HEB

1.4K reviews

HEB Employee Reviews

Bakery Lead (Current Employee), Ennis, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: health care
Cons: flexible schedule
HEB is a great place to work. The management is wonderful, and the partners there are family. The hardest part of the job would be the non- flexible schedule.
Fun work environment.
Cashier (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: People are great.
Cons: Long days and short breaks.
Working at HEB was great it was fun and the customers wanted you to be there and the managers made it fun so you would want to be there and make a career out of HEB if you needed to. They were also very professional and cared about your well being.
fun fast paced work environment
Department Manager (Former Employee), Luling, TXAugust 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: accountability not always equal
Good company to work for, excellent benefits, fast paced, not always great follow through on discipline, work-home balance is ok not great. Lots of favoritism present
Great place to work, lively and fast paced
Cashier (Current Employee), Humble, TXAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Compensation and raises
Cons: Varying hours and working holidays
I would put my things in my locker, punch in and report to a supervisor for assignment. Normally, opening a register and start checking. I learned how to do advanced functions on the register and all the fruit and vegetable codes. Management is fair and supportive. Co-workers are fun to work with. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult and unreasonable customers. However, management is great about stepping in when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is serving most of the customers, a warm smile and great attitude goes a long way with most people!
A Great Company!
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Granbury, TXAugust 20, 2015
I've never worked at a company that had such motivated management before. Everyone works as a team. No one is running around trying to get other employees in trouble (Walmart). Everyone seems excited and energetic towards completing goals.
Very unorganized
Cashier/Checker (Former Employee), Spring, TXAugust 19, 2015
They never communicated with me about the training schedule and it would be at a different location, when I was not informed and ended up burning gas !
everyday brings an exciting change
perishable representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Partners
Cons: decreasing hours if we are slow
H.E.B. is a fun and exciting place to work at. Your co-workers a.k.a Partners are as diverse and energetic as it comes. Daily operations always bring something new for you to experience and learn from. The hardest part of the job is that due to fluctuations in customer volume your hours can be subject to decreasing even if you are a full-time partner. The most enjoyable part is the Partners and getting to know our customers and their personalitites.
Cash drawer
Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Serving the customer
Cons: Turning away at closing
A day would start with check for cashier needs, compute and record totals of transactions. Learned to count money in cash drawer in the beginning of the shifts to ensure that amount are correct and that there is adequate change. Management would help identify price matching, using calculator, cash registers or optical price scanners. The hardest part of the job at the end of the day had to turn away customer at closing time. The most enjoyable part of the job serving the customer.
good
CASHIER (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Free turkey
Cons: sometimes going outside for the baskets
The co-workers made working there enjoyable. HEB is very flexible with their work schedule. The pay is good; you get raises every six months. Most of the managers I've encountered had been very friendly and helpful.
productive and speedy work invornment
Overnight supervisor / Stock Controller (Former Employee), San Antonio,TXAugust 17, 2015
break down pallets of product and stock to shelves. I learned management skills within running a team. Management and co-workers were respectful and understanding.
Productive work
Bagger (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXAugust 16, 2015
Pros: hard work
Cons: short break
Responsible for bagging groceries, stocking, and training new employees.
Maintained strong customer service and efficiency during major store renovation.
Great co-workers, typically nice customers; bad management & scheduling
PLA (Former Employee), Conroe, TXAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Good about breaks, friendly coworkers and customers, bi-annual 30-50 cent raises
Cons: Hours, no hazard pay, poor scheduling, managers don't take resposibility
I loved doing whatever I could to help out the store, I truly do think HEB is one of the best companies in terms of how they treat customers and how they always reach out to lend a hand (in the form of disaster relief, providing shelter, supporting veterans, etc etc.)
However as someone who felt so dedicated to the job, I felt my dedication was manipulated by the management. 8 times out of 10, my department was understaffed for two reasons: 1, because the managers could not schedule to save their lives. It was so bad that sometimes we'd be scheduled for overnight hours that don't exist within my department. My department's hours were from 8am to 11pm and I could count numerous times where someone was scheduled till 1am or later. Reason 2, nobody wanted to have the stinking job of working in the parking lot where I did, so we already had a limited number of people on staff, I blame that for the inadequate pay and lack of hazard pay during EXTREME weather conditions like a UV index of 11 or Tornado like conditions. I go back later, almost 4 months after I've quit -to visit my old buddies- to find that even still, the same conditions exist. I may be broke now, but I'd rather be that than working under such corrupt and poor management.
great place
Customer Service, Night Stock, Seafood Prep (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXAugust 14, 2015
Pros: great place to work they help you out all the time.
Cons: pay
all day it was sweet and staff was great they give away free items all the time. wish they paid more. usually its just dealing with customers one on one helping them out staff and rank were good people we all get along great.
Very good relationships between workers and supervisors.
Night Stocker (Former Employee), TexasAugust 14, 2015
Very friendly place to work. A lot of opportunities for advancement. Raises every 3-6 months. Would not recommend working over night if you are in school.
very busy interesting long day
Seafood Associate (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXAugust 13, 2015
Just being at work it just makes me feel accomplished, like I'm doing the right thing. I like working for HEB their a good company to work for you have good benefits and you get to be around some very amazing people.
Fun place to work!
Deli Partner (Former Employee), Bryan, TXAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good environment, flexible schedules
Cons: couldn't always make 40 hrs a week
I enjoyed my time at HEB because of the great environment. The pay was good for the work you did, but it was difficult to get 40 hours if you are not a full time employee. Great place for high school and college students!
Versatile fast paced job with multiple opportunities for advancement
Electronics Department Partner (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2015
Sincere groups of team members that encourage their employees to succeed and advance. Recognition given when needed with a staff full of great personalities.
Great Company to work for
Food Demonstrator/Cashier (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 10, 2015
Pros: 10% employee discount
Cons: short breaks, decreased hours
H.E.B. is a great company to work for, whether you are looking for full time or part time work. They provide I house training as well as job development classes. There are great opportunities and a very diverse atmosphere.
HEB is more than a job, it's your second family
Cashier, Bookkeeper, Asst Service Mgr, Bakery Mgr (Former Employee), Raymondville, Harlingen, Mcallen, Edinburg TxAugust 10, 2015
Pros: working for a wonderful company and with wonderful people
Cons: Being a bakery manager, I had to work all holidays not able to spend time with my kids
I worked for HEB for 21 years. I started as a cashier and worked my way up to management pretty early in my career. I loved everything about my job, from the supervisors that I worked for, my partners that worked in my dept., our customers and all the daily tasks from preparing for holidays, state inspections, heath inspections, planning for the holidays and making sure to meet all your budgets. I would say that I have learned to be a great leader through all the trainings that HEB would send us to. They really took a lot of pride in making sure that all their partners were well trained starting from the courtesy clerk position to the VP position. Our main goal was to provide the best customer service and to make your shopping experience pleasurable. The hardest part of my job was missing all the important holidays with my kids. Now, that my kids are a little bigger and wanting to join sports, I had to make the decision to leave HEB. I opened a daycare so that I could spend more time with my kids, sadly had to close down due to the economy. The scariest part was leaving a company that I grew up with, 21 years. I'm sad to close this chapter but looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life.
Love HEB experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Pearland, TXAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Best environment, built friendships, and great working experience
Cons: nothing at all
.Built long-term customer relationships and advised customers on purchases and promotions.Monitored cash drawers in multiple checkout stations to ensure adequate cash supply.Bagged, boxed or gift-wrapped sold merchandise per customer's request.Greeted customers entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed
Headquarters