HEB

1.6K reviews

HEB Employee Reviews

Found 1,532 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun workplace
Perishables Representative - Seafood (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2016
I learned how to become more outgoing and to get out of my shell. I had great coworkers and a great boss who made working fun and rewarding.
Pros
Great coworkers and boss, fun
Cons
Long hours standing
Flexible place to work at
Checker (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXFebruary 5, 2016
It's a pretty great place to work. Lots of nice coworkers, high pay, flexible hours with someone always looking for more.
My H.E.B Experience
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Overall H.E.B is a great company to work for. The staff at H.E.B are wonderful and have great attitudes. I loved my experiences there my co-workers were very friendly and helpful. A typical day a work would be great lots of smiles and good vibes.
Good to employees
Night Stocker, Dairy Manager, Shelf Edge Partner (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Good place to work that is very family friendly lots of perks for partners and free goodies great open door policy i and the
Dispatcher/Debriefer
Logistics Dispatcher/Debrief (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2016
after a very short period of employment the drivers thought I was a full time employee. Good family atmosphere. Employees were very cordial.
very fun work enviorment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 1, 2016
a typical day there would be going straight to cashier, bagging, or being sent out on carts. It was a very busy store so time went by fast. my co workers were nice and management had things running smooth most of time. They were sometimes unfair but it was good for the most part. nothing was ever hard there the only thing were the customers because of the location. I really enjoyed how easy the job was and how fast time went by, oh and weekly pay was great.
Pros
weekly pay, discount groceries
Cons
rude customers, 9 hour shifts, short breaks
Confusing and crazy workplace
Bagger and Cart pusher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Managers were very unhelpful with scheduling, Frequently cut hours and scheduled terrible and unwanted hours for young workers. Short breaks did not allow for relaxation at all.
Productive place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2016
A typical shift at HEB was anywhere from 4-14 hours for me because I enjoy working. At the time I was a part-time cashier and I enjoyed the customers and employees. Each day was always different and on some occasions each shift was too.
Heb
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXJanuary 31, 2016
The partners are very nice and seem to care for you. they try to get to know you as a person and not just a worker. the customers a mostly nice. some of them act as if you owe them something. the management mostly back you up if it is a problem with a customer.
Great place to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 30, 2016
I already did a review on HEB. It is a great place to work for and good pay. They work with your school schedule very well and they understand if something comes up.
Hard work with not enough appreciation
part-time Stocker (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 30, 2016
the overnight crew at HEB does pretty much all the work in the tiny amount of time they have. we breakdown the trucks, run the risers, do the backstock, stock the trucks, condition the aisles, and do the fills. it is alot to do in a 8 hour shift but that doesnt matte because if we dont get it all done we must have been messing around to much. The managers do not care.
over all, a job
Diesel Truck Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2016
no progression or advancement in positions available
little professional training, lack of good benefits
pour management communication skills
payed ase testing
Great place to work and shop
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJanuary 25, 2016
HEB has had a huge impact on my life, and I would not have made it this far in life without it. Work is always hectic, but rewarding. I've learned of temperance, patience, and have done a lot of growing up working here. Management always treats me well and listens to what I have to say. Coworkers are always caring and back me up just as effectively as I do for them.
Pros
Weekly paychecks, competitive pay, great benefits.
Cons
Store is somewhat antiquated.
Good place to start
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Nice first job for a high school or college student. That's about it.
Good starting pay and an easy work day.
Typical work day you clock in and bag and push carts until your first break.They'll usually take their sweet time giving you a break but as soon as it's 14:59 seconds they're telling you to get back out there. Sometimes there's free stuff in the break room. That's literally the only perk working there. Getting paid every Thursday was the only thing that kept me there so long. That and the fact that I could see it from my house. I had a okay group of co-workers.Overall it was a 6/10. The turnover rate at HEB is ridiculous. You won't be there long if you have any confidence in your ability as a human being with goals. Management is a gang of 30 somethings. Most enjoyable part? Probably quitting.
Not Bad
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Not a bad place to work but is inconsistent from store to store, which can be good and bad. There is a lot that can be learned working here.
Friendliest Developing Grocery Store
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Portland, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Vigorous paced work environment, always on your toes! I've exceeded my communications skills through this job, alongside using equipment for detailed pricing/product searches. Management, always on point, best management I've experienced so far! Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was only on heavy days. Most enjoyable part of the job- great people to work with! (Managers, Co-workers and all)
Pros
Breaks, Major holidays off, benefits
Cons
Certain amount of hours each week
productive work place with friendly co-workers
CSA bagger (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Most of the time I was bagging but there were times when
I was putting returns back on the shelves and bringing the carts in the parking lot back in.
Fast paced, yet social workplace
Tortilla preparer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Good pay, good people. High turn over rate, probably due to a few high strung managers. I learned to be totally proficient, and to manage my time very well. The hardest part of this job was having a new manager, and having her change everything after i'd already mastered it. The most enjoyable part of HEB was the comfortable atmosphere, and the people who unintentionally made it a 2nd home.
Pros
10% discount, great people, professional environment, great benefits, holiday parties for staff
Cons
Not enough staff in the tortilleria, some catty managers
Great hs/college job
Dairy Lead (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Unless you get into corporate the store jobs are good for while you are in school. Not the greatest pay, but they work around your school schedule
It's friendly customers and co-workers.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
It is a challenging work day mostly on holidays.
I learned communication and confidence.
The best part about that job is that it was my first job and talking to other co-workers.

4.2