Heartland Employee Reviews

I enjoy what I do.
Occupational Specialist/Asst. Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 23, 2016
I stay busy and a typical day is a constant go and solving situations. I have learned a lot about propery management and juggeling the day to day tasks of helping residents and staff throughout the property. I enjoy working with my co-workers they are hard workers and we work well together. The hardest part is not being able to help every one. I really enjoy seeing the benefits of the community come together.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Enjoyable work environment
District manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LANovember 8, 2016
I visit stores on a daily basis doing in store audits. Working on guest services and process and procedures. I love working with people. There is not really a hard part for me. I love cars and customer service. I enjoy training new talent and seeing people move up the ranks in a company. Their success is my success. My employees and co-workers are great and we all get along and enjoy what we do.
Pros
travel compensation, bonuses, work hours.
Cons
insurance premiums are very high
Heartland is like omg the best
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLSeptember 14, 2016
Heartland solutions is a well run, small, family business with international reach and influence operating in the energy markets. I gained a lot of warehouse management, shipping and receiving, and international relations experience working there.
Pros
Professional working environment
Cons
Boss is uptight
Typical Day
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 6, 2016
I assist resident in and Skilled nursing facility
I pass medication give Treatments and provide ADL care
I have been working in SNFs since 2012
I have a great relationship with my coworkers and residents.
I really love my career choice.
Church run thrift store. We helped a lot of people.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Lake, MIOctober 18, 2016
I loved it because I worked with a lot of great people. Not much chance for advancement but I wasn't looking for that. I only worked part time.
Sales
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 27, 2016
• Top performer in Monmouth County, all four quarters of 2012. Award winner for top performance (Trip).
• Top Branch in the Northern New Jersey district for first three quarters of 2013. Top five Branches in the company.
• Reached 85% of new business acquisition and provided business financing alternatives to new clients, with 120% retention ratio on the remainder 15% of existing business.
• Made 80-100 dials per day for an average of 35 Meetings, and five new businesses every week.
• Number one Credit Card sales person in the bank for 2 years. Offered sales coaching to top performers.
productive work environment
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 15, 2016
5 star co workers and enjoy working for the company and have to maintain certain standards of productivity . The company does a great deal of estim dyithermey and ultrasound on patients to help the patient recover faster to go home quicker.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
travel between buildings frequently and too much at times
Terrible place to work.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 21, 2016
This is a terrible place to work. the pay is okay $15/ hr for dental assistant. but the way they treat their employees is horrible. They don't even treat us like human beings. They expect us to fall at the dentists feet and worship them even when they treat us bad.
Pros
pay okay
Cons
work through lunch without pay; drs are terrible;
Could be ran a little better.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHJuly 7, 2016
good place to start of your nursing career as an CNA. Classes available. good hours can pick up time. and mostly good people, residents are GREAT. Getting attached is easy, and hard to the residents
Pros
good people STNA class.
Cons
not enough money
Very fast pace environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  OrlandAugust 9, 2016
My typical day is when I came in to work I checked all my labor, and inventory numbers from the night before. I made sure all my stock had appropriate expiration times on them, all my staff are dressed appropriately and giving great customer service. Store must be clean and safe.
Pros
Watching my customers walk out with a smile
Cons
Rate of pay barely increases
Internship
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 19, 2016
Awesome place to work with positive and caring culture.

I call terminated employees daily for feedback over their work experience and explanation on the process of returning the company issued iPad air.
Amazing company to work for.
Senior Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 24, 2016
Could not ask for a more professional, customer oriented company to be a part of. It is such a pleasure working for a company with such integrity and transparency.
n/a
Nurse-Aid (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 24, 2016
Have to work for the company to find your own experience everyone is different and reacts to situations in a different manner. You might hate the place and might love the place. I dislike reviews they are really a discourage....
Under Staffed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 20, 2016
Work with 30 Residents and your the only aide and you have 2 nurses who are super lazy describe that day for me. Terrible and management will work you like a slave and when you need management to do there job, they don't.
Pros
Great Staff to work with for the most part
Cons
Lack of Respect
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILSeptember 12, 2016
You will learn a lot!

Very busy environment
Prioritizing is key
Most enjoyable part is getting to interact with patients who come through the front reception area
All about patient care!
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 17, 2014
I learned an amazing amount new dental skills, as well as systems, organization, and people skills.
I floated from a few different offices in the beginning and was amazed how all offices work under the Heartland System..This made floating a breeze!
Management is always either a phone call away or in the office to help.
My co-workers were my family, we work hard and play hard.
At first..the hardest part of the job was change and a new way to look at dentistry, after you get thru that..it's amazing!
The best part of my job..was my patients, and helping them have beautiful smiles!
Pros
Paid vacation, Insurance, Retirement
Cons
raises
On task
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 1, 2015
This company is family owned I have worked for them since I was 15 good worth ethic. get week vacation paid. Very positive work enviroment
Pros
paid vacation and pays above min wage
Cons
no healthcare benefits
Fast paced environment
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day consisted of obtaining prior authorization for treatment, verifying benefits and coverage limitations with insurance companies, answering a multiple line phone, and scheduling appointments. I learned medical terminology and how to write with medical shortcuts. My co-workers were pleasant to work with and always willing to teach or help you in any way needed. There really weren't any hard aspects to this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is you felt appreciated as an employee.
Pros
Competitive pay, great benefits, vacation time
Cons
not much room for growth
Decent place to learn
CNA (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 2, 2016
Trained me and threw me into work. Was not the best place to work but a good place to start. They treat their patients poorly and should keep staff on call.
Skill builder
PC Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSApril 14, 2016
You work on repairing the computers that come in from customers.
You are placed on a team and focus on that type on unit.
Able to ask questions of higher up if needed.
Able to learn different ways of troubleshooting from different points of view.
Starting off learning the units but gets easier with time.
The get together that the company has during the year.