Heartland Dental, LLC Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Practice Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILMarch 15, 2017
Great compensation, great office culture and feel. Structure and systems are the foundation to a successful company. The executive level does their best to hype up the some odd 80 offices that are supported.
Pros
support on every level
Cons
some states require a lot of commuting
Liked the company
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, KYMarch 13, 2017
I loved Heartland Dental. Very fast paced, but loved the patients. The original training ways were very useful and helpful. I liked that they invested in their employees and treated them like people.
Pros
loved the patients
Cons
political
Heartland systems
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2017
The company had too many systems that wanted each office to run exactly the same way as all offices. The office was controlled by Practice Administrators and usually hard to be on their same time line.
Pros
training is amazing and they pay for it
Cons
not every office is the same
Terrible company and office
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 10, 2017
I worked for this company for over a year. Very High Turnover. I had 2 doctors change during my year there and was expected to follow company policy and doctor policy even when they didn't align. Eventually I couldn't keep everyone happy and was written up for not being able to balance the two sides. Received mixed messages all the time; no constancy. If you PA wants you out they are allowed to target and harass you. Do not take a job here unless you like hostile environments, no job security, and no support.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
Management, Hostile Environment, Bad morals
fast pace
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILMarch 8, 2017
They paid for me to get my: coronal polishing,sealant,N20, and EFDA. This is a great company!!!! They also provide information regarding CE credits and they will pay for you to attend the course.
Productive workplace and great opportunity for advancement.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILMarch 2, 2017
Heartland dental is an excellent company to work for. They care about their employees, and are constantly growing and looking for any possible room for improvement, to ensure they maintain status as the leader in dentistry. They strive to be a world class company.
Negative work environment
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 2, 2017
If boss likes you all is ok, if your not on friend list your on your way out. Promised review and raise at 90 days, at 90 days told they did not do that. Never got any dental care, always to busy to allow BA to get even a cleaning, clinical staff got theirs. Micromanaged, no positive reinforcement, smallest mistake made you fearful to do job. Corporate office was great, local office not so great. There are way better companies and offices out there.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
No sick days or vacation time first year
Awful Company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  AZFebruary 20, 2017
Great home office support. Awful field support. Can't trust your management because you never know who is related. Large territory to support with zero field support. Pulled in many directions. Average work week with travel is about 55 to 60 hours a week. Hard to take time off.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Low pay. Nepotism. Regional Mgrs.
High Turnover
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 18, 2017
I have been there a short period of time and I have seen over 7 employees come and go. It seems that this particular office cares more about money than their staff.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Ugly dispositions
Stable
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Has a great environment for personal developement. I went to several classes that helped me to sharpen some of my dental administrative skills.
Decent job.
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSFebruary 14, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Heartland Dental; however, as far as management is concerned, it seems like the company is going through a shift, which unfortunately lost me my job as a BA.
Pros
positive atmosphere, decent comp plan, etc.
Cons
micro management, false hope about future
great place to work
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Great training, management was good. When they first took over it seemed like a great place. once they weeded out the high paying employees they used the rest of us to train the lower paying employees. besides that great place to work if they paid
Positive Place to Work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 25, 2017
My time at Heartland Dental Care was amazing! They provided training that was needed for all new employees. Employees worked together to maintain a good working office.
Pros
Doctors
Great place to work!
Dental Hygienist Temp (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 24, 2017
I love the people I work with! Great job opportunities also! I like having the opportunity to work at different places and offices because I learn about new equipment and something new every time!
Pay is okay but not worth it.
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 23, 2017
Poor pay but decent benefits. Horrible management. Managers with no clinical experience will shorten your appointments, harras you about production, and try to get you to force treatment on patients. Your schedule might be changed without any warning at the whim of a new manager. Don't get used to a Doctor or an co-worker because the staff constantly turns over. I worked for five different doctors in one year because they couldn't keep one. Because of this no one will have proper assigned responsibilities and the office will be full of HIPPA and OSHA violations. They will send you to company training courses and fill your head with ideas that only high achievers can succeed in this company and that you have to be a go-getter. Then they will make promised about bonusing, raises etc. And never stick to them. They expect you to work longer, harder, and faster for no extra pay. Want to work weekends and never see your family? Want to neglect good patient care and education so you can shorten appointments and cram in as many patients as possible? Want to hate your job and get burnt out all for the sake of some stockholder? Than this is the job for you!
Pros
Really nothing
Cons
Everything.
Heartland promises mean nothing
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 10, 2017
Heartland dental is a joke! They say they care about their employees but all they really care about is the doctors and money. Luckily I work for a doctor who doesn't tell a patient they need something when they really DONT just because they need more "production" for the day. They're all about number and you do all the hard work while all the high up "skirts" make all the money. The raises, hours and company values just suck. They need to listen to their employees more then they wouldn't have such a high turn around rate or loose tons of money on that, since after all, that's all they care about...
Pros
Free lunches, insurance, free dental work, CE classes
Cons
No 401k, no sick days, raises are terrible-you review your own coworkers
Good job security but should take care of long term employees better
Business/Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJanuary 9, 2017
They always promise career advancements, but when it actually comes down to it getting there is a lot more difficult. They also need to pay and treat their long term employees a lot better than what they do.
Great staff and Dr. was awesome. Management sucked.
EFDA Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 31, 2016
You are told one set of working hours, you work that for awhile, then they change them, then for no reason just because they want to change just your hours. Fast paced, all about the money, lasted nine months before I called it quits. If you don't have a life it's a great place to work.
Great workplace with great opportunities!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MODecember 30, 2016
Love the co-workers and team environment! Some Doctors and upper management can be hard to work for but if your willing to do your best and take care of the patients, you can succeed and make a difference!
Pros
Being able to make a difference in peoples lives, create long lasting relationships with patients and co-workers, training offered by the company can benefit your professional and personal life!
Cons
Hours- work/life balance, political, finding an honest/caring doctor to work for
Horrible
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MODecember 30, 2016
I'd never work for this company again. They don't pay well and they expect you to give your life to them. The Drs are treated as if they can't do anything wrong while committing insurance fraud left and right and expecting their employees to keep their mouths shut.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heartland Dental, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8