HEB
1,361 reviews

HEB Employee Reviews

Good workers / Bad management
cashier (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJuly 31, 2015
Pros: luncheons, partner gatherings
Cons: Late or no breaks
Workers are great, management is poor. Too many chiefs not enough indians. Never enough hours, favoritism plays a big role. Management doesn't do anything but stand around and gossip.
Great company
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 30, 2015
Great company to work for that provides great benefits. I was able to work different departments and expand my skills. Co workers were all friendly.
Organized and Productive Work Place
Customer-Service Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
Very Busy Through The First and The Fifth , Wonderful Employees , Hardest Part Is Dealing With Rude Customers, Management Always Making Sure The Job Is Done Right, Sometimes It Can Be A Slow Day At Work
Fun and friendly coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee), Livingston, TXJuly 29, 2015
Fun environment. Great coworkers. Competitive pay. Managers friendly and helpful. Very repetitive. Very few hours. No benefits.
Great Place to Shop.
Cashier (Current Employee), Beaumont, TexasJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Break time
I loved the store I came from previously before our new location was built. The service management specifically is a strain and two of them to be even more specific, are very difficult to work with.
Great Job to have in highschool
Bagger / Cart Handler (Former Employee), Boerne, TXJuly 29, 2015
HEB is a great starter job with plenty of career opportunities and room for advancements. by far one of the best companies ive ever had the pleasure of working for. Perfect for learning customer service and needs.
Fun but productive atmosphere, good people to work with.
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: raffles, lunches
Cons: working conditions
A fast paced environment with an emphasis on productivity,however you are compensated fairly and they keep it as relaxed as possible with raffles and regular free lunches
HEB is family
Cashier (Former Employee), Bryan, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Wonderful place to work
Cons: didn't have any issues
I enjoyed working at HEB, taking care of the customers, and working as part of this wonderful team/family. I left only because I wanted to give all my focus to my classes, so I could complete it and be done. I would go back to HEB if the right job opened up.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waco, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great environment, good managers, flexibility, easy relocation
Cons: Weekend work, work till midnight
Assisted customers in needs from helping to vehicle, effective communicating, checking out groceries, loading and unloading groceries, handling money, facility cleaning, and keeping a positive attitude.
fun place managers are very tideous
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), League City, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: not much
Cons: too much
always nagging managers. holidays suck and never get any weekends off. co workers are fun to work with and pay isnt to great
Good job, bad management
❸ Assist customers (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Awards for work
Cons: Management
I've only worked in the deli department of HEB and that was a fun job because of the customer interaction and the coworkers that I had at the time. Overall, no complaints about the actual work except for the managers. They were VERY hard to work with. They were very lazy and were quick to get mad at everybody for one person's mistakes. Favorites are definitely played at this job as well.
handle transactions, help customers, and clean work area
Cashier (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXJuly 24, 2015
its a great company to work for, there are many benefits that go along with this job. You are compensated well and there are chances to grow with the company.
great place with a fooseball table
Selector (Former Employee), Temple, TXJuly 23, 2015
each day was a new challenge no day was the same i til have two brothers that work there and they both love it. couldnt think of a better place to work
Nice place to work
Bagger and Cashier (Former Employee), Waco, TXJuly 23, 2015
This is a good place to work if you only need part time to finish school. They tend to work with schedules and any other personal issues that come up. But be prepared to work every weekend if your availability allows for it.
Fun Place
Cashier (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXJuly 23, 2015
It was always busy and fun. Always meeting new people. It was a fast pace work environment. My co-workers made the experience fun. Management was willing to work with you.
ok place to work at.
night stocker (Current Employee), Laredo,txJuly 22, 2015
its ok. lots of work and good pay no complains there.I recommend this company. Just dedicate yourself to work. and all is good.
Decent Work-Environment and Great Partners
Receiving Director / Lead Maintenance (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
Typical work day includes finding out what needs to be fixed or completed in order to help the next shift.
Helped provide great customer service to customers.
Like a family, very nice workplace to work in
Business Center Rep (Current Employee), SummerwoodJuly 22, 2015
It's a great place to work in, co-workers, or so we call partners are very nice people, no drama, no fights, just a simple calm environment. The enjoyable part is that the company has great benefits and they care very much about you, they just have a lot to offer.
Stay away from the Deli at 22!
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Nice people to work with, fun work place
Cons: never get your breaks, managers are spiteful
I like this company however, my manager in the Deli is very vindictive,spiteful and hateful. She will smile in your face and talk about you like a dog behind your back. If she gets mad at you she will cut your hours, write you up for any and everything she can possibly think of. She never takes responsibility for her own actions and blames her partners instead of herself for her mistakes. She will not let you take your full fifteen minute break and will lie in your face about everything! She is the devil! Why is she in a management position when she cant order items needed for her department? Stay away from #22 especially the Deli! I liked the people I work with and other managers in the store were wonderful!
Friendly, caring, helpful, team oriented, community involved; my HEB
Cashier/Bagger (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Friendly, team oriented, community involved, flexible scheduling, benefits
Cons: The occasional unfriendly customer
I have a deep respect for the HEB company and what it stands for. This company is constantly involved in the community and is always striving to make it the best place to shop. The management and employees are friendly, caring, and truly do their best to work together as a team. I am proud to be a part of the HEB team. Always do your best to keep a positive friendly and welcoming attitude even if you come across difficult or frustrating situations, and always try to keep the customer satisfied with your service. I like the scheduling flexibility because it allowed me to work throughout numerous college classes without any serious conflicts. The company also offers great benefits for its partners.

1 2 3 4 5

About HEB

H-E-B is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas with approximately $17 billion in revenue and 76,000 Partners. Founded in 1905, H-E-B – Read more

HEB Salaries