Heath Consultants Incorporated Employee Reviews in United States

Temporary Job
Gas Leak Survey Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 23, 2016
Your job will be to stand by and wait for the people who make more money to make a mistake. Some days you will literally just hang around trying to stay awake since the welder your assign to may even be there most of the day. Also the company who hired me lied about pay and the positions available. Worst part is that they will send you back home when they don't have enough welders to work.
Cons
low pay, boring, no good parking
cool job, awful company
Gas Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA, Austin, TX, Houston, TXJune 16, 2016
The review says it all. If you're young with no family and like to travel and don't care about making a lot of money, this is the gig for you. Otherwise stay clear of working for this company. They have no concern for their employees, only making their 20% profit on the contract.
Pros
a lot of unplanned days off due to rain
Cons
no compensation for the rain days and no other work to do, also poor management.
quite place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2016
worked mainly unsupervised day or night completed the jobs as required and rarely have a co worker. Management came around only when there was a problem, which I did not see.
Good place, very hard job. good money not great
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 1, 2016
If you enjoy walking every day then this job is for you. You walk 10-20 miles a day. Its very rigorous on your body. You have to deal with dogs, bees, ants any sort of animal. Do not forget about the bushes that are blocking every meter. Some meters are hard to find especially in the county. The environment is nice because after training you are put out on your own with very little supervision. You are given a route for the day, go complete the route and when you are finished with the route you are done for the day. You are to be at the office at 6 a.m. every morning and routes can last from 10:30 in the morning all the way up to 5 in the afternoon. Your day depends on your own speed. Over all it is a good environment but not much room for advancement. Could lead into a job with the actual Utility company though.
Pros
Very little supervisoin, co-workers
Cons
very little room for advancement. needs to pay more.
Do not work here
Leak Survey Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2016
Finally had a good boss, but they ran him off and so now we are back to the mean bosses they love. This is not a good company for nice people, they will ruin your life.

Looking for a good job now. can't wait to quit.

Don't fall for the project manager job they are posting, those guys work over 80 hours a week. I make more as a technician than my old nice boss did if you figure it out hourly.
Pros
Once had a good boss
Cons
they are rude, treat people bad, overwork everyone
Not everyone can work here
Gas locator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2016
The Rating explain the review. The company gives you the things to get the job done, but really does little to comp.
The sooner you can start the better, pretty much what is ask is work from sun up to sundown depending on work load. Co work are left to work in there own areas, hardest part of the job is are service ticket are tickets have a time that you have to be there by, hard to meet that time.
Pros
Company jeep and supplies with gas card
Cons
work in all types of weather, work load can be very hard to manage
Liked the job,but no interest in the workers.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2015
I loved working there but when it came down to it no one had my back so I was let go for something I didn't do then made an example of to the rest of the workers. That was unprofessional and very wrong of them to do.
This company sucks
Damage Prevention (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 9, 2015
Just do your little job and keep your mouth shut. Don't expect to spend any time with your family. Their answer for that is "everyone has to sacrifice something." Expect to be thrown under the bus everytime it drives by. If you know more than your manager about the job because of your experience, expect to be fired at some point. Expect them to issue you a disgusting nasty filthy company vehicle. Expect to have to document everything you do; not because it's required but to cover your own butt. They will pin stuff on you in a quick minute.
Pros
Pros...hmmm...I got nothing.
Cons
Over-worked, under-paid, dishonest company
Ok place to work
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2015
Heath needs to learn to treat their employees better. It is a top heavy company with overpaid executives and the people who actually generate the revenue for the company are treated like second class citizens. I have a lot of respect for the owner but I believe she is unaware of how her directors treat the employees.
Not a good environment
Leak Survey Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2015
This company takes pride in protecting their own. They play the buddy system very well. Pay is very little for what you are going to do. Horrible management they simply don't even know basic business. I've seen good people get kicked to the curb, just because they had an opinion. Don't waist your time.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Low pay, no value

Want to know more about Heath Consultants Incorporated?

Ask a question
Management is the worst I've ever seen.
Leak Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 13, 2015
Management in this company from the very top to the very bottom are liars. They try to get the work done by cheating. All they care about is making money, they don't care about their employees at all.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Poor management
Honesty is not their strongest virtue
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2015
The job itself is completely easy. There are times where the locates can be difficult based on no signal or poor directions from what the contractor needs.
Work day starts at 7am and usually ends around 3pm. Breaks are few and far between unless you're driving from one locate to the next.
Managements only care is production. They harp on production to the point where quality of the service becomes comprimised. Typical day there are anywhere between 50 to 150 dig tickets on your board. There are projects that take hours to do so your production is down.
Most of the time we are shorthanded so we have to cover multiple areas. That creates a problem when you have emergency locates in your assigned area. You have 45 minutes to reach most of the emergency locates but being out of your area, can sometimes take up to almost 2 hours based on traffic. So your area suffers in the mean time. They hold dig tickets that should be on your board so you stay a day ahead like you're suppose to be but because the supervisor wants you HELP their favorite locators that doesnt happen often. They preach team work when it suits their needs but when you require help, you're told to figure it out.
When you are hired, they tell you some overtime is required. Every other Saturday is required. 7am to 330pm will be your schedule. That doesn't happen that way. You are required to work every Saturday. The hours daily go from 8 up to 12 hours per day.
Gas and vehicle maintenace are covered by the company with the company vehicle you get. But things like windshield fluid and washing the vehicle have
  more... to come out of your own pocket, They will not cover those costs. Tolls, if you happen to take one, they will deduct it from your check. But since they dont get the bill for like 2 months that toll is now like 200 dollars in fees. They will also write you up for taking a toll so its a double whammy.
If you have a problem with equipment, they charge you to fix it whether it was your fault or faulty equipment.
Pros
Working unsupervised for the most part
Cons
Underpaid for the amout of work performed
This company sucks
locator (Former Employee) –  farmers branch TexasAugust 6, 2015
bad manegment after training I was given a dirty
Truck was told I had to clean it "on my own time"
Field supervisor had bad attitude
Mandatory overtime unreasonable expectations after training
Pros
I can't think of any
Cons
too many to list
Awesome if you are single
Locator/leadtech/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texas/FloridaAugust 4, 2015
Great place to learn the industry, if you learn it and have a great boss then this is the place to be advancement great pay new equipment and vehicles and travelling is a big plus
Pros
pay, equipment, vehicles, travel
Cons
florida management
Nothing bad to report
Natural Gas Leak Survey Tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2015
Good company. Gives anyone who is willing to work, a shot. Bad weather can be a pain, but your allowed to take breaks as needed.
Too much travel and lack of benefits
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 14, 2015
They tell you at the beginning that you will be stationed in one place, but you end up traveling more often then not. Their healthcare cost $50 a week. They say safety is the most important part but they lie.
not a workers' company
Utility Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 13, 2015
Was cheated from the start on pay and took 8 months to receive pay back from company on boot purchase . Took 3 months to get my on-call pay for the first time . Was cheated ,disrespected and just completely used by a company that has no desire to pay its' hard workers for their work but instead is set up to let the buddy duddy types that do nothing to become bosses . My area I located will probably have alot of gas damages now unless they can find another person that can actually locate to do it ..they better pay them better than me ,they will deserve it ...
Pros
Cons
everything and everybody in management
Not enough pay for what you do
Natural Gas Leak Detection Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 3, 2015
My experience with this company was not bad, just the lack of not paying enough for the amount of work they wanted you to get done. As a gas leak tech they ask alot of you, some of the transmission terrains are just bad very bad n they expect for you to do your job right when most of the time your trying to find your way out of some bad situations. It was more of a paycheck jus for the bills. Bad head management from the general manager of the state, the okc crew gets treated better than the tulsa crew and we did more work than them.
Pros
Little pay for what you do
Cons
Great crew team
Challenging Job that test your adaptabilty
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 13, 2015
Great job learning about all different area, while manage stress of always learning something new every day. Most jobs do repeat . This job is always changes from day today
Pros
Great work hrs 6.30 am to 2.30 pm
Cons
Get caught of gaurd by animals
Simply a Paycheck
Administrative Assistant/ GIS (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 20, 2015
While I was working here as a temp, I was told that this was a temp-to-hire position and that I should be hired within 6 months of working here. I have been here for a year now and have not been hired on. I was told that Heath Consultants would not hire me but, Oklahoma Natural Gas would (two or three years from now). Everything about this company is horrible: how they treat their employees, their ethics, the pay, the benefits, ect. It was simply a paycheck to get me by until I found something better. My advice is the completely avoid this company as it is not a place to retire, but a job that pays the bills (barley)!
Pros
Freedom and flexibly to do your job as needed - great for men and women with children.
Cons
This is by far the most unethical company I have ever worked for!

2.9