Heartland Dental, LLC Employee Reviews

Production Driven
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 20, 2017
I have grow personally from my experience working for Heartland Dental. They invest in the education of their employees but they do expect a return. If you produce you are rewarded and highly regarded. May not see a lot of heart from team mates who produce.
Pros
Company Incentives
Cons
Production Driven
Good
Ortho Assistant & Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 17, 2017
Good company to work for. great people. lots of opportunities. great careers advances and educational advances. the patients are amazing also!!!!!!!!!
Stressful and workplace drama
Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKOctober 10, 2017
Although I appreciated the benefits of the company; the stress of the job as well as the workplace drama did not go well with my personality or the type of work environment I was looking for.
Pros
Benefits; discounted dental; no weekends
Cons
Drama, long hours, boring
High stress levels
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windermere, FLOctober 10, 2017
High stress with little reward, hours changed frequently with little notice. The pay did not match the level of expectation placed upon an individual.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Minimal health care coverage
Too many levels of management
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLOctober 10, 2017
Made to feel belittled by management. Felt that the manager was heartless and not a compassionate person. The company overall is a great concept; there is plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
Productive monthly meetings
Cons
Free dental work is the only plus
Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDOctober 6, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone with a life. There are days when I won't leave the office until 9 P.M. I have had to sacrifice taking college courses this semester because I can't fit it in my ever-changing schedule. Management is very poor. They show blatant favoritism and if they don't like you they will push and make you uncomfortable you until you are forced to leave. Coworkers and managers will gossip about other workers. Very toxic environment.
Pros
free dental work
Cons
bad hours, low pay for high stress
Poor practice management, practice culture and philosophy
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 1, 2017
They tell you it is a doctor driven practice. It is if you believe their practice philosophy, more expensive treatment not better treatment.
Their managers think you should be able to do procedures that are not needed to meet their goals. Ethics is not a priority or appreciated.
Pros
Cons
management, practice culture, practice philosophy
Heartland dinner was very good with providing everything that you needed classes you got to go to the home office and learn all about them.
My North Atlanta Dentist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2017
I love my job at heartland it was very fun. They make sure that you stay on top of anything that you need as far as classes and giving classes themselves I love the most the people that I worked with and will look forward to working with them again
Pros
Great fun during the meetings you learn a lot free lunches
Cons
Great with taking care of your continuing Ed courses
Great Benefits
Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 25, 2017
Nothing bad to report. Great benefits and salary. Training could be more useful. A lot of new staff turnover. Accountability is sometimes lacking. I would recommend for a new assistant.
Benefits
Cons
Staff training, not clear roles
My coworkers are great! Management poor!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 22, 2017
It was my first job as a DA. I left due to bad management and too much work drama. Not so professional. Dr was cheap with employees too. She would not like it if our manager brought us donuts or bagels for breakfast. They are very shady and micromanage a lot.
Pros
good training
Cons
no lunch sometimes
Fun, Productive Environment
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Great office environment, was managed beautifully. I wouldn't have left if it weren't for my husband needing to relocate for his job. I learned a LOT!
Pros
Corporate backing
Cons
Micromanaging at times
Decent corporate office
Dentist (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Office was clean and modern and the workload was manageable. One issue was the mandatory out-of-town conferences twice a year. They want you to love the company and embrace it's mission statement. Felt a little like joining a cult.
Pros
Consistent paycheck, clean well-managed office
Cons
Difficult to make bonuses
production oriented often stressfull work environment
RDH (Current Employee) –  several in Illinois and one in ArizonaSeptember 17, 2017
It is a good place to work if you can manage all the management. They are too heavy in the management. There are way too many meetings on how to improve the numbers and do more and get more from the patient.
I feel the mentoring program should be revamped and there should be better one on one mentoring. I felt attacked and judged by the mentors and that they did not come there to really help me but to justify their salaries.
Pros
always a challenge
Cons
very number oriented
Corporate
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 17, 2017
Upper management and corporate employees are fake and pushy for production rather than patient satisfaction. They tell you that the offices are Dr ran but really corporate employees tell the Dr how to work and what to do. If their is an employee that the corporate staff aren't happy with, they will bully and micromanage that person until they quit. Pay is started low and raises are barely given and not given fairly. The company will always give different excuses as to why a raise could not be given. Staff are expected to know ALL positions and job duties. Their is constant employee turnover, no consistency in staff for patient comfort. For every new Dr that joins the practice (then leaves) new schedule hours are made so patients would then need to be rescheduled, which creates frustrated, angry patients and frustrated staff since we were always making rescheduling phonecalls. Meetings were typically production focused. Production is talked about everyday, multiple times a day.
Pros
Decent benefits. Paid CE
Cons
Production based. High turnover. Pushy corporate staff
Beautiful brand new office with all the modern technology.
Dentist associate (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Beautiful brand new office with all the modern technology. The reason why I left is that the office manager was promoted to a higher position and after one year they still did not replace her. The staff need someone to oversee them with discipline in order. Unfortunately the staff began to fail at the basic level of punctuality, preparedness.
Pros
Education provided was very good
Cons
Lack of a manager at the office site
home work life balance
Support Administrative (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 8, 2017
Great Company to work for as a lot of CE's to offer. Hard to keep work /home life balance.
Management is pushy on reaching sales goals. Compensation is less than role.
Pros
Continuing Education
Cons
Compensation
Work like a DOG
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 7, 2017
Heartland has not been so great to me. I did some research on them before accepting the position and figured that maybe it was just that person's opinion. Heartland has froze all classes since Nov of 2016 due to saving on their budget and all of our goals are extremely impossible to meet without taking advantage of patients and ripping them off. All this company cares about is making themselves money and push their dentist and staff to do it and you get nothing in return. I work at a two doctor practice that should have four assistants and we now have three and they are keeping it that way so they can make more money since they won't have to pay another assistant's salary, needless to say there are more patients in chairs than assistants to help them. As a new assistant you will learn a lot but have plans on moving elsewhere. The dentist are very arrogant, rude and the staff has had continuous drama way before I came and will have it way after I'm gone. They strive to pay you what the overall pay is for assistants in their area and that's it. If the Dr. does't have a profitable day they cancel the day and go home leaving us with smaller paychecks and inconveniencing patients.
Pros
Free Dental if you ever get a chance to get in the chair
Cons
No 401K match, Over worked and Under paid, Money hungry Co.
Fun, Creative,Great opportunity and learning environment
Hygiene Mentor, Arizona (Former Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZSeptember 4, 2017
My opportunities at Heartland were great. i was able to learn all the systems, improve myself professionally as well as personally. The culture I will miss I made many great friends and consider Heartland as family. I started as a Dental Hygienist and was able to grow as a Heartland Hygienist mentor. I really enjoyed my role.
Pros
CE credits continues, professionnel growth
Cons
Great place to work, but compensation is poor
Client Administrator (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 29, 2017
I really enjoy my job at Heartland Dental. I have had great managers, but there are also poor managers. Benefits are good, but compensation is poor.
Pros
Fun people, good culture, good benefits
Cons
Low pay
It was a demanding but fun place to work
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLAugust 29, 2017
While some days were very busy and somewhat stressful, our office had a fun atmosphere where we all got along really well. Having those types of relationships at work out weighs any stress that one might face.
Pros
free dental care, fun atmosphere, good working relationships
Cons
some late nights every now and then

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heartland Dental, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8