Heath Consultants Incorporated Employee Reviews

Love the company!
Gas line locator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2017
You locate gas lines with electronic equipment that allows you to trace the line and mark it with paint for people who are digging to know where gas lines are. It is a very important job that you must take very serious, as lives could be at risk if someone hits a line not marked correctly. Management is wonderful, they allow you to do your job and will help with anything you need to get it done. Work place culture is family, we were all a big team and would come together for meetings, for teams and the company. The job requires a lot of physical demands and willingness to push past your limits and stay hydrated, really great for active people that like exercise and the environment is always changing so it is very interesting. It is really fun to be outside and in the open air, no office, and working independently. I would recommend this job to people who love to work hard and achieve goals and overtime is always available. You get to learn all about gas and how it is delivered to areas and homes. Really neat job but it is very demanding and requires that you be very responsible.
Pros
Company car, gas card, phone, computer
Cons
hot, cold, wet, rough terrain
not a very positive work place
Natural gas leak technician (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 12, 2017
The team of people I work with are great, but there really isn't much room to grow. Would like to work closer to home.

There is usually a layoff in the fall/winter season. Would like something that is all year long.
Good company good employer
Gas line/gas utility inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
Management gave me full latitude to manage my time and trusting my ability to make quick important decisions. The hardest parts were probably the physical demands due to considerable walking and often hot or inclement weather. The most enjoyable part was definitely locating and evaluating problem areas with the authority to bring in gas company repair crews.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Physical demands could be very tiring
Demanding and stressful
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 20, 2017
Stressful, dispatching, changed during time there,office to yourself 90% of the time,laid back sometimes. Some times lunch was brought in hours are long and you only get 30 minutes for lunch you can never leave your station.
good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXApril 21, 2017
Great place to work..Room for advancement.... Management helps with growth of all employees. The hardest part of the job is , can't think of anything.
Long hours no advancement opportunities Management does not communicate well
Gas Leak Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2017
Management doesn't know the business very well no opportunity to advance unless you jump into a different company. They will put a lot of things on your plate not part of your job and then blame you for things they did or didn't do.
Pros
lot of overtime
Cons
no advancement opportunities, lack of communication and disagreement between lower and upper management
working outside in texas weather year around
Utility Location Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2017
long hours can get alot of overtime get a company vehicle on call at weeks at at time overall a good company would work there again if moved back to dallas area
Pros
work bye yourself
managers don't listen
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
managers tend to think they know what is best for the employees and don't ask employees what they want; also severely underpaid. They do have a great work/life balance though
Pros
work/life balance, free food
Cons
underpaid
pipeline and gas meter work
CONTRACTOR AT CENTERPOINTENERGY (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2017
Monday to Friday from 7am to 5pm
Sometime Saturday from 7am to 5pm
Good and honest communication
Leak survey
Good experience on map reading, using a GPS
Pros
Free gas
Cons
no short break
Worst company I've ever worked with, they have no regards for their employees
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Heath consultants has no regards for their employees, they work mandatory overtime Monday through Sunday not including being on call for emergencies. While their I was struck by a car while working in the road locating a line and had been repremended because I was not injured and had reported the accident. They were upset because I had restarted the clock for number of days without work related injury. while on call working over night after working 17 hours the night before I had called in to ask for time off to rest and was told I was not allowed to take the time off, threatening that they would fire me if I did not complete the number off tickets I had to finish that day.
okay
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 17, 2017
Good pay for a job that does not require a high level of education but the job can have some low points. On the other hand you can move up the ranks fast!
Pros
Company car, cell
Great place to work!
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
A typical workday consisted of morning meetings with clients or team members to discuss current or future projects. Team members then worked on designing or ordering parts individually.

I acquired many useful skills during my summers at Heath. Including but not limited to soldering and the familiarization of mechanical and electrical systems. Verbal communication was also a large part of the job. Regular emails and talks with the personnel kept everyone on the project up to date.
OK for a family owned comapny
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2017
This is an OK place to work. There is not a lot of room for career advancement. They have been around a long time and have good industry relations.
its good and bad
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77061January 13, 2017
Its a cool place to work but it can suck because management dosent have their life together which led to the recent layoff on January 10. its suck because they knew that they had lost the contracts with centerpoint but they made it seem as if everything was all flowers and rainbows one day and the next we were unemployed. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate.
Pros
the jeep not havin to pay for gas
Cons
no job security
Fair and reasonable
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2017
For the service you do provide in safety, there is a demand. no real complaints as far as what is expected from their employees.
Gas Leak Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2017
Good work place. if you can walk than you will be okay. must have to deal with all weather conditions. Most of the time you will have to drive your own car.
No employee loyalty
Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  North texas groupDecember 30, 2016
This company does not consider thier employees as anything more than expendable, replaceable cogs in a machine. Very few supervisors use positive work habits, and those that do cannot support you against the upper management team out of farmers branch. Keep searching, and leave this one alone.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Corrosion testing
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Summit NJDecember 29, 2016
A typical work is locating and taking pipe to soil potential of pipe, individually i was here for only six months. I started leak survey here provided tools for work
Pros
Work independent
Cons
Too long lay off
Horrid company. Would NOT Recommend to my worst enemy
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 30, 2016
From the time i was interviewed by the h.r. Director and lied to the lies continued. Rarely did i see a full 40 hrs. Or any ot as he promised. The great benefits package he stated they had was expensive and the deductible is outrageous and u have no options really. Just a horrid company that doesnt retain employees due to them not caring about them. It's easier to just hire new apparently. Highly recommend against working for heath consultants. When i finally put my notice in to quit due to finding a steady job (i gave them afew days shy of 4wks) they opted to call me on the phone and fire me afew days shy of my last day. Very classy company!
Pros
Great exercise. Afew coworkers were nice
Cons
Rarely had anything close to full time hrs, Benifits were costly. Just the constant lies from management
great job love the work
Atmos utility gas line locator (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXNovember 17, 2016
im job here is great love the work I don't like the fact that they don't give raises when they said we should have them the management isn't very good in really anything they brush everything under the rug like its nothing and frankly im tired of working my butt off doing my job right to the t and not seeing anything out of it but head ache everyday from the supervisors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heath Consultants Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8