredible environment to work in. As an employee, I feel highly engaged and appreciated. Several programs are in place to allow employees to voice their concerns, and get feedback from upper management.
Pros
Staff and services have grown. They offer more services.
fun place to work for
Emergency Registration/Day Patient Registration (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2016
good hours, great management, good team to work for, loved the company picnics and christmas parties. Had a great supervisor.
Pros
company picnic
Cons
low salary
Hostile work environment, weird staff, rigidly hierarchical
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2016
It's an HCA facility, so you know that physicians are going to be treated as demigods while nurses and techs are constantly reminded of their disposability. At Heart Hospital there's a LOT of really weird staff members, or at least were when I worked there. If you work there you'll hear lots of horror stories about physicians yelling at nurses on day shift, or how people are writing each other up all the time behind each others' backs. Management is virtually absent, and things really don't get changed there. You're paired up (one nurse and one tech takes on up to 6 patients) in pods. Staff there have this dead look on their faces all the time, they look miserable to be there. Nobody will ever say 'thank you' for hard work done.
Pros
HCA gives great gifts like umbrellas and phone chargers
Cons
Techs are reminded theyre at the bottom of the totem pole, workers arent treated with dignity or respect
You are replaceable
CLINICAL CARDIAC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 22, 2016
They do not care about you or paying you. If you are lazy, like to call in a lot and not a team player this is the place for you. They are always short staffed. The ones that are faithful and come to work everyday will always get used ( not in a good way) and treated like badly.
Pros
Cons
all
Heart Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 10, 2015
I enjoy working a the Heart Hospital. The patient, tech and nurse ratio is great and makes working there enjoyable. The management is easy to talk to.
I Care Awards, Contests,Appreciation Awards,
PCU REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2015
I could not get the stars to change to rate management and job
culture.
On a regular day at 1800 we get report and at that time transfers and admissions start or the cath lab is bringing up pt's and/or the pts are calling for pain med or they want to go to the br. We start out running. then about 10pm we have gotten most the fires put ot and the meds have been passed. some of us have started charting or in the middle. Sometimes we have a tasker that stays until 2000 to help discharge if there are late discharges or help do admit history. Most of the time the nurses are helping ea. other. If there is a code going on or a pt with chest pain or resp. distress we are there for each other also the PCT. I have learned to take advice from newer nurses and the old way is not always the right way and how the doctors are different from the 90's new procedures how we keep the family more informed and that we get them to participate and new equipment,(ex. the cadio mems. the hardest part of the job for me is losing a pt.
the most enjoyable is working with my friends,seeing a pt that we worried about surviving and then they get to go home and enjoying what I do. We have nights we bring food and eat and sometimes administration buys especially if we are working a busy night and there are pt's waiting in the ED hallways to be seen and they need to be admitted asap. Management will also come in and help if the night is that busy
Pros
pt to nurse ratio is good, the people I work with are very good at there jobs and we are recognized for that
Cons
The night shift is short changed sometimes when it come to inservices
Very engaging workplace
MLS (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Cons
Pay rate
Busy for such a small hospital
Lead Nurse/Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxAugust 6, 2013
My day started at 530 am we usually had between 14 -25 patients to get ready for day surgery( ie cathlab procedures, ep procedures, cardioversion, tilt table study or tee) I would make assignments and keep the flow going making sure patients were ready on time
While at the Heart Hospital I had 3 different Directors and was working with a interim director when I left. Change was ongoing.This was the hardest thing our deparment dealt with on a daily basis. I had wonderful staff, we worked well together as a team. I made schedules for my three department and did their payroll(Day Patient, CTA, and Pre Admit Testing). We stayed very busy all day everyday, laughed and worked hard together...this was my favorite part. We saw a lot of people everyday at their weakest and most vulnerable times, held a lot of hands and wiped many tears.
Pros
Great staff and patients; 8 hr shift, lead position
Cons
management turnover
Management inflexability
Patient care technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxApril 14, 2015
After working there for over 8 years, I started developing kidney stones (2 episodes) and a bout of pancreatitis. After coming to work and having these problems flair up at work. An reporting to the ER for the kidney stones and go home for the pancreatitis ( an a 14 day hospital admission). I was told I would be written up for leaving early, just because I wanted to off from work. I feel the management is far removed for the working staff.
Small cardiac specialty hospital that feels more like a family
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2015
I love working at the Heart Hospital of Austin. Everyone is like a big family. Everyone takes pride in what they do and it shows in the quality of care given to patients.
Pros
Central Austin, excellent physicians, Central Market in walking distance, leadership team present and engaged
Cons
Night shift
Wonderful Leadership
Chaplain--PRN (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 6, 2015
Fantastic patient care experience and wonderful staff. I have a supportive manager with a positive attitude and wonderful team that supports one another.
Pros
Work fits my schedule
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
It's an environment that is professional, everyone works as a team
Computer skills in Medi- tech (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2012
Working at the Heart Hospital of Austin it's a great place to work, everyone in the ER and other units we all worked as a team. Everyone helped each other to provide great customer service to the patients and anyone that was in the hospital. The most enjoyable about working at HHA is that no matter how stressful the situation was we all respected each other. We were so lucky to have a great supervisor because she was honest, she always communicated information to all of us, and she was fair..
Pros
great place to work and it was fun!
great hospital that was designed for Heart Doctors
Patient Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2012
everything I learned about hospital billing, collections and contracting, I learned from the Business Office TL.
Pros
new culture for healping heart patients
Cons
travel to and from work daily was 145 miles
One of the best places to work
PRN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 1, 2014
HHA is a stellar example of how to blend care of a person's body mind and spirit.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Hard to get enough hours
Friendly work environment
Registrar (Former Employee) –  austin, txJuly 10, 2014
-Easy work load
-Friendly work environment
-Great management
Pros
Great management
Cons
low pay
excellent
Patient Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2013
I learned a lot about the needs of patients recovering fro heart surgery. Learned a lot of medical terminology as well as performing EKG's and phlebotomy. My co-workers were professional . Nothing hard about the job. I felt satisfaction I helping people at the end of my shift.
Personal pride/excellence in patient service.
HIM CLERK (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 5, 2012
Personal pride in exceeding expectations and providing excellence in tthe care and service provided to our patients. Execution of that potential. Expect more than others think is possible.
Pros
healthcare.
Cons
breaks only available if time allows.
fun place to work
Registered Nurse Intensive Care (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 22, 2014
it was a great place to work. It was busy. good RN/MD collaboration.
not for me
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  austin texasNovember 19, 2014
this job was not for me, great food though

learned how to host

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heart Hospital of Austin. Our community is ready to answer.

Heart Hospital of Austin Reviews by Location