HEB

HEB Employer Reviews

very productive
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Cypress, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: 2 hr lunches
Cons: you can sometimes be overworked
its busy and you get paid well

its a friendly atmosphere

just be ready to work
great food
Cashier (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great food
Cons: alwasy busy
got experience with food great atmosphere,always busy get really packed on the weekend. the food is always fresh .
Interaction all around
General Merchandise Night Stocker (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: chose the days you wanted off
Cons: short breaks or not enough
Pulled all the pallets to the aisle where they would be getting unpacked stalked on the shelves. Stalked shelves in a fast pace due to the time we were given. Ended the night with unloading all the empty boxes and fronting the shelves. Learned to move fast and manage time. Management checked on us all the time. Loved the ground of guys i worked with. – more... The hardest part was trying to sleep during the day. The most enjoyable was seeing how fast i could stalk all the merchandise. – less
For the vamps of the world
Stock Controller (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2014
HEB is a great place to work. Overnight grocery teaches employees how to prepare store for the next business day. Management is great as well as the partners you work along side of. Sometimes its difficult to get out at scheduled time, but your hard work does pay off for both you and the company.
Fun, but demanding work environment
Bakery Department Lead (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: healthcare and 401k
Each day at H-E-B is different. This job calls for someone who can work in a fast-paced environment with constant management supervision. I spent 10 years with the company, and enjoyed every minute of it, but you must be a self-motivated, hard-working individual to succeed and grow with the company as I did.
fun workplace but i need something different
checker /Cashier (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2014
i learned how to take care of customers and have good attitude , my co workers were pretty cool it was a nice environment to be around .
the hardest part of the job is packing / bagging all goods .
i enjoyed it because some customers would be so nice an caring and my day would go by fast .
Productive, fun workplace
CHECKER (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 15, 2014
I really enjoyed working at HEB for the time I was there. Not only were they really flexible with my schedule between work and school, but they also made me feel taken care of. The managers were super strict but also very caring and fun. I was able to talk to them about anything and they always had the answers when I didn't have them.
Productive and engaging environment
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: pay rate, flexible, night crew, and knowing the entire store better than most
Cons: lack of accountability for others and small crew at times
Typical day at work - Come in at 9:55 PM and clock in. Begin using a manual & electric pallet jack to unload roughly 20-35 pallet from within trailers(merchandise trucks). Once majority of pallets are outside of the trailer and on the floor a group consisting of me and 2-3 others would begin stripping them down. The pallets were usually 8-10 feet high – more... and roughly 5-6 feet wide with a wide variety of items needed to be sorted, organised, and stocked/zoned before the store opened at 6:30 AM. We'd have 5-7 carts for 8 isles and distribute the merchandise from pallets onto the carts at a fast and efficient pace usually before lunch, which began at 12:30 AM. After all said pallets have been stripped down to only the base pallet itself we'd bring the carts to each designated isle and begin stocking/zoning. After one person is finished stocking his isle, he'd throw away all the plastic and cardboard box present on his isle to the electric compacter. Afterwords, the person will zone their designated isle(s) then proceed to help others with theirs if not completed.

What I learned - Learned how to use electric & manual pallet jacks, efficiently distribute workers in an environment, inventory log, and loading/unloading preperation

Management - Worked under two different managers. It was usually efficient, communicative, and good work ethic allowing others to distribute work accordingly except at times where there was lack of accountability for others.

Co-workers - Great crew except for a handful of workers creating a larger workload for others usually due to laziness and/or tardiness.

Hardest part of the job - Completion of pallets before lunch

Most enjoyable part of the job - Competition among co-workers to see who finishes their isle first. – less
A good place
Beauty Advisor/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), kerrvilleDecember 12, 2014
a great place with great people always a good enviroment and the regulars are always so sweet
Great place to work, with flexible hours.
Customer service assistant/cashier (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2014
This is a great place to work, I was able to get my degree and still work at the same time because they allowed me to create my own shedule.
Good place to work, no benefits.
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee), Livingston, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: okay pay, break every 2 hours, fun enviroment, easy raises.
Cons: no benefits for working there(besides a free turkey at thanksgiving), overstaffed(some weeks few hours)
I had worked here for a good year. You start as a bagger, but can easily progress to a nice raise and a position of Cashier. They pay for your TABC License, and gas for the trip. Excellent place to work at if you're getting out of Highschool.
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: opportunities to move up in the company and working with great partners.
Cons: sometimes behind on breaks and lunches, but at least we get them.
A typical day at work is usually fun. Its mostly the partners and the managers that make the day go by. We joke around and we interact with customers to make their experience fun and enjoyable. The management ensures that we are doing our job right and help us make improvements where needed. They make the job fun by doing little competitions to sell – more... the most of one product or have the highest items per minute and the prize varies. The most enjoyable part of my job is my partners. I have made many friends by working at HEB. Also if you have problems they have a free partner help line where there are people who are there for you who can listen and help you. Also your fellow partners will help you because they become your family. – less
good work place weird hours
cashier (Current Employee), TXDecember 4, 2014
Pros: breaks every 2 hours, regular raises
Cons: hard time getting full time, not many hours
fast paced days
learned how do be quick on my feet
management is friendly but can vanish
coworkers are friendly
hardest part is when they give you weird hours or not enough
but the best is the people they are easy to get along with
Ok job environment
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2014
Pros: gym access, flexible scheduling, didn't work weekends
Cons: was not treated with respect by other employees that didn't see us as security
management was get with scheduling and you knew what you were working for the whole month and the following month
many different culture backgrounds working there which made it hard to know what was disrespectful to certain people.
the hardest part was having to deal with VP and higher ranking personal that saw security more as a desk assistant and – more... had no respect for us.
had a 24 fitness center to be used which was great and also healthy eating habits for the employees. – less
x
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee), Crockett, TXDecember 3, 2014
Working for heb was a good experience. I learned alot of people skills and i learned how to be more responsible.
Friendly place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 2, 2014
My position was too physically challenging. I applied for and was hired as a cashier but performing only bagging which was too hard for me.
Great for college students
Cashier/Gas station attendant (Former Employee), Victoria, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: managers can be creeps, customers, standing on your feet all day
Easy job. Get a raise twice a year. Part-timers get full-time insurance, 401K, paid vacation, 10% discount on HEB and hill-country fare products, tuition assistance, and free items once a week. Cons: managers constantly getting after you about getting to work and not talking to other co-workers. It's hard to even take a bathroom break.
Stocker
HEB Grocery (Former Employee), Burleson, TXDecember 1, 2014
Unload Trucks with dairy products. disperse to the correct freezers and stock shelves rotating products
Also place to work with great benefits
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: promotion meals
Cons: all of the break down of the equiment
HEB warehouse I learn a lot an I also achieve a lot there I work very hard there as associated an also was promoted to being a supervisor I enjoyed the operation of the job how things flow in the proper way an also my co workers when things was on track the hardest part of my job was trying to mange to keep everyone on track.
Mostly friendly and fun place to work.
Cashier, Business Center Rep (Current Employee), New Braunfels, TXNovember 30, 2014
Pros: several casual days, free lunches from time to time, very flexible schedules.
Cons: pay could be better. could allow more sick days.
The management and employees are surprisingly nice and fun. No one's too strict or too lax. Expectations are clear and well established. Would recommend to friends and family.

1 2 3 4 5

About HEB

H-E-B is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas with approximately $17 billion in revenue and 76,000 Partners. Founded in 1905, H-E-B – Read more