Heartland Bank Employee Reviews

Heartland Bank
Customer Service Supervisor/Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ladue, MOJanuary 14, 2018
A typical day at Heartland included, but not limited to auditing/correcting of account deposits, providing customer with additional investment or banking opportunities.
Good Place to work with opportunity to learn
Retail Banker II and A+CE Captain (Former Employee) –  Countryside, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Working for Heartland Bank was fun and instructive. Their main focus is to provide the best Service to their customers. They really expect to go the extra mile. As the A+CE Captain my role was to help the Retail Bankers practice and be prepared to make the customer experience an A+. Heartland bank requires and provides e-courses monthly to keep their employees knowledgeable and current. The most enjoyable part is working as a team and management is very supportive. The hardest and most stressful part of the job is their monthly Telemarketing numbers but than again that goes with the job
Pros
Many social and community activities
Cons
only one lunch no breaks
This was an okay job.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2017
The staff changed a lot and people moved around. There was not a lot of room for advancement at the bank. The customers were always nice and made the job easy.
Terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARSeptember 12, 2017
There is very poor upper management at Heartland. You have no performance evaluations and you don't know that you have done anything wrong until you get fired for very vague reasons that are unsubstantiated. Loyalty means nothing to upper management. Not a stable work environment.
Csr
CSR/ TELLER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2017
Provides account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan paymentsAnswered customers questions related to default mortgage and provided payment solutions.
▪ Cashing checks; issuing savings withdrawals; recording night and mail deposits.
▪ selling cashier's checks, traveler's checks, and series e bonds; answering questions in
person or on telephone; referring to other bank services.
Productive, detailed place of employment.
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delavan, ILAugust 7, 2017
Typically the day is waiting on customers, transactions, and needs. I have been a supervisor/lead for three years. This involves learning federal regulations, decision making, and overseeing other tellers. I report to a branch manager once a week. The hardest part of my employment is having a large turnover of employees. There are three levels to go through before being considered for a lead position. My favorite part is the customers that I am helping.
Pros
Healthcare if needed. Flexible hours if there is coverage. Three weeks vacation at five years.
Cons
Large turnover.
Very easy work enviorment
Senior Deposit Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bryant, ARJuly 18, 2017
Process daily work and provide branch assistance with questions. Work with customers and resolve any issue. The hardest part of my job is having to many jobs which then can be very stressful. Most enjoyable part of my job is the work I do. I love what I do and what helping others.
Great work place
Commercial Lending/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 9, 2017
Heartland Bank is a wonderful company to work for. Executive Management makes you feel a part of the team instead of a subordinate. They are very understanding of your life outside of work and accommodate any personal events that may arise.
Pros
Accomodating, Great Management
Cons
Healthcare
Independent location in Denver
Mortgage Banker and Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2017
Satellite banking center with mothership located in Chesterfield, MO. Independent work enviro but not a lot of guidance or support from Midwest headquarters.
Good
Item Processor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 9, 2017
Enjoyed working at Heartland Bank.
Heartland Bank in the area of position that I was employed is a good starting place for college and younger people.
bank merger
Treasury Management Implementation (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 7, 2016
I worked for Heartland bank for almost 3 years before taking a position at another bank due to Heartland being acquired by Midland States bank. When I started I was a member of a team assisting commercial customers with treasury management products. Prior to leaving Heartland my job was going to focus more on selling treasury products.
Pros
learned job skills
Cons
merger activity
Numerous locations to serve your needs
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 21, 2016
Heartland Bank would not be my ideal place to work just due to the fact that there was no room for advancement and management truly was not willing to help their employees better themselves for fear of losing their job. I had the disadvantage of being employed for them when they were in the process of being bought out by another bank so tensions were running very high and the stress was begin to show on even the most competent employee. It was not a pleasant environment to work in because you never knew what was going to set someone off and cause a situation you did not want to be part of. There was a lot of watching your back and keeping your mouth shut.
Pros
The employees
Cons
The attitude of management
great place to work
Silver Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, OHFebruary 4, 2016
good environment
great people
management is easy to talk to
company tries to promote within
cross training is excellent
Learning Experience
Director Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHAugust 25, 2015
Heartland is a great place to learn and grow. One truly, can learn a great deal about the banking industry, while working with some extraordinary people.
Great people at my branch, and good customers
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJune 30, 2015
Ran all branch operations, including paid returns on checking accounts, I did loan applications on personal and business loans.
Worked with business customers and cold calling on new business prospects.
Pros
WOrking with great people.
Cons
Upper management
Great Place to work
V.P (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield MOApril 27, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my 15 plus years at Heartland Bank. It was sad when the bank was bought out by Midland States Bank and my department and position were eliminated.
Pros
Great People
Great place to work in Iowa
CSR (Current Employee) –  IowaDecember 30, 2014
This bank is located in IOWA, and is not affiliated with the Heartland Banks in MO or IL. Heartland Bank is very family oriented and offers an excellent benefit package. The Bank has had successful continued growth for several years and has earned 5-Star Superiour rating from Bauer Financial for more than 20 years. Great place to work!
Very Fun Place to work
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 20, 2014
I did a variety of work for collections, loss mitigation, claims and wokring with attorneys.
Pros
Great work environment
Great small company
FHA Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 16, 2014
Great atmosphere, all management that i have worked with has been great, smaller company going through a merger.
Structured enviroment
Operations Department (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day consisted of staying focused and detailed to prevent errors. I learned a variety of back office functions. Co-workers were professional. The hardest part of the job was the constant changes in the rules and regulations. The most enjoyable part was the great atmosphere.
Pros
celebrations of birthdays and holidays
Cons
distance to work