Heartland Payment Systems Employee Reviews

Great company with a family atmosphere
Payroll (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 24, 2016
I've had a great experience working for Heartland. My managers have always been incredibly dedicated and helpful! My peers around me are respectful, hard working and incredibly fun! We work hard to get our jobs done, but we work together as a team and enjoy the time doing it. There is room for advancement and a lot of great perks to working for Heartland! Come check us out!!
Pros
Great Vacation package, benefits on first day of employment, great team
The only good thing about this company is the vacation.
Senior Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 4, 2016
Horrible company .. do not apply here, I repeat do not apply here. Over worked and underpaid. You have too much to do in your 8 hour workday. Plus you have to cover Co workers inbox and workload when they call in. You have to be on phones que also. All clients are unhappy and leaving the company. Horrible benefits. You get a bill when you go to the doctor. Revolving door employees are leaving left and right just like the clients. Take my advice run Forest run..
Pros
Vacation time is giving up front
Cons
Over worked and underpaid..
Micro Managed
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  New HampshireJune 8, 2016
If you want a job that is highly micromanaged and they want to know your every move this is the job for you! The company itself is a great company, the products are great and the customer service is great, however, the management team is horrible! You want to be put down, called names, and belittled in front of your team then this is also the place to work. No help, unless it's the end of the month and it's all based on the DM when she wants to help you.
Need to send in daily pipelines, have end of day calls plus calls with you TM. This job is Micro-managed big time.
Pros
flexible schedule, meet great people
Cons
Micro-Managed, Horrible Managemnt
NOC Analyst
o Network Support Analyst (NOC) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 21, 2015
Day shift starts at 7 am. Take turnover from night shift on previous nights events and any current events that need to be engaged in. Monitoring for any problems taking phone calls for any issues. 9:00 Operations meeting to discuss previous days High priority tickets. Monitoring networks, servers, file transfers, CICS regions and internal and external websites. Working trouble tickets through the day. Possible high Priority 1 or 2 incidents that require conference calls for engaging support for trouble shooting. Daily 15:00 Change Management meetings. Prepare turnover through out the day to turn over to night shift to take over
Pros
HSA account
Cons
no growth for career path. Not a true ITIL shop.
Good ongoing training webinars
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
This was a door to door or cold sales type role in an industry which has some negativity. This was just not my cup of tea. I enjoy relationship management/account management type selling or being a sales manager.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential and residual
Cons
Cold calling and door to door in a industry with some negativity
Nice Campus
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INNovember 23, 2014
The campus is very nice with an on-site day care center, a gym, and cafe. Very corporate environment. Work/Life balance is extremely poor even for those in management. The amount of micro managing you receive depends on your supervisor. There are lots of seat moves and supervisor moves to deal with. The start out pay is pretty decent, but the raises are small. The insurance is a high deductible plan. Over the past 5 years the incentives have been slowly taken away from both the customer service representatives and the managers. They do have a degree program that is free but your schedule must accomodate the class schedule.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
work / life balance and insurance
very good job, interesting days and calls, very fast paced
Customer Advocate/Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 10, 2015
Heartland upper management is not consistent and training often wasn't given before the product release and often caused miscommunication with merchants and sales teams. I did enjoy the multi tasking and different calls, healthcare was excellent along with other benefits such as a free gym and onsite child care.
Pros
cafeteria, free gym, onsite childcare, benefits
Cons
mismanaged
I would not work for this company.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 5, 2016
The Office Administrator is very unprofessional. She does not approve of promotion for her own team. That is why I had left.
Pleasant Work Environment and Growing Business
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 7, 2015
This company is frequently breaking ground in new industries. Top level management is excellent.

Inside the office, most employees will work in a team environment. I've worked on a couple different teams within the Plano office, and it's a very pleasant working environment. The new office building is fantastic, with a touch of modern here and there to help relax the work atmosphere. Jeans and polo are the typical wear for a normal workday, plus we have casual Fridays on top of that.

I've never met a Heartland Employee that I disliked. Employees are friendly and hard working, with pretty clear communication between different management levels. They're fun getting to know, and there are plenty of social opportunities to enjoy their company.

The only negatives of Heartland come from its ever changing corporate strategy, but these seem like they will be short-lived.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, occasional free food events, excellent employee culture
Cons
Some corporate shifting causes a few procedural uncertainties
Great learning experience of the Merchant Services industry
Merchant Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 30, 2015
Establishing leads, attending networking events and client visits were a typical day. I learned to sell merchant service products to merchants based on their business needs. I didn't have the opportunity to work with co-workers as our manager did not bring us together often. The hardest part of the job was missing the opportunity to collaborate with the team. The hardest part of the job was missed opportunities based on competitive pricing. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping merchants understand how to read their merchant billing statement.
Pros
Benefits and incentive perks
Cons
Merchant cancelled services then commission would have to be paid back to company
Stressful but challenging
Senior Underwriting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJune 11, 2013
Stressful department atmosphere with time constraints and pressure from management and sales representatives to help meet sales goals. My co-workers are stressed as well which effects the team oriented atmosphere that we are supposed to be working in which adds to the tension and stress at work. More incentives and less micro-managing for a salary position would promote trust and lighter work atmosphere. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep up with the time constraints while our hardware and software either goes down or slows down. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing my manager understands we have families and the need for a balance between work and life. I also enjoy knowing I have completed my due diligence in assisting a sales representative meet their sales goals for the month.
Pros
child care, dress down, fitness center
Cons
limited advancement, limited incentives
Work directly with great people, work for lacking management
Application Architect (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 16, 2015
I really enjoy and respect the people I work with. They are talented, driven, and do whatever it takes to get the job done. It can be frustrating, however, to work for a management structure that doesn't seem to value the experience and/or input of its employees, or never gives them credit for bringing time-proven ideas to the table. Too much responsibility is placed at the management level such that lower level managers and development staff aren't able to contribute to the process, and when they do their ideas are largely discounted.
There is lots of freedom as a developer, the pay is very competitive, the hours are flexible, but there is little in the way of personal training or development offered.
Pros
work with great colleagues, great pay
Cons
work for lacking managers, no training offered
Call center rep ,,,robinson twp 2015
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAApril 4, 2016
Paid $13.00 an hour , training was very bad several trainers supervisors not helpful ..Don't waste your time. They hire and fire it was not a good feeling.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Don't apply
Commitment to work/life balance and employee advancement
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 3, 2015
Heartland cares about its commitment to its employees and customers as much, if not more, than any company in business today. Its ethical standards are second to none, and its sales commission plan is outstanding.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Some lines of business are in need of more marketing support.
you have some that are thrilled about being at heartland but most are miserable...sorry just true
customer service (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 4, 2015
Cons
*very very low raises
*managers enjoy office gossip more then employees
*majority of the work force is related or grew up together
*very few managers are not related to someone else or are childhood friends with other managers
*systems go down regularly
*very short staffed
*to get a management position you are not required to be knowledgeable of what you are supposed to assist other with
*calls are non stop and management is playing jokes on each other
*insurance has a 3k co-pay in network 6k out of network
*they do offer free college for either an associates in business administration or bachelors for free if you want to take 7 years to get it. 4 yrs for the associate and another 3 for the bachelors so 7 years total
*surveys showed that the level of satisfaction was extremely low so they had a hiring freeze and starting letting people go
*they fight every unemployment case even when they are wrong
*every thing you do is questioned and you have to justify it
*you will have no one to stand by any decision you make no matter how long you have been with the company.
*management approval is needed for the stupidest of things
*they say your not micromanaged but you are to the nth degree
*when one manager tells you to do something they don'e tell the other and you still get in trouble until they figure it out.
Pros
*they have a free gym, really nice one as well
*basketball court
*grills to cook out
My overall view
*there are a lot of amazing people that work at heartland, and it used to be a great place to work, but now I have to be honest and say it is
  more... just another job that offers more stress then is worth the pay. They used to teach you more and give you a limit of authority and now if you actually want to resolve something you have to get permission. Also most teams are trained to just transfer the calls until the person on the line is mad. If you want to have zero value you should work for heartland, one day your the favorite and your great then if something is questioned you are under a bus. Everyone points the finger instead of addressing the real issues, and quite simply that is the new culture, no one getting anything done.  less
Great place to work in a highly positive environment.
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJanuary 6, 2016
Finest company that I ever worked for. It was the first time that I ever felt that the employer didn't have ceiling on what I could earn.
It was the most honest and integrous company that one could ever hope to work for. I love If selling the best product on the market. How do you present the 2nd best?
nice place to work for
Business Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville INJune 9, 2015
Enjoyed working in a state of the art facility. Management was great and the company as a whole was a great. i enjoyed working a supervisor , i was able to lead a team of 20 co-workers whom they shared their talent, skills and their passion.
Pros
Great benifits
Great People, Culture, and Compensation
Director, Data Center Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 1, 2015
The people are top-notch, sometimes difficult to move up in the organization, but overall a great place to work. Company not adverse to change or new technologies. The environment is sometimes challenging, but always manageable.
Pros
great culture and compensation
Cons
benefits are lacking
there are plenty of opportunities not here
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 30, 2012
Have fun working for a company that expects you to bring in a quota of revenue for them on a commission only basis. This is fine if the quota levels and support to achieve them did not constantly change. They do offer insurance benefits, of course you do contribute. No loyalty. They change management and their salesforce on whims. Worked there for 7 years and do not know 1 person still employed by them. You are on your own. No base,car allowance, cell phone, perks or reasonable awards for a job well done. No vacation days, in fact was always encouraged to not take any vacation days if my quota was not met. There are plenty of opportunities out there. This is not a good choice.
Pros
the salaried staff hired for tech support a plus group
Cons
their breach turned them into a greedy, desperate, disloyal and confused bunch of corporate bozos
Good company- tough job
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  CalironiaJuly 17, 2014
Heartland is a great company in the merchant services space where there are hundreds of not so great ISOs harassing the same merchants for their business. Very competitive and cut throat industry- but Heartland is a winner for most of the merchants with lots of products to cross sell.
For the sales reps- it can be great if you have some good connections and dont mind pressure, but demands are high and the job can be quite stressful for a commission only job with no paid expenses.
Pros
good products, service and technology- good reputation- direct processor
Cons
poor compensation and a noose too many conference calls

2.6