Heartland Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive, educational and always trying to find ways to improve.
Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MODecember 30, 2012
A typical day at work involves training back to back members. The one on one relationship with clients is phenomenal. It allows me to get to know the clients strengths and weakness, as well as the individual.

Management and my coworkers are very encouraging. I'm able to improve in all aspects of a fitness specialst thanks to them. If I feel that I am struggling in a particualr area, this group of individuals always has their arms open.

The hardest part about my job is parting from my clients when they are ready to workout on their own. I truly enjoy working with people. The most enjoyable part of my job is the everlast friendship, both professionally and personally.
Pros
free gym membership, help with continuing education
Cons
i feel that the benefits could be better.
Professional and Enjoyable Work Environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 21, 2013
A typical day is stressful but rewarding. I've learned how to be professional but compassionate. I have learned many critical care and thinking skills over the last three years. Management is very good and proactive. My co-workers are amazing in team-work, with their attitudes, and very flexible to change. The hardest part about my job is pronouncing a death. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet different people and make a difference in their lives!
Pros
rewarding, team-work, good management, pto, benefits
Cons
short breaks, stressful
disfunctional organization
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 16, 2015
policies and guidelines needs to be xhanged too mnay peopleco-works not very pleasntable at least in my department not really anything nioce to say about this company just my opinipon just there getting a check until I fond my job I ujst graduated
benefits
Cons
lots of work
excellent place to work
PCT (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 19, 2012
Heartland is one of the best places to work, ever. They are very good to their employees, have excellent benefits and incentives, and the people are extremely helpful when first starting employment there. If I didn't have to move, I would have stayed there for years! I worked 3 twelve hour shifts a week and learned so many things. The nurses were extremely helpful as well as the other techs. They have a very thorough orientation so you don't feel hopeless once your on the floor with your own patients. I recommend working at Heartland Regional Medical Center to anyone who wants a stable, beneficial job in the medical field with a wonderful company.
They've got the right idea
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJune 17, 2013
Every employee I interact with at Heartland is usually very happy and cheerful. The work culture for most departments is very supportive. The benefit package is great and the pay is quite good as well. In my department, however, the management is very poor. If not for the poor management, I would give Heartland five stars across the board. Otherwise, Heartland is moving in the right direction.
Pros
great benefits, upbeat atmosphere
Cons
poor management in some departments
Employees are great, but under staffed.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILNovember 10, 2014
Working second shift or third shift you were normally alone dealing with outpatients, E.R, pediatrics, ICU, and third floor by yourself.
Would be a great place to work if they paid better and had more staffing.
Pros
health benifits
Cons
short breaks, understaffed.
Dietetic Intern, Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILAugust 18, 2014
Good people to work with and great benefits. The management really seems to care about the employees.
benefits
productive great place to work
Environmental Services worker (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILNovember 5, 2015
provide the best customer care, have a productive day always do what is best for patients.my enjoyable part of the day is seeing satisfied patient and family, never really have a hard day always at work to do my job.
Pros
team players
Cons
no over time
patient service rep
clinic manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 16, 2015
I learned a great deal about healthcare and the registration, insurance and customer service skills. It was a great learned expeience and they are a great employer.
Fast paced work environment
Internships/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 10, 2014
A typical day at Heartland would consist of visiting with patients and offering them social services. We would go in and talk to them and see if they needed access to social services, and if they needed help getting a hold of agencies. I was able to learn about how important networking is in the field of social work. It is really important to know people and what they do within the community. Considering that this was just an internship for me, I do not really know much about management; I just followed around my practicum/internship supervisor. The hardest part of the job would probably have to be listening to some of the stories that came up. It is hard to listen to some of the things that have happened to people. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that my supervisor was very easy to work with. She was easy to relate to which made the hard times a little easier.
Absolute nightmare!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILOctober 27, 2014
Everything you've heard is most likely true. Recently, CHS (HRMC included) settled for over 83 million dollars for CMS (Medicare/Medicaid) abuse. They are also mandated to have an appointed 'watch dog' over them for a period of time. Their billing is now outsourced. Almost all of the executive administration is turned over (again). It absolutely amazes me this facility is still open after so many sentinel events.
Pros
the facility is newly built & has a brand new icu
Cons
i wouldn't even let an enemy go to this facilty. there are to many cons to count.
Productive and busy work place helping patient's.
Radiologic Technologist (Full time) (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 6, 2014
I currently work as a radiology technologist and patient care tech. Our clinic sees around 90+ patients daily. We see anything from sore throats, broken extremities, and heart attacks. I work with a very diverse group of people that has great teamwork. I get to see many diffrent disease processes and learn new things all the time with my job. The hardest part of my job is the late hours since we can't leave until everybody in the building is see. The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling of accomplishment when taking care of my patients and helping them feel better.
Pros
taking care of people, co workers, teamwork
Cons
short breaks, late hours, short staffing
Best coworkers I have ever had!
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 28, 2015
So many experiences learned. Really lit the fuse to want me to continues in health care. Amazing leaders and people really cared about how you were and what your goals were. Truly miss working with the people that were there.
Pros
coworkers rocked!
Cons
it ended
laboratory technician
Medical laboratory Techinician (Former Employee) –  marion IlFebruary 12, 2015
The laboratory is understaffed, not regulated, with staff who are underqualified to perform excellence. Worst lab I ever stepped foot in.
Pros
easy commute
Cons
understaffed, low pay, laboratory staff not experienced
Great Benefits
Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMarch 23, 2015
Register patients that came in to the ER. Loved the people I worked with! Hardest part was working nights, and dealing with mad patients when asking for copays.
Good people to work with
Registered Nurse Medical Surgical Floor (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Met a lot of new people that turned into great friendships and learned many nursing skills, that have helped in my new job opportunities.
Nice Campus; Very bad reputation in community
former staff member (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILMay 27, 2013
Beautiful Hospital most of hospital staff great people; after visiting the ER Dept.as a patient on more than one occasion in a year, it was very apparent that the ER nurses did not want to be their! ER Physicians seemed very,very incompetent.
Pros
beautiful hospital
Cons
er staff bad attitudes.
Good company
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MoOctober 30, 2014
Growing and expanding. Now known as Mosiac Life Care. Company mission is admirable.
Innovative.
Behavioral Health Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MODecember 8, 2013
Great company that promotes growth within.
Forward thinking.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILDecember 19, 2014
The days are very busy for a Unit Secretary, Busy phone lines transcribing orders etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heartland Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Heartland Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location