Heineken

Heineken Employer Reviews

Great company to work in
Planning , reporting and CS Manager (Former Employee), EgyptMarch 23, 2014
friendly team
great people
nice place
great produts
great management
Productive work place with a nice management structure
Treasury Controller (Current Employee), Addis, EthMarch 22, 2014
My work mostly relate with customers, insurance and banks; in Ethiopia there are too much paper work and manual way of doing business around banks; that really cost time and energy. I am learning around my work place being patient, consistent and organized. I have a good relationship with my co-workers as well as management. The most enjoyable part – more... of the job is getting too much experience every day because of dealing with many people. The hardest part of the job as i mentioned earlier manual way of doing business especially with banks. – less
Great leadership and a fun place to work.
Retail Sales Manager, North Florida (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 23, 2013
Pros: the bonus structure
Cons: there are none
The best company I have ever worked for. A typical day at work was fun and exciting. There were always new challenges. The managment team and my direct supervisor were top notch. Everyone seemed like a family and helped eachother in times of need. The hardest part of the job was leaving because of structure changes and me not willing to relocate. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job were the people i worked with and the atmosphere the company provided. – less
An exciting company and team to be a part of!
URBAN MARKET MANAGER (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: paid trips
Cons: worked seven days a week
Heineken was an exciting company to work for in many ways. I absolutely loved the environment and the people in the business, we built a winning team in Philadelphia. The hardest part of the job was leaving and the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers and business clients. I learned how to flawlessly execute objectives and – more... directives. – less
Productive and fun place to work with a bar in the office. Great place to learn and grow.
On-Premise Sales Manager (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 1, 2013
This is a small company with huge global brands. I have moved from opertations/IT, to finance, to sales, so needless to say, they will give you the opportunity if you show the skills and will.
Terrible culture and work environment
Corporate (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 21, 2013
Pros: free beer, pay is good
Cons: unorganized management, poor work/life balance
A very dictatorial work environment - management has the "Just Do It" Attitude. Culture of being brave is not embedded in the organization at all. Archaic process and systems and far too many people who've been in the same job for a very long time. Little opportunity to advance unless you play the office politics very well.
A fun, productive and fast paced work environment.
Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2013
Overall, I could not ask for a better work experience than working at Heineken USA. I had the opportunity to work on amazing sponsorships and events. The work environment is very open and friendly.
Changes market plans frequently
Diistributor Sales Manager (Former Employee), HawaiiFebruary 12, 2013
New management has no loyalty to long term employees who helped make the company successful.
Great company to work for!
Manager (Former Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: great benefits, compensation and work environment
Cons: rapid turn-over (upper management) resulting in an inconsistant team message
Heineken was always a premium company to work for. They take excellent care of their employees from a compensation stand point. Heineken was under going several company changes when I left to become a stay at home mom however they were diligently working to improve working conditions and make an open forum to discuss issues. Issues included: inconsistant – more... messages and rapidly changing management. – less
Famous international company, employee and customer oriented.
Assistant to a general manager (Former Employee), RussiaJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: free lunches, medical insurance, company's cell phone, competitions where you can win value prizes
Cons: this company is employee oriented, so no cons.
Successfully interacted with all levels of people within and outside the company;
On time, successful translation and interpretation of documentation of various types of subjects;
Scheduling group meetings and videoconferences, off-site events and travel reservations, translation support;
Prioritizing, organizing and delegating workloads and assignments – more... with supervision among other interpreters;
Booking of corporate souvenirs (for guests, visitors, partners);
Work in SAP system: purchase requests/ orders and tracking documents in system until payment.
Effective TPM activity (total productive management) – active participation as a member of Training and Education pillar. Successful arrangement of trainings, planning, and translation of all documentation for TPM audit.
Successful and active participation in “Visibility drive” project – team building activity for brewery specialists to get familiar with sales representatives’ and merchandisers’ work;
Successfully worked with corporate international suppliers, contract preparation, order placement, logistics calculation, customs support (providing necessary set of documents and its translation).
At the same time Heineken has outstanding staff, all of them open-minded, ready to help, always friendly.
The hardest part of this job is that sometimes you face extraordinary or non-panned situations to be solved immediately, or just urgent things.
The most enjoyable part is that you're a part of one big team of high professionals, great personalities; you have high motivation and just amazing atmosphere at work place. – less
fantastic place to work with bar and lively atmosphere
Regional Customer Financial Operations Manager (Former Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 9, 2012
Pros: great company, great people
Cons: some functions are slightly varied from other bev/al companies
Operational tasks including ensuring proper delivery and drayge of products at port and to vendor customers. Ensured processes were done within the scope of proper financial and logistical guidlines.
Global company with great brands and great people.
Key Account Manager - National Accounts (Former Employee), Dallas TexasOctober 1, 2012
Pros: great company benefits package
Cons: competitive salaries among other suppliers
Organizing monthly calendar for trade visits, HQ call appointments and developing programs to help drive sales and profits for retailer, distributor network and employer.

I learned to be the best import supplier through good communication and follow up with customers.

Great managers and co-workers at Heineken.

Hardest part of my job was balance between – more... workplace and family.

Best part of my job was mentoring to colleagues and helping customers grow sales and profits. Striving to be the #1 supplier in retail. – less
Exiting brands to work with
Marketing and Trade Marketing Export Manager (Former Employee), LisbonAugust 23, 2012
I've learned how to look at a project with a 360º perspective, how to quickly respond to challenges, how to understand different consumers.
No job security
Pricing & Discounts Coordinator (Former Employee), Livingston, SCTApril 8, 2014
Pros: free beer
Cons: managers false promises, job security
Good place to work, fast paced great morale - apart from when restructuring happens (which is often) job security low.
Modern, energetic company
Sales Advisor Multiples (Former Employee), LivingstonApril 6, 2014
Pros: incentives, bonus
Cons: work load
Worked with a fantastic team with a brilliant manager striving to be a high performing team.
Incentives were great.
The role I did was very varied.
Was always very busy but left with a sense of achievement at the end of the day.
I very much enjoyed the customer service part of my role.
Very productive with daily customer contact
Credit Controller - Star Pubs & Bars (Current Employee), LivingstonMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free beer
Very fast paced job. Manage great relationships with customer and co-workers. Great commercial awarness when making decisions.
Very international company with good global career prespective
Area IT Manager - AME (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NetherlandsMarch 17, 2014
Pros: internation career
Cons: not having international culture yet
Heineken is a great company with good career prespective.
It take care of their employees and offer big opportunity
However, it is still missing the international culture as it is dominated by Dutch nationalities
Fun place to work with great people
Pricing & Discounts Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Livingston, SCTMarch 12, 2014
A busy finance department which gets a bit chaotic at certain times of the year due to dealing with pricing for all customers but we still manage to have a good rapport with each other. I have enjoyed my time at Heineken, previously Scottish & Newcastle, and feel proud to have been part of a world class finance function.
challenging place in a very good and cooperative team
Master data specialist (Current Employee), Luzern, LUMarch 7, 2014
Pros: short communting distance / good salary
Cons: complicated structure of the system we work with
I start early in the morning (flexible working time), this means also that I finish quite early. But all in all, it is a typical day in an office as we can imagine it.
My co-workers are indeed very helpful and the atmosphere is very good. Also is my superior.
The management is doing a good work, especially when I takke into consideration that the beer-industriy – more... is not an easy industry due to a large quantity of competition.
I especially like the fact, that I can use my language skills, in this role above all French. Also, it is challenging, as every case / order / duty is different, which means that we need to be flexible and find solutions that are best for our customers.
Less enjoyable is sometimes the systems we work with, as they are complicated and the structure will take time to get use to.
But all in all it is a good job and I am now looking for a new challenge in the UK, where I could play a similar part in a new team. – less
Productive and fast pace work place
Pricing & Discounts Coordinator (Current Employee), LivingstonMarch 4, 2014
Pros: bupa health care, incentive payments (not a must i may add)
Cons: really can not think of any
Managing and prioritising emails daily. Good team player ensuring that all SLA's are met. Managing customer expectations both internal and external. Challenging and rewarding.

Learned over 20 years, Communication skills at all levels of business and hierarchy. Excel, Word, SAP, BW (Business Warehouse) gained a wide range of knowledge from Scottish – more... Brewers days to what is now Heineken.
Communication at different levels of the business.
Building relationships with colleagues and different areas of the business.

Learned different skills from co-workers and built strong relationships both in the work place and out.

Not a hard part of the job, challenging areas however enjoyed the challenge and the learning.

Enjoy coming in to work everyday and learning new skills and tasks over the years – less

1 2 3 4

About Heineken

Heineken is one of the world's leading brewers, with a wide international presence through a global network of distributors and – Read more

Heineken Photos