Heifer International Employee Reviews

Fun and education environment
Heifer International Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 7, 2016
I loved everyone I volunteered with and learned so much. Typically, I would man the desk and attend to everyone that walked in. I gave people tours of the exhibits and the International HQ. My co-workers were lovely and all about the same age as me. We all have a passion for travel and planned trips together. The hardest part of the position was learning all of the information at once but once I learned it, it was difficult to forget! The most enjoyable part of the position was meeting people from all over the world and interacting with individuals who had the same passions as me.
Fun, educational work experience
Farm Hand (Current Employee) –  Rutland, MAMarch 1, 2016
I have learned a lot during my time at Heifer Farm. Including, sustainable agriculture practices, and maintenance and care of a farm. I believe in what Heifer stands for and am proud to have had the opportunity to be part of the fight to end hunger and poverty.
Program Officer - Central/Eastern Europe Program (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 2, 2015
Lots to learn at this company. You will learn about poverty all over the world and how Heifer is making a difference. Compensation is good and you feel as though you are helping make a difference in the world.
Pros
Travel
Love My Coworkers and Great Hours
Database and Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 17, 2014
This nonprofit organization exist for a great purpose. I will always be a supporter. The people who work there are always working to meet goals for the beneficiaries of each project. They are competent and willing to do what is needed to meet the donor's needs. Typically everyone is free to work in their own pace, which means if you need something resolved fast and quickly, that may not happen. Usually you don't need to be in a hurry and have plenty of time to do your work. All in all, it's a great place to work.
Pros
great benefits, good management, great mission, laid back
Cons
ok compensation, limited tech solution
Heifer International
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 16, 2015
I love my job but have decided to take retirement from my job and move to West Memphis to be closer to my Mom. I need to help out with her care.

A typical day at Heifer is running reports, keeping up with 3 email addresses that include Education, Community Education Coordinators and taking care of the EVP of Marketing, Resource & Development. Setting up meetings, ordering supplies, making travel arrangements, or anything needed during the day.
Pros
They provide me with a phone, ipad, and a laptop computer. Great benefits and a great work environment.
Cons
There are none.
Loved the company because they served a purpose
Donation Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 16, 2015
I worked hard anwering client's questions and responding to inquires made by clients. Took donation calls by phone to stop world hunger. I enjoyed the people I worked with and absolutely loved the fact that I was working for a company with a cause.
Pros
Enjoyed the work I did
Cons
It was a temporary position
Heifer International is the BEST non-profit
Internet Development and Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 15, 2013
How can you improve upon a mission to end hunger and poverty; not by just providing immediate need, but also education, training, values that sustain an entire community? Well, everyday Heifer is improving; helping more people while trying to end hunger on a global scale. Heifer's employees believe in this mission, so they are inspired to get things done; and driven to solve problems. Every employee is empowered to add to the mission of ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth.
Pros
excellent benefits, lots of paid holidays, vacation, sick days
Very nice place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Little rock arJuly 14, 2015
This is a very good company having good people to work with.
The motto of the company is very noble and non-profit making.
Impact driven and very much values oriented with room for improvement in professional advancement
Vice President, Africa Program (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR, USANovember 17, 2011
Practices a values-based approach to development and that has made it successful in transforming lives and empowering the very poor
Pros
flex working hours, culture of promoting gender and diversity
Cons
too many meetings
Great!
Market & Resource Agent (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 12, 2014
Love company, values, goals, and learned many cultures. Company I would recommend.
Excellent respect for work life balance
SENIOR PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 22, 2014
Great people work there. Almost like a think tank but friendly.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with silos which were still very prevalent when I left.
Pros
awesome vacation time
Cons
silos
productive and fun work days
Farmer Chef Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Perryville, ArkansasDecember 5, 2014
Days started at 8:00 and usually went until 5:00, sometimes later. Work included manual labor that wasn't too strenuous, but made work fun.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough volunteers
Non Profit
Donor Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job at Heifer was helping donors make donations. Telling people how helpful their donations were and how they helped so many people.
Pros
paid time off
Awesome place
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 30, 2014
not to stressfull, and always good to work for something so good
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing