Heartland Health

Heartland Health Employer Reviews

Challenging work opportunity and great learning experience.
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLMay 27, 2014
A typical day involved reviewing all new admissions to insure all required work had been done. Visiting all patients to make sure that all had no complaints or, if necessary, resolution of those complaints.

I learned a great deal about regulations for nursing care on that level, risk management concerns, and interacting with people of different cultural – more... backgrounds.

Management was supportive and generally encouraging.

Co-workers were hard working and supportive of my role.

The most difficult part of the job was disciplining co-workers.

The most enjoyable part was the interaction with patients. – less
A good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Pewaukee, WIMay 1, 2014
Pros: transportation was provided
Cons: short staff
Working At Heartland health Care was an good job. I really enjoyed working with the residents. We had a good staff that worked together who had the same goal and thats was caring for are residents. The overrall rating is not correct. I was trying to give Heartland health care a 3 because overall the dedication and team work was great
a good home to work at.
CNA (Current Employee), Paxton, ILApril 27, 2014
Pros: holiday parties
Cons: short staff
The hardest part of the job is when you loose a resident and you were close to them. Typical day at work is going in and start getting them up for breakfast, then afterwards they would either go to therapy or activeties. I always had good coworkers to work with.
A nice organization with almost no chance for advancement.
Life Guide (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 1, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: no teamwork, little pay
This organization does a lot of great things for the patients, however it is very hard to make this organization a career.
Nice
LPN (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLFebruary 20, 2014
Organized, friendly environment. I would apply over there again.
Fun place to work
CNA (Former Employee), Canton, IllinoisFebruary 10, 2014
great place to work until management changed the alzheimer unit to be an open unit and not closed.
Fun Workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GAFebruary 4, 2014
Patient Scheduling, Taking Vital Signs, Answering Phones, Punctures, Given Injections
Typical day
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 13, 2014
Not enough staffing. The nurses had a lot of patients and seemed overwhelmed at times. Constantly busy and had people waiting.
A nice nurseing home. Careing and Compashionate Peole
Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Muskegon, MINovember 26, 2013
Pros: fast pace, set scedual, home at night, pay was better
Cons: not always team work, sometimes it was hard to get someone to help you or get mangemnet to help
I would go in and get my assignment pass my linen and start patient care on my residents that included anywhere form being a total wash up or shower and dress to an assist with these things. Passed breakfast trays and picked up, finished patient care. Did vital signs and charted rounds every 2 hrs to toilet and check on patient to make sure they don't – more... need anything, made beds and tidy up rooms – less
ok
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), Westerville, OHNovember 8, 2013
Lower pay than I would like. Good schedule. Not enough advancement. Poor communication.
Working to assist the community
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: providing healthcare to all
Cons: funding
Heartland health is one place I will always remember. They work very hard to provide healthcare to everyone.
good
Housekeeper/Laundry Aide (Former Employee), Galesburg, ILAugust 27, 2013
Pros: good people to work with
good place to work and would like to work there again one day, residents were very nice and also the workers.
Fast pace, work well with others.
Medical Assistant-Externship (Former Employee), Collinsville, ILJuly 30, 2013
Pros: free lunch, benifits
Cons: better pay
I enjoyed my extern at Heartland. They taught me a lot. I did a number of things such as, Room patients, took vital signs,drew blood, collected urine, and help with procedures.
Well worth the Wait!
Case Manager RN (Current Employee), Seattle, WaJuly 7, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: not many at all
Ok...First the Good...Great Admin and Director...Positive and Well organized..and BOTH HARD WORKING and my Two supervisors are amazing. This Team stands behind what they TALK...and is about not only about the patient but the EMPLOYEE! The support Staff is great..They are always on top of things and very helpful!

The Bad...Well pay is decent but not – more... Hospital wages so dont expect that but its VERY Reasonable ...but you will end up making as much as you need if you like to do admits...Like I do...My Boss takes his time in hiring people...He likes to find the right people that will stay...So be prepared not to Start in a week or two more like a Month or more..but its so worth it! – less
hard work but worth it
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 12, 2013
I worked on the rehab unit. The therapy at Heartland is priceless. Its hard work there but you do see progress in your residents.
Radiology Department (EAST)
Rad Tech (Former Employee), ST. JOSEPH MOMay 15, 2013
Pros: plaza radiology techs are amazing!
Cons: east radiology techs are horrible.
I have worked in the radiology department in the past for about six months and it was absolutely horrible! The technologists that are employed in the department are some of the most ungrateful, rude ,and mean hearted people i have ever come into contact with. I would wake up each morning and dread going there. They are very fake, Heartland stresses – more... the need for getting excellent scores on their surveys and that is all they really care about, they couldn't care less about the patients.It is VERY cliquey at east and you never knew going into the day who will be nice or who will not even acknowledge your existence.I did not enjoy my time at Heartland and I would never consider going back. I do not agree with how the department runs.

They rarely use shields on patients or marker on their images.

They have TONS of repeat exposures just because they are trying to get the exam done so quickly, they end up giving the patient an extra dose of radiation that could have been avoided if they would just slow down and give a hoot about the patient. – less
Loved the job but the managment was very poor
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Moline, ILMay 7, 2013
Pros: great residents
Cons: poor management
I enjoyed working at heartland the residents were great and enjoyed every minute you spent with them. My co-workers were also nice worked well together and got things done the right way. What i didnt like was the poor managment and low staff which casues things to not be done the right way.
Very good place to work if you like to work hard.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Moline, ILMarch 25, 2013
I loved working here it was your average job you have good days and bad the don was tough but if you do your job your ok.
Absolutely loved working for this company
CNA (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 7, 2013
A work night for me at heartland was always a good night. The work was easy because the nurse and or other CNA's would help and participate in the care of the residents. All the nurses were respectful and easy going. With this company I have learned that you can do anything with great team work and a strong leadership.
Radiology
Radiologu (Former Employee), St. Joseph Heartland EastFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: read my comment
I had worked several positions at heartland in St Joseph Missouri.
This employer says they treat thier employees with RESPECT but don't. They want to work as few employees as possible in any department and squeeze them like a turnip. Then pay them WAY WAY WAY below the national average. Example: radiologic technologists at Heartland get paid $15.70 – more... on average starting out. However the national average for the Midwest is $20.00 per hour plus all benefits. Heartland is a Monopley big time in the area. I would not work there and abused by management as well as poor healthcare. Infact I go to Kansas City. – less