Heineken Employee Reviews

Stay at home and get your money
Honest and loyal hardworker needed for work. (Current Employee) –  USAJune 20, 2017
This job is OK and not stressful. You work with Heineken while you are staying at and you earn your money 💵 every week and be happy. For it to be more easier you to have a car, bike.
Pros
You have all you want if you work with us
Cons
Tell us what happen and we will understand
Fun Workplace
Junior System Administrator / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
Fun workplace but most company focus caters to sales and marketing. Other departments are neglected. Bar is awesome and there are great social gatherings overall.
Very fun company
Off Premise Manager, Los Angeles County, CA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
Great company to work at, best 7 years of my experience in the business. Highly recommend working for this great company. They have the best training which gives you the knowledge to sell sell sell.
environnement de travail productif et agréable
contrôleur de qualité et de gestion (Current Employee) –  AlgerFebruary 28, 2017
Respect du travailleur, ponctualité et rigueur dans le travail,
Les horaires de travail sont respectés, avec beaucoup d'apprentissage en fin de journée
J'ai appris la gestion du magasin et le contrôle et la logistique en toute responsabilité , ainsi que des connaissance en protection et en sécurité
Pros
Formations, primes financières
Great Company to learn about beer across the globe.
Market Manager, IL (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Excellent place to learn all about beer culture in the US, as well as in other countries. Global exposure with large sports and music events. Very diverse portfolio of imports to appeal to just about any beer drinker.
Pros
Work / Life balance
Cons
Room for growth in IL is limited
Very good place to work
Executive Chauffeur For the president (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 18, 2016
Very respecfull place to work. do to the nature of the Job I am not to disclose no further information. Co workers where wonderful.
Punching bag for middle management.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Whathaveyoudoneformelatley,NYSeptember 20, 2016
The Company is always worried about cultural fit. Most candidates don't make it through interview process based on culture fit. The funny thing is no one can explain what the culture is. High turnover and little opportunity for advancement unless you want to live at your desk. Don't let the bar in the office fool you. They have happy hours every Thursday and no one shows up. HR runs the business not the other way around. When HR is in the room you can cut the air with a knife.Stay away. You won't last and then your next opportunity will be in jeopardy based on your tenure with company.
Pros
Free beer.
Cons
HR runs business. High turnover. Average stay in most positions is one year.
Terrible place to work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 12, 2016
If you enjoy working in a silo with mangers that will not stand up for their employees, this is your place. I left a company I had been with for three years in hopes of making my life better. Heineken brought me in, made me do a job I was not hired to do or in my area of expertise, then fired me for not doing that job.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Terrible place to work.
Fantastic People, Amazing Brands
On-Premise Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2016
Typical workday is filled with account management and marketing creativity to drive brand sales.

I learned the importance of patience and adaptability when dealing with various customer behavioral traits.

Management provided clear objectives on a quarterly basis to keep the productivity at a respectable level.

I love my co-workers. Passionate and caring people.

The hardest part of the my job is managing distributors and their sales force. With a complex base of alcoholic brands, it can be challenging to maintain focus from the sales reps.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to make my own schedule to drive results, but also being held accountable.
Pros
Work Flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Recreational mindset merge with productive moves.
Assistant Engineer Job Duties (Former Employee) –  ManchesterJuly 30, 2016
In a typical day, like ones in a week the managements come to the common room during lunch time and stays a little longer after lunch to chat with other members of staff. Its unbelievable that they could be this friendly, making everyone express themselves freely. They even make you talk areas of improvements and make you understands that management is not as easy as we see it from afar, that when all staff's gone home they even work late to rectify things.
They make you see management as an easy but taunting task in some times and at other times it rouses tension but that its all worth it.
-The most enjoyable period of the job is the end of year celebration where some selected members of staffs gets awarded for their performers and quite airlifting that all persons are offered gifts but the earmarked fellows are called out to make a short speech of how it feels being so honoured.
-The hardest part of the job is usually at night times of emergency when you will feel all left alone, with extreme frights doing almost everything to curtail issues.
I feel like shouting for excitement at this point, beyond all the challenges I faced, the month end often makes me forget them all. Its the time salary paid.
Pros
We often gets free lunch, and if you stay over night they do provide dinner as well as take home packs
Cons
Often gets two break time if you work long hour
good experience working
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  AlgerMay 30, 2016
Great opportunities, good salaries, great amount of activities and the opportunity to interact with people from many different areas.
People tend to worry only about their matters and sometimes they have to make more things than what they can in order to fulfill the
Advice to Management
Don't be so worried about downsizing... talent might be leaving without notice
Family company for sure!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2016
Everyday was a different day. One minute on the phone planning travel, the next running to get lunch or traveling to a hotel and planning an event.

I learned how to work with many different cultures within a small environment; different ways of working everyday,

Management was good and always had an door open.

Co-workers were always willing to help.

Hardest part of the job was to bring grade A assistance to executive while traveling onsite in an environment with limited resources.

The most enjoyable part of the job was event planning. Challenging and exciting. Had to think on my feet at all times to successfully plan events while still doing my main role with no mistakes.
Fantastic business and employment structure with a focus on progressing employees.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ENGNovember 19, 2015
I started with Heineken UK in 2014 as part of the graduate team. All members of the group of 11 that I started with were given a three month probation period in which to prove themselves as a reliable, hardworking and competent salesperson. In order for me to get into the selection process I had to make the move from Edinburgh to London, which I guess at this point Heineken really knew that I had committed myself to the process 100%.
During the three month period with the role of Business Development Sales, I took part in a variety of exercises ranging from simple compliance checks to selling into large buying groups throughout the country. Out of the 11 that started with the company I was pleased to have made it over this first hurdle and won myself a contract with Heineken UK and became a fully fledged Business Development Executive, along with another 5 of my colleagues.
Now based in and around Edinburgh again, I was tasked with selling into the University estate in east Scotland and northern England specifically Newcastle, in which I had a great number of successes. Conjunctively with my work at Newcastle University I also became involved in the launching of a new innovative spirit-based cider drink. I took the largest order of this product throughout the UK and helped showcase the sheer diversity of the Heineken portfolio.
This allowed me to progress further with the company and within 5 months of joining Heineken I had been promoted again to Regional Sales Manager and would be making another move down south to the Gloucester area. Now I would be looking after a huge
  more... estate of pubs/bars to the tune of 450 sites. I had massive success again in this area increasing sales and dealing with many issues on a day-to-day basis due to the lack of a constant representative in the area. Also helping setup for the coming of the Rugby World Cup in the area, getting more installations of Heineken across sites near to the Gloucester Rugby Club.
I would most definitely still be working for Heineken UK had it not been for my move across the pond to California.
Great, fun atmosphere
MARKETING ACTIVITIES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 4, 2015
Great place to work. Fun, intense atmosphere. Company initially had a great small, close, family feel. Unfortunately, company grew too fast and became too corporate (too many politics and red tape).
ambiance conviviale
représentant commercial(chef de secteur) (Former Employee) –  AlgerAugust 11, 2015
Nos journées de travail commence a 10h du matin, en arrivant au bureau *général*, c'est à dire l'open space réservé aux commerciaux, nous avons pour habitude de tenir des réunions de débriefing de la veille ou chacun d'entre nous explique les difficultés ou les obstacles rencontrés au courant de sa journée.
par la suite nous parlons du programme de la journées, des objectifs a réaliser pour la journée, la semaine le mois... etc.
avant de quitter nos bureaux nous devons checker la liste des clients à visiter pour la journée, en etant bien sur bien informé sur chaque client, ses attentes, besoins, type de personne... etc.
généralement nos journées commencent a 13h, nous rendons des visites a nos clientes afin de parfois juste dire bonjour afin de les rassurer, ca fait partie de la stratégie de Heineken, le relationnel est un domaine particuliérement important.
le management je dirais qu'il s agit d un management compétitif, c est a dire on vous pousse a donner le meilleur de vous meme en vous proposant des primes, des possibilités d évolutions trés rapides... etc
Pros
after work chaque jeudi, le bar est ouvert pour l'ensemble des employés
Cons
il n y en a pas
Great company to work for- Family Business
On Premise Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2015
Heineken USA has some of the best employees working for them. They believe in working hard and playing harder. Still a family owned company with competitive salary, perks and benefits. Positive work place!
Insights Consultant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 18, 2015
The portfolio of brands and various targets make for a very interesting and diverse work days.

Cohesive and great staff.
Strong portfolio of brands with a solid, motivated sales force
Metro Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
Heineken USA provides an opportunity to manage a a class portfolio of import brands and work with an amazing sales force.

The role is managing the city of Chicago. One large wholesaler, Chicago Beverage Systems, handles the brand footprint for the city.

Seeing over a four person team in order to drive sales and execution throughout the market with the wholesaler and retailers.

The Chicago market is an extremely competitive market. A high craft share and craft breweries such as Lagunitas, Revolution and Half Acre. Company Headquarters such as Miller Coors and Constellation brands call Chicago home.

The role is both challenging and exciting.
Pros
Exceptional portfolio and people
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Very energenic and fun company to work for. Great co-workers and great management
Very diverse and fun company to work for.
On-Premise Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is so much going on, that you will never be bored.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heineken. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2