Heartland Dental Employee Reviews in United States

Great
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  District of Columbia, DCApril 21, 2016
It was a nice pplace to work, enjoyed the hours good work/life balance. Not enough employees, work load was a lot. Most enjoyable was the residents.
Amazing
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDApril 19, 2016
This company is fantastic! They pay well even for employees with no experience in dental or minimal education. They are firm believers in continuing education so be prepared to travel. Management for me was amazing but every office is different. There is a department at home office for literally everything so no matter what your question is there is definitely someone to answer it. The only real negative for me is that some of the offices are open until 7pm at night which isn't easy with a family.
Pros
Great pay, travel, continuing ed, TONS of chances for advancement
Cons
Late nights
Great Company to work for
Patient Services Support Team Member (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILJanuary 19, 2016
Great company to work for.
Management is great.
If you arent nice you wouldnt last to work there.
They are very nice to thier employees and their patients.
Great Team
Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MONovember 9, 2015
Have been working there for almost 2 years. I very much enjoy working with my team, meeting and building relations with our patients.
Focused on building relationships and getting results
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 14, 2015
We are focused on building relationships and getting results. The company believes in investing in the personal and professional development of all team members. It is a team environment designed to help each other succeed. The harderst part of the job is the travel. Any managment position requires travel. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in someone's life. Helping others achieve what they are capable of is rewarding.
Pros
professional development
Cons
lots of travel
Dental Business
Experienced Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILOctober 1, 2015
Everyone always has that one job that just didn't go well. That was my experience at Heartland. I relocated for them. They dangled a promotion in front of me promising me that by a certain date I would be able to advance. The advancement never happened. I asked for support multiple times and was left without any.
Fufilling work environment
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILSeptember 29, 2015
Relaxed atmosphere with a very good management team that had high expectations. Offered great support and communication within the team. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help out so many patients in need.
Patient focused environment
Practice Administrator / Class Presenter (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILSeptember 22, 2015
Create buy-in and trust with Doctors, Team and Patients by being present and building relationships as a liaison with the company.
I have learned that failure is not a loss. It's a gain, I have learned, I will change and I will grow.
Co-workers, my team, a group of individuals that support each other, without them I wouldn't be able to survive.
Hardest part of my job is unable to met the need of an individuals.
Most enjoyable part of the job, making a difference.
Pros
Being educated and educating others, Paying forward
Workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 27, 2015
Typical dental office position, in the corporate world and you definitely feel the corporate hold on it. I have learned much about dental/medical office things, computers etc.

There is no promotion available to me, I am young and stuck in the position I am in, partially due to the limited areas to promote and some of it to do with my management above me.
Great company with good core values
Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  South Carolina regionAugust 17, 2015
I currently manage two dental offices and support three doctors. I oversee about 40 team members and help make sure each office and staff are reaching there goals. I handle any HR issue and do the recruiting for the offices. I enjoy the interaction I have with being in the offices. I make sure the business team is trained and feel comfortable. I also help the clinical side. I used to be a dental assistant at one time so I don't mind jumping in when needed. I spend a lot of time traveling to and from the offices, classes, career fairs and meetings. The hardest part of my job is wearing so many hats at times.
Pros
reimbursement for travel and meals
Cons
extreme travel
Heartland Dental cares a lot of their employees and about the dental offices they support.
Patients Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 13, 2015
Heartland Dental does an excellent job showing each and everyone one of their employees and supported dental offices that they have value in the company. Heartland Dental provides great benefits, great advancement opportunities and they are willing to listen to ideas even from the "low man on the totem pole".

For my job as a Patient Services Representative (PSR), a typical day consists of answering phone calls for over 500 of the dental offices supported by Heartland. PSRs schedule/reschedule/cancel appointments for offices, answer simple questions and make sure that the dental offices know of any concerns their patients might have.

I have learned that every dental office, every person working in the dental office and every patient at the dental offices are different. There are several personality types and I, as a PSR, have to adapt my own personality to theirs. At times this can be a challenge because my personality doesn't always mix with personalities opposite mine. This can also be challenging with dental offices in general because some dental offices are much more strict than others. As a PSR, I have to quickly know how the office likes their appointments scheduled, how their patients are to be treated and how detailed I must be in answering questions and recording information.

My biggest challenge with this job is the job itself. I personally have a difficult time sitting in one spot answering phone calls for more than a couple of hours. I am fine with sitting and/or answering phone calls but I also like to get up and move around and perform other tasks as
  more... well. This job can be very boring but also very stressful depending on the day and type of calls I get.

The most enjoyable thing about this job is my co-workers and management. Everyone that I work with is so nice and encouraging especially to new employees. The management is great at making sure that each new employee feels comfortable talking phone calls before sending them out to take calls alone.
Pros
Great management, break room provides a lot of space to relax, kitchen has great food options and beverage options
Cons
Having to sit in one place for the entirety of the work day
I work as a temp assistant but anytime I have a concern or question, Heartland Dental makes themselves easily accessible (via phone) and very helpful!
Temp Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, Tn.June 22, 2015
I enjoy temping for Heartland Dental. I work as a temp assistant but anytime I have a concern or question, Heartland Dental makes themselves easily accessible via telephone, and are very helpful!
high level integrity with a purpose you can support 100%
Practice administrator (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILMay 17, 2015
The hardest part of the job was saying no to the many opportunities they provide so that I could balance my work/home life.

It is a fast paced, growing company that was evolving daily. Lots of required continuing education was required. Lots of meetings and discussing the numbers that represent patient care to the dr and teams to ensure the highest quality dental care experience was provided. Coaching in the moment was an essential function of my role and I enjoy the creative freedom or "grey area" of my job description. Implementing ideas and systems to make a group of people work as a well oiled machine in their own unique fashion was both extremely difficult and rewarding.
Pros
lots of leadership training
Cons
underpaid and management was very "clicky"
Lacking leadership
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIMay 13, 2015
I struggled with very poor leadership and almost no communication from corporate to the "peons". Offer extensive continuing education within the company but will not help pay for any outside CE courses. Very difficult to speak to anyone higher up in the company, as phone messages/emails are not returned in a timely manner. Extremely frustrating experience for me. This is very much a production based company, as quality dentistry is not important in this office.
Decent Job
Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 11, 2015
I love working with the patients and providing quality dental services. I have great benefits and wonderful coworkers.
great mentoring available
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  marylandFebruary 9, 2015
always more to learn, stable work environment, honest management team, dependable team, and loving co-workers. The hardest part about the job is the level of expectancy. Have to fill in wherever the team is short and still not let your task fall to the side.
Pros
room to grow with the company
Cons
hardly ever a lunch break, long days, calls/ text/ emails after hours, very demanding doctors
its a job until you can find something better!
cda (Current Employee) –  floridaJanuary 30, 2015
Severely overworked, nothing they promise is true - hardly any lunch break jamming everything into the schedule they are about production and the bottom line not patient care. Practice administrator lies and backstabs.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
everything else
Fast paced
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Co-workers are up beat and fun to work with. Office is fast paced and very organized. Hardest part of the job would be how busy we get at times.
Greatful for having a job
Dental Office Assistant - Business Assistantental (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZDecember 2, 2014
I have learned a lot while working here and am very great full I have a job. I love working with the Public. Management is good, I feel the owner does not care much city regulations, such as permits etc.. I would like there to be some type of advancement at my current job. There is nothing really hard about my job, I enjoy what I do, I would like to move on and learn new things. I worked in the Medical field before working here I really enjoyed the patients.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
no room for advancement
Dental Assistant
Dental Assisting (Former Employee) –  Alton ILNovember 23, 2014
Heartland only care about the bottom line which is production and not the quality of care the patients get. Doctors can be rude and disrespectful to patient and nothing will be done even management are told . Dental Assistants are considered to be nothing because the are not the ones that produce only Doctors and Hygenist produce so they can show up to work late everyday and not be respectful of patients time. Practice administrators are hire because they have family and friends in the company not because of qualifications. If your office doesn't do well because of the previous Dentist you never bonus and don't get raises even if you came to work everyday did a great job!