Heart Of America Employee Reviews

Productive Fun Work Place
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Walcott, IASeptember 26, 2016
It's a great place to work. Everyone works together as a team to insure customers have a great experience. The staff is friendly and helpful. The management works with you on your availability and are very understanding.
Pros
Money, Regular customers, Tips
Cons
Rude Truckers, short breaks
Great Place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOOctober 28, 2014
Your pay was always on time and you knew how much your checks would be week to week. You would come in knowing what would need to be done that day. Over all best company yet.
Excellent place to work, I love making the difference and they allowed me to do just that.
Culinary Maestro/Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIOctober 2, 2013
I am looking to work where I can expand my knowledge and experience.
Pros
i am allowed to show off my skills and talents, and i captured the attention of an entire city, with nbc segements weekly
Cons
70+ hours weekly for the last six years. just need to tone it down a little, yet bringing the same impact to my communites and the business for success
Unprofessional and disorganized
Bartender/Server/Host/Line Cook/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIAugust 7, 2013
I started working for the Heart of America organization in 2009 and once again in 2013. In my time there I worked as a server, bartender, expeditor, host, line cook, maintenance, and front desk. A typical day consisted of coming in and often ensuring that work from the day before had been properly done and setting up for the day ahead. Very little can be said about management in here. Most of the time the majority of tasks are left to either the low man on the totem pole, for lack of better terms, and rarely is done when it is actually needed. Management is more of a popularity contest where corporate will pick out someone who is friends with someone inside the company. There are often promises made to employees about a position of management, but the follow through rarely happens. In some of the properties you will find a lot of great employees. Genuinely kind people who are actually trying to help, that is until the wear and tear of working for a company that cares so little for its employees kicks in. In some of the properties you will only find children and friends of whoever the current managers are. Somewhat of a deep south incestuous family. Hardest part of the job is getting through the day without dealing with management and whatever complaints they've compiled for that day, while the best part of the day is when you actually get paid... that is if management actually enters in all the hours you worked and sends it in on time. No garuntees though.
Pros
1/2 price meals at the restaurants and discounts at the hotels.
Cons
management, lack of consistency
Fun easy to work at
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Cheverly, MDJuly 18, 2013
Everyday at work was a fun day for me. I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Fun and educational job
Painter, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 14, 2013
I've learned a lot about painting at Heart of America as well as other skills that I can use in the future. There really wasn't a typical day working for them because we were doing so many different types of projects. My co-workers were great people. The hardest part of the job was constantly using my muscles and working outdoors in the summer all day but those were the most rewarding parts of the job.
fun job not good pay
Published Author (Former Employee) –  wichita ksOctober 23, 2012
Not a great job. worked more than earned. work on forclosed homes for the banks. fun co workers. hardest part is working on a house without electricity or heat in winter time. Love being outside,
Pros
fun working on homes and being outside
Cons
pay not good enough