HEB
1,164 reviews

HEB Employer Reviews

Love HEB
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Katy, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible with schedule, great benefits, partner discounts, partner parties
Cons: n/a
I love working at HEB. They are very flexible with your schedule. Management is great. Working at HEB has made me know people. There are customers that are very nice and friendly, and others that are very tough to handle. The hardest part of the job is standing all day or when is a slow day. The most enjoyable is when its busy because time flies.
Fast paced, Great pay, Friendly Coworkers, Great Floor Managers
Cashier (Former Employee), Midland, TXMarch 23, 2015
Fast and friendly service, Account for your money every time, Always smile,
Customer service, Proper money management,
Most Managers were good there were some that failed to do their jobs though.
Awesome Coworkers.
Everything was pretty hard but worth it
Meeting all kinds of people
productive, fast work environment
Bagger (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free bakery items
Cons: not enough hours
HEB is a fast pace environment
employees are fun to work with
the hardest part of the job was during the summer
bringing in shopping carts making sure to drink plenty of water
Productive and active workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 22, 2015
Interact with other employees, while speaking to costumers throughout the work day. Had to meet certain items per minutes every week.
Good company
CAKE DECORATOR (Former Employee), Hancock, TxMarch 19, 2015
Arranged and stocked department displays. Proofed dough products and baked breads, cookies and other bakery products. Creatively decorated cakes, cupcakes, tarts and pastries as well as special order items. Interacted with customers and retail buyers to follow-up on shipping statuses and expedited orders. Served as the company’s only bilingual Spanish/English customer service representative.
Such a great experience!
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: the management truly cares!
I worked for H-E-B for 5 and a half years and loved every minute of it. There are days dealing with the public can be hard, but the awesome staff that I was surrounded with helped that. H-E-B truly cares about their partners, and will do anything to see their partners excel!
relaxing work place
Night Stocker (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2015
a typical day at work would be down stacking and stocking items on shelfs, co workers are easy to work with, management needs to focus more on what needs to be ordered,there is not really a hard pat of the job, the part of the job that is most enjoyable is stocking the isle, i learned how to move fast and block all items for a good presentation
Wonderful people to work with and for. Met amazing customers
Cashier (Former Employee), La Vernia TexasMarch 18, 2015
Pros: money, ability to move up, customer service. benefits
Cons: scheduling.
I had an amazing time working for HEB. Their benefits were fantastic. The only thing I didn't like was there was no balance to work schedules.
HEB was a great job for starting out in the workforce
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2015
HEB was a great place to work. All of my coworkers were very friendly and good to get along with. Management was great it was a good customer service job i enjoyed it a lot.
Lots of opportunity to advance
Cashier (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXMarch 16, 2015
As someone who works at the front end, having a college degree does me absolutely no good. I still push carts and bag groceries without making enough money to pay back my student loans. For that reason, this particular area of the company is most ideal for current students, either in high school or college, not so much for a professional outlook. That is, unless you want to spend years trying to advance within the company. They have many great programs to help those that wish to do so. The company has a great philosophy, and they really do feel like family.
Busy and fun environment
Perishables Rep (Current Employee), Pearland, TXMarch 14, 2015
Pros: constant movement (exercise)
Cons: short breaks and unpredictable schedules
I've worked at HEB for 8 years in several different departments. I currently work in Produce which is a lot of work but self-fulfilling. Most days I will work from 4:00 AM to 12:30 PM. Coming in this early (2 hours before opening) allows me to fix and fill the department as needed to make it presentable before the early-bird customers come in. The truck will come in between 4 - 6 AM and we start breaking down pallets of product (12 - 20 pallets depending on the day). Working at the Pearland Market is gratifying because I get to fill different areas the way I would want a produce department to look like if I was the customer. I aim for perfection so items are sometimes strategically placed for merchandising and hopefully better sales due to appearance. The hardest part is waking up at 3 AM but the best part is getting off around lunch time. It is also a good team-work environment where each partner is responsible for different parts of the department but we still help each other when needed.
good working environment
Service Manager (Current Employee), Conroe, TxMarch 14, 2015
as a manager you work 50 hour work weeks if salary. if you are hourly, you work 40 hour work weeks. the work isn't hard just a fast pace environment. overall loved working for the company.
HEB
Cashier (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 14, 2015
HEB Is A Major Grocery Store Chain In The State Of Texas. It Was Enjoyable Working In This Environment. I Learned So Much About Food, Customer Service And The Texas Cultural.
the manangers are there for you to see you become sucessful.
Cashier (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free samples of food
Cons: understaffed
It is a very good company to work for. Just wanted a change of scearny wanted to open my horizions . The company works with your schedule if you want to work a another job or go to school.
Fun and productive place to work
Market Production Specialist I (Current Employee), Central MarketMarch 12, 2015
Although there are issues with management enforcing accountability, HEB is a good place to work. There is decent work-life balance, and flexibility in work schedules.
great
Frozen Lead/Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good pay lots of overtime
Cons: not much of personal life
great place to work at, flexible if on day shift. Hard work overnight. highly team oriented place. pay is pretty good and health benefit are easy to achieve once full time.
okay
Showtime Representative (Current Employee), Kenedy, TxMarch 10, 2015
Great company but the management in some stores leave a lot to be desired. Co workers are great and it can be a fun place to work
Great place to work!
Scratch Baker (Former Employee), Cypress, TXMarch 6, 2015
Pros: excellent health benefits, comparable pay scale
Cons: long days-on occasion.
I would to go work and bake breads and muffins. I also made breads and various muffins from scratch.
I learned how to make breads/muffins from scratch.
Managers were very positive and cheerful.
You had various people from many walks of life.
fun place
Cashier/Bookkeeper (Current Employee), San AntonioMarch 5, 2015
Great place to work. Flexible schedules and possibility to grow within the company are everywhere. People you work with are both young and older.
playful laid back
Cashier (Former Employee), San Antoino, TexasMarch 5, 2015
The day usually consisted of talking to many different customers. The staff was very warm hearted and accepting. I loved seeing the many variety of peoplr and children.

1 2 3 4 5

About HEB

H-E-B is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas with approximately $17 billion in revenue and 76,000 Partners. Founded in 1905, H-E-B – Read more

HEB Salaries