Hearthside Food Solutions Employee Reviews

Great
Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 16, 2017
Great boss, great co-workers. The industry was fun, and I never dreaded going to work. I felt respected, and appreciated by our management staff. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Compensation and management
Fun and fast pace
Machine Operater (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 15, 2017
Very nice place to work and for the long term employment will benefit someone who is looking for a job that will help you with your family and bills for a life time
Benefits
Cons
Fast pace
Not a bad place but not horrible
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  London, KYAugust 10, 2017
Messy and aggrevating but pretty decent job a lot of standing around due to lines breaking down or product changes so it makes for long days but when lines are running properly and fast it is a easy satisfying job
Pros
free sno cones outside, free snacks in brk room, cookouts, parties
Cons
short breaks, required overtime
you either worked to death or didnt work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 9, 2017
the job was fine but u either work 70 hour weeks or work 15 hour weeks it never stayed normal and no one was thankful for nothing you done they acted like they could care less if you went the extra mile.
Pros
good pay
Cons
health care
Productive and fun working with others
Packer (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 7, 2017
Working at Hearthside Food Solutions was a good experience for me. Everyday I worked, I learned something new far as how production worked and what they needed, and exspected me to do. Management was cool and worked well with everyone. We knew to keep our work area clean as we worked. The hardest part about the job was line 2, but the enjoyable part about the job was working with my coworkers.
Pros
The pay
Good pay
Baker Fill-In/Food Safety (Former Employee) –  McComb, OHAugust 3, 2017
The pay and benefits package are great. You can get as much overtime as you could want. Alright management. Bad thing is you cannot switch shifts. Always make excuses. Do different jobs and not get their pay.
Pros
Great healthcare, hours, pay
Cons
Couldn't switch shifts
production
General Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 31, 2017
Job was very good, easy and productive environment. Although, Some times production slowed down which caused some down time. Some employees complained about the downtime but I figure I stay busy It wouldn't anything to complain about.
great culture
Material handler/ forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJuly 19, 2017
A really nice place to work. The employees were great and very helpful. It was a challenge handling that many loads a day, which was good due to the lack of dullness in a 12hr shift.
Pros
great people
Cons
shorter breaks than usual
Temporary workers are treated different
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  London, KYJuly 12, 2017
In almost all departments the temp workers are treated more harshly and given more work to lessen the burden on the full time employees, the company only promotes a small handful of temps to full time, anyone that is in sanitation is almost never hired in, I personally have worked there for 2 years and have been told that I was going to get hired in only to be lied to about it even though I am fully trained and capable. If you are considering working here don't! It is a horrible place to work.
Cons
Short breaks and outrageous demands on their workers.
Working through a buyout
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Wenona, ILJuly 9, 2017
Company recently bought by Hearthside. Still working through some kinks. More stress and benefits changing. Still not a bad place to work. Pays better than some places in the area, but not the top.
Pros
Many good people work here
Cons
A few bad apples
Make cereals & energy bars as main product.
Hi/Lo Driver (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJuly 2, 2017
Load & unload product from trailers with a fork-lift and bring it to & from the cereal lines. They would be wrapped on a shrink-wrap machine after cereal boxes were full.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Pulled pranks that went too far.
Fast pace yet fun
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJune 28, 2017
A typical day was fast pace yet fun and balanced. My manager was patient with me to learn a new role in a different type of surroundings I was use too. As a whole the management team was great and supported me in my job role. The work culture was refreshing in that they always tried to be the best in what they do. The hardest part of the job was to be flexible to changing schedules yet that is what made it enjoyable to keep you on your toes so to speak.
A lot of illegals shame on Hearthside
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 20, 2017
If you want a good job do not come to this company. They don't care about you and your family life they make you work way too many hours and don't compensate in pay. Supervisors and managers use foul language all the time when speaking to the hourly employees and the company is definitely not versatile.
Managers are having relationships with other managers who are all married and this activity takes place in the company where your food is made. How's that for freshness?
Pros
Absolutely no Pros
Cons
Everything about this place is a Con
Lots of double standards
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  McComb, OHJune 14, 2017
They don't seem to care about your family or if you are there. To many bosses not enough workers. They seem to make incidents disappear and no one seems to know what is going on
Hearthside a very good compan
Packer (Current Employee) –  Wenona, ILJune 10, 2017
Very good company with great pay and benefits. Upper management very nice and caring. Schedules are set ahead of time and if you need a day off they usually give it to the employee.
Pros
Bonuses
hot and sometimes overwhelming
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  McComb, OHJune 5, 2017
8-12 hr shifts
i learned how to run multiple machines
management did not speak to there employees appropriately
the hardest part of the job was dealing with supervisors
Slow paced but calm work atmosphere
Blending Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJune 2, 2017
I was the Quality Blending Tech. for the Blending department. They would blend Splenda, Brown Sugar, Cheeses, and granola for the packets would then be sent out onto the floor to be packed and shipped.
Pros
Easy going, good crew
Cons
Long hours, sometimes slow production schedules
Small town/ friendly place to work.
Inventory Control Specialist (ICS) (Former Employee) –  Gibson City, ILMay 29, 2017
Great place to work for a small town. People are great! Pay is under average for industry, but environment plays a role in what is acceptable and what is not. Not a lot of guidance or direction in building of personnel. Love working there, but relocated out of area. Would be a good place for someone that is looking for manufacturing experience in packaging to start out.

Good group of people to work with at all levels.
Pros
relaxed work enviornment
Cons
Not a lot of career advancement opportunities due to location, plenty if willing to relocate.
Awful Company to work for
Employee Community Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 23, 2017
One of the worst companies that I have ever worked for. Most of the workers there did there own thing and were focused solely on themselves. The HR department was completely two faced and did nothing but talk negative about their employees as soon as they would leave the office. The HR manager was one of the worst people that I have ever worked for in my 20 year career. Most of her time was spent posting on Linked In and talking about her personal life with other associates. I would never recommend anyone to ever work for that company.
Pros
Cons
awful company
A job
Plant Finance (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 11, 2017
after part of Roskam Baking was acquired by Hearthside Food Solutions they kept everything pretty much the same. It was work based but not cut throat and as long as your work got done everything was ok.