Heartland Health Employee Reviews

Activities
Heartland Health Care (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 9, 2016
I am a Activities Asst.at Heartland Nursing Home for two years. I assist the well being of a resident in activities and diagnose there day to day activities, I also did one on ones with the resident, entertainment, games, fill in daily logs of resident.
Pros
i can enteract with resident
Cons
no cons
Has it's ups and downs
COTA (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2016
My department works well together, but the management and other departments don't work as a team. Overall, it has potential to be a great workplace.
Being a CNA is rewarding because, you get to help people recover.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MINovember 1, 2015
A typical day at work, I go and check on each one of my patients and ask what I can do for them. After my first round I do my assigned showers. Every day the activities department has an activity for the patients to engage in, I try to get as many people up and engaged in the activity that I can. Once the activity is done I go get them and make sure they are clean and ready for dinner. After dinner most people are ready to go to bed. Working besides a nurse is great because I get to learn new interesting things everyday, like techniques of doing things, medication, and experience. They all help me grow into a better healthcare professional each time I work. The management at Heartland is trying to build up stronger and work things out to be smoother. As long as everyone works together as a team it will work. The co-workers at heartland are great, safety and caring is everyone's goal so when you need a helping hand we are all glad to help one another. The hardest part of the job is caring for somebody who passes on. You grow a bond with the people you care for, so it is always heartbreaking to see somebody pass. Working in this field is rewarding and enjoyable because you get to help people get better and make them happy and healthy.
Fun workplace.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 24, 2015
The company was good to work with and everyone I worked with was amazing. It is a place you look forward to every morning. But they lack good organizational and communication skills which I see they are currently working on.
Pros
workplace is undergoing reconstruction.
Cons
no good benefits.
I loved my job at Heartland Healthcare!
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlSeptember 15, 2015
Heartland Healthcare is dedicated to providing quality care for patients and Residents. I thoroughly enjoyed my job as ADON and MDS Coordinator. Multiple educational opportunities are offered. Heartland cares about employees and patients and goes above and beyond to keep morale high.
Pros
A great place to work
Cons
My job consist of serving and making the residents happy.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIAugust 31, 2015
Love helping and communicating with the residents. My job consist of serving and making the residents happy. I've been working for this company going on almost 5 years. I just would love to advance in a high position and get more experience in my career that I will pursuing.
Productive fun place to work
Medical Unit Secretary/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2015
very fast pace place work environment
dharting, keeping up with medical records, making residents MD appts
please see my resume for more
Pros
day goes fast
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Lead Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMarch 31, 2015
I loved what I did, being around patients and the type of work I did. I learned managerial responsibilities and leadership qualities. Very busy productive job, but very rewarding working and helping the patients.
Pros
Working with patients, flexibility of schedule for appointments or childcare issues
servicing others with care
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 26, 2014
While working at heartland health care, i learned to be attentive to the needs of others while using empathy as a way to relate to others.
Pros
free lunches, flexible schedule
Cons
very unsanitary environment
Wonderful pace of work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Grosse Pointe Woods, MIOctober 25, 2014
Great Job,Great team Players, Wonderful Management team, Needs improvement in the pay scale.
great coworkers
Access representative (Former Employee) –  st joseph, moAugust 25, 2014
working in er was always non stop and on the go. never a dull moment. learned new things in the environment from terminology to watching doctor do stitches. was able to get along with everyone i worked with and never and problems.
Pros
nights went by fast and always enjoyed being there
Cons
seeing people you know come in
Challenging work opportunity and great learning experience.
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 27, 2014
A typical day involved reviewing all new admissions to insure all required work had been done. Visiting all patients to make sure that all had no complaints or, if necessary, resolution of those complaints.

I learned a great deal about regulations for nursing care on that level, risk management concerns, and interacting with people of different cultural backgrounds.

Management was supportive and generally encouraging.

Co-workers were hard working and supportive of my role.

The most difficult part of the job was disciplining co-workers.

The most enjoyable part was the interaction with patients.
A good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMay 1, 2014
Working At Heartland health Care was an good job. I really enjoyed working with the residents. We had a good staff that worked together who had the same goal and thats was caring for are residents. The overrall rating is not correct. I was trying to give Heartland health care a 3 because overall the dedication and team work was great
Pros
transportation was provided
Cons
short staff
a good home to work at.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Paxton, ILApril 27, 2014
The hardest part of the job is when you loose a resident and you were close to them. Typical day at work is going in and start getting them up for breakfast, then afterwards they would either go to therapy or activeties. I always had good coworkers to work with.
Pros
holiday parties
Cons
short staff
A nice organization with almost no chance for advancement.
Life Guide (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 1, 2014
This organization does a lot of great things for the patients, however it is very hard to make this organization a career.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no teamwork, little pay
Fun place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Canton, IllinoisFebruary 10, 2014
great place to work until management changed the alzheimer unit to be an open unit and not closed.
Fun Workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAFebruary 4, 2014
Patient Scheduling, Taking Vital Signs, Answering Phones, Punctures, Given Injections
Typical day
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 13, 2014
Not enough staffing. The nurses had a lot of patients and seemed overwhelmed at times. Constantly busy and had people waiting.
A nice nurseing home. Careing and Compashionate Peole
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 26, 2013
I would go in and get my assignment pass my linen and start patient care on my residents that included anywhere form being a total wash up or shower and dress to an assist with these things. Passed breakfast trays and picked up, finished patient care. Did vital signs and charted rounds every 2 hrs to toilet and check on patient to make sure they don't need anything, made beds and tidy up rooms
Pros
fast pace, set scedual, home at night, pay was better
Cons
not always team work, sometimes it was hard to get someone to help you or get mangemnet to help
ok
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 8, 2013
Lower pay than I would like. Good schedule. Not enough advancement. Poor communication.