Heinz Employee Reviews

Miss People I worked with
skilled machine oper. (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 19, 2015
I loved my job,but it was hard going in there everyday being theathen of getting fired or wrote up.That started about 3 to 5 yrs ago.I got along with my co-workers.I am a great operator and I always what to put the best qualityout there.
Cons
short breaks
Heinz was a good place to work liked how products were made and packaged.
PRODUCTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAOctober 13, 2015
At Heinz I would enter data from the previous day's production. I would order materials for every day production. Make spread sheets and present them in a daily meeting on how efficient production was the previous day. The most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with the other workers and helping them if they needed any supplies for the production floor.
good place
Hema operator (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 12, 2015
good place to work for and good money.have to work in the cold but its not to bad.have to be very clean to work there because it is food.
Filling orders, loading trucks
Lead (Current Employee) –  Mason ohioSeptember 17, 2015
I liked working at Heinz because they always seem that they cared for the employees and their needs plus they were always concerned for saftey
Company closed
Assembly Operator/Line Quality checker (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 15, 2015
Poor leadership.The group leaders where bullies.Your skills where not utilized.And you never knew from day to day what you where gone be doing.and the hrs where not consistent.
cold work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 22, 2015
Ineventory, how to operate a standup forklift, management wasn't good, co-workers was ok,dealing with non-communicating management
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No communication from upper management
cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAMay 28, 2015
I worked at Heinz until I retired. I did many positions through out the years that I worked there. I enjoyed my job there. Heinz was a great equal opportunity employer with great benefits.
Pros
stability
a good hard work place
Anything (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 6, 2015
I like to work I a place that when you walk it you already know we are working hard it just feels good and a job like Heinz can really help me take care of my family it pays well and they have the hours you need and the pay you wont to give your all for with out holding back
Pros
lunche break
Cons
helthcare
Productive fun work environment
Industrial Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 25, 2015
It was a fun and fast paced work environment. We worked long hours when needed to. The job was demanding at times. We cooked out of kettles and made soup for a variety of customers
STRESSFUL
line operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 24, 2015
Want a new start,more money,more respect to the people.lazy people long breaks no one watch the breaks,or the work problems.
Pros
benifts
Cons
not enough pay
fun place to work
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 5, 2015
typical day would include helping the operators get set up for 2nd shift, rotate operators for break and lunch. Help do rework, help other lines if needed, clean up at the end of the night.
I learned that safe food handling practices.
Management was good at their jobs, getting all the right workers in the right positions to have the line working at optimal capacity.
My co-workers were fun to work with, we all joked with each other but we all got our jobs done in a safe and timely manner.
The hardest part of the job was going in at 1:30 pm to 12:30 am.
The most enjoyable part of my job was not being stuck in one position all day long, i was able to help a lot of people on the line and even the team lead. I eventually was able to become a back-up team lead because I asked my supervisor if I could learn.
Fast paced food industry environment
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 7, 2015
Challenging equipment start-ups every morning due to food safety wash-down requirements.
A lot of good co-workers who were dedicated workers.
Friendly Managers and Staff.
Pros
good working conditions and good maintenance personnel
Cons
cold work environment
Lots of Travel
Territory Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, CADecember 21, 2014
A typical day had me up and out of the house early. I may have 2-3 locations to visit on any given day and I may not be home until after the kids are in bed.

For the most part I really enjoyed the job as Territory Manager - I enjoyed the reports and gathering statistics. I even enjoyed the travel at first.

My other TMs were great to work with and meet with monthly. My DM was fantastic and was a great support to me as I learned the ropes.

The hardest part of the job was being away from my family. This is a job for someone with no family to worry about. When I realized that I had literally lost out on 2 years of my children's lives, I knew I had to find something that would allow me to stay home, even it if meant a cut in pay.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
too much time away from family
challenging. diverse
1- B Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 3, 2014
it was always changing and challenging. I trained on a variety of machines and a lot of new thing to me personally since this was the first time I have ever worked at a production plant. I learned a lot new things at work and about myself and challenged myself at new things. it was a team effort to get things done and make our pact for the day. you had to adapt to things breaking and picking up the slack to keep things going. I enjoyed working all the different ethinic groups that I worked with;
Good Productive and Hardworking employees
Food Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 4, 2014
A typical day at Heinz for me was checking my machine for debris and any objects on the floor or under my machine that may cause an accident. Starting my machine up for production and doing my pre-startup inspection. Working at Heinz was a great learning experience for me. I was at Heinz before there was any product being produced. My co-workers and I was trained by the supervisors and the production manager on how to properly set-up each machine. The maintenance mechanics trained employees on clearing out the jams and getting the machines back running. The employees at Heinz was the hardest working people and productive group of people that I have ever worked with. Management was very helpful and concern with everything that was happening everyday. The management team was helping with production by giving employees breaks and lunch-breaks. I enjoyed working at Heinz because of the people I was working with and the new equipment I was operating, but the hardest part of the job was the adjustment of the schedule every week.
Pros
safety bonuses, t-shirts and jackets, free lunch
Cons
changing the schedule, weekend work
Rewarding and Valuable Experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 21, 2014
I was awarded the opportunity to undertake this Internship, through the Rooney Fellow Scholarship which I was awarded in 2010.

I worked at Heinz whilst also undertaking communication studies in the Business School at Duquesne University.
Unsafe
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAOctober 14, 2014
unsafe nothing is labeled no material is available told to do things unsafe and job threatened when refused
Worked well with others in a productive manner.
Helped supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 9, 2014
I worked second shift and worked well the other guys. I would help the processors bring in and take out ingredients. The people I worked with were all nice people.
decent place to work
Heavy Lifter (Former Employee) –  Pocatello IDOctober 4, 2014
Great Company just a shame warren buffett had to buy it and put a lot of people out of work
Pros
decent wages for the area
Cons
plant closed after warren buffett bought it
great place to work
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2014
great hours, extensive training, good overtime, good benefits