HEI Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

I love this company
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 19, 2017
I would like to move closer back home. I have really enjoyed every day with this company, but currently, they do not have any properties in the area that I would like to move to.
Horrible place to work
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 29, 2017
You have to work 47.5 hours to obtain salary which is belittling to begin with. Operation manager clueless. HR never seen. Benefits are horrible with health insurance at bare minimum. You barely get at paid time off which creates for staff to get burnt out. Go with a company that balances work and time off. Stay away from le meridian Cambridge as this is horribly run.
Cons
Salary is very low, benefits are horrible
Crescent conservatory
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2017
The chef is british and the menu is full of pork, and the prices are ridiculous for the cost, there is nothing special about the conservatory food it should be half the price, it is not worth your funds
Pros
FREE FOOD
Cons
PAY MANAGEMENT
Very disappointing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2016
Poor training, disgruntled managers, miserable staff. I received nothing but a brief orientation and was left hanging when all I needed was the tools to do my job. Some management were left over from previous team, once HEI came in they just rolled their eyes and made fun of everything they were trying to do behind their backs. Unfortunately HEI will have to learn the hard way what kind of employees are worth training and supporting effectively and what management members are sabotaging their efforts. I was very disappointed and learned a hard lesson: if it seems to good to be true it probably is. Talk to emoyees, read reviews, and ask about how they can help you succeed before you accept an offer!
Pros
Parking, dry cleaning provided
Cons
Lack of training, clique mentality management, clueless upper managment
Horrible company to work for
Food (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 29, 2016
They bought this hotel n let people go n hire other people.
It's all about the real estate. Cut as many staff members as much you can.They will make you do the job of 3-4 ppl. The controller she was a complete psycho who didn't know what she was doing , the corporate executives have huge egos.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Everything else
Incredibly BAD Company
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 2, 2016
If your goal is to hear, "We are a real estate company" over and over and over then this is your company. If you believe hospitality involves well paid staff and taking care of guests...then STAY away from HEI! The biggest mistake you could ever make is believing the lies told when being hired. If you need to pay bills and rely on a steady paycheck...STAY away from HEI! They "flex" work hours and schedules which means you will only get enough hours to satisfy their labor plans.

No way would I ever work at any hotel managed by HEI and the sad truth is they don't care if you stay or go. So just don't sign on with them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Benefits, Work hours, Company policies and more
HR Rep is very unprofessional!
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMOctober 24, 2016
I applied with La Posada a few months ago. I was not able to make the initial interview because I was in a motor vehicle accident (police report available). I attempted to re-schedule with the HR administrator and he was EXTREMELY rude and very unprofessional when I contacted him, he was very belittling and made me feel horrible. I keep the email that he sent me to always remind me that I much better than him and the company he represents. I strongly believe that this was sign to look for other opportunities. GOOD LUCK!!
Real Estate Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 23, 2016
As stated by the C-Suite Executives, HEI is a real estate company, not a Hotel company.

Known as a low cost operator, they run hotels to the bare minimum and in turn, guest satisfaction suffers.

Most people are from Starwood and/or Interstate so don't expect any riveting changes.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
Benefits, Ego of EVP and COO
Horrible place to work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2016
I worked at Embassy Suites for about a year. The workload was extremely heavy. On average we were given 16-19 suites daily and were given 30 minutes to clean them. The expectations were unrealistic and outrageous. That wasn't the worst part, if your coworker had to leave early for whatever reason, the rest of the housekeepers had to divide her rooms and were expected to do extra work and still get off on time. The pay was also deplorable for the amount of work the house keeping team did, we were the lowest paid in that area. Also there was also an issue with the linen, there was always a shortage. Some days there wouldn't be enough to complete any rooms until almost the end of your shift, that's when the linen would be delivered. Most days you would work past your stop time due to the workload, but management would try and make up for the overtime by forcing you to leave early other days. I can go on and on about how horrible the company is but who has that kind of time. All I can say is if your thinking about applying to Embassy Suites CC, DONT. You'll regret it.
Pros
Gave me experience in hotel industry
Cons
Workload, management, low pay
Great place to work with lots of growth opportunity!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 16, 2016
HEI is a great company to work for! It has a fun work environment, and they love to celebrate the hard work their associates put in. The management style is great, and they are always seeking ways to improve! There is a lot of opportunity for growth within the company as well!
Great Company with Great Hotels
Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2016
Company is fast growing with lots of opportunity for advancement. They have an impressive portfolio of hotels and some really great tools to help manage the business.
Properties are focused on consistent improvement so it's an invigorating and challenging environment.
Long hours/No Apperception
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 13, 2016
You work very hard with no thanks or respect from DOO & GM. The salary is not worth it. A min of 47.5 hours a week to meet salary. A thankless position and if you speak you mind watch the target on your back. High turn over due to upper management and pay. I had several employees that were told just average by DOO. Myself and other managers worked over 25 days in a row more than once. Also will be asked to do the job of 3 people for same pay. If you receive a bad guest response then it's the end of the world.
Pros
Cons
Benefits, hours, quantity of work
Stay away from this group!!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 29, 2016
All I can say is:

COO- ego maniac that has no social skills
Regional SVP - never worked in hotels
Regional DOS -never worked outside Detroit
Regional DORM- 3 years in the business
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Benefits, culture, turnover
Awful and Poor Management
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 27, 2016
The staff was depressed because management treated everyone like dirt. Those who are hired into supervision or management are done so because of nepotism, definitely not experience. Proper orientation didn't exist, it was very dull and rushed and I wasn't given a tour or any introductions. The guest service is in the red zone. And opinions/advice from the staff (the backbone of the hotel) are completely disregarded. It's a nightmare. Another thing thats not good to say its a hotel, everything that is talked about is talked behind your back managers do jot confront you and everything is a secret.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Parking
fun work place with great goals and excellent training
Rooms Division Manager (Current Employee) –  indianaApril 22, 2016
If you are looking for a company that provides stability, opportunities for career growth, a positive, fun work environment you should join the HEI team.
Pros
great leadership
Cons
no cons, this company is great!
Wouldn't Recommend
westin employee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2016
The staff was depressed because management treated everyone like dirt. Those who are hired into supervision or management are done so because of nepotism, definitely not experience. Proper orientation didn't exist, it was very dull and rushed and I wasn't given a tour or any introductions. The guest service is in the red zone. And opinions/advice from the staff (the backbone of the hotel) are completely disregarded. It's a nightmare. The ONLY pro was the pay....and even then, the entirety of the hotel staff is constantly being threatened to be replaced. I would also say the pro was interesting customers, but I mostly heard complaints about the quality of the hotel.
Pros
above average checks, interesting conventions
Cons
apathy towards staff, low quality hotel
beautiful company to work for
Security Oficer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 30, 2016
nice place to work.enjoy working and meeting new guest helping the guest around the city.its a fun place to work but also serious because the guests and other employees depend us the security team to provide them with excellent customer service and security detail.
ok place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2016
management was horrible but manageable. some co-workers were extremely lazy. i found myself doing several peoples jobs instead of just doing my own. but others were hardworking and durable and also fun to work with.
Poor Management
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 18, 2016
This applies to there Marriott Franchise Location in Florida. Minus my immediate manager the rest are passive aggressive and don't care about you or the well being of your department. High turnover in Front Desk. Low pay but expect you to work 2 position (PBX and Front Desk). Lack of sensitivity so don't have any deaths in the family because they will complain if you take time off to go home. Lack of Hours and understaffed in all departments. No organization within the department. Don't follow Marriott policy or guidelines of service. The benefits are excellent if you can afford $191 coming out of every check. I didnt even recieve my new hire orientation til after I worked there for over 3 months and they only focus on HEI policy and HR life story of her success. We didnt even discuss Marriott Brand Standards. Each shift get a free meal. Marriott benefits are awesome love working for Marriott just not this franchise transferring corporate asap.
Pros
free meals or room service, medical and dental benefits
Cons
low pay, lack of management, disorganized and disrespectful managers
Great company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 30, 2016
It's a great company to work for. The management and the GM are available if you need them. It's seems like they do care to improve things. The hotel was just renovated, but there are still things that need fixing.
Pros
Free lunch, septa discounts, work environment
Cons
Old building

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEI Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7