Heights Finance Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Don't expect promotions
CSR 2 (Former Employee) –  KentuckyOctober 20, 2015
Management is terrible. There is a lot of drama and if you do your job well. You aren't recognized for it. Very small offices means a lot of back stabbing. Sad thing is usually the managers. Pros: long lunches Cons: just about everything about the job. It's not just paper pushing. You do EVERYTHING for very little pay. And you loan to people who know they aren't going to pay it back so it makes collecting difficult.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Lack of promotion, poor lending practices, management
No Work Ethics
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 4, 2016
The manager I worked for truly doesn't care about how employees come to work. She was more focused on being their friend then following company policies. I made upper management aware. We shall see if the company cares enough to correct the ONGOING issue. Company needs to seriously implement and enforce random drug screens.
Cons
Management doesnt follow company policies. Poor leadership.
Loan Shark
CSR - Customer Service Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNApril 29, 2016
You are pushed to loan to people who can't afford higher payments. Forced to harass all contacts you have either by calling asking for payments or calling asking if they want to borrow more. Loan quotas are ridiculous. My management was ruthless, you will uneducated, and as low life as I've run across.
Pros
OK hours
Cons
Solicitations, payment calls, quotas
Productive and informative place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kennett, MOAugust 29, 2013
A typical work day for me is making contact with a wide veriety of people doing loan applications and taking payments. I have learned alot about the finance industry and what it takes to make a good solid loan that will generate growth and create a solid customer base. There are only three of us in the office and we communicate well and work as a team. The hardest part of my job or should I say the part I like the least is telling people they have been denied. The most enjoyable part is helping people when they need it the most.
benefits
Cons
short lunches
Productive and Great Work Place
CSR (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 1, 2015
It was great. I loved working for this company. It was an everyday job working for collections and taking payments. It was calls and reception duties.
quiet office setting where I was able to make my own decisions
Recovery Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 7, 2013
I learned a lot at this job about the legal system and how to file small claims, money judgments and garnishments. I believe my collection and customer service skills have been heightened since working at Heights Finance.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
management
Great People. Great Work Environment!!
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INDecember 19, 2013
The management was GREAT to work for. We got the work done and reached goals. It was a great time with great people.
Pros
work environment
Cons
pay (maybe)
Overall has good people
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOAugust 29, 2013
Was understaffed and unable to hire the right people forced the work to stay on 2 people and forced 12 to 16 hour days for salary staff with no break.
Pros
ability durring good times to set own hours
Cons
ran short staffed and when asked for help did not get it.
Productive and Interesting place to work.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 16, 2013
On a typical day we would work on our call sheets, getting customers to take out personal loans, or to renew loans. Filled out loan applications, processed them by imputing all data into the computer. Ran credit reports, filed papers, collected payments, and went to banks to collect on cold checks. I enjoyed working with the managers and co-workers, we had a good system and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was when we would have to repo whatever the customer had as collateral because they couldn't make their payments. Over all I thought it was a very interesting place to work, I enjoyed it.

2.7