Heartland Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Worst director and staff
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 2, 2017
If you want to work in an environment where the director is queen of lies and drama who does not care about the employees who work hard then this is the place for you!
Pros
ER staff great
Cons
No breaks, under compensation
Hrmc
RN (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILApril 19, 2017
Heartland Regional Medical Center is a great place to work. The benefits are good, the pay is good and the management is improving. My fellow colleagues are amazing women to work with.
Worked with 2 other great people
CENTRAL SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILApril 12, 2017
This position was very stressful. We were handling at least 60-80 calls a day for scheduling outpatient services and minor procedures. Management would always say the patient was always right. I myself was told that a physician's office called and complained about me, I was not allowed to know which practice it was or what the complaint was.
Pros
None to speak of
Cons
Management NEVER had your back
Great management and co workers
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILApril 4, 2017
Working at Heartland Regional Medical Center has opened a lot of doors to opportunity. From exposure to different kinds of jobs to learning basic medical practices. The knowledge gained and relationships built make working here more than just a job.
HRMC was a pleasant place to work in a beautiful atmosphere.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMarch 15, 2017
Days at HRMC were very unpredictable. I felt that I was spread very thin supporting many, many people. I did enjoy the duties and felt very adequate to perform the job.
patient service rep
clinic manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 16, 2015
I learned a great deal about healthcare and the registration, insurance and customer service skills. It was a great learned expeience and they are a great employer.
productive great place to work
Environmental Services worker (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILNovember 5, 2015
provide the best customer care, have a productive day always do what is best for patients.my enjoyable part of the day is seeing satisfied patient and family, never really have a hard day always at work to do my job.
Pros
team players
Cons
no over time
Best coworkers I have ever had!
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 28, 2015
So many experiences learned. Really lit the fuse to want me to continues in health care. Amazing leaders and people really cared about how you were and what your goals were. Truly miss working with the people that were there.
Pros
coworkers rocked!
Cons
it ended
disfunctional organization
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 16, 2015
policies and guidelines needs to be xhanged too mnay peopleco-works not very pleasntable at least in my department not really anything nioce to say about this company just my opinipon just there getting a check until I fond my job I ujst graduated
benefits
Cons
lots of work
Great Benefits
Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMarch 23, 2015
Register patients that came in to the ER. Loved the people I worked with! Hardest part was working nights, and dealing with mad patients when asking for copays.
laboratory technician
Medical laboratory Techinician (Former Employee) –  marion IlFebruary 12, 2015
The laboratory is understaffed, not regulated, with staff who are underqualified to perform excellence. Worst lab I ever stepped foot in.
Pros
easy commute
Cons
understaffed, low pay, laboratory staff not experienced
Good people to work with
Registered Nurse Medical Surgical Floor (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Met a lot of new people that turned into great friendships and learned many nursing skills, that have helped in my new job opportunities.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILDecember 19, 2014
The days are very busy for a Unit Secretary, Busy phone lines transcribing orders etc
Employees are great, but under staffed.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILNovember 10, 2014
Working second shift or third shift you were normally alone dealing with outpatients, E.R, pediatrics, ICU, and third floor by yourself.
Would be a great place to work if they paid better and had more staffing.
Pros
Health benifits
Cons
Short breaks, understaffed.
Good company
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MoOctober 30, 2014
Growing and expanding. Now known as Mosiac Life Care. Company mission is admirable.
Absolute nightmare!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILOctober 27, 2014
Everything you've heard is most likely true. Recently, CHS (HRMC included) settled for over 83 million dollars for CMS (Medicare/Medicaid) abuse. They are also mandated to have an appointed 'watch dog' over them for a period of time. Their billing is now outsourced. Almost all of the executive administration is turned over (again). It absolutely amazes me this facility is still open after so many sentinel events.
Pros
The facility is newly built & has a brand new ICU
Cons
I wouldn't even let an enemy go to this facilty. There are to many cons to count.
Productive and busy work place helping patient's.
Radiologic Technologist (Full time) (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 6, 2014
I currently work as a radiology technologist and patient care tech. Our clinic sees around 90+ patients daily. We see anything from sore throats, broken extremities, and heart attacks. I work with a very diverse group of people that has great teamwork. I get to see many diffrent disease processes and learn new things all the time with my job. The hardest part of my job is the late hours since we can't leave until everybody in the building is see. The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling of accomplishment when taking care of my patients and helping them feel better.
Pros
taking care of people, co workers, teamwork
Cons
short breaks, late hours, short staffing
Dietetic Intern, Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILAugust 18, 2014
Good people to work with and great benefits. The management really seems to care about the employees.
benefits
Daily review
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOApril 3, 2014
A typical shift consists of interrupting heart strips at 8 pm and 2 am.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
high stress
Fast paced work environment
Internships/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 10, 2014
A typical day at Heartland would consist of visiting with patients and offering them social services. We would go in and talk to them and see if they needed access to social services, and if they needed help getting a hold of agencies. I was able to learn about how important networking is in the field of social work. It is really important to know people and what they do within the community. Considering that this was just an internship for me, I do not really know much about management; I just followed around my practicum/internship supervisor. The hardest part of the job would probably have to be listening to some of the stories that came up. It is hard to listen to some of the things that have happened to people. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that my supervisor was very easy to work with. She was easy to relate to which made the hard times a little easier.