Heinz

Heinz Employer Reviews

Lots of Travel
Territory Manager/Trainer (Former Employee), Central Valley, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: too much time away from family
A typical day had me up and out of the house early. I may have 2-3 locations to visit on any given day and I may not be home until after the kids are in bed.

For the most part I really enjoyed the job as Territory Manager - I enjoyed the reports and gathering statistics. I even enjoyed the travel at first.

My other TMs were great to work with and meet with monthly. My DM was fantastic and was a great support to me as I learned the ropes.

The hardest part of the job was being away from my family. This is a job for someone with no family to worry about. When I realized that I had literally lost out on 2 years of my children's lives, I knew I had to find something that would allow me to stay home, even it if meant a cut in pay.
challenging. diverse
1- B Production Associate (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDDecember 3, 2014
it was always changing and challenging. I trained on a variety of machines and a lot of new thing to me personally since this was the first time I have ever worked at a production plant. I learned a lot new things at work and about myself and challenged myself at new things. it was a team effort to get things done and make our pact for the day. you had to adapt to things breaking and picking up the slack to keep things going. I enjoyed working all the different ethinic groups that I worked with;
Good Productive and Hardworking employees
Food Technician (Former Employee), Florence, SCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: safety bonuses, t-shirts and jackets, free lunch
Cons: changing the schedule, weekend work
A typical day at Heinz for me was checking my machine for debris and any objects on the floor or under my machine that may cause an accident. Starting my machine up for production and doing my pre-startup inspection. Working at Heinz was a great learning experience for me. I was at Heinz before there was any product being produced. My co-workers and I was trained by the supervisors and the production manager on how to properly set-up each machine. The maintenance mechanics trained employees on clearing out the jams and getting the machines back running. The employees at Heinz was the hardest working people and productive group of people that I have ever worked with. Management was very helpful and concern with everything that was happening everyday. The management team was helping with production by giving employees breaks and lunch-breaks. I enjoyed working at Heinz because of the people I was working with and the new equipment I was operating, but the hardest part of the job was the adjustment of the schedule every week.
Rewarding and Valuable Experience
Internship (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 21, 2014
I was awarded the opportunity to undertake this Internship, through the Rooney Fellow Scholarship which I was awarded in 2010.

I worked at Heinz whilst also undertaking communication studies in the Business School at Duquesne University.
Unsafe
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Muscatine, IAOctober 14, 2014
unsafe nothing is labeled no material is available told to do things unsafe and job threatened when refused
Worked well with others in a productive manner.
Helped supervisor (Current Employee), Mason, OHOctober 9, 2014
I worked second shift and worked well the other guys. I would help the processors bring in and take out ingredients. The people I worked with were all nice people.
decent place to work
Heavy Lifter (Former Employee), Pocatello IDOctober 4, 2014
Pros: decent wages for the area
Cons: plant closed after warren buffett bought it
Great Company just a shame warren buffett had to buy it and put a lot of people out of work
great place to work
Machine Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2014
great hours, extensive training, good overtime, good benefits
productive work place
General Labor Worker (Current Employee), Escalon, CAAugust 2, 2014
If your looking for a fast paced positive environment, this is the place for you!
Good Place
DOCK LEAD (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 17, 2014
Working at Heinz for ten years it is a stable company to work for
Fun work enviroment
Food Technician (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 21, 2014
Operating forklift
I learned a lot about Food Safety working for the company
All management that I worked for was great
Vibrant, energetic culture
Senior University Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2014
Vibrant, energetic environment built on meritocracy and performance
Good company values
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 2, 2014
Great name recognition, popular household name.Fun products to sell.
High paced and demanding
PRODUCTION LINE SUPERVISOR QUALITY CHEF FOODS (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IowaJanuary 13, 2014
It was a good fun friendly place to work. They paid great and the benefits were wonderful.
Loved the people I worked with. Hours were great. Not much room for advancment.
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Florence, SCNovember 20, 2013
Pros: company was generous with give aways.
Cons: plant felt like it was stabilizing then closed after just two years.
8 hour day shift
Learned a great deal about environmental safety.
A lot of turn-over in the management level.
Co-workers were awesome! Most had experience plant closures and we came together as one tight-knit family.
The hardest part is maintaining certificates and permits.
A day at Heinz
Warehouse Food Technician (Current Employee), Florence ScNovember 19, 2013
Being a warehouse tech has taught me alot of things as far as knowledge of the Warehouse. I have enjoyed my time here at Heinz and we have became a second family out here. The worst part of my job is the closing of the plant. I have always liked my job here..
great job great people to work with.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Tracy, CAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: free lunches once a month and potlucks.
Cons: heallth care kept changing every year
Loading and unloading trailers and containers,putting product away. Checking for damage and proper date codes and counting all product coming in and going out also also put orders together for over seas and load container . supervisors were really good communicators of what they expected, co workers were great all of them they were like family to me.nothing was hard for me. doing my job it was fun and helping others who needed help. getting every thing done on are shift on time.
Was only a temporary employee
PRep/Spice Room (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 30, 2013
Regular steady hours. lots of physical work. Recruiting and hire-on system is not at it's best, yet the benefits are good. Workers were friendly and welcoming.
Food Industry. Place of Growth
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee), Chatsworth CAAugust 15, 2013
Just got bought by 3G Capital and Berkshire Hathaway.

This Heinz is Union
mutual respect among workers
Computarize filler machine (Current Employee), Muscatine, IAJuly 4, 2013
Pros: positive result base on the assumption of diversity
Cons: lack of stable and fix schedule for workers who can't do anything else in family
-TQM at workplaces- Quality monitoring- Quality definition and assurance at all level of product processing Units- Organizing quality development through the life of the company based on people’s and goods’ safety