HEI Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Poor Company Culture
Assistant Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 8, 2017
Poor management that did not believe in work-life balance. Company culture was not up to standards. Poor processes in accounting functions and centralized accounting office was not lead by a leader that knows how to run a corporate accounting office.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
Poor Leadership
wrost place ever
f & b (Former Employee) –  conrad miamiOctober 5, 2017
it doesn'' T work . the management do not know what they do, and the employees are the worst, it has no benefits. they have no organization, it's very unprofessional
Worst company ever
Emplo (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2017
Management is not profesional at all. Tried to give this place a chance but the management seemed like they didn't knew what they were doing. Threated me awfully with roughness without any reason. Benefits were not good.
the worst company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2017
I was a Manager here for about 4 years HEI is the worst company ever as a manager you are told to cut employees hours because of LLG. we never trained anyone and not to care about what the employees want all we are focused on is making profit for HEI,
we never pay you a competitive salary even though we lied to you and tell you that we do.
Working in a Hotel is a Very pleasant experience
In Dinning Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 15, 2017
Arrive on time to the place of work... check that everything is ready to perform a good work. I learned that working with people from different cultures gives you more knowledge. When a person loves their work nothing is hard because you always have a positive attitude and that makes always have good relations with coworkers and managers The most enjoyable of my work was always have good working relationships with managers and to trust in my as an employee and as a person
Horrific Company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Sheraton Atlanta HotelApril 29, 2017
This is the worst company in the world to work for. They just took over the property in March and they don't know what they are doing! They have no money, they lay off too many people, egotistical, it's just awful! Way too money hungry and because of that they are actually losing clients left and right. Do yourself a favor and just leave if these people ever try and buy your hotel.
Pros
Cons
Broke, Layoffs, unorganized
Run fast in the other direction
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SMCApril 20, 2017
Salary not with experience.
Open door policy if you want all to know your business
Upper management clueless
No appreciation
New FOM has not a clue what she is doing
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Everything else
9 great years, 1 bad year
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2017
I worked for the company for ten years. Nine of those years were very good. Five of those nine were exceptional with members of my team and me being rewarded with incentive trips for signifigently exceeding our sales goals. We had one year where we we not able to achieve our overly aggressive sales goals. The company decided this warrented a change in the DOSM position.
I love this company
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 19, 2017
I would like to move closer back home. I have really enjoyed every day with this company, but currently, they do not have any properties in the area that I would like to move to.
Horrible place to work
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 29, 2017
You have to work 47.5 hours to obtain salary which is belittling to begin with. Operation manager clueless. HR never seen. Benefits are horrible with health insurance at bare minimum. You barely get at paid time off which creates for staff to get burnt out. Go with a company that balances work and time off. Stay away from le meridian Cambridge as this is horribly run.
Cons
Salary is very low, benefits are horrible
Crescent conservatory
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2017
The chef is british and the menu is full of pork, and the prices are ridiculous for the cost, there is nothing special about the conservatory food it should be half the price, it is not worth your funds
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pay management
Very disappointing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2016
Poor training, disgruntled managers, miserable staff. I received nothing but a brief orientation and was left hanging when all I needed was the tools to do my job. Some management were left over from previous team, once HEI came in they just rolled their eyes and made fun of everything they were trying to do behind their backs. Unfortunately HEI will have to learn the hard way what kind of employees are worth training and supporting effectively and what management members are sabotaging their efforts. I was very disappointed and learned a hard lesson: if it seems to good to be true it probably is. Talk to emoyees, read reviews, and ask about how they can help you succeed before you accept an offer!
Pros
Parking, dry cleaning provided
Cons
Lack of training, clique mentality management, clueless upper managment
Horrible company to work for
Food (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 29, 2016
They bought this hotel n let people go n hire other people.
It's all about the real estate. Cut as many staff members as much you can.They will make you do the job of 3-4 ppl. The controller she was a complete psycho who didn't know what she was doing , the corporate executives have huge egos.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Everything else
Incredibly BAD Company
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 2, 2016
If your goal is to hear, "We are a real estate company" over and over and over then this is your company. If you believe hospitality involves well paid staff and taking care of guests...then STAY away from HEI! The biggest mistake you could ever make is believing the lies told when being hired. If you need to pay bills and rely on a steady paycheck...STAY away from HEI! They "flex" work hours and schedules which means you will only get enough hours to satisfy their labor plans.

No way would I ever work at any hotel managed by HEI and the sad truth is they don't care if you stay or go. So just don't sign on with them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Benefits, Work hours, Company policies and more
HR Rep is very unprofessional!
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMOctober 24, 2016
I applied with La Posada a few months ago. I was not able to make the initial interview because I was in a motor vehicle accident (police report available). I attempted to re-schedule with the HR administrator and he was EXTREMELY rude and very unprofessional when I contacted him, he was very belittling and made me feel horrible. I keep the email that he sent me to always remind me that I much better than him and the company he represents. I strongly believe that this was sign to look for other opportunities. GOOD LUCK!!
Real Estate Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 23, 2016
As stated by the C-Suite Executives, HEI is a real estate company, not a Hotel company.

Known as a low cost operator, they run hotels to the bare minimum and in turn, guest satisfaction suffers.

Most people are from Starwood and/or Interstate so don't expect any riveting changes.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
Benefits, Ego of EVP and COO
Horrible place to work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2016
I worked at Embassy Suites for about a year. The workload was extremely heavy. On average we were given 16-19 suites daily and were given 30 minutes to clean them. The expectations were unrealistic and outrageous. That wasn't the worst part, if your coworker had to leave early for whatever reason, the rest of the housekeepers had to divide her rooms and were expected to do extra work and still get off on time. The pay was also deplorable for the amount of work the house keeping team did, we were the lowest paid in that area. Also there was also an issue with the linen, there was always a shortage. Some days there wouldn't be enough to complete any rooms until almost the end of your shift, that's when the linen would be delivered. Most days you would work past your stop time due to the workload, but management would try and make up for the overtime by forcing you to leave early other days. I can go on and on about how horrible the company is but who has that kind of time. All I can say is if your thinking about applying to Embassy Suites CC, DONT. You'll regret it.
Pros
Gave me experience in hotel industry
Cons
Workload, management, low pay
Great place to work with lots of growth opportunity!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 16, 2016
HEI is a great company to work for! It has a fun work environment, and they love to celebrate the hard work their associates put in. The management style is great, and they are always seeking ways to improve! There is a lot of opportunity for growth within the company as well!
Long hours/No Apperception
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 13, 2016
You work very hard with no thanks or respect from DOO & GM. The salary is not worth it. A min of 47.5 hours a week to meet salary. A thankless position and if you speak you mind watch the target on your back. High turn over due to upper management and pay. I had several employees that were told just average by DOO. Myself and other managers worked over 25 days in a row more than once. Also will be asked to do the job of 3 people for same pay. If you receive a bad guest response then it's the end of the world.
Pros
Cons
Benefits, hours, quantity of work
Stay away from this group!!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 29, 2016
All I can say is:

COO- ego maniac that has no social skills
Regional SVP - never worked in hotels
Regional DOS -never worked outside Detroit
Regional DORM- 3 years in the business
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Benefits, culture, turnover