Heidelberg University Employee Reviews

Good vacation time, a whole lot of headach.
Cusdotian (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHAugust 30, 2016
Never have worked somewhere that seemed so unprofessional. Lateness was allowed, people not doing there jobs are ignored, and management seemed to cowardly to make changes to make it better. My experience was with Krammes have no idea how the rest of business is ran there.
Pros
Good vacation time, good people
Cons
Mangment, pay, job advancement
Great Opportunity
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJune 27, 2016
Was given a rare opportunity to work for the campus to create a highlight video (2 years in a row). Great people to work with.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
compensation
Fun and relaxed place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMay 12, 2016
Overall good workplace. Advancement opportunities are limited. Salary compensation is a little low. Days off are excellent and you can manage your home life very well.
Pros
Vacation, personal, holidays
Cons
No performance reviews
been a long time since worked there
Head of Circuation (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHApril 5, 2016
Library director loved me. I had a lot of ideas and we made it a better library. He hated to see me leave. He said I was the most positive person he'd ever met.
Pros
Good library tried very hard.
Cons
staff was a mess. 1.5 librarians and the director.
Some places were fun and productive to work in.
Beeghly Library's Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHOctober 24, 2015
Interesting working environment. Quite a few employer showed interest in their employees and indicate the importance of them being there. Others were just not what was expected of management. Different management used different management styles which did not fit well at all time.
Extremely fun, but not for techno-phobes.
Record student and guest performances (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHSeptember 6, 2015
Fairly easy job for someone who is comfortable with technology and equipment, and who likes listening to live music. Would set up recording equipment and then stay for the duration of the performance, creating tracks per song, and then break down equipment afterwards. Cool chance to sit and listen to my fellow students and any visiting artists.
Pros
Free concert experience!
Great and Welcoming Organization
Student Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHOctober 31, 2014
I worked with a great team of students. We contacted alumni to rekindle their relationship with the university and raise funds for university purposes.
Go Berg!
Assistant Volleyball Coach (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHOctober 10, 2014
Heidelberg University has been my second home for the past seven years. The opportunities given to me from the Graduate Assistant Program we priceless. I enjoy working with the college athletes on a daily basis. The university provides a great atmosphere for staff and students.
Pros
working with student athletes
Cons
pay
Easy job which permitted student workers to do homework
Computer Center Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHOctober 8, 2014
when I would clock in I would clean the computer lab, fill the paper trays and staples. I would be usually the one to close so I would do the same thing as I would do when my shift started. I learned quick fixes to easy computer or printer problems. Management would never be there unless we called them for any issue we ever had. Most of my co-workers never actually did what was asked of them and the following workers who worked the next shift suffered from what the others didn't do. There wasn't a hard part to the job, it was pretty easy and self explanatory. Since we were also students, the management allowed us to work on homework while we worked so we don't fall behind in our classes, which was my favorite part of working there.
Pros
i was able to do my homework and be on the computer while on the clock.
Cons
students usually wouldn't listen, people wouldn't clean after themselves, the manager wouldn't really be there.
Heidelberg Admission and Biology Department
Biology Lab Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMarch 1, 2014
Working at Heidelberg is very conducive to a student's schedule. I have had many opportunities for advancement in both departments. I enjoy my jobs, which is why I have stuck with them for many semesters despite my busy workload.
Working for Heidelberg University
Majors Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Department of Student AffairsFebruary 13, 2014
In a typical tutoring session, I would meet with the student and ask what they needed to work on that day. We would spent time working through problems and discussing concepts.
A professional company ran by a professional staff.
Fitness Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHSeptember 18, 2012
Loved the co-workers and staff,
The participants loved my help,
The pay was excellent,
during slow days with no participants I was able to complete homework due to my free time.
Pros
the facility was nice, love the interaction with the customers, ability to workout anytime.
Cons
nothing negative

4.3