heart of america group Employee Reviews in United States

Successfully busy at both locations
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Walcott, IAOctober 3, 2012
I have mixed feelings towards Heart of America. Working under the management at the Machine Shed was not very enjoyable as a busser; no breaks, under-appreciated, our tip-outs were not fully enforced resulting in missed tips form the servers, compensation was pretty weak, work environment was negative and stressful. However, working under the management at Gramma's Kitchen was far more enjoyable; better work environment, rules were enforced, most of staff worked well as a team, short breaks were given. The only complaint I see in Gramma's Kitchen is the compensation isn't very evenly distributed among the workers. Newer workers make significantly less despite the same amount of work involved.
Pros
busy, successful locations bringing in much clientele
Cons
short or no breaks, stressful environment
Not Great
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousFebruary 21, 2015
This was the worst company that I ever worked for. Upper management tends to get hostile if they don't think you did the right thing. They base a lot of their decisions on what they think about a situation instead of taking time to find out the facts. They are excessively frugal, weak retirement contributions, no regular performance reviews. I gave notice and left on my own accord. HR presence is very low, did not ever feel comfortable working for this company. I was very excited when I found a new job and was able to leave this company.
Pros
gained work experience
Cons
way too cheap
professional and exciting work place
Sales/Customer Specialist Agent (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 22, 2015
great career for connections and a lot of room to move up in the company. I was constantly pushed to improve my communication and social conduct skills. A great work atmosphere.
Pros
five star lunches and connections with high class business execs
Cons
no breaks
Fun place to work with great employees
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNJuly 22, 2014
Great friendly work environment. Take customer orders, communicate with the kitchen and deliver the correct food in a fast and efficient way.
Pros
half off all food.
Cons
no benifits
Great Company, Good People
Executive Administrative Assistant & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 16, 2012
Loved the people and family atmoshphere. Promote within if possible.

Want to know more about heart of america group?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at heart of america group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6