HEI Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

Poor Management
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 18, 2016
This applies to there Marriott Franchise Location in Florida. Minus my immediate manager the rest are passive aggressive and don't care about you or the well being of your department. High turnover in Front Desk. Low pay but expect you to work 2 position (PBX and Front Desk). Lack of sensitivity so don't have any deaths in the family because they will complain if you take time off to go home. Lack of Hours and understaffed in all departments. No organization within the department. Don't follow Marriott policy or guidelines of service. The benefits are excellent if you can afford $191 coming out of every check. I didnt even recieve my new hire orientation til after I worked there for over 3 months and they only focus on HEI policy and HR life story of her success. We didnt even discuss Marriott Brand Standards. Each shift get a free meal. Marriott benefits are awesome love working for Marriott just not this franchise transferring corporate asap.
Pros
free meals or room service, medical and dental benefits
Cons
low pay, lack of management, disorganized and disrespectful managers
Awful and Poor Management
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 27, 2016
The staff was depressed because management treated everyone like dirt. Those who are hired into supervision or management are done so because of nepotism, definitely not experience. Proper orientation didn't exist, it was very dull and rushed and I wasn't given a tour or any introductions. The guest service is in the red zone. And opinions/advice from the staff (the backbone of the hotel) are completely disregarded. It's a nightmare. Another thing thats not good to say its a hotel, everything that is talked about is talked behind your back managers do jot confront you and everything is a secret.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Parking
Wouldn't Recommend
westin employee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2016
The staff was depressed because management treated everyone like dirt. Those who are hired into supervision or management are done so because of nepotism, definitely not experience. Proper orientation didn't exist, it was very dull and rushed and I wasn't given a tour or any introductions. The guest service is in the red zone. And opinions/advice from the staff (the backbone of the hotel) are completely disregarded. It's a nightmare. The ONLY pro was the pay....and even then, the entirety of the hotel staff is constantly being threatened to be replaced. I would also say the pro was interesting customers, but I mostly heard complaints about the quality of the hotel.
Pros
above average checks, interesting conventions
Cons
apathy towards staff, low quality hotel
Long hours/No Apperception
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 13, 2016
You work very hard with no thanks or respect from DOO & GM. The salary is not worth it. A min of 47.5 hours a week to meet salary. A thankless position and if you speak you mind watch the target on your back. High turn over due to upper management and pay. I had several employees that were told just average by DOO. Myself and other managers worked over 25 days in a row more than once. Also will be asked to do the job of 3 people for same pay. If you receive a bad guest response then it's the end of the world.
Pros
Cons
Benefits, hours, quantity of work
Horrible place to work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2016
I worked at Embassy Suites for about a year. The workload was extremely heavy. On average we were given 16-19 suites daily and were given 30 minutes to clean them. The expectations were unrealistic and outrageous. That wasn't the worst part, if your coworker had to leave early for whatever reason, the rest of the housekeepers had to divide her rooms and were expected to do extra work and still get off on time. The pay was also deplorable for the amount of work the house keeping team did, we were the lowest paid in that area. Also there was also an issue with the linen, there was always a shortage. Some days there wouldn't be enough to complete any rooms until almost the end of your shift, that's when the linen would be delivered. Most days you would work past your stop time due to the workload, but management would try and make up for the overtime by forcing you to leave early other days. I can go on and on about how horrible the company is but who has that kind of time. All I can say is if your thinking about applying to Embassy Suites CC, DONT. You'll regret it.
Pros
Gave me experience in hotel industry
Cons
Workload, management, low pay
Great place to work with lots of growth opportunity!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 16, 2016
HEI is a great company to work for! It has a fun work environment, and they love to celebrate the hard work their associates put in. The management style is great, and they are always seeking ways to improve! There is a lot of opportunity for growth within the company as well!
Great Company with Great Hotels
Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2016
Company is fast growing with lots of opportunity for advancement. They have an impressive portfolio of hotels and some really great tools to help manage the business.
Properties are focused on consistent improvement so it's an invigorating and challenging environment.
ok place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2016
management was horrible but manageable. some co-workers were extremely lazy. i found myself doing several peoples jobs instead of just doing my own. but others were hardworking and durable and also fun to work with.
Great company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 30, 2016
It's a great company to work for. The management and the GM are available if you need them. It's seems like they do care to improve things. The hotel was just renovated, but there are still things that need fixing.
Pros
Free lunch, septa discounts, work environment
Cons
Old building
Stay away from this group!!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 29, 2016
All I can say is:

COO- ego maniac that has no social skills
Regional SVP - never worked in hotels
Regional DOS -never worked outside Detroit
Regional DORM- 3 years in the business
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Benefits, culture, turnover
fun work place with great goals and excellent training
Rooms Division Manager (Current Employee) –  indianaApril 22, 2016
If you are looking for a company that provides stability, opportunities for career growth, a positive, fun work environment you should join the HEI team.
Pros
great leadership
Cons
no cons, this company is great!
this is a poor place to work !
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 17, 2016
The GM doesn't care about the employees. He buys his guest scores. HEI seams to look the other way on this. I think that the owners are planning on unloading this property.
Pros
it was a great place to work but most of the employees that really cared have quit.
Cons
GM
Great environment and amazing GM
Executive Committee (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaFebruary 6, 2015
A great environment in Philly where people are constantly growing an we are challenged to do better. Our new GM is fantastic, supportive and lives the company values
Pros
work/life balance, uniforms, parking
Cons
benefits program, training platforms
A whole lot of bad before good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sheraton galleria dallasMay 18, 2014
This company will lead you in with false promises of a work life balance and management will first show you that they care but that will soon change after the novelty has worn off. When you bring situations with co workers or other issues up to management they give you a basic answer and never follow up or handle the situations. They also prefer to go to outside candidates for promotions instead of promoting from within. Moreover you are overworked because there is a high turnover rate or because other associates call of with no repercussions. I would not recommend to work for this company unless you do extensive research before signing the paperwork.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no accountablitlty, overworked, and understaffed
Great Experience
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2014
This was a good job, i did like it but I just felt that I was never with my children because of the long hours. This is a great career path if you love to work with the public and enjoy cleaning.
Pros
full benefits
Terrible how they treat their Managers
Front Office (Former Employee) –  IndianaNovember 29, 2013
I can only speak from my experience. Which was not a good one. HR Director was somewhat prejudiced and had their own agenda which was not necessarily objective. Had a personal problem with me for years and after all this time I still don't understand what their problem was so, after 8 and a half years with the hotel I was let go. The state the hotel was in was an at will state which means they can let you go for any reason and you know how easy it is to come up with any reason. On a positive note, I met some of the nicest most talented people of my entire career there.
Pros
associates on the property were great
Cons
upper management on property and some in corporate could really care less, they were too busy covering their a**.
Awful company and management
Server (Former Employee) –  championship circle fort worthJuly 8, 2015
I worked at championship circle in fort worth marriott. Worst place ever to work. Management is awful and many of us tried to get a hold of hei but no response.Stay away from that that place..
Pros
nothing
Cons
don't work there period
Worth It
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Westin Hotel - Minneapolis, MNSeptember 4, 2012
All I have to say is HEI is the best company I have ever worked for. Their opportunity for advancement is endless especially if you take advantage of the MIT program they offer. The training provided by the human resources department is the best I have ever had and they have required employee training throughout the year. I learned more valuable skills working for HEI that make me more employable than I did in three years of college. Management always told us that their employees come first event before their guests/customers.Implement that philosophy is the smartest move I have ever seen by a company. It made the workplace dynamics so much more enjoyable and less stressful which in turn reflected on our guests and their experience.

I would recommend HEI Hotels and Resorts to anyone who is thinking about or has an opportunity to work for the company. You will be glad you did.
Pros
complementary meals, hotel discounts, fantastic and detail oriented training
Great People
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2015
It was a long time ago, not really sure about the whole job.
The most thing I would have to say is it was Great working with the kitchen staff.
Pros
Kitchen Staff
Cons
Not a lot
Competitive, Fast Paced Environment
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2013
Excellent opportunities for quick advancement in growing management company

2.9