HEB Employee Reviews

Worked during high school
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2017
HEB was able to work around my schedule as an athlete in high school. I was able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week. I became familiar with many of the customers.
Was ok but didn’t like it
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2017
I worked here when I was pregnant and they would overwork me, never again will I go back. Also very rude coworkers and my manager was not the best. And never flexible with hours.
Love heb
sacker, cashier, book keeper (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXOctober 16, 2017
Enjoyed working here, employees are great and management is great they will work with you if you have school or kids at home. They trained you well....
Good Place
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2017
It was a good place to work the store manager was great person to work for it was the supervisor that was okay to work with he was rude to some of the workers and would yell at them in front of other employees, but if you just go in and do your job you will be just fine.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Company
Produce/Perishable Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2017
Good company with flexible hours. Great if you are in school and need a source of income on the side. Also great place to grow and try to move up in the company.
Gonzales HEB is horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, TXOctober 14, 2017
Our upper management is cut throat. The store director is the worst. He wants us to trust him which is a joke.

Heb is a great company but not at the Gonzales store.
Benefits
Cons
Store director
Good place to work. Needs less production.
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 14, 2017
I'm an overnight baker and let me say, it gets pretty intense. I don't mind the work but some days it's hard to even sit down and take a break. The past manager I've worked with wanted a lot of production such as overnight baking, sour cream, donuts, and frying tortilla chips. Which do end up as being "shrink". (A loss of product being expired and not bought) because my manager asked for more than what is needed. You do get a floater for some days (an extra person helping out) but most days you are just on your own. You do get overtime pretty often, sometimes they approve of it or they let you get off early which is nice. You would barely deal with customers at night, and if you do, you usually write on cakes for them or get them something off the showcase and that's about it. Overnight people do tend to listen to music which can always help you through the night. Pay is good, you'll move up quickly if you do your best. You get great benefits if you switch to full time. There's good discounts, you get rewarded with food and bonuses which does make me feel greatly appreciated.
Pros
Pay weekly. Benefits. Discounts.
Cons
Production.
It's a great company
Curbside Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXOctober 13, 2017
I loved working at HEB. My best job so far! Great people, chill work environment and understanding environment. Very diverse. I loved working at Heb y.
good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 13, 2017
operated the cash register attended to customer need and enjoyed my job it was a fast pace but there were a lot of employee and we help each other good breaks and lunch
Pros
good breaks
Cons
on track with the breaks and lunch
Great place to Intern
Business Intelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2017
HEB has a great culture that is perfect for interns to gain the skills needed for real-world jobs. They have the best technology and an abundance of support to guide people seeking jobs in Information Technology.
Fun
GM Stocker (Current Employee) –  Boerne, TXOctober 13, 2017
Good place to work at in college or if you want to go further with the company. Relaxed and easy most of the time. Have loved my time there and will miss when I move on to my professional job.
Pros
Fun, Relaxed
Cons
Fast paced
Good stable work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 13, 2017
Great company to work in... Moving up is good for those who can handle it. Good pay and good work culture but some stores are better than others. Store leadership can make or break a career.
fun, fast-paced, stressfull day
Checker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXOctober 12, 2017
A typical day at HEB is generally fast-paced and stressful because of all of the customers, especially around the holidays, but working with the other employees makes the it more fun. The environment allows for a lot more levity than other workplaces as long as the work is being done correctly and the customers are not being forgotten. In fact, HEB prefers that the employees be more outgoing and conversational with both employees and customers, which makes the job easier to handle.
Pros
discounts and 401K
Cons
too many managers
H.E.B is a great place
Cashier- 4 years (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2017
H.E.B has been a wonderful Experince. I have worked since i was in High school . I enjoyed meet and greeting new people. H.E.B is a great place to be when it come down to organizing and staying on top of work. I really did Love My job.
Fun place to work good benifits.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 12, 2017
Worked the cash register also assisted in other dept that need help on a daily bases. Learned that you don't have to be a certain age to make anything happen with this company. Management was ok didn't have a issue with anyone there. The hardest part in the dept i worked in was that i had to clean up mess that people would make. I enjoyed it cause with this company you can go a long way in such little time. i have friends that have made it to the top with this company got benefits as well.
Pros
benifits
Cons
n/a
It was a great place to work
Deli Clerk / Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 11, 2017
The staff was great and management was easy to get along with. They where very family orientated. The only reason that I am no longer there was because I had to move and the area I moved to was to far away, and they did not have an HEB in the area.
the manager I had wasnt fair
Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2017
not sure if it was just the person in charge but she was short and rude i asked for help she just did the job herself i asked about schedule i could not work specific hours she didn't want to work with me. this experience was a long time ago
Great Company
Partner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2017
Excellent culture, partners and customers. Everyday sets up new challenges & goals and the management is great. There is a sense of ownership and everyone is passionate about taking care of the customer.
Fun work environment
General Merchandise/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 11, 2017
This was a wonderful company to work for, the management was great and helpful when they could be. The company was very flexible and would do what they could to help out the community.
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
Long hours for no benefits
Typical day at work
Perishables Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
My job was to make sure that every customer had a good experience with our store and products.
benefits
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEB. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3