Heartland Healthcare Services Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and slow
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 17, 2016
I would walk up and down aisles to fill prescriptions for certain homes and specific patients. I would than have to separate the drugs into two different baskets, than go to sort and file and scan the drugs into the correct tote.
Safe and productive enviornment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2015
Safe work-environment with potential of having a well established management team to educate staff members about the importance of long-term care.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
understaffed
Pharmacy/Phone Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 26, 2015
Heartland was such a great learning experience for me. For it being my first "big girl" job it was so cool learning different medications and what they were used for. The management could be better, I felt it was more of a friends and family work place and some but not all of the managers had favorites. I've met a lot of nice people working there and my co-workers were so helpful.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
no overtime
Productive work environment that serviced long term care facilities
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 30, 2015
I worked on the evening shift, which was from 3:30 pm -12 am. Each evening began with a routine of filling refills for each of the nursing homes that we serviced. Accuracy was very important so each order had its own Rx # and it was scanned to the proper tote manually. After the refills were complete, which consisted of about 500 orders, the new admissions would come in. During down time I would assist with IV preparations, or fill scripts in the narcotic room. I was also responsible for prepackaging any medications that were running low in our "fast movers" area. "Fast movers were medications that were commonly ordered and for easier accessibility they would be prepacked into quantities of 30 and 60. Team work was very important because everyone contributed their own part to a successful evening and the nursing homes receiving their orders on time. I also enjoyed working alongside my pharmacists because they were very knowledgeable and were not afraid to pass on their knowledge. At this job I was able to master my skills and offered the company a productive part to its whole operation.
Pros
great job stability, great colleagues
Cons
Great company to move up in
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 5, 2015
Started out as a maintenance worker my boss gave me a chance to move up and I took it. Always doing things for it's employees. Great company to work for
terrible company
pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 31, 2013
Everyone is related to someone. The only way you get in is if u know some one or through a temp agency. It is really an unethical place to work. The amount of work for the amount of pay u receive is not worth it. Worst place I've ever worked in life. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy work there.
Pros
time goes by fast because you are busy
Cons
management
productive and quiet
Medicare Part B Billing Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 4, 2014
If you like hard work, this is the place for you.
I was able to work my way from the pharmacy side to the billing side of things.
Heartland is not afraid to promote from within, and will teach you everything you need to know.
Flexable
POS Biller (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 14, 2013
I really enjoyed the 2 plus years I worked here. My co-workers where very few, I worked 2nd shift by myself for most of the two years I worked here. The hardest part of the job was not having a go to person ever when there may have been a problem.
Pros
would work around your schedule as best they could
Cons
no advancement
Desk/Computer work
Data Entry Technician (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 4, 2013
We receive orders written by doctors and nurses from all the Manor Care and OmniCare nursing faciltiy. Upon receiving orders we, data entry techs, enter the orders to be processed. The hardest part of the job is maintaing the average of 60 orders per hour with a very low error rate.
Busy private pharmacy
IV Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Toledo OhioApril 21, 2013
Making IV medications is a great job. I enjoy it alot. I have learned alot of compromise skills in person and on the phone with clients. I find the environment to be a challenge some days to function at a peak level.
Eh
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 28, 2014
they don't care about their employees or their families no room for advancement unless you have a relative in a management position
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
poor company
filling technician (Current Employee) –  Woodridge ILOctober 14, 2014
Management horrible people don't care about employees selfish company
Pharmacy Technician / EDK Technician (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 13, 2014
I work with the best co-workers, work keeps you busy all day, and I always learn something new everyday.
Good job
IV Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 21, 2013
It is fast paced & challenging. It is a combination of order entry, answering phones, making medications and packaging medications for transport. An ok place to work.
Working at Heartland
Triage Technician (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 24, 2014
A typical day at work would be processing around 50-60 prescriptions a day.
Data Entry tech - warning
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 26, 2014
I worked as a data entry tech...the only Black worker in my department. No one talked to me (except other black employees), very clickish and childish, the supervisor is in the main one so nothing that these employees did was wrong.

I was late and/had emergency call-offs just as much as anyone else in the office did. I made efforts to make up time and even work over to show that I wanted to be there. But it didn't matter because I wasn't "in" with the rest.

The work load can get crazy, people (especially the other females) will stab you in the back constantly if they don't like you, the pay SUCKS, nothing it's ever fully explained to you...I guess they ASSUME you're supposed to just GET IT? But if you ask the supervisor for additional help, she'll make it known via body language, huffs and puffs that she's irritated that your bothering her?

I recommend you stay away from this place, unless you like kissing people's butt to fit in and make your work environment tolerable to say the least. I was there for a year and a half and I am SO GLAD to be gone. If you're unemployed, TRUST ME, skip this job. Better will come along.
Pros
early mornings are very slow, popcorn fridays
Cons
1 break, clicks, catty talkative irritating blabbing women all day
busy
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 3, 2012
high phone volume, but organized system. Everyone works together to get things done.
A typical day of Hardwork, Dedication.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 14, 2013
On a typical day, I get to work five minutes early and set up my table to check emergency drug kits to make sure they are clean, and have the right drugs in the right spots. These boxes have 2-4 trays in each box and must have correct dates showing visibly on each tray. Each tray has about 30 drugs. I typically check about 30 boxes a day. It is also a responsibility that these boxes get sent to the right homes. This is called "outgoing" and each of us are assigned a day to do it.

The biggest thing I learned about this job is attention to detail. You must be very precise and careful about the drugs you put in, and make sure they are the right drug, strength and right amount of medication.

Management is great, and they push you to do your very best, while being able to also have fun at the same time.

Co-workers are one of the best parts about the job. We are all good friends and can work and get along with minimal problems.

The hardest part of the job is also the biggest thing I learned. While it is easy after awhile to see the strengths, dates and types of medication, it was the hardest part of the job because it is so tedious.

The most enjoyable part of the job is paperwork. It is primarily my job to file the paperwork at the end of the day because I am the only one who enjoys it. Paperwork involves sorting through what the patients used in the boxes and putting them in mailboxes to send back to the homes to verify.
Pros
popcorn fridays, good friends.
Cons
no windows