Hearthside Food Solutions

Hearthside Food Solutions Employer Reviews

Building process
Foreman (Former Employee), Kentwood, MIDecember 4, 2014
Pros: the customers
Cons: the turn over rate
I feel that HearthSide Food Solution is in its building process. Its a growing company with great potential. If my family and I didn't relocate to Texas, I would still be the foreman at HearthSide for many years to come.
productive place
Packer/ shipper (Current Employee), Michigan City, INDecember 1, 2014
Would have been a great job, however they kept running out of product to make and ship out. The flexibility in hours was fine, but when there is no product and you are off every other week it becomes a hassle to make ends meet. However when I did work, the environment could be hot/cold, and very noisy.
Product
packer (Current Employee), Michigan City, INNovember 23, 2014
they will work you for a week and not call you for 2 weeks and then call you and say are you still interested. terrible job. the management was very mean and didn't care about giving breaks on time during 12 hour shifts. the co workers that have been there over 5 years are very rude. its was always the black and mexican workers. there was nothing enjoyable – more... about this job. – less
Hard working Environment
Production (Former Employee), Lakeville, MNNovember 6, 2014
I will go onto my line and check with the line lead too make sure everything is operational before running, than I would poor bulk into the hopper and keep it full for the shift
shifts cancelled with little notice
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Michigan City, INOctober 31, 2014
would not recommend this company for individuals with families
productive
Forklift Driver/Baker (Former Employee), Michigan City, INOctober 25, 2014
it was a pleasure to work for them. we would have a pre-shift meeting then its off to the floor everyone there enjoyed there job and wanted set a new record in production everyday.
Amazing people
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), McComb, OHAugust 12, 2014
Pros: always had fun
Cons: moved
Loved my job at Hearthside. Would've given it 4 stars, but would only allow me to click on 1.
Great place to work!
Lean Initiative Manager (Current Employee), Gibson CityAugust 2, 2014
8 on a scale of 10. Great company to work for. Benefits are excellent across the board.
very fast paced
Step 1 machine operator (Former Employee), mccomb ohioJuly 17, 2014
okay job but dont pay enough for the stress thats put on to finish production orers
Company prefers to hire outside, instead of promoting from within
Supplier Quality Specialist (Current Employee), McComb, OHMay 28, 2014
The company prefers to hire outside, instead of promoting from within. It is hard to improve on a career with that kind of attitude.
I had fun as a packer i hope i get to do it a second time.
packer (Former Employee), McComb, OHMay 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks are great to.
I need a job as soon as possible. I want to be a packer and make new friends too
Oreo factory
Packager/material handler (Former Employee), Michigan City, INApril 21, 2014
Pros: nice management
Cons: travel time to work
This job was repetitive yet was still a blast going to work. Would sort and load different size boxes with product to be sent out later that day
Factory work enviroment
Line Producer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 16, 2014
Pros: paid every week
Cons: work every weekend
Fast pace, How to operate different machines and assembly lines, cool supervisors, cool co-workers, hardest part was going fast pace.
Fast paced work place
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), McComb, OHMarch 25, 2014
The company is well rounded in the baking industry that manufactures mainly cookies and crackers.
Terrible company...
Temp worker 8 yrs. (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 3, 2014
Cons: long hours/short breaks
They staff with mostly temp workers who they treat horrible. Temps do most the work with low pay and 40 minutes worth of breaks for an entire shift. Revolving door witn hires...they say they do background checks, but that is a lie. Lots of ex-cons and current gang members.
Temps get no holiday pay and no vacations while the hired in Hearthside people – more... get holiday pay/vacation pay/ profit sharing.

Toledo plant is the worst...smack dab in the ghetto with police cars constantly flying around looking for perps...even show up at the plant to take people away...employees even steal other employee lunches...stay away!

They hire people long enough to get a run of product out then poof! NO WORK!

When things are humming along mostly in the summer, forced overtime....if you had plans...tough!

HR woman in Toledo is an evil beast.

Was promised to great hired in twice...permanent layoff...liars...favoritism abounds there...kiss enough behind and MAYBE you'll get in. – less
Productive workplace
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Michigan City, INFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: bingo a safety game played in which we could win good money prizes paid vactions etc
Cons: short breaks and we only had 1 break and 1 lunch
The day started with a employee stretch to get us ready. The we were informed of what took place on the shift before us and any problem to look out for. The hardest part of the job was the shift i work on. I worked midnights which mean we were always stuck with sanitation every friday night. I enjoyed the pay the most.
Fast pace, continuous improvement.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Kentwood, MIFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and team mentality
Cons: mandatory long hours, diminishing health benefits.
Morning meeting, go over what went wrong and what went right.
Walk plant floor, looking for safety hazards, repairs needed.
Assign crew to immediate needs (safety first).
Review PM completion, assign new PM's
Review projects percentage complete, adjust manpower as needed.
Meet with each department (Sanitation, Production, shipping) to insure improvement – more... plans are in place and on target.
Meet with employees on the floor listen and address problems they may be having.

I had built the maintenance program, lock out tag out, worked with other departments to insure PM's ran on schedule and inspected to insure they were done properly.

Hardest part was disciplinary procedures (ones with gray areas the worst).

Best part was company recognition for department work well done. – less
Awesome place to work.
Labor Coordinator (Former Employee), Michigan City, INFebruary 12, 2014
Too much work and too little time. Long hours. Have to have knowledge of food manufacturing.
not a good place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Lakeville, MNFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: there are no pros
Cons: all cons not a good place to work
not a good place to work H.R is the worst very mean no understanding at all You are just a #. no 1 at the Lakeville plant is happy. you can not call in for ANYTHING NOTHING. or you get a right up
Fast paced environment!
Reach Truck Operator (Current Employee), Lakeville, MNJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: job security, decent pay and benefits
Cons: management, work 12 hour days, no extra compensation for weekend work, reach the top quickly and hit a dead-end
In the warehouse it is a high speed demanding job. We would be responsible for shipping, receiving, putaway and assisting production.

Management is not very great. No one is really held accountable for their mistakes. Supervisors just hang out in their offices all day and act irritated if they need to actually do something. If there is a mistake they – more... are quick to blame others and cover their rears.

The hardest part of the job is not having the proper equipment to get the job done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is a sense of accomplishing your tasks at the end of the day.

Overall, your co-workers are all great people. Occasionally you have a bad egg and they tend to not pull their weight but mostly everyone works well together.

Working every other weekend sucks! You get days off during the week (which is nice) however, I would rather have my weekends off when my significant other is off.

They say they promote from within but it seems that isn't true anymore. At one point it was but times have changed. – less

1 2 3