Heartland Health Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Medical FloorAugust 25, 2016
The pay is not up to par, and raises don't come. The surrounding area is nowhere to raise a family. Stay in bigger markets where you will be compensated appropriately,
Pros
Windows
Good benefits
Director of Marketing and Admissions (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 5, 2016
I enjoyed the atmosphere. However, pay is very low - however benefits make up for it. Wonderful insurance and 401 K plan. I left this position because of commute
Part-time job
Dietary Aide/Cook (Current Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MINovember 12, 2016
My typical day at work is okay. I've learned various jobs.The management is alright. My co-workers are great. The hardest part of my job are the different rule on a daily basic that they come up with. Something new everyday. The most enjoyable part of my day are my co-workers and meeting different people.
Pros
Nice manager, great co-workers, free meals, nice job, great location
Cons
not enough hours, to many childish rules, don't care about employees, needs more organizing, etc.
Great company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 12, 2016
I loved my job in this agency, very organized, and family oriented. I liked the employer- employee relationship, as well as the benefits and opportunities available for them.
Poor management and leadership
Supervising Licensed Clinician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2016
The leadership and management are extremely disappointing. There is minimal training and new employees are often given minimal guidance in the standard operating procedures at their site, and supervisors are changed without notice. This is the worst onboarding experience I have ever had at any organization, and communication is absolutely nonexistent when it comes to overall direction of the organization, changes that are being made, and relaying of relevant information to actual employees.
Work in progress
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 10, 2016
In my experience we were always short staffed, overworked and underpayed. Management was not very professional, or willing to compromise. No appreciation for staff.
HCR Facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, MISeptember 28, 2016
Very fair place to work. Co/workers are fair a well. Management is fair. Nurse supervisors are fair. Overall I would rate my experience as 3 1/2 stars.
Very well ran
Maintence Tech (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 31, 2016
This was by far a very himble position that I took. I worked in a rehab center fixing everything that needed to fixed in the building and the folks I met taught me a lot about life and it's challenges. Very pleased
I volunteered.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2016
I volunteered at heartland health care during my senior year of high school. I assisted in bathing patients, feeding them, walking them and shadowing the CNA. I learned how to handle different types of patients.
A very good enviroment to work in.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Union, SCOctober 27, 2016
They are very good at what they do. They are very helpful and always provide quality care. The rehab department is awesome. I would highly recommend this place.
beautiful working place ever
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2016
I worked here for almost a year, its one of my best place of work,
its been amazing experience all through, team work,
flexible schedules, I recommend it
Pros
free lunches especially on calendar events, rewards
Fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIOctober 18, 2016
i really enjoyed working there. They really cared about their workers and the residents there. When times were hard the staff all pulled together.
Fun workplace.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 24, 2015
The company was good to work with and everyone I worked with was amazing. It is a place you look forward to every morning. But they lack good organizational and communication skills which I see they are currently working on.
Pros
workplace is undergoing reconstruction.
Cons
no good benefits.
Radiology
Radiologu (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph Heartland EastFebruary 27, 2013
I had worked several positions at heartland in St Joseph Missouri.
This employer says they treat thier employees with RESPECT but don't. They want to work as few employees as possible in any department and squeeze them like a turnip. Then pay them WAY WAY WAY below the national average. Example: radiologic technologists at Heartland get paid $15.70 on average starting out. However the national average for the Midwest is $20.00 per hour plus all benefits. Heartland is a Monopley big time in the area. I would not work there and abused by management as well as poor healthcare. Infact I go to Kansas City.
Pros
nothing
Cons
read my comment
good work place experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLSeptember 5, 2016
I enjoy work in Miami lake location. Everyone is respectful and friendly. The patient there are such a sweet heart and willing to cooperate with the staff to get better.
Part time
CALIFORNIA / FOOD TRY (Former Employee) –  STJOESPH MISSOURISeptember 19, 2016
It was a great place to work had a great supervisor mary huston the reason I left was for health issues I had but now I no longer have.
Pros
Discount on ffod
Cons
I dont have, any
CNA that loved my job
CENA/NURSE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 6, 2016
I loved my job and knowing that I brought joy, love, companionship and comfort to many of my residents. I not only gained their trust, and built a bond with my residents and their families/loved ones that either the resident and/or their family members knew they could talk to me and/or address any issues or concerns. The main concern from family members was staffing issues; we worked short many times. Overall Heartland, is a very nice, clean and loving facility.
Fast pace, work well with others.
Medical Assistant-Externship (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJuly 30, 2013
I enjoyed my extern at Heartland. They taught me a lot. I did a number of things such as, Room patients, took vital signs,drew blood, collected urine, and help with procedures.
Pros
Free lunch, benifits
Cons
Better Pay
Not the best place to work in health care!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MissouriFebruary 24, 2013
As a former 6 year employee who worked in various departments i can say that this is not a good place to work. Upper management is very dishonest. Hourly employees are paid very low wages. While salaried employees enjoy very high wages and yearly bonuses. There is no policy in place that protects an employee's rights. A Heartland employee is unable to answer any allegations that are made against them by supervisors or other employees. The employee is considered guilty and fired at will. There are alot of lawsuits against heartland from former empoyees check your Missouri Court system. If you are outspoken and can think for yourself than this is not the place for you. If you do what you are told and never complain no matter what than this is the perfect place for you.
Pros
the best food in the cafeteria.
Cons
low pay for hourly employees.
Being a CNA is rewarding because, you get to help people recover.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MINovember 1, 2015
A typical day at work, I go and check on each one of my patients and ask what I can do for them. After my first round I do my assigned showers. Every day the activities department has an activity for the patients to engage in, I try to get as many people up and engaged in the activity that I can. Once the activity is done I go get them and make sure they are clean and ready for dinner. After dinner most people are ready to go to bed. Working besides a nurse is great because I get to learn new interesting things everyday, like techniques of doing things, medication, and experience. They all help me grow into a better healthcare professional each time I work. The management at Heartland is trying to build up stronger and work things out to be smoother. As long as everyone works together as a team it will work. The co-workers at heartland are great, safety and caring is everyone's goal so when you need a helping hand we are all glad to help one another. The hardest part of the job is caring for somebody who passes on. You grow a bond with the people you care for, so it is always heartbreaking to see somebody pass. Working in this field is rewarding and enjoyable because you get to help people get better and make them happy and healthy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heartland Health. Our community is ready to answer.