HEB Employee Reviews

Found 1,842 reviews matching the search
Productive and outgoing co-workers helping customers.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Productive work.Stock properly and use a forklift. Management inconsistent. Co-workers were outgoing. Unloading the pallets. Interacting with costumers.
Pros
Learning new skills, great pay
Cons
inconsistent managment
It was a family environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Leander, TXSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at work was standing all day, scanning or bagging items and having conversations with customers. I learned how to better my people skills and become more outgoing.
Pros
We got a 10% Discount on HEB brand items
Cons
Brakes were given late when busy
I loved working for HEB
Beauty Advisor/Assistant to Head of Department (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 26, 2016
They are SO flexible on hours. As a college student it is sometimes difficult to find a company that works with you weekly so that you can be efficient in your studies and at your job. I worked at 3 different HEB locations and each one was consistent in a healthy work environment and a happy and helpful staff. It is a really great place to work.
Fast pace and friendly work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXSeptember 26, 2016
HEB has always been a great place to work. The oay is good the hours are good and you get to interact with new people everyday and everyone I worked with was welcoming.
easy
Checker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2016
Great passionate managers, I was able to manage school and work while living on my own. Great flexibility would recommend if you are willing to work weekends
Pros
well paid
Cons
hard to advance
Great Customer Service, Cash Handling Opportunity
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2016
HEB, is great company to work for as a first job. They have an open availability to choose from. Help with school reimbursement. Room for advancement and to move into different departments.
Pros
Open schedule
Cons
very hard to become a full time employee
Lots of drama
Carryout/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yoakum, TXSeptember 24, 2016
Enjoyable with the right bosses and coworkers. Very customer oriented. Must have wonderful people skills and a great attitude. Must be a reliable worker.

Kyleigh Marek
Pros
Break time included
Cons
Hours vary from week to week.
Best place to work
Seafood Rep (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 24, 2016
HEB is one of the best places you could work.You Actually enjoy getting up and going to work. The environment is so inviting and its like a big family, With partners and customers. Lot of opportunities to move up in the great company.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 22, 2016
awesome place to work customers were great. employees always worked together. management always was there. compensation for hard work. rewarding place
productive, good place to start out
Lvl 3 Fryer Operator / TWI Coordinater (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2016
3 rotating shifts, 24 hour plant operations.

typical day starts with team meeting followed by a light stretch work out. management is clear in whats expecte, they listen to what has to be said. hardest part of the day is is only when equipment breaks down. besides that smooth all the way around
Pros
free chips company past for uniforms, good benefits
Cons
limited on the amount of overtime you can work
Very Good Company
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Dripping Springs, TXSeptember 22, 2016
The company and environment are great but varies from store to store. The pay is pretty good for the entry level jobs and if you show initiative there is room for advancement.
Pros
Room for advancement. Decent pay and benefits.
Cons
Sometimes the work environment in a store can be overwhelming
Fastpaced and fun work environment with great employees and customers.
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2016
A typical day at work for me looks like this. I clock in and report immediately to my boss who instructs me on the task that I am in charged of getting done that day. One of the most important things i learned as an assistant service manager is to have a relational relationship with my employees, getting to know them and understand their strength and weaknesses so that I can put them in job situations that best meets their strengths and help productivity within the company cause growth is important. The hardest part of my job is working as a team on the daily between employees and managers, its not always easy working together. The most enjoyable part of my job is my interactions with our customers.
Pros
Healthcare, Advancement, Great Pay
Cons
Long Hours, Understaffed
Producive fast paced
Meat Cutter/Butcher (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Good place to work fun environment and good manangent training. Management cares about employees and makes sure they get the family time needed.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Home life
Do not take a part time job at H.E.B. - they will never hire you F/T.
CSR / Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Do not take a part time job at H.E.B. - they will never hire you F/T. I was hired P/T even though I applied for F/T position listed on their website. I worked 39 1/2 hours a week for a year... then when they should have hired me due to the "40 hours a week" I had for one year.. they found a lame excuse to "release" me. They fought paying me unemployment. I asked for a appeal and the TWC said they "released" me for a non-discipline reason. I got the unemployment but it was 2 months before I got it....
Pros
More pay than Kroger
Cons
No advancement unless you are in Management!!!
Great management, and care about your career
Grocery Stores Corporate Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Everybody in this company is very friendly and helpful. the upper management cares for your upward mobility in the company
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXSeptember 19, 2016
HEB provided me with the opportunity to gain experience working in a variety of departments. I was able to enhance my social skills and was able to learn a variety of positions through out the company. My co-workers were easy to work with and made my job fun and entertaining. Working at HEB provided me with an educational experience in the work force. If I were to return to Texas, I would definitely want to go back to work for a great company like HEB.
Pros
great team members; great benefits; excellent management team
Cons
none at the moment
Fast-pace, friendly work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2016
A typical day was different for someone like me who was known as a good worker. My main position was cashier, but I was constantly requested to work in other departments. I loved all of my coworkers and I learned different way to better myself at whichever job i was working at that day. I worked with some of the best managers i ever have, but of course there were some who didn't deserve that title. The hardest part of my job was working with unruly customers, although I did my best to help in any way I could, it just wasn't enough for some people. What I enjoyed most was working with people, whom some of which I now call my best friends. Overall it was the best work experience I've had to date.
Pros
Great coworkers, flexible schedules
Cons
Management, accountability
Bakery Department Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2016
HEB was a great place to work, management to an interest in staffing. The compensation was excellent, I would have never left but after much discussion with my husband we thought it best for me to stay home and care for our young daughter. Unfortunately, due to some unexpected financial expense I needed to return to the workforce.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
Work life balance and work many holidays
H-E-B is actually the best company I've worked for. They are an energized company that strives for customer satisfaction. Managers are goal driven.
Business Center Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Personallly, I love working for H-E-B but I recent situation has me working in a new position. This position is an over-night sticker. I'm used to working with customers and providing excellent customer service. The position that I am now working has really put an inconvenience in my life and I would really like to find a job that I can work though the day. With my 2 and a half years with H-E-B I never had a problem with working there, until now.
Pros
Great working experience, breaks and lunches, nice break room, frequent employee events, savings
Cons
Shift hours
Heb has its pros and cons.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Started off as a bagger then cashier then business center. There is a lot of room to grow. They work with schedules so this is a good job for students. Pay was handsome and weekly. I made a mistake in business center and it caused me greatly. Benefits got taken away and work became miserable. Gotta have a lot of customer service passion to want to stay in this job.
Pros
Free stuff every now and then, high pay weekly, they tend to hire outgoing fun people
Cons
Breaks never on time, store is usually packed, customers often angry

4.2