A senior Java developer is a high-level computer programmer. A person in this job analyzes, designs and builds Java-based applications for Web and Internet environments. The process of building Java-based applications includes creating application layers, modeling techniques, designing object-oriented components and coding algorithms. Senior Java developers may work on existing applications or create new ones. Java developers may perform hands-on coding. They may also be responsible for mentoring junior developers as well as working with customers and handling research groups.
- Support the design and planning of architecture to support goals of the project
- Develop applications that are deployed to Testing and Application Server
- Assist development teams in activities such as load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
- Utilizes a working knowledge of J2EE and Java development to troubleshoot technical issues (error messages, bugs with the software, availability)
- Enforcement of standards and best practices.
- Proactively communicates with the development, QA teams and management to anticipate configuration management issues/processes.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes.
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations.
- Working directly with end customers and support team to help resolve bugs and issues
- Experience analyzing, designing and implementing integration solutions using J2EE technologies or related technologies.
- Experience with multiple programming technologies, including Java, XML/XSLT/WSDL, Spring/Hibernate, Web Services
- Hands-on experience developing message-oriented integration solutions with Java
- Key technology experience in areas such as J2EE, XML, Web Services and SOA
- Expert in using and managing change management tools, Subversion, TortoiseSVN
- Experience with a wide variety of testing tools and techniques, ex. JUnit
· Work in a fast paced group who interacts directly with customers to quickly understand and resolve issues. This job requires working on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
·Senior software development skill with great problem solving skills
·Log analysis, debugging, problem resolution and bug fixing skills
· Patch, Maintenance pack, service pack release management
· Mentoring junior developers
· Organized, self-managed and self-motivated
· System administration/setting up debug environments
· Ability to deal with pressure
· Communication of technical issues to non-technical individuals
· Ability to work as a team to solve problems
· Enterprise software development
· Windows Dump Debugging
· Network debug analysis
· In-depth knowledge of Java 1.5 and 1.6, JSP, EJB
· (MUST) Ability to Setup configure and troubleshoot Tomcat, JBoss, and WebServices, Hamachi, Putty, Amazon Cloud Syncing process and services (sync servers)
· (MUST) Knowledge of configuration and troubleshooting Active Directory/LDAP and Oracle/MSSQL
· Familiarity with working with VMWare workstation necessary
· Good working knowledge of Java Remote debugging and Browser/client side debugging
· C++ knowledge an added bonus
· Working knowledge of Windows Services, Grails and Spring necessary
· (MUST) Ability to do SQL tuning and performance
- Candidates must be US Citizens.
Indeed - 21 months ago