Heavy Structural Welder
Position Title: Heavy Structural Welder
Location: Eastern and Central Time Zones
Employment Status: Seasonal
Heavy Machines is looking for an experienced heavy structural welder that are certified to AWS You will be responsible for various types weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations for shut-down repairs.
Travel Requirements: 100% within the eastern and central time zones with paid travel within these zones
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficient in assigned welding techniques.
- Interpretation of mechanical drawings, including weld requirement symbology.
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys, and some exotic materials.
- Conventional measuring instruments.
- Welding equipment maintenance.
- Finish grinding applications using manual and power tools.
- Flux Core, and Stick (MIG is a plus), and Carbon Steel.
- Must understand heat requirements, amperages, voltages, pre-heats, inter-pass temperatures and post heat requirements.
- Able to layout, burn, and prepare plate for installation.
- Familiar with filler wire controls, filler wire selection and acceptable weld preparation techniques.
- Have working knowledge of weld procedural requirements, special requirements and safety requirements for the accomplishment of tasks.
- Able to perform grinding and joint preparation for NDE and inspection process and be proficient in carbon arc gouging.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Others duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two – Four years welding experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Layout fabricate weldments from a detailed drawing.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Operate common layout tools.
- Familiarity with SAW, GMAW, FCAW, and SMAW welding processes.
- Knowledge of equipment and operations.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to work safely and accurately.
Typical Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Must be able to tour all vessels, and work sites. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Able to walk, stand, climb stairs, and ladders, sit reach, bend, kneel, and lift 75 pounds. Able to enter confined/enclosed or tight spaces. Capable of working in extreme temperatures both hot and cold. Work in noise areas where the noise levels may exceed 110 db. Able to wear personnel protective clothing to include hard hat, safety glasses and safety shoes. Must be able to pass drug test and background check.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Heavy Machines, Inc. headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, is a group of equipment dealers throughout the U.S. supplying heavy-duty, special...