Heartland Health Employee Reviews

Teamwork
Manager (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILNovember 15, 2017
One thing is the teamwork in the facility is wonderful. All managers would help line staff with meals and through the day. Appreciation of employee is great. HR director is the best.
Bottom-rung workplace.
Unspecified (Former Employee) –  UnspecifiedOctober 27, 2017
New employees are drawn in with the promise of free CNA training classes in exchange for on year of work for Heartland. What they don't tell you is that you will never be formally trained for the work they have you do up until you complete your CNA course (either housekeeping or dietary). They don't tell you that they're going to work you full time, PLUS you'll have to go straight from work to a five-hour-long class Monday through Friday. When you begin to break down from exhaustion, they'll tell you it's only for a month. When you get on the floor, you'll end up taking on the workloads of people who no-call-no-show or just quit. People don't stick around because the pay is terrible and the workload is a lot. And when you leave, you owe the company the money for the CNA course.

Do yourself a favor and find another way to get your CNA, or just don't. Find another career path.
a typical work day
Central Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLAugust 21, 2017
Making sure that all nursing staff has all supplies on each unit.
Making sure that month end close report was correct before the claims and statements went out in the mail.
Pros
great staff
Cons
underpaid
Great starter positions
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 12, 2017
Good employee morale. However the pay not the greatest. Somewhat opportunities for advancement. Working environment is okay and the residents were wonderful.
decent
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 10, 2017
A typical day at work is always short staffed. plenty of oppertunities to pick up extra hours. rewarding because of the awsome patients. hour lunch breaks on third shift.
Pros
always hours available
Cons
never clean linens on the weekends
Like working there
MO (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOJuly 16, 2017
I enjoyed working there. I liked the people I worked with they are friendly.I enjoyed my job I love helping others and wish I would have stayed there.
Pros
Health insuransce
Cons
Na
Fast paced and new experiences for learning.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 29, 2017
Working in a skilled nursing facility over the last 5 1/2 years has taught me an incredible amount of the following: bedside manner, wound care, gastrostomy/jejunostomy tube care, lab knowledge, processing orders, medications and medication administration, IV therapy, tracheostomy care, and hospice needs of the patient and family. I have learned over the years how to monitor 10-25 resident to keep them safe and dignified. I am well trained to notify family/POA if there is new orders or a change of condition with the patients. I have always enjoyed working with the geriatric population. I have gained the confidence I need in order to provide the most effective care.
Friendly workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 10, 2017
It was ok company to be employed for. Pretty busy & fast pace but overall nice place to work.

I don't have anything else further to review about this company.
productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 15, 2017
Professional and nice work environment. Employees are hard working and punctual. Management needs some work but they are very helpful and enjoy working here.
Typical direct care of residental adolecents
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nevada, MODecember 13, 2016
Working with troubled adolescents in a locked-down facility. Co-worker drama very high, some competent and helpful management. Benefits are decent, you know what your hours are.
Pros
Discounted meals at facility
Cons
High drama with co-workers
Part-time job
Dietary Aide/Cook (Current Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MINovember 12, 2016
My typical day at work is okay. I've learned various jobs.The management is alright. My co-workers are great. The hardest part of my job are the different rule on a daily basic that they come up with. Something new everyday. The most enjoyable part of my day are my co-workers and meeting different people.
Pros
Nice manager, great co-workers, free meals, nice job, great location
Cons
not enough hours, to many childish rules, don't care about employees, needs more organizing, etc.
Work in progress
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 10, 2016
In my experience we were always short staffed, overworked and underpayed. Management was not very professional, or willing to compromise. No appreciation for staff.
I volunteered.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2016
I volunteered at heartland health care during my senior year of high school. I assisted in bathing patients, feeding them, walking them and shadowing the CNA. I learned how to handle different types of patients.
Very well ran
Maintence Tech (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 31, 2016
This was by far a very himble position that I took. I worked in a rehab center fixing everything that needed to fixed in the building and the folks I met taught me a lot about life and it's challenges. Very pleased
A very good enviroment to work in.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Union, SCOctober 27, 2016
They are very good at what they do. They are very helpful and always provide quality care. The rehab department is awesome. I would highly recommend this place.
Fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIOctober 18, 2016
i really enjoyed working there. They really cared about their workers and the residents there. When times were hard the staff all pulled together.
HCR Facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, MISeptember 28, 2016
Very fair place to work. Co/workers are fair a well. Management is fair. Nurse supervisors are fair. Overall I would rate my experience as 3 1/2 stars.
Part time
CALIFORNIA / FOOD TRY (Former Employee) –  STJOESPH MISSOURISeptember 19, 2016
It was a great place to work had a great supervisor mary huston the reason I left was for health issues I had but now I no longer have.
Pros
Discount on ffod
Cons
I dont have, any
beautiful working place ever
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2016
I worked here for almost a year, its one of my best place of work,
its been amazing experience all through, team work,
flexible schedules, I recommend it
Pros
free lunches especially on calendar events, rewards
good work place experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLSeptember 5, 2016
I enjoy work in Miami lake location. Everyone is respectful and friendly. The patient there are such a sweet heart and willing to cooperate with the staff to get better.