HEI Hotels & Resorts

HEI Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

this is a poor place to work !
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 17, 2016
The GM doesn't care about the employees. He buys his guest scores. HEI seams to look the other way on this. I think that the owners are planning on unloading this property.
Pros
it was a great place to work but most of the employees that really cared have quit.
Cons
GM
Great People
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2015
It was a long time ago, not really sure about the whole job.
The most thing I would have to say is it was Great working with the kitchen staff.
Pros
Kitchen Staff
Cons
Not a lot
Awful company and management
Server (Former Employee) –  championship circle fort worthJuly 8, 2015
I worked at championship circle in fort worth marriott. Worst place ever to work. Management is awful and many of us tried to get a hold of hei but no response.Stay away from that that place..
Pros
nothing
Cons
don't work there period
Great environment and amazing GM
Executive Committee (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaFebruary 6, 2015
A great environment in Philly where people are constantly growing an we are challenged to do better. Our new GM is fantastic, supportive and lives the company values
Pros
work/life balance, uniforms, parking
Cons
benefits program, training platforms
not bad
manager (Current Employee) –  new yorkOctober 20, 2014
good company overall, work life balance could be better. However hospitality never stops.
horrible place to work
Orlando (Former Employee) –  OrlandoSeptember 20, 2014
not a good place to work.Upper Management has their head in the clouds. Regional director is nasty and rude. Hotel needed a lot of work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
some employees were nice
nice employers
Valet Driver/ Concierge (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2014
good company nice managers helpful friendly all about the customers.
Pros
advancement
Cons
security
High Stress Long Hours
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 9, 2014
Manage daily operations of front office.
ensure team members are using correct verbiage during guest interactions
Awfull!!!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMay 20, 2014
good place to work management is very sub standard and take no accountability for sevles.
Manager and Supervisors work from a personal like or dis like concept and govern their departments in a
good ole boy" regime.
Pros
free lunch, septa discounts, location
Cons
poor management, o accountability, favorites will be a factor
A whole lot of bad before good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sheraton galleria dallasMay 18, 2014
This company will lead you in with false promises of a work life balance and management will first show you that they care but that will soon change after the novelty has worn off. When you bring situations with co workers or other issues up to management they give you a basic answer and never follow up or handle the situations. They also prefer to go to outside candidates for promotions instead of promoting from within. Moreover you are overworked because there is a high turnover rate or because other associates call of with no repercussions. I would not recommend to work for this company unless you do extensive research before signing the paperwork.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no accountablitlty, overworked, and understaffed
Great Experience
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2014
This was a good job, i did like it but I just felt that I was never with my children because of the long hours. This is a great career path if you love to work with the public and enjoy cleaning.
Pros
full benefits
Terrible how they treat their Managers
Front Office (Former Employee) –  IndianaNovember 29, 2013
I can only speak from my experience. Which was not a good one. HR Director was somewhat prejudiced and had their own agenda which was not necessarily objective. Had a personal problem with me for years and after all this time I still don't understand what their problem was so, after 8 and a half years with the hotel I was let go. The state the hotel was in was an at will state which means they can let you go for any reason and you know how easy it is to come up with any reason. On a positive note, I met some of the nicest most talented people of my entire career there.
Pros
associates on the property were great
Cons
upper management on property and some in corporate could really care less, they were too busy covering their a**.
Proactive place to work....
Former employee- Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaSeptember 26, 2013
Great managers, workload too heavy compared to other hotels in the city.....
Pros
free lunch, christmas party
Cons
no room for advancement. unprofessional supervisors
Competitive, Fast Paced Environment
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2013
Excellent opportunities for quick advancement in growing management company
Worth It
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Westin Hotel - Minneapolis, MNSeptember 4, 2012
All I have to say is HEI is the best company I have ever worked for. Their opportunity for advancement is endless especially if you take advantage of the MIT program they offer. The training provided by the human resources department is the best I have ever had and they have required employee training throughout the year. I learned more valuable skills working for HEI that make me more employable than I did in three years of college. Management always told us that their employees come first event before their guests/customers.Implement that philosophy is the smartest move I have ever seen by a company. It made the workplace dynamics so much more enjoyable and less stressful which in turn reflected on our guests and their experience.

I would recommend HEI Hotels and Resorts to anyone who is thinking about or has an opportunity to work for the company. You will be glad you did.
Pros
complementary meals, hotel discounts, fantastic and detail oriented training
HEI Hotels and Resorts is keenly focused on recognizing their associates individual achievements.
Business Travel Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaMarch 7, 2012
HEI has been a fantastic company to work for, as evidenced by my tenure with the company. There have been many changes within the company, but they have been implimented with ease. I would recommend HEI Hotels and Resorts to anyone wishing to gain expertise within the hospitality industry.
Uma ótima empresa para trabalhar
ANALISTA DE RECURSOS HUMANOS (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 7, 2014
Tinhamos liberdade para exercermos nossos trabalhos.
Aprendia todos os dias uma coisa nova.
Possuia uma direção/gerência bastante comunicativa com os demais departamentos da empresa.
Nossos colegas de trabalho eram bastante amigáveis e participativos em nosso dia a dia.
As sextas feiras eram sempre ótimas.
Pros
almoços interativos entre funcionários
Cons
nada a declarar