Heartland Dental Care

Heartland Dental Care Employee Reviews

Compensation and advancement not optimal.
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee), Saint Lucie, FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: 2 weeks paid vacation, paid holidays, benefit package
Cons: not consistant and high turn over of employees
rate of pay low for my experience, Promise of advancement continually being ignored. Too much politics and promotion of friends of higher job positions for higher pay.

Co-workers at the office are amazing.
Best part of the job is the amazing patients .
OK
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Brandon, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Good work environment. Enjoy working for this company,benefits are great. They do provide continuing education and also advancement for growth for team members.
This company is very challenging...
Business Assistant (Current Employee), somewhere in the USAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: good training
Cons: lack of communication and encouragement
I have worked for this company a little over a month and still training. I must admit I had dental experience but not as much as they required. Due to me not knowing and learning everything in a month or less time span...they tried to make me quit. The team/ manager makes you think the problem is you and not them...hmmm...Be careful. ..and watch out...trust no one...mind your business. ..try to stick to your responsibilities only.
Im still Speechless over this "JOKE" of a company
Business Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INNovember 3, 2014
Pros: paid training
Cons: everything else
This was the most NEGATIVE job experience I have ever had. My co-workers were just plain MEAN and no one would accept responsibility for anything that ever went wrong. No communication, no leadership. As the role of a business assistant there is NO END. The expectations they have is unattainable. I HATED this place with a passion and would not refer my worst enemy. In the 3 months I was there the Dr. quit, a new Dr. came in who was totally afraid to do procedures and would refer everything out. She was completly immature. Our "PA" had NO IDEA of the utter MESS the office was in until she was forced to finally really start looking. The "RA" was a total joke!!! She would come in the office looking so unprofessional as if she literally just hoped off the back of a bike after a night of partying. When they were there..which was rare...Instead of being available to the staff for questions their priority was going to breakfast for just the two of them and stepping out multiple times a day to smoke.
I say run for the hills if you are thinking of joining this company. You WILL BE MISERABLE!!!!
Business setting
Business Assistant (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 2, 2014
Learned about aging reports as well as billing and coding aspects.
RUN!! This company is TERRIBLE!
Business Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Northern KyOctober 28, 2014
Pros: not one!
Cons: no breaks, no raises (even though they are promised) hounding from management, late nights, no over time but short staffed to save money.
This company seems awesome at first interview, they will promise you the world, but never deliver!! The "higher ups" are manipulative. While I was never written up, they are write up happy for others. The region I worked in (Cincinnati, NKY) area, was ran by high egos and lack of real world leadership experience-the only leadership experience they had was taught by heartland.. a complete joke! They say the Dr's are the leaders of the practice, but the only ones who get and 'leadership' training are the administrators- their tactic for having a hand over the Dr. this is NOT family based dental, they are slave drivers for money. you never leave at 5, the days are long some times until 7/8pm at night. the offices are dirty and need updating! WORST work experience I've had, wish I wouldn't have gotten roped in!
I was okay I had been with the office before Heartland bought
Office Manager (Former Employee), Ocoee, FLOctober 16, 2014
Pros: excellant training classes
Cons: raises not good
I enjoyed working in my office. the changes were very good in some areas. the retiredment plan was good.
Heartland Dental
Business Assistant (Current Employee), Culpeper, VAOctober 6, 2014
Heartland is a great company to work for, unfortunately I worked in an office with poor management and minimal opportunity.
Too worried about production
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Culpeper, VAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: travel opportunities
Cons: little to no breaks, lack of patient concern, high turnover rates.
In my office the doctors were fresh out of school and had little to no idea exactly what they were doing. They would diagnose incorrectly quite a bit and at times would diagnose patients with problems that never presented radiographically. Production is pushed way too hard on the doctors and staff. It is all about the money and patient care is obsolete. Management is fairly worthless, the one good manager the office had was forced out. Lots of drama. The turnover rates are also very high causing many mistakes and making to workplace continually awkward.
Not a good place to work
Business Assistant (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLJune 18, 2014
Dr's are hateful, management was caddy. cut my hours without telling me why. A lot of favoritism to those who sell treatment plans. anyhthing else gets overlooked.
Productive and great education in dentistry
Dentist (Former Employee), Cape Coral, FLMay 8, 2014
Pros: dental education and knowledge
Cons: management of staff was sometimes a challenge
I was very productive at Heartland. I learned the
importance of systems in a business.
The hardest part of the job was teaching myself to
slow down so I could perfect my skill as a leader.
The most enjoyable part of the job was watching
patients smile after dental treatment. It made my
week.
terrible
front desk (Former Employee), marylandMarch 7, 2014
This company is very nice in the beginning but after you sign on the dotted line its over. They work you like a slave its all about the numbers, they do not care about you or the patients. The RA's, & PA's are unprofessional, they treat you like you are not doing your job so you can quit and they will hire someone else and pay them less. They don't want to fire you because you can get unemployment .
If you like being treated like a slave, perfect place for you!
Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando flJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: training to sell
Cons: long hours, pay scale low, too much selling!
Heartland Dental is the worst place I've ever worked! The management treats you like a child, they work you like a dog, and the hours are absolutely awful!!

If you love the field of Dentistry, do not work here. It will make you hate very day,of your life!!
Providing the best Dental Care possible
Business Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 10, 2013
Pros: bonuses, dental care
A typical day at work...busy answering phones, scheduling patients, greeting patients as they arrive, confirming insurance benefits, presenting treatment plans to patients, checking patients out, collecting copays.
It is important to enjoy what you do, I enjoy helping people whether it's helping a patient feel at ease while at the office to helping them understand and maximize their insurance benefits.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and building relationships with patients and co-workers.
Great Company
Practice Administrator (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILNovember 5, 2013
Every day was like the next. Management and co-workers were great. I enjoyed working with people the most about my job.
Great company to work for.
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 28, 2013
This company has great benefits and love there employees. Always striving to make it the best place to work. Very open in all areas of the company.
Great Team Environment
Lead Business Assistant (Former Employee), Highland Village, TXOctober 24, 2013
Answering phones, creating marketing plans and even assisting with the medical challenges that arise in a dental office.
very fun
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAOctober 15, 2013
. I have a range of customer service and secretarial skills as well! Some of my qualities I poses are perfect attention to detail and the ability to complete assigned tasks speedily and professionally, In-depth knowledge of x-rays, infection control procedures, sterilizing instruments and equipment, and experience in working in a comprehensive dental office. Which includes reception, filing, mail management, typing, maintaining schedules, booking appointments and placing orders. Hands-on experience with Microsoft Word and I demonstrate the ability to learn new tasks quickly with confidence and ease.
Practice Administrator (Former Employee), VA, MD, PAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: travel, coned, investment into employees, leadership and partnership focused
Cons: ratio of work to position, dentist run the focus on administrative tasks vs clinical, distance leadership, minimal support
a typical day at work - very busy, under staffed, many duties, often work well past practice hours
what you learned - How a company should invest in all of it's employees
management - Absent, although leadership training programs are provided, no accountability to follow up on implementation.
your co-workers - everyone wants to be better but feels overworked
the hardest part of the job - getting support
the most enjoyable part of the job - working with each practice to help them become more profitable and to provide better services to patients.
Great Doctor, Great Office
Asst.Office Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee), Effingham, ILSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: many locations to work from
Cons: cant really think of any
Our office opens at 8;30 am, but our staff is in by 8 am. At which time we check messages, call unconfirmed patients, and prepare for the day. Once our doors open we have a minimum of 5 patient ready for prep and ready for the doctor. Repeat that about 3 more times and its lunch time. We have a smooth afternoon full of fillings, deliveries and a few emergencies.
The hardest part of the job is sorting out all the insurances, keeping the schedules full of good production, and building a lasting relationship with the patients.
Co workers are great. It is very much a family atmosphere.

1 2 3