Coordinator of Enrollment Management & Recruitment Communications
National Office of Recruitment & Admissions
Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion (Cincinnati Campus)
Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion (HUC-JIR) is the intellectual, academic, spiritual and professional leadership development center of Reform Judaism. Since its founding in 1875 in Cincinnati, the institution has educated men and women to serve the Reform movement and the broader Jewish community in North America, Israel and around the world. Its alumni include rabbis, cantors, educators, and Jewish nonprofit communal professionals, as well as college, university, and seminary scholars. HUC-JIR includes four campuses – Cincinnati, Jerusalem, Los Angeles and New York.
The Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion (HUC-JIR) seeks a highly motivated, detail oriented and "big picture" data whiz who enjoys working with people to administer and coordinate the recruitment and admissions process for year-round applications received for fourteen of HUC-JIR's graduate level programs and 200 - 300 incoming students annually. The position is based in the National Office of Recruitment and Admissions (NORA), located on HUC-JIR's Cincinnati campus, and reports to the National Director of Recruitment and Admission.
The Coordinator of Enrollment Management and Recruitment Communications will work in a highly collaborative environment and across platforms, including phone, email, video conference and with screen-sharing software. The Coordinator will also be part of a cross functional team that includes the National Director of Recruitment and Admission, regional recruitment and admissions professionals, the department's executive assistant, the institution's Registrar and Chief Technology Officer, software vendors and other stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ongoing Data Management of current, past and prospective applicants to all of HUC-JIR's graduate programs;
- Communication sequencing and tracking for inquiries, prospects, applicants and newly accepted students;
- Coordinate event-based email marketing with development office;
- Distribution of NORA reports to recruitment & admissions staff and program directors on all of HUC-JIR's campuses;
- Provide consistently excellent customer service, via phone and email, to prospective applicants, current applicants and students, recruitment and admissions staff members, and HUC-JIR program staff;
- Document Management: data entry, scanning, filing and tracking receipt of admissions related materials (including applicant reminders and associated documents);
- Serve as the Department of Admissions & Recruitment liaison with the Student Information System team;
- In conjunction with the National Director of Recruitment and Admissions, analyze and forecast enrollment and prepare reports to guide the strategic decisions of HUC-JIR's senior administration.
- Systematic Organization & Project Management Experience;
- Data Entry: Facility with Empower, SIS or other Enterprise-Level Software;
- Microsoft Office, including Excel, Windows 7/8, Mail/Merge using Word & Excel, etc.;
- Able to learn new software quickly and with "deep comprehension";
- Photocopying and Scanning;
- Professional Communication and the ability to meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of and facility with relational database principles and system/software integration;
- Commitment to absolute confidentiality regarding all applicant and current student information/data, as well as that of HUC-JIR staff;
- Upholding institutional policy/procedure and all education laws/regulations (e.g. FERPA);
- Familiarity with the higher education environment and Reform Jewish organizations.
- Ability to be supervised, but also able to teach/guide others;
- Enjoy solving puzzles and determining how data informs policy;
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion;
- Maintain poise under pressure.
SALARY RANGE: $35,000 - $40,000 with Competitive Benefits
PLEASE FORWARD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME VIA E-MAIL TO:
Jeremy F. Perlin
National Director of Legal Affairs & Human Resources
Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion
National Office of Human Resources
3101 Clifton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45220
NO PHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE