Heartland Dental

Heartland Dental Employee Reviews

high level integrity with a purpose you can support 100%
Practice administrator (Former Employee), Effingham, ILMay 17, 2015
Pros: lots of leadership training
Cons: underpaid and management was very "clicky"
The hardest part of the job was saying no to the many opportunities they provide so that I could balance my work/home life.

It is a fast paced, growing company that was evolving daily. Lots of required continuing education was required. Lots of meetings and discussing the numbers that represent patient care to the dr and teams to ensure the highest quality dental care experience was provided. Coaching in the moment was an essential function of my role and I enjoy the creative freedom or "grey area" of my job description. Implementing ideas and systems to make a group of people work as a well oiled machine in their own unique fashion was both extremely difficult and rewarding.
Lacking leadership
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee), Oak Creek, WIMay 13, 2015
I struggled with very poor leadership and almost no communication from corporate to the "peons". Offer extensive continuing education within the company but will not help pay for any outside CE courses. Very difficult to speak to anyone higher up in the company, as phone messages/emails are not returned in a timely manner. Extremely frustrating experience for me. This is very much a production based company, as quality dentistry is not important in this office.
Decent Job
Business Assistant (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMarch 11, 2015
I love working with the patients and providing quality dental services. I have great benefits and wonderful coworkers.
great mentoring available
Office Manager (Current Employee), marylandFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: room to grow with the company
Cons: hardly ever a lunch break, long days, calls/ text/ emails after hours, very demanding doctors
always more to learn, stable work environment, honest management team, dependable team, and loving co-workers. The hardest part about the job is the level of expectancy. Have to fill in wherever the team is short and still not let your task fall to the side.
its a job until you can find something better!
cda (Current Employee), floridaJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: everything else
Severely overworked, nothing they promise is true - hardly any lunch break jamming everything into the schedule they are about production and the bottom line not patient care. Practice administrator lies and backstabs.
Fast paced
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Maryville, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Co-workers are up beat and fun to work with. Office is fast paced and very organized. Hardest part of the job would be how busy we get at times.
Greatful for having a job
Dental Office Assistant - Business Assistantental (Current Employee), Lake Havasu City, AZDecember 2, 2014
Pros: working with the public
Cons: no room for advancement
I have learned a lot while working here and am very great full I have a job. I love working with the Public. Management is good, I feel the owner does not care much city regulations, such as permits etc.. I would like there to be some type of advancement at my current job. There is nothing really hard about my job, I enjoy what I do, I would like to move on and learn new things. I worked in the Medical field before working here I really enjoyed the patients.
Dental Assistant
Dental Assisting (Former Employee), Alton ILNovember 23, 2014
Heartland only care about the bottom line which is production and not the quality of care the patients get. Doctors can be rude and disrespectful to patient and nothing will be done even management are told . Dental Assistants are considered to be nothing because the are not the ones that produce only Doctors and Hygenist produce so they can show up to work late everyday and not be respectful of patients time. Practice administrators are hire because they have family and friends in the company not because of qualifications. If your office doesn't do well because of the previous Dentist you never bonus and don't get raises even if you came to work everyday did a great job!
Awesome company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 22, 2014
Awesome company to work for and patients come first. The quality of care is above average with same day treatment available.
Don't waste your time
dental assistant (Former Employee), mdSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great educational opportunities
Cons: everything
The management is terrible. They only worry about the bottom line. You, as an employee, are only an expense to the office. They send you home if they can justify it and do not care if you aren't getting the hours you need to survive. Corporate and manager pick favorites. If you aren't on their VIP list, you are basically the scum on the bottom of their shoes.
Excelent Company Culture
Business Assistant (Former Employee), TraveledSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great team enviroment
Cons: minimal job security
Heartland has an excellent culture based on honorable values. A typical day is fast paced, challenging and rewarding. Educational and training opportunities are bountiful and relevant.
TERRIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT... RUN NOW!!!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), MDSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: i loved most of my coworkers.
Cons: management sucks, long hours, no breaks, pay sucks, not appreciated for a job well done
Management sucks, they work you like a dog, and show no appreciation for everything you do. The hours are ridicously long, and you hardly ever get a break. The only people who get any type of promotion are the butt kissers who hardly know how to do their jobs. The entire company is focused only on how much money you can make for them. They claim to be a family oriented company, but if you have an emergency with your child, they couldn't care less. Please don't waste you time applying at this company. It's not worth the stress!
Productive workplace with updated equipment.
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee), Antioch, TNJune 30, 2014
Pros: team trips were planned after end of the year goals have been meet.
Cons: short breaks due to the high volume of patients.
A typical day at work is to have a full and busy fun productive day. All staff members have been there for years, meaning the turn over is low. Happy and energetic office with great patients.
Beautiful modern facilities centered on continuing education.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Glen Carbon IL.April 9, 2014
Pros: good interpersonal communication seminars
I learned a lot during the job, the co-workers as well as the management were really nice and very helpful while I was training.
great training
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee), Belleville, ILJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: cant find pt or ft work
mgt is great Annette!
I am looking for PT with benefits and FT with benefits.
I appreciate calling for temp jobs with a notice, and summer is great for covering vacations.
The full time or part time positions are difficult to find.
GREAT !!!
Dental assistant (Former Employee), Champaign, ILSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: education ! and a couple mean drs :(
Cons: may or may not get a lunch but no big deal :-)
GREAT EDUCATION CHANCES !
GREAT COMPANY !
GREAT DRS OVERALL !
good company
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Brooksville, FLSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: lot of travel, fun people
Cons: did not pay well.
i like working with the dentist place it was a very fun environment. i did a lot of travel with this company and meet a lot of great people all over the state. I worked with the IT department and getting all the computers set up in the office and digital xray machine set up.
Too many hours of cont. education, too much travel, to high pressure of sales, poor management
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee), South Bend, INMay 17, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: management, staff, travel
Boss was not nice, staff very angry and lots of tension due to pressure to sell denistry, angry patients, high cost of denistry.
Worst company to work for.
Dental assistant/hygienist (Former Employee), ILApril 27, 2013
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: worst management style, people lie, stress work place.
I loved my co-workers cause they were very helpful. The management all cared about nothing but themselves and how they can advance their career.
Walk away now! Dishonest and shady company.
Business Assistant (Former Employee), midwestMarch 23, 2013
Worst company I have ever worked for in my twenty years of medical/dental experience. Very demanding with little reward. Management likes to be little those beneath them. Very dishonest company that does not value their employees. In fact they changed their Indeed company name because the reviews rated them a one.