Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center

Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

good for gaining experience
LPN (Former Employee), Davenport, FLApril 21, 2014
6-7 Pt load with chest pain, CHF, pre/post heart cath. good working environment with friendly staff and helpful staff.
Ok
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Davenport, FLMarch 18, 2014
Worked 8.5 hours-1/2 hr for lunch-NO breaks-within the 7 yrs didn't even get a $1 pay increase
For profit business
Registered Nurse - Florida RN9175425 (Former Employee), Haines City, FLMarch 10, 2014
Pros: co workers are friendly
Cons: poor leadership with no communication
Uneducated management following corporate business decisions that are not based on patient care. Overworked staff. No teamwork, no communication.
I enjoyed delivering babies
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Davenport, FLSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: getting different patients all the time.
Cons: no breaks or short breaks at times.
Labor and Delivery. I learned that everyone is different and all patients are special. Management helpful. Co-workers were great, everyone always willing to step in and help. Losing babies. Delivering babies.
Good place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Haines City, FLAugust 15, 2013
Everyone was very friendly and helpful, they always helped even when they had other things to do, great working environment.
Looking for Job Security
Financial Counselor/insurance verifier (Current Employee), Davenport, FLApril 30, 2013
Pros: medical billing portion
Cons: they outsourced the billing three years ago and placed me in the new position of financial counselor, and insurance verifier
Working with insurance company's to verify insurance coverage, Pre certification for admission's, working with Case Management with Patient's in the Facility, Phones, Fax, Computer.......
Registered Nurse-Surgical/Orthopedic (Former Employee), Davenport, FLApril 19, 2013
I loved working for Watson Clinic. As a float medical assistant I worked in many offices and there were only a couple that I didn't like
There are many opportunities for improvement at this organization.
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee), Davenport, FLJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: inability to take lunch breaks happens too frequently. non competitive salary and/or benefit.
I work in the emergency department and enjoy the fast pace environment. However, due to the lack of adequate nursing and nursing ancillary staff in this facility; many of the admitted patients end up having to stay in the emergency department's for long periods of time, even days. It is very challenging to effectively deliver the appropriate level of – more... care to admitted patients in an ER setting. My direct management does their best to maintain balance between the expectations of the hospital's upper management and the nursing staff. Nevertheless, this institution does not exercise share governance, especially among the nursing staff. Working with a fantastic group of people in the ER, and delivering compassionate nursing care makes my job very rewarding. – less
Productive and fun place to work.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Davenport, FloridaMarch 13, 2012
Able to work on an individual basis. Able to make critical decisions that are accepted professionally by other staff members.