Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

mother baby
RN Mother-Baby Unit/ Newborn Nursery (Current Employee) –  Davenport, FLJune 6, 2017
Little core OB management staff, highest turnover of night shift Registered Nurse staff of any facility at which I have been employed, poor staff relations and communication due to inconsistant managerial leadership for over 2 years.
breaks
ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLMay 23, 2017
All in management departments no communication to each others. Blaming each others instead of resolving problems. Lots of politics involved. Turn over of staff almost every six months. not enough supplies for patient s care especially telemetry to transfer patients. Always under staff to take care of patients. Never any support from management to the staff. Finger pointing to staff.
Pros
breaks
Cons
no break
Love it
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Davenport, FLApril 24, 2017
Great place to work, expensive medical insurance that does not cover much. Great work life/home life balance. I love working 2 12 hour shifts a week and having the rest of the week off. Great night and weekend differential pay.
I enjoy working here
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Davenport, FLMarch 3, 2017
I enjoy coming to work. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Management tries to keep moral up. Its hard to be cross trained in a different modality. Good place to work
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Cross training not an option
unsafe work place
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLJanuary 19, 2017
They don't care about employees at all. They barely care about the patients. They are a for profit hospital and that is all they care about.
Pros
Cons
hard to get lunches. no breaks. no break room
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLDecember 14, 2016
They are amazing I worked really hard with them, they always made sure I understood when I was in training sometime I wouldn't understand something and they would help
No pay
Clerk (Former Employee) –  DavonportJuly 12, 2016
I love the people I work with but the pay is horrible, How they expect people to live off what they make is beyond me. I moved from the North to FL and its almost a $4 difference I didn't realize it would that much of a change. I also have 10 years experience in my field its almost an insult. Other hospitals in the area are not that low. Human resource are the slowest people I've ever met. I was offered full time 2months ago I still not have heard back apparently its in processing... In the mean time they expect me to work fulltime off a per-diem bases. Management is ok, Co-workers are amazing. But fight for pay. Had to look for work somewhere else they do not give raises.
Pros
Co-workers are amazing
Cons
Lowest pay around, Charge nurse not very friendly
Heart of Florida
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLNovember 4, 2015
Working in a hospital environment can be both an exciting and stressful job. I love the medical field and at this company I learned a whole lot of medical terminology and medical skills throughout the years that I spent with this company. The co-workers I had at this company were amazing to work with and I still keep in contact with some of them.
great place to learn.
RN PCU and float ICU (Current Employee) –  Davenport, FLJuly 29, 2015
This hospital is located in davenport FL, not very big hospital but very busy. always short staffed and nurses are overworked. The co-workers are great and help each other.
Pros
co-workers and patients
Cons
work load per nurse
During my time at HOFRMC i mostly enjoyed the environment, co-workers and most of all the patients i served
Front Desk Receptionist / File Room Support (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FloridaOctober 9, 2014
I worked my way through the departments during my 9 yrs with the company, from dietary before i graduated high school then moving up as soon as i had my diploma to radiology working in file room, transporting and aiding with prep patients for certain exams then last but not least ER registration where i feel i learned the most about people, i loved the one on one time with the patient. I would still be doing that today if i wasn't misguided by management. My one star rating applies only to him, some upper management and HR do a great job and i miss your smiling faces!
Pros
The job
Cons
Missing my family and fear of getting them sick.
good for gaining experience
LPN (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLApril 21, 2014
6-7 Pt load with chest pain, CHF, pre/post heart cath. good working environment with friendly staff and helpful staff.
Ok
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLMarch 18, 2014
Worked 8.5 hours-1/2 hr for lunch-NO breaks-within the 7 yrs didn't even get a $1 pay increase
For profit business
Registered Nurse - Florida RN9175425 (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLMarch 10, 2014
Uneducated management following corporate business decisions that are not based on patient care. Overworked staff. No teamwork, no communication.
Pros
Co workers are friendly
Cons
Poor leadership with no communication
I enjoyed delivering babies
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLSeptember 4, 2013
Labor and Delivery. I learned that everyone is different and all patients are special. Management helpful. Co-workers were great, everyone always willing to step in and help. Losing babies. Delivering babies.
Pros
Getting different patients all the time.
Cons
No breaks or short breaks at times.
Good place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLAugust 15, 2013
Everyone was very friendly and helpful, they always helped even when they had other things to do, great working environment.
Looking for Job Security
Financial Counselor/insurance verifier (Current Employee) –  Davenport, FLApril 30, 2013
Working with insurance company's to verify insurance coverage, Pre certification for admission's, working with Case Management with Patient's in the Facility, Phones, Fax, Computer.......
Pros
Medical Billing Portion
Cons
They Outsourced the Billing Three years ago and placed me in the new position of financial counselor, and insurance verifier
Registered Nurse-Surgical/Orthopedic (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLApril 19, 2013
I loved working for Watson Clinic. As a float medical assistant I worked in many offices and there were only a couple that I didn't like
There are many opportunities for improvement at this organization.
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  Davenport, FLJanuary 10, 2013
I work in the emergency department and enjoy the fast pace environment. However, due to the lack of adequate nursing and nursing ancillary staff in this facility; many of the admitted patients end up having to stay in the emergency department's for long periods of time, even days. It is very challenging to effectively deliver the appropriate level of care to admitted patients in an ER setting. My direct management does their best to maintain balance between the expectations of the hospital's upper management and the nursing staff. Nevertheless, this institution does not exercise share governance, especially among the nursing staff. Working with a fantastic group of people in the ER, and delivering compassionate nursing care makes my job very rewarding.
Pros
great people
Cons
inability to take lunch breaks happens too frequently. non competitive salary and/or benefit.
Productive and fun place to work.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Davenport, FloridaMarch 13, 2012
Able to work on an individual basis. Able to make critical decisions that are accepted professionally by other staff members.