Heidelberg Distributing Company Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Fast paced industry
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJanuary 24, 2017
A beverage distribution company in Northwest Ohio. This company has one of the most diverse amount of brands in the beer, wine, and diluted spirits industry. Working for them means promoting new distribution, obtaining display space, and shelf management of all products.
Pros
New items constantly coming to market.
Cons
Holidays are extremely busy.
Good place to work, but very demanding
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHSeptember 13, 2016
At Heidelberg, they only want the best. A typical night involved the loading and unloading of pallets of product. Management was easy to get along with and fun, as well as my fellow employees. However, the job is very physically demanding, and if you don't maintain a pick rate of at least 60 picks/hour, for anywhere from 12 to 16 hours, they will fire you. Also, they have a union, but you aren't in until you have been with the company for 90 days, and even then you must be voted in. Manager gets the final say.
Pros
Long breaks, Union, easy application
Cons
Extreme physical demands, High bar to entry
Fun staff but management is not the greatest
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 22, 2016
The job duties were very simple and loved the fast pace environment. Needs more organization and upgraded software to help organize a bit.
Great distributorship
District Sales Manager/Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioJuly 27, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this family-based, Ohio, distributor. I learned every facet of the job while working here, with attention to on-premise & off-premise retail sales. It was here that I developed my sales techniques, learned to manage a sales team, and make sales calls to regional retail buyers.
Great management and easy to learn
Distributing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heidelberg Distributing Company, Perrysburg OhioMarch 25, 2014
A typical day at Heidelberg consisted of stacking empty kegs to be off-loaded, putting away various product that was not put away the night before, filling orders for both salesmen and customers and taking those orders out to their cars, and continuously cleaning the warehouse on down time. I learned a great deal about what it takes to run a distributing company. I had relatively no experience coming into the job and came away with a greater appreciation for the men and women that do that type of manual labor on a daily basis. My bosses were what made this job one of my favorites. They were easy to talk to and loved to joke around. My co-workers were very knowledgeable people and I loved learning the business from them. The hardest part of the job was definitely the manual labor aspect but the best part of the job was learning about a lot of different wines and beers.
Professional
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHFebruary 28, 2014
Typical day - Fill out invoices, check product on the truck, do pre trip, deliver to various locations.

Learned - Customer service skills, account management, proper lifting techniques

Most enjoyable part of the job was it was never the same and never got repetative
Pros
outdoors, never the same
Cons
weather conditions