Heartland Payment Systems

Heartland Payment Systems Employee Reviews

Great learning experience of the Merchant Services industry
Merchant Services Consultant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits and incentive perks
Cons: Merchant cancelled services then commission would have to be paid back to company
Establishing leads, attending networking events and client visits were a typical day. I learned to sell merchant service products to merchants based on their business needs. I didn't have the opportunity to work with co-workers as our manager did not bring us together often. The hardest part of the job was missing the opportunity to collaborate with the team. The hardest part of the job was missed opportunities based on competitive pricing. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping merchants understand how to read their merchant billing statement.
Not a good place to work
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INMarch 25, 2015
Pros: a third of the co-workers are nice
Cons: the other 75% are back stabbers
Typical day at Heartland, back stabbing, management is rude and not helpful. There are only a few people you can rely on.
Overall good company with great values
Outside B2B Sales/ Relationship Manager (Current Employee), ARMarch 19, 2015
Heartland payments was a good place to work with plenty of opportunity for any self starter. Commission only sales is sometimes stressful.
Gained valuable experience
Junior Developer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 18, 2015
Pros: worked out our own pace
Cons: bad communication
School project to familiarize ourselves with the four steps to system design: Plan, Analyze, Create, Implement. We created a website for KickOff4Kids to help with one of their after school programs. Unfortunately our website was not chosen but I gained valuable experience in systems analysis and design.
Work directly with great people, work for lacking management
Application Architect (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: work with great colleagues, great pay
Cons: work for lacking managers, no training offered
I really enjoy and respect the people I work with. They are talented, driven, and do whatever it takes to get the job done. It can be frustrating, however, to work for a management structure that doesn't seem to value the experience and/or input of its employees, or never gives them credit for bringing time-proven ideas to the table. Too much responsibility is placed at the management level such that lower level managers and development staff aren't able to contribute to the process, and when they do their ideas are largely discounted.
There is lots of freedom as a developer, the pay is very competitive, the hours are flexible, but there is little in the way of personal training or development offered.
Excellent company to work for
FP&A Analyst II (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 10, 2015
Tech company which has experienced rapid expansion in the last few years.

Management and co-workers make it an enjoyable place to come in and work everyday.

New high tech building and location in the heart of Plano with plenty of options to run for a quick bite.
Productive and team player
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSMarch 8, 2015
A senior developer with more than 18 years of professional experience in designing, programming, and developing large scale software applications with the ability to manage complex software development projects by applying leadership, software engineering and software lifecycle techniques. An IT professional who employs communication and technical skills to design and implement web applications and enterprise services using proven technologies, emerging programming languages and frameworks with specific focus on enterprise application development involving J2EE architecture. I enjoy mentoring other developers about new and effective software development techniques and methodologies.
Great Financial freedom opportunity
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: excellent sales compensation and portfolio packages.
Cons: high pressure sales
Great company to work for, own hours, self-discipline a must, excellent sales compensation and portfolio package. Could not come to terms with Managment.
Great People, Culture, and Compensation
Director, Data Center Infrastructure (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great culture and compensation
Cons: benefits are lacking
The people are top-notch, sometimes difficult to move up in the organization, but overall a great place to work. Company not adverse to change or new technologies. The environment is sometimes challenging, but always manageable.
Great Environment
Boarding Advocate/Team West (Current Employee), Jeffersonville, INFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great people
Great place to work, lots of Employees benefits. café, fitness center, onsite daycare. Very flexible with scheduling and it is 24/7, so all shifts are available.
Great Job! Bad Management.
JR Network Support Analyst (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: cafeteria, day care, gym, all on site.
Cons: horrible management team.
This is a fantastic place to work with many opportunities to move around and explore your career path. The management team is a very difficult crowd to engage. Very hard to escalate any issues you may have.
Great Culture but shifting management
Senior Enterprise Project Manager (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: culture, gym.
Cons: nepotism, changing management
Heartland has a great open culture that is relaxed and friendly. Management has recently changes to wall street guys and they are making changes to cut costs.
Operations Support Technician
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Plano, TexasFebruary 8, 2015
Provide support of production systems and transmit multi-million dollar production files to associations like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Key Bank, Heartland Bank, and Wells Fargo.
Diagnosis and resolution of high impact production issues due to automated script processes, network issues, server issues, etc.
Analysis of Network issues and emergency escalation to proper departments for resolution.
Troubleshoot & escalate application/network issues with credit card terminals
Facilitate company wide bridge calls between certain departments to bring resolution to production problems.
A fun place to work
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no local advertising
The company was great to work for. They let the employees do their work, and did not micromanage. My manager was great to work for.
W2 Multi Level Marketing Company
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Princeton NJFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: entry-level, no salary, no benefits unless you make money, not enough training... unrealistic expectations.
This opportunity is great for someone who is retired and killing time while working on the field trying to prove him or herself to the organization or just graduated out of college and wants to learn business sales. This job is certainly not for the seasoned professional with an education.
credit card processor sales
Credit Card Processor (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJanuary 8, 2015
Sell credit card processing systems to merchants. Cold calling and very persuasive sales approach necessary. 100 % commission based pay.
Nice place to work with good culture
Sr .Net Developer (Current Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Very good environment to enhance our skills under supporting management.
Can't Trust Your Manager
Relationship Sales Manager (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSDecember 21, 2014
Pros: was able to claim unemployment when they fired me
Cons: no future in sales here - backstabbing sales mentality
I worked for Heartland as a Relationship Manager and from day one was told not to seek out sales from some of the most promising local companies in my area.

After I cultivated several large potential accounts from my reservoir of sales contacts, my territory manager fired me before I could close the sales and within a few months went back and claimed the sales. These were very large accounts that would have vested me in short order.

Lots of redundant training and paperwork. This company is all about the home office and not about the sales force.
Terrible company to work for
DIRECTOR OF SALES / NATIONAL ACCOUNTS DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Princeton, NJDecember 16, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: healthcare, hr, management, senior leadership
I truly learned very little at Heartland. They don't know how to teach, train and develop their employees. Specifically, Robinson Moore and Tim McKenna are amongst the worst managers I've ever had the displeasure of working with.

Heartland has no idea how to build a National Account Team. I worked with many talented individuals on the National Accounts team, but they've almost had 100% turnover because we were all treated very poorly.

Management at Heartland is ridiculously immature. No one truly understands how to manager their employees and the company doesn't set any standards or consistent training protocols to develop talented sales people.
HR Internship
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee), Jeffersonville, INNovember 25, 2014
Good company to work for, not a lot of work for me to do. Good people, good company, very stable. If this were a full time position I think I would've loved it. Typical day was mostly administrative functions such as answer the phone, filling out workman's comp paper work. I have several small projects to complete while I was here. None of them really took that long. However you will learn a decent amount about HRIS while here.

1 2 3 4 5

About Heartland Payment Systems

Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing, gift marketing and loyalty programs, – Read more

Heartland Payment Systems Salaries