Heineken

Heineken Employee Reviews

Fantastic business and employment structure with a focus on progressing employees.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ENGNovember 19, 2015
I started with Heineken UK in 2014 as part of the graduate team. All members of the group of 11 that I started with were given a three month probation period in which to prove themselves as a reliable, hardworking and competent salesperson. In order for me to get into the selection process I had to make the move from Edinburgh to London, which I guess at this point Heineken really knew that I had committed myself to the process 100%.
During the three month period with the role of Business Development Sales, I took part in a variety of exercises ranging from simple compliance checks to selling into large buying groups throughout the country. Out of the 11 that started with the company I was pleased to have made it over this first hurdle and won myself a contract with Heineken UK and became a fully fledged Business Development Executive, along with another 5 of my colleagues.
Now based in and around Edinburgh again, I was tasked with selling into the University estate in east Scotland and northern England specifically Newcastle, in which I had a great number of successes. Conjunctively with my work at Newcastle University I also became involved in the launching of a new innovative spirit-based cider drink. I took the largest order of this product throughout the UK and helped showcase the sheer diversity of the Heineken portfolio.
This allowed me to progress further with the company and within 5 months of joining Heineken I had been promoted again to Regional Sales Manager and would be making another move down south to the Gloucester area. Now I would be looking after a huge
  more... estate of pubs/bars to the tune of 450 sites. I had massive success again in this area increasing sales and dealing with many issues on a day-to-day basis due to the lack of a constant representative in the area. Also helping setup for the coming of the Rugby World Cup in the area, getting more installations of Heineken across sites near to the Gloucester Rugby Club.
I would most definitely still be working for Heineken UK had it not been for my move across the pond to California.
Great, fun atmosphere
MARKETING ACTIVITIES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 4, 2015
Great place to work. Fun, intense atmosphere. Company initially had a great small, close, family feel. Unfortunately, company grew too fast and became too corporate (too many politics and red tape).
Great company to work for- Family Business
On Premise Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2015
Heineken USA has some of the best employees working for them. They believe in working hard and playing harder. Still a family owned company with competitive salary, perks and benefits. Positive work place!
Insights Consultant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 18, 2015
The portfolio of brands and various targets make for a very interesting and diverse work days.

Cohesive and great staff.
Strong portfolio of brands with a solid, motivated sales force
Metro Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
Heineken USA provides an opportunity to manage a a class portfolio of import brands and work with an amazing sales force.

The role is managing the city of Chicago. One large wholesaler, Chicago Beverage Systems, handles the brand footprint for the city.

Seeing over a four person team in order to drive sales and execution throughout the market with the wholesaler and retailers.

The Chicago market is an extremely competitive market. A high craft share and craft breweries such as Lagunitas, Revolution and Half Acre. Company Headquarters such as Miller Coors and Constellation brands call Chicago home.

The role is both challenging and exciting.
Pros
exceptional portfolio and people
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Very energenic and fun company to work for. Great co-workers and great management
Very diverse and fun company to work for.
On-Premise Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is so much going on, that you will never be bored.
n/a
Corporate Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 27, 2014
Great culture and environment - fun workplace with Foosball table and free beer on tap
N/a
Assistant to the President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

No review at this time.
Fun
On-Premise Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2014
Great company to work for. Very family oriented but they do restructure a lot.

Want to know more about Heineken?

Ask a question
Excellent people and team environment.
Executive Assistant to Global CFO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2014
I only worked there temporarily but loved the culture. The ability to work remotely promotes work life balance. The flexibility and quality of management provides the support for the job to get done.
Pros
great fun environment, good pay, excellent benefits.
Cons
inflexibility with respect to age and ethnicity.
Great company
On/Off Premise Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2014
Great perks
Fun job
High Multitasking
Demanding, lots of hours 24/7
Pros
free beer and great compensation package
Cons
poor management policies
I enjoy every moment on this Job
Marketing Coordinator/Promoter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2014
A typical day at work is promoting because our mission is to target sales to increase profit. Beauty was the attraction of the promotion to target male customers. I enjoy every moment doing it because you become the center of attention and that tools is a weapon for sales profit and promotional events. I learned how to increase sales in a fast-paced work environment which give me the ability to be a better sales person. Working together with others is essential and mandatory for successful promotions. hardest-est part was none but our goal is sales and the most enjoyable part was, when every customer was buying a lots of heineken.
Great company to work in
Planning , reporting and CS Manager (Former Employee) –  EgyptMarch 23, 2014
friendly team
great people
nice place
great produts
great management
Productive work place with a nice management structure
Treasury Controller (Current Employee) –  Addis, EthMarch 22, 2014
My work mostly relate with customers, insurance and banks; in Ethiopia there are too much paper work and manual way of doing business around banks; that really cost time and energy. I am learning around my work place being patient, consistent and organized. I have a good relationship with my co-workers as well as management. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting too much experience every day because of dealing with many people. The hardest part of the job as i mentioned earlier manual way of doing business especially with banks.
Relaxed Atmospher & Fun To Work In
On Premise Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2014
Distributor Meetings
Sales rep work withs in the field
Retailer account meetings
Marketing meetings
Business Development opportunities
On Site Concert & Marketing Event Activation
Product Launches
Pros
access to sporting events, concerts, product launches
Cons
complicated local market and govertment regulations
Great leadership and a fun place to work.
Retail Sales Manager, North Florida (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 23, 2013
The best company I have ever worked for. A typical day at work was fun and exciting. There were always new challenges. The managment team and my direct supervisor were top notch. Everyone seemed like a family and helped eachother in times of need. The hardest part of the job was leaving because of structure changes and me not willing to relocate. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people i worked with and the atmosphere the company provided.
Pros
the bonus structure
Cons
there are none
An exciting company and team to be a part of!
URBAN MARKET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2013
Heineken was an exciting company to work for in many ways. I absolutely loved the environment and the people in the business, we built a winning team in Philadelphia. The hardest part of the job was leaving and the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers and business clients. I learned how to flawlessly execute objectives and directives.
Pros
paid trips
Cons
worked seven days a week
Productive and fun place to work with a bar in the office. Great place to learn and grow.
On-Premise Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 1, 2013
This is a small company with huge global brands. I have moved from opertations/IT, to finance, to sales, so needless to say, they will give you the opportunity if you show the skills and will.
Terrible culture and work environment
Corporate (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 21, 2013
A very dictatorial work environment - management has the "Just Do It" Attitude. Culture of being brave is not embedded in the organization at all. Archaic process and systems and far too many people who've been in the same job for a very long time. Little opportunity to advance unless you play the office politics very well.
Pros
free beer, pay is good
Cons
unorganized management, poor work/life balance

4.2