Heartland Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Unskilled managers
Team Leader Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 8, 2018
It's a good place to work at depending on what department you're in. Advancement is given based on seniority and there tends to be some favoritism. Managers are hired based on their technical and statistical records without factoring their emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills that impact their staff and relationships among employees. working hours vary and sometimes they force the schedule on you.
Busy fast paced workplace
An awesome employee (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 13, 2018
This pharmacy is very busy and fast paced and when one dept isn't busy there is always another dept to help out. Team work is good. Friendly Co workers.
Pros
Can learn multiple depts, friendly people, bonus at end of the year, sick time payout at end of year, pharmacy week in October is awesome, fun things happen year round like safety bingo, trail mix day, pot lucks, Easter egg hunts, movie tickets on your anniversary
Cons
Call outs from depts that leave the pharmacy short handed
low stress
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 16, 2017
Ok place to work, pay is not great. A lot of driving involved and treat as though I am on call all the time. Lack of educational opportunities. Pt load is tolerable
Detail and maintaining constant education
Order Entry Clerk/Pharmacy Services (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 12, 2017
Medical technology and ability to preform multiple functions at a time is a must. Details and time management are crucial to the ability to perform tasks. Quick math skills pertaining to all types of prescriptions is a must.
great work place
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2017
It was a great place and fun company to work for. I enjoyed coming to a job where you was treated with respect and always encouraged to be better. I support them.
More focused on income
RN Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 30, 2017
There was a higher drive for company income than a focus on patient needs and satisfaction. As a nurse, I would have rather seen a stronger patient focus.
Great people. Great place to work
IT (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 16, 2017
I have worked here for 13 years. The work can be demanding at times but the management is great and the people are friendly. The work is interesting and challenging every day. They do frequent employee appreciation events.
Pros
Great management. Great people. Great work environment.
cool
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMay 4, 2017
well i didn't work here i did my internship and it was cool they show me a lot the area it was in it was mostly Spanish people but they told me if i did speak it they would've give me a position
Great place to work. CIC department.
CIC Tech (Current Employee) –  Toledo OhioApril 22, 2017
Started on 2nd shift was able to go to first shift and was promoted twice. Supportive supervisor and upper management. Wages are comparable to other companies. I had excellent training and that training has continued. CIC department is responsible for working rejected claims by contacting insurance companies for authorization and sending notices to the facilities if a medication is not going to be covered.
Pros
Flexible. Understanding that sometimes life happens and you need to have your schedule adjusted.
Cons
Loved the Job but left for a better salary.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 7, 2017
Did a lot of billing and overtime on billings on Fridays. Was a good job but left for more salary. Was not a bad company.My co-workers were so nice there!
Pros
Loved the people I worked with!
Cons
n/a
Friendly Coworkers and Good Management
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 5, 2017
Newer to the company but so far everyone has been inviting and welcoming. It is a fair and honest work environment and feels like home! Many benefits are offered and pay is competitive. There is also room for growth.
Worst Place I Ever Worked For!
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  4755 South Avenue, Toledo, OH 43615March 24, 2017
I worked at Heartland Healthcare Services on South Avenue in Toledo, OH, but am glad to be out of there. Unless you had a relative or knew someone at Heartland Healthcare Services you were treated like dirt. I saw that certain targeted employees were not allowed to take their lunches as instructed by management and not even allowed to take their bathroom break without being harass by management or co-workers who belong to an exclusive click for leaving their desk.

Training is very poor and unorganized, any questions you had were not answered and due to the click-like employee environment co-workers that didn't belong to a click were isolated and weren't included in any of their day-to-day conversations.

Management expected their employees to get a ridiculous volume of work completed in a short amount of time on an obsolete billing system that crashed and was down more often than it was up.

Worst of all, was the fact that work environment was so hostile, management and nurses didn't care about the patient's needs but only about the monetary benefits for them and the company.

No wonder Heartland Healthcare Services has trouble recruiting good employees to work at their facilities and service centers!!!
Pros
Cons
Just about everything.
Control room technician
Control room technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 29, 2017
Terrible place to work.co- worker not friendly I can give this company a 0 star. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work this place heartland healthcare allentown specially control room technician.
Pros
No free food
Cons
30 minutes break
Overall, management is unorganized
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 10, 2017
Management is unorganized and will change your schedule without telling you. Severely understaffed and not properly compensated for the amount of work you're required to complete. Also, the nurses are not understanding when it comes to teamwork, and are unwilling to help when needed.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
High patient to CNA ratio, hard to work with nurses, not flexible scheduling
fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 15, 2016
it was a really good job but they are so demanding that when it snowed and you couldn't get out they still wanted u there that was my problem with them
Pros
caring people
Cons
snow
Productive work but no room for advancement and terrible management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 27, 2016
If I could give this place a 0 I would. On a normal day on the fill floor, you print the labels and go up and down aisles of prescription pills of all kinds. (preboxed, hazardous, housestock, etc) even non-sterile compounds are prepared by the fill floor techs. Everything you fill has a location on it and the label goes on the box or bag, etc. and into a basket. Once the basket is full it then gets checked by the pharmacist. Then gets sorted into different baskets, handed back to fill floor techs to then be scanned to different homes' totes to then be closed at the end of the shift to be sent to the nursing homes. Best part of the day was pushing the totes to the shipping dock and leaving for the day.

This place is a joke, though! The amount of work you do for such little pay is ridiculous. Other pharmacies in the area pay much more for less work. The health benefits are a joke too and they're super expensive, unless you're rich and don't care about price. But, a single mom of 2 can't afford the joke of a healthcare this company provides or lack there of. Only way to guarantee your way into the company is if you know somebody or through a temp agency. The managers play favorites and not all rules apply to everyone across the board. There is no way to switch your schedule to accommodate family here either. The room for advancement was a lie. I've watched them hire someone off the street before considering another employee for a position they applied for because they don't want to move anyone from the fill floor because they didn't want to train anyone new all over again. Don't
  more... go with this company, there are better ones out there, seriously!  less
Pros
Guaranteed 40 hours, always able to take breaks
Cons
Poor management, terrible healthcare, lack of job advancement, too little pay
Productive and slow
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 17, 2016
I would walk up and down aisles to fill prescriptions for certain homes and specific patients. I would than have to separate the drugs into two different baskets, than go to sort and file and scan the drugs into the correct tote.
easy job with alot of walking. co-workers were ok.
PHARMACY TECH (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 30, 2015
Got along with my co-workers and supervisor. Did not like the fact that we were certified only through heartland. Supervisor took up for her department and showed appreciation, but the company did not show enough recognition and bonuses were horrible.
Pros
could take your breaks when you decided.
Cons
insurance was not affortable.
Productive work environment that serviced long term care facilities
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 30, 2015
I worked on the evening shift, which was from 3:30 pm -12 am. Each evening began with a routine of filling refills for each of the nursing homes that we serviced. Accuracy was very important so each order had its own Rx # and it was scanned to the proper tote manually. After the refills were complete, which consisted of about 500 orders, the new admissions would come in. During down time I would assist with IV preparations, or fill scripts in the narcotic room. I was also responsible for prepackaging any medications that were running low in our "fast movers" area. "Fast movers were medications that were commonly ordered and for easier accessibility they would be prepacked into quantities of 30 and 60. Team work was very important because everyone contributed their own part to a successful evening and the nursing homes receiving their orders on time. I also enjoyed working alongside my pharmacists because they were very knowledgeable and were not afraid to pass on their knowledge. At this job I was able to master my skills and offered the company a productive part to its whole operation.
Pros
great job stability, great colleagues
Safe and productive enviornment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2015
Safe work-environment with potential of having a well established management team to educate staff members about the importance of long-term care.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
understaffed