Heartland Health Employee Reviews in United States

CNA that loved my job
CENA/NURSE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 6, 2016
I loved my job and knowing that I brought joy, love, companionship and comfort to many of my residents. I not only gained their trust, and built a bond with my residents and their families/loved ones that either the resident and/or their family members knew they could talk to me and/or address any issues or concerns. The main concern from family members was staffing issues; we worked short many times. Overall Heartland, is a very nice, clean and loving facility.
Not too bad of a place to work.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 18, 2016
When In first started working there, it was a good place to work. I had at the most 23 residents to care for. Some of the managers and nurses would go out drinking all the time and put pictures of it on Facebook.
Pros
Free pizza every week for the workers.
Cons
A lot of favoritism.amongst the ones that were always going out together.
Activities
Heartland Health Care (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 9, 2016
I am a Activities Asst.at Heartland Nursing Home for two years. I assist the well being of a resident in activities and diagnose there day to day activities, I also did one on ones with the resident, entertainment, games, fill in daily logs of resident.
Pros
i can enteract with resident
Cons
no cons
Great company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 12, 2016
I loved my job in this agency, very organized, and family oriented. I liked the employer- employee relationship, as well as the benefits and opportunities available for them.
Fun workplace.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 24, 2015
The company was good to work with and everyone I worked with was amazing. It is a place you look forward to every morning. But they lack good organizational and communication skills which I see they are currently working on.
Pros
workplace is undergoing reconstruction.
Cons
no good benefits.
I loved my job at Heartland Healthcare!
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlSeptember 15, 2015
Heartland Healthcare is dedicated to providing quality care for patients and Residents. I thoroughly enjoyed my job as ADON and MDS Coordinator. Multiple educational opportunities are offered. Heartland cares about employees and patients and goes above and beyond to keep morale high.
Pros
A great place to work
Has it's ups and downs
COTA (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2016
My department works well together, but the management and other departments don't work as a team. Overall, it has potential to be a great workplace.
My job consist of serving and making the residents happy.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIAugust 31, 2015
Love helping and communicating with the residents. My job consist of serving and making the residents happy. I've been working for this company going on almost 5 years. I just would love to advance in a high position and get more experience in my career that I will pursuing.
Being a CNA is rewarding because, you get to help people recover.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MINovember 1, 2015
A typical day at work, I go and check on each one of my patients and ask what I can do for them. After my first round I do my assigned showers. Every day the activities department has an activity for the patients to engage in, I try to get as many people up and engaged in the activity that I can. Once the activity is done I go get them and make sure they are clean and ready for dinner. After dinner most people are ready to go to bed. Working besides a nurse is great because I get to learn new interesting things everyday, like techniques of doing things, medication, and experience. They all help me grow into a better healthcare professional each time I work. The management at Heartland is trying to build up stronger and work things out to be smoother. As long as everyone works together as a team it will work. The co-workers at heartland are great, safety and caring is everyone's goal so when you need a helping hand we are all glad to help one another. The hardest part of the job is caring for somebody who passes on. You grow a bond with the people you care for, so it is always heartbreaking to see somebody pass. Working in this field is rewarding and enjoyable because you get to help people get better and make them happy and healthy.
Fun place to work
Lead Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMarch 31, 2015
I loved what I did, being around patients and the type of work I did. I learned managerial responsibilities and leadership qualities. Very busy productive job, but very rewarding working and helping the patients.
Pros
Working with patients, flexibility of schedule for appointments or childcare issues
Productive fun place to work
Medical Unit Secretary/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2015
very fast pace place work environment
dharting, keeping up with medical records, making residents MD appts
please see my resume for more
Pros
day goes fast
Cons
short breaks
Challenging work opportunity and great learning experience.
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 27, 2014
A typical day involved reviewing all new admissions to insure all required work had been done. Visiting all patients to make sure that all had no complaints or, if necessary, resolution of those complaints.

I learned a great deal about regulations for nursing care on that level, risk management concerns, and interacting with people of different cultural backgrounds.

Management was supportive and generally encouraging.

Co-workers were hard working and supportive of my role.

The most difficult part of the job was disciplining co-workers.

The most enjoyable part was the interaction with patients.
A nice nurseing home. Careing and Compashionate Peole
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 26, 2013
I would go in and get my assignment pass my linen and start patient care on my residents that included anywhere form being a total wash up or shower and dress to an assist with these things. Passed breakfast trays and picked up, finished patient care. Did vital signs and charted rounds every 2 hrs to toilet and check on patient to make sure they don't need anything, made beds and tidy up rooms
Pros
fast pace, set scedual, home at night, pay was better
Cons
not always team work, sometimes it was hard to get someone to help you or get mangemnet to help
Well worth the Wait!
Case Manager RN (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WaJuly 7, 2013
Ok...First the Good...Great Admin and Director...Positive and Well organized..and BOTH HARD WORKING and my Two supervisors are amazing. This Team stands behind what they TALK...and is about not only about the patient but the EMPLOYEE! The support Staff is great..They are always on top of things and very helpful!

The Bad...Well pay is decent but not Hospital wages so dont expect that but its VERY Reasonable ...but you will end up making as much as you need if you like to do admits...Like I do...My Boss takes his time in hiring people...He likes to find the right people that will stay...So be prepared not to Start in a week or two more like a Month or more..but its so worth it!
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
not many at all
Radiology
Radiologu (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph Heartland EastFebruary 27, 2013
I had worked several positions at heartland in St Joseph Missouri.
This employer says they treat thier employees with RESPECT but don't. They want to work as few employees as possible in any department and squeeze them like a turnip. Then pay them WAY WAY WAY below the national average. Example: radiologic technologists at Heartland get paid $15.70 on average starting out. However the national average for the Midwest is $20.00 per hour plus all benefits. Heartland is a Monopley big time in the area. I would not work there and abused by management as well as poor healthcare. Infact I go to Kansas City.
Pros
nothing
Cons
read my comment
A fun and progressing place to work.
Bath Aide (Current Employee) –  Lucasville, OHMay 11, 2012
I drive two hundred plus miles per day and do five baths. I experienced working with the public in their homes and giving care to their personal needs. I manage and organize each visit to their homes by making appts. the night before and filing paper work. I stay in contact with my co-workers by cell phone. I report to the office by conference calls every morning and evening. The hardest part of my job is discharging patients, and having them passaway. I enjoy meeting the new patients and their families and the interest of their care. My job is very important to me.
Pros
i gross .45 cents per mile, i make points towards days off.
Cons
bathroom breaks are few and far between, i drive miles with nowhere to use the rest room.
A good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMay 1, 2014
Working At Heartland health Care was an good job. I really enjoyed working with the residents. We had a good staff that worked together who had the same goal and thats was caring for are residents. The overrall rating is not correct. I was trying to give Heartland health care a 3 because overall the dedication and team work was great
Pros
transportation was provided
Cons
short staff
great coworkers
Access representative (Former Employee) –  st joseph, moAugust 25, 2014
working in er was always non stop and on the go. never a dull moment. learned new things in the environment from terminology to watching doctor do stitches. was able to get along with everyone i worked with and never and problems.
Pros
nights went by fast and always enjoyed being there
Cons
seeing people you know come in
Loved the job but the managment was very poor
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMay 7, 2013
I enjoyed working at heartland the residents were great and enjoyed every minute you spent with them. My co-workers were also nice worked well together and got things done the right way. What i didnt like was the poor managment and low staff which casues things to not be done the right way.
Pros
great residents
Cons
poor management
Not the best place to work in health care!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MissouriFebruary 24, 2013
As a former 6 year employee who worked in various departments i can say that this is not a good place to work. Upper management is very dishonest. Hourly employees are paid very low wages. While salaried employees enjoy very high wages and yearly bonuses. There is no policy in place that protects an employee's rights. A Heartland employee is unable to answer any allegations that are made against them by supervisors or other employees. The employee is considered guilty and fired at will. There are alot of lawsuits against heartland from former empoyees check your Missouri Court system. If you are outspoken and can think for yourself than this is not the place for you. If you do what you are told and never complain no matter what than this is the perfect place for you.
Pros
the best food in the cafeteria.
Cons
low pay for hourly employees.