Heath Consultants Incorporated

Heath Consultants Incorporated Employer Reviews

geat coworkers
Utility Line Locator Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2014
overall a good company to work for. pay could be better. not much room for advancement.
Lots of driving
Field Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 5, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: short lunch, very anger customers
Easy day of driving around by your self collecting gas bills. Other then having to explain to very anger people why i have to turn off there gas for not paying the bill very easy work.
WOrking outdoors
Field Technician (Former Employee), Chester, VAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: weather conditions
Going and completing your daily given route reading residential and business gas meters. Learned out to read meters and manage time better. Management made the job fun and was helpful. Co-workers always tried to work together to get the job done. Hardest part of job was working in extreme heat outside. MOst enjoyable part of job was working outside – more... and not having someone over you all day. – less
Great Place to work
Meter Reader (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: paid on a scale based upon personal work
Cons: short breaks, lots of hours
Great place to work. Loved the company policies, management actually cares for you. Awesome place to work.. if your an actual worker/go getter.
Heath Consultants
Leak Survey Technician/Survey Natural Gas Pipeline (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2014
Did the job they required. Received a map to be surveyed and I did it in a timely and safe manner.
Horrible place to work! From top to bottom, employees have no rights or respect
Leak Surveyor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2014
If you can find ANYTHING else, don't waste your time at Heath!
Great Pay, Travel, People
Technician C (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good pay, heppy people, outdoors.
A typical day was going to the gas company, picking up my maps, going into the field to detect leaks. I walked 8 to 10 miles each day unless I found a leak, the I would draw it on a map as to location and or address showing gas meter and where the leak was on the meter. Then call the gas company and they would send out the repair crew. Then I could – more... proceed with my detections. Sometimes I would find 3 leaks in a day or more. It was very exciting protecting the public from the resulting leaks. I would be in areas on a contract basis until I finished that area then move on to another gas company in another city. Sometimes I would have to visit City Hall and let them know what I was doing in the area and show them my credentials for being there. I loved meeting the people wherever I went and also my husband would come to visit me on the weekends.
I really loved this job. Especially encouraging were my co-workers who would come and test and teach me. They were curious to see me enjoying my job since I was a 54 year old woman. Gas companies are known for being a male culture. But I loved being in the environment. My dad and I were very close. – less
Leak Survey Technician
Leak Survey Technician (Former Employee), Elmira, NYDecember 16, 2013
Pros: gas reimbursment
Cons: short lunch breaks
I provided natural gas leak survey support by using certified gas leak detection techniques. I tracked gas mains and service lines to homes and businesses by using maps provide by New York State Electric and Gas in order to implement leak detection for public safety.
not a friendly place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OkDecember 9, 2013
Pros: decent pay, chance to learn about the city and surrounding areas for the state.
Cons: inflexability on leave, high pressure to perform when injured-
They would praise one minute and the turn around and the major criticize the work, make you feel like you are losing your job everyday.
Productive and fun workplace
Field Technician/Meter Reader (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 8, 2013
Great work environment. Hours that fit well with my graduate schol schedule. I leanred alot about ethics in this job whereas you work by yourself but as a team. The hardest part of the job is all the walking and the direct correalation with the weather. the most enjoyable part is being able to see Huntsville in its entirety throughout the month.
Lots of freedom at work ample time to get other things done
Natural Gas Inspector and Locator (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYOctober 3, 2013
I really enjoyed the free time at work, and free gas. I typically would get off work everyday at 4 and would have time to do shopping and things for my family when most other jobs don't allow this.
work
Damage Prevention Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2013
this job is a good job to have. its very dependable and test you to be able to work alone and be our own boss
Not a good place to work.
Field Technician (Current Employee), Farmers Branch, TXJuly 18, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: rules change without notice
No support from management. Rules change daily without notice.
Daily challenge in a high risk environment, insuring the safety of the Customers.
Leak Survey Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityMay 13, 2013
Pros: company vehicle, freedom from direct supervision.
Cons: outdated leak detection equipment issued, mandated weekend overtime, dangerous work environment
Using sensitive equipment, finding and walking along Natural gas pipelines throughout the western half of Oklahoma. We worked in high traffic business areas, residential neighborhoods, and desolate cross country areas. It was a physically challenging position, with no direct supervision. The people I worked with were all good, and dedicated employees, – more... that were very committed to public safety in the Natural Gas industry. The position required near superhuman physical stamina, and effort, as well as quick thinking in dangerous locations. The rewards for these efforts included a company vehicle, and the great opportunity to meet and interact with the public. – less
Review Summary
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Houston TXApril 12, 2013
Open mail, input invoices, weekly check runs, balance A/P module monthly. Input expenses for reimbursement. Verify Purchase orders with invoices.
Gas Leak Survey Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2013
Pros: free lunches, company vehicle
Cons: raises, promotions
Daily performance leak performance, leak procedures, leak investigations, and atmosphere corrosion procedures. Daily contact with utility managers, crews, homeowners, and contractors discussing locate issues. Know the Metropolitan area and mapping.
unstable work enviroment
Field Technician (Former Employee), Troy, OHMarch 7, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: no job security etc...
micromanaged and no communication with management and management with customer creating no job security
PM Top Rated Manure Spreader
Leak Survey (Current Employee), Troy, OhioMarch 6, 2013
Pros: the guys you work with
Cons: pm & office secretary
I have been with Heath for over three years & currently work out of the Troy, Ohio area.

You can work hard & do everything asked of you & you will get a very very very low raise. One Technician got a TWO CENT raise and a few others only FIVE CENTS it all depends on if the Project Manager likes you or not.

The Office Secretary really runs our Project – more... Manager she wants TOTAL CONTROL over everything & because she wants us to drive to the office every single morning just to check our paperwork for three minutes not caring if you live thirty miles away we all have to do it. She would be better suited scrubbing toilets at a Motel 6 on third shift.

They treat us like we are five year old's needing constant checking up on.

The Project Manager does not know how to manage so he FORCES some of us to live in Indiana during the week & be away from our families in order to stay employed. He also expects you to walk eight hours out of nine hours per day and he will give you thirty minutes to do paperwork. His previous job was spreading manure at a country club for $9 bucks an hour need I say more.

Most of the employees on our crew are currently looking for employment elsewhere. – less

manly – March 10, 2013

dont let the door hit you on your way out!!! he wants you to work your whole shift? omg...the nerve!!!

Great company if you love walking
Gas meter auditor (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: determine my own route on days that i knew where i was
Cons: using my own vehicle and extreme walking not many breaks
Heath was a good company to work for but the fact I needed to use my own vehicle and sometimes had to drive my car into the woods, I did not like that. The rest of the times I would have to walk a total of 10 to 15 miles a day. It was very rough on my knees. The management was very hard to reach at times.

JVincent – March 2, 2013

Be glad you did not have to work with the two TRASH BAGS in Troy, Ohio - The PM & Office Secretary . . .

Barnum & Bailey
Inside Leak Survey Technician (Current Employee), Troy, OhioJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: guys on crew are great
Cons: project manager is a cut-throat
The job is inspecting natural gas lines inside & outside of buildings.

If you want a job where they start you out at $11 per hour & you stay around that much for years you will love Heath in Troy, Ohio.

The Project Manager is a Circus Clown who once told us in a meeting full of employees that we are not a "union" & he could do as he pleased. He has – more... no consideration for how he treats people mainly the men if you are a female you can fail a drug test & he will promote you to a Crew Leader. Daffy Duck could do a better job. The Project Manager only cares about CA$H & his big bonu$ that he gets at the end of the year on the work we all do. He would BETRAY his own family to keep his *temporary* kingdom.

You use your OWN vehicle & they will not care if you have to drive 200 miles per day to get the number$ they want. You are the $LAVE they are the MA$TER.

You will be laid off around October because the faster they can get you to complete the work the more money the CORP-oration make$

The Office Secretary BETRAYED her own sister who works with us by having her friend be the LAST one to be laid off last year & that same friend was also the FIRST to be brought back this year while her sister who has worked with us for years is still on layoff.

The PM & The Office Secretary are two PEAS in a POD! – less

About Heath Consultants Incorporated

Heath is the leading service provider, manufacturer and distributor a wide range of gas detection, pipe and cable locating and – Read more