My client, a large international financial services company with a significant commitment to the agricultural industry, seeks a Senior Relationship Manager (SRM) for the state of Iowa. The SRM will be located in the Twin Cities area where the company maintains a regional office. This position will require travel of 25-30% of the SRM’s time, primarily by company car. The SRM will be responsible for business development and customer management in Iowa. He/she will provide agricultural investment and advisory services to existing and potential large complex customers and find solutions for customer needs through offering the client’s products and services. Additionally, the SRM will evaluate customer’s needs, bring in specialists where needed and negotiate acceptable product structures. The SRM will work with multiple person deal teams and a Sr. Relationship Analyst to assure accurate presentation of customer’s requests and are within the credit policies and procedures established by the company. The SRM will recommend customer requests and applications to the Credit department for approval.
The SRM will be specialized and serve as an industry resource within the client for the agribusiness segment. Current and potential clients include grain elevators, agronomy companies, ag equipment manufacturers, food processors and packages, dairy processors, etc. The SRM will actively work with regional and senior management in identifying strategic growth opportunities for client.
Such responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being the primary contact for the origination and servicing of loans of customers of all sizes but primarily targeted at agribusiness companies with sales in the $50 million to $750 million range. The SRM will coordinate deal teams composed of department specialists in assisting the structuring, approval, closing and servicing of these large customers.
- Position themselves with customers as a knowledge provider by bringing in the client’s worldwide perspective on markets, using other client services and agribusiness research to set the client apart from other loan providers in the market.
- Provide customers annually a presentation of how the client’s services can increase their operations efficiency and profitability, and be a provider of solutions for customers.
- Grow/maintain the SRM’s portfolio and increase profit line each year.
Job Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret risk in appraisals, financial statements, and other customer data.
- Successfully completed advanced credit/risk structuring course as identified by the client or equivalent testing.
- Ability to communicate, market and sell the client’s products.
- Excellent communication skills required…must be able to manage cross organizational relationships.
- Experience in loan documentation.
- Working knowledge of agribusinesses and the agribusiness industry in Iowa.
- B.S. Degree with Masters preferred, 7+ years of professional experience.
- Computer proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Must possess good human relations, communication skills and ability to exercise good judgment and work as a team member.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and have a strong desire to succeed.
This position requires a proven and experienced professional and as such, a substantial base salary and bonus opportunity will be provided. A comprehensive benefit program and company car are also part of the compensation package.