Heartland Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

patient service rep
clinic manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 16, 2015
I learned a great deal about healthcare and the registration, insurance and customer service skills. It was a great learned expeience and they are a great employer.
productive great place to work
Environmental Services worker (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILNovember 5, 2015
provide the best customer care, have a productive day always do what is best for patients.my enjoyable part of the day is seeing satisfied patient and family, never really have a hard day always at work to do my job.
Pros
team players
Cons
no over time
Best coworkers I have ever had!
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 28, 2015
So many experiences learned. Really lit the fuse to want me to continues in health care. Amazing leaders and people really cared about how you were and what your goals were. Truly miss working with the people that were there.
Pros
coworkers rocked!
Cons
it ended
disfunctional organization
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 16, 2015
policies and guidelines needs to be xhanged too mnay peopleco-works not very pleasntable at least in my department not really anything nioce to say about this company just my opinipon just there getting a check until I fond my job I ujst graduated
benefits
Cons
lots of work
Great Benefits
Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMarch 23, 2015
Register patients that came in to the ER. Loved the people I worked with! Hardest part was working nights, and dealing with mad patients when asking for copays.
laboratory technician
Medical laboratory Techinician (Former Employee) –  marion IlFebruary 12, 2015
The laboratory is understaffed, not regulated, with staff who are underqualified to perform excellence. Worst lab I ever stepped foot in.
Pros
easy commute
Cons
understaffed, low pay, laboratory staff not experienced
Good people to work with
Registered Nurse Medical Surgical Floor (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Met a lot of new people that turned into great friendships and learned many nursing skills, that have helped in my new job opportunities.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILDecember 19, 2014
The days are very busy for a Unit Secretary, Busy phone lines transcribing orders etc
Employees are great, but under staffed.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILNovember 10, 2014
Working second shift or third shift you were normally alone dealing with outpatients, E.R, pediatrics, ICU, and third floor by yourself.
Would be a great place to work if they paid better and had more staffing.
Pros
health benifits
Cons
short breaks, understaffed.
Good company
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MoOctober 30, 2014
Growing and expanding. Now known as Mosiac Life Care. Company mission is admirable.

Want to know more about Heartland Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILOctober 27, 2014
Everything you've heard is most likely true. Recently, CHS (HRMC included) settled for over 83 million dollars for CMS (Medicare/Medicaid) abuse. They are also mandated to have an appointed 'watch dog' over them for a period of time. Their billing is now outsourced. Almost all of the executive administration is turned over (again). It absolutely amazes me this facility is still open after so many sentinel events.
Pros
the facility is newly built & has a brand new icu
Cons
i wouldn't even let an enemy go to this facilty. there are to many cons to count.
Productive and busy work place helping patient's.
Radiologic Technologist (Full time) (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 6, 2014
I currently work as a radiology technologist and patient care tech. Our clinic sees around 90+ patients daily. We see anything from sore throats, broken extremities, and heart attacks. I work with a very diverse group of people that has great teamwork. I get to see many diffrent disease processes and learn new things all the time with my job. The hardest part of my job is the late hours since we can't leave until everybody in the building is see. The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling of accomplishment when taking care of my patients and helping them feel better.
Pros
taking care of people, co workers, teamwork
Cons
short breaks, late hours, short staffing
Dietetic Intern, Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILAugust 18, 2014
Good people to work with and great benefits. The management really seems to care about the employees.
benefits
Daily review
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOApril 3, 2014
A typical shift consists of interrupting heart strips at 8 pm and 2 am.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
high stress
Fast paced work environment
Internships/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 10, 2014
A typical day at Heartland would consist of visiting with patients and offering them social services. We would go in and talk to them and see if they needed access to social services, and if they needed help getting a hold of agencies. I was able to learn about how important networking is in the field of social work. It is really important to know people and what they do within the community. Considering that this was just an internship for me, I do not really know much about management; I just followed around my practicum/internship supervisor. The hardest part of the job would probably have to be listening to some of the stories that came up. It is hard to listen to some of the things that have happened to people. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that my supervisor was very easy to work with. She was easy to relate to which made the hard times a little easier.
Innovative.
Behavioral Health Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MODecember 8, 2013
Great company that promotes growth within.
Forward thinking.
Rewarding Job
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 19, 2013
Everyday is something new. It is an enjoyable rewarding job. A typical day has its ups and downs from busy to steady paced. You also learn constantly. You are given learning activities all the time from BLS to Work at School. The hardest part of my job is not being able to spend the time with my children that i would like to. The mose enjoyable part is the rewarding feeling of knowing that you helped some one.
Fun coworkers!
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 30, 2013
A very intelligent group of individuals to work with, but with a fun twist!
They've got the right idea
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJune 17, 2013
Every employee I interact with at Heartland is usually very happy and cheerful. The work culture for most departments is very supportive. The benefit package is great and the pay is quite good as well. In my department, however, the management is very poor. If not for the poor management, I would give Heartland five stars across the board. Otherwise, Heartland is moving in the right direction.
Pros
great benefits, upbeat atmosphere
Cons
poor management in some departments
Nice Campus; Very bad reputation in community
former staff member (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILMay 27, 2013
Beautiful Hospital most of hospital staff great people; after visiting the ER Dept.as a patient on more than one occasion in a year, it was very apparent that the ER nurses did not want to be their! ER Physicians seemed very,very incompetent.
Pros
beautiful hospital
Cons
er staff bad attitudes.