Heery International Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Very good place to work
Geographic Information Systems Technician II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 30, 2017
This was a great company work for with management that is very helpfully and provide guidance. The work is interesting and keep the employee busy everyday.
Great people, great history
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
Great group of people trying hard to create meaningful facilities that produce positive results for the clients they serve. Great location in the heart of Midtown.
Pros
Heart of Midtown
Cons
Firm has lost a lot of talent over the years
Wonderful place to work until latest CEO came on board 3 years ago.
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2016
I was a generalist. Every day was different. I could be that I had to do photography of finished architectural projects, or job site photography of ongoing projects or Corporate head shots.

I was also Social Media manager, so I would research, write and post content to all of our social media, including internal intranet, company website, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts.

Before the new CEO came and did away with all printed publications, I was editor of every printed piece that went out from the company.

I was in charge of the Company Store so I would sometimes deal with issues involving the store and its functioning and content. I worked with a product rep to acquire items for anyone in the company who would need special order items. I would also make sure that the store was always appropriately stocked with predetermined logo-ed items.

I also created, updated and maintained our original online photo library, which has now evolved into a Digital Asset Management system (Open Asset), housing over 15,000 images.

I was often heading up projects and was easily able to manage others and get us all to work together for our common goal. Very good people.

The hardest thing about my job was getting people to think in terms of immediate social media, rather than quarterly publications. I would find out about events after the fact, that would've been great to post to social media, but we were making progress.

One of the things I enjoyed about working there was the people. They were talented, conscientious and fun to work with. Every day was different, so
  more... I was never bored.  less
Pros
Used to be a wonderful place to work.
Cons
New CEO wants younger employees, I was told my job was being "phased out" yet all the work I did still continues, Younger/less expensive employees are being hired to replace older, Company lacks direction, Many are leaving the firm as it seems to be losing traction in the design community, Firm is leaving midtown at a time when firms want to be in midtown.
Interesting people projects and places.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 3, 2014
Heery International is a US wide Company and offers great benefit's.
Got to work on large projects.
Pros
Nice offices
Cons
Hard Waork
Productive and strong leadership management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2013
I enjoyed working for Heery, but it was a contract job for part time work. The only reason at the time I left, was due to I was only looking for part time work to satisfy my home obligations. Now the family is older and wish I would have stayed on.
Overall enjoyable experience, and a learning experience.
Electrical Inspector/Project Management (Former Employee) –  1800 F street, NW DCAugust 27, 2013
Daily review of electrical RFI's and contractor responses, logged daily inspection request GSA EPM. Inspected for code compliance and owners spec's., wrote SOW's for change orders. Responded to Quality Control Manager's request. Attended owners meetings, coordinated fire alarm and utility request with the owner and building manager. Coordinated owner and Pepco's MV installation and testing with the electrical contractor. Hardest part of the job was GSA's lack of code compliance, always lack of money to install in accordance with the NEC. The most enjoyable part was working with the engineer and electrical contractor. Upper management was supportive, site management wasn't interest about employees issues unless it affected them. Harassment policy wasn't followed. Lack of supervision for unqualified employees (inspectors) in positions of importance.
Pros
Flexibility in work hours, Great company, mostly good people.
Cons
No communication
Very friendly company
project manager/supt. (Former Employee) –  baltimore,mdJuly 20, 2013
I was given various job in Baltimore and Virginia to be project manager and superintendent and was back by main office on different request of supplies and admin. work.
Pros
good company to work for
Executive Management Uninvolved
QC/QA - Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NHDecember 13, 2012
I enjoyed the job although it was a project specific job that had a specific end. It was a joint venture and the JV partner was the lead so the executive management for Heery was uninvolved.
Pros
great job
Cons
travel
Excellent Architectural/Engineering and Program Management
COST ANALYST/PROJECT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2012
First job after graduating college. Gained valuable knowledge and the people were very willing to work with someone with very little experience.
Great place for advancement.
Document Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJuly 13, 2012
I was responsible for managing the document control on a $350MM design/build project. My daily responsibilities were to manage and maintain all documentation pertaining to the project. In addition I provided administrative support when needed. I worked with a very knowledgable and supportive team which made this experience even more so enjoyable and rewarding. Through my hard work and determination, we successfully passed multiple yearly audits and had a very satisfied customer.
Management has a lack of experience in construction
Project Estimator -Owners Representative (GSA) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 28, 2012
HI west coast management is comprised of accountants and managers with no or limited construction experience
Eager
Commissioning Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2012
Heery is a very good company. The division I worked for was understaffed and anticipations were above what one could provide with no time to bring some up to speed.
Pros
pro-active
Cons
eager, but understaffed
Works as a "professional family" that succeeds collectively.
Project Director & Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL/Atlanta, GA/Raleigh, NCApril 27, 2012
A wonderful "big" company under the guidance and leadership of progressive conservatives that allow project management to work. Regions are self sufficient but have the luxury to go to others to gather their talent and expertise as necessary and appropriate. Great interaction that comes from the "family" approach is fostered and cherished. There are several "brothers and sisters" (Regions), but only one family (Heery).
a typical day at work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2012
Heery International is a construction management architecture engineering firm headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia when I worked for them in the late seventies and early eighties. I worked on an Industrial project located in Connecticut. Our task was to centrally relocate a large jet engine company back into one location that had been strategically scattered during world war two. The process of how Heery works at providing the owners with time, cost and design as one package is a great one. I have used this method of designing with all companies I have worked for since leaving in 1983. This jet-engine company project was driven by Construction management garenteed max pricing at the end of SD phase. Designing a project with money driving the design was a learning experience and it taught me a great deal on this large industrial architectural project.
Pros
extensive education every week
Cons
because company is recognized all over world, you had to travel allot
Great company
Quality Assurance/Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2012
Great company. Enjoyed my time there. Worked on some very challenging projects.
Productive environment with good leadership
Project Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2012
Productive environment with good leadership. I was an intern here, and they treated me well.
Pros
great company and community