Heinzerling Foundation Employee Reviews

Just don't do it.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 9, 2017
I worked here for a while in Housekeeping. The older housekeepers liked to bully the younger ones, including myself. I would report this, and unfortunately our boss was their good friend. There is a LOT of favortism here.

Some of the direct aides at my time of employment were disrespectful toward the residents. Many of the people employed here were also prejudiced, and it made life working for this company miserable.

The pay is awful. Very low for what the jobs entail.

The only part I loved about this place wete the residents. There is a building for the children and another for the adults. The residents were so sweet and wonderful.

But, there are other places along the same lines of work that you could work at. I do not suggest Heinzerling.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Pay, poor work environment, awful co-workers, everything else
can be fun
DCA II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2017
it takes a special type of person to work here... you have to have patience and understanding of the residents needs and wants. This job is about them. Not yourself.
Pros
residents
Cons
pay
A place to help the disabled become as independent as possible
Direct Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 20, 2017
A home for disabled of all ages and we are helping them live everyday lifestyle . Providing assistance with feeding , bathing, changing diapers and dressing
Great Company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 29, 2016
Everyone is so friendly and works as a team
I work weekends and holidays

most of the time weekends are pretty busy with answering phones and checking visitors in and out
Pros
great enviornment
Cons
not enough hours
Favortism
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 1, 2016
I worked at this company in three different jobs. I loved all of them because I loved my residents and most of the staff I had to interact with was great. However, management plays favoritism among employers. One employee may get disciplined for one thing and another employee does not receive same discipline for similar actions. There tends to be a lot of drama throughout the facility as well.
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
Inconsistent discpline policies and pay
Good Workplace with Great Mission
ESA - Housekeeping and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2015
At Heinzerling, I worked as an Environmental Services Associate and I worked in the Laundry and Housekeeping departments. The ESA department has a lot of good people and they are all hard workers who take care of each other. Laundry work is very physically demanding and Housekeeping work requires you to work independently almost all of the time.
The job was pretty easy-going and sometimes (if you were in laundry) could really wear you down. However, what made the job worth it to me was that you are serving all the residents and getting to know them was a great satisfaction.
working taking care of people
Dca (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioJuly 16, 2015
I enjoyed working with the people who lived there. I worked well with the people. I leaned that you have to start with open eyes and try hard to lean what it is to do. being first job that I had to lean how to do it was different
Pros
Love helping people
Cons
I had a young daughter who had health problems at the time
Terrible Place
Direct Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus OHApril 7, 2015
I loved my residents. My managers were lazy and horrible. They fire people left and right for no reason. Favortism runs crazy with management and certain employees. There is no chance of a raise. The patient to DCA ratio is ridiculously dangerous and a lot of illegal activity takes place. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!!
great place to work for a young person with no responsibilitys
Dish machine operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus ohioMarch 14, 2015
Heinzerling is hands down the best facility I ever worked at. The staff really cared for and took great care of the residents. It's a laid back very friendly environment. The pay is really low I had to take on another job just to make ends meet
Pros
great staff good benefits
Cons
very low pay
It is a low pay job, but a very satisfying job .
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2013
Laundry and Housekeeping is self explanatory, this is hard physical cleaning and alot of laundry for the residents.
Supervisor years entailed getting the shift organized, giving our assignments for the day. Residents would get snacks and dinner, bathed and put to bed. I checked on staffs progress, helped with meals. Checked social goals and written goals staff were to do daily. Communicated with nursing about resident problems, new and on going. Attended regular inservices and regular quarterly and yearly resident meetings. Kept staff updated on changes to resident programs. Implemented behavior programs written by the team,
making sure all medicaid guidelines were followed.
Gave staff their evaluations as needed, handled disciplinary of staff.
Pros
Nice team work job
Cons
Pay is too low, benefits good though
Direct Care Assistant
Direct Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2013
Care for residents such as: Bath, Feed, Long term goals, Short term goals
Great people and place to work in.
Direct Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 2, 2013
This facility was different than most but great to work in. they take pride in what they do with the residents.
The Heinzerling foundation is a place for mentally and physically disabled people that need help in having a better way of life.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2013
It was a good place to work. The management and co-workers were very friendly and I loved working with the residents and staff.
Pros
helping others live a higher quality of life.
Cons
could not afford to raise children on the pay.
productive and rewarding by residents appreciation
Direct Care Assistant II (Former Employee) –  columbus,ohAugust 9, 2012
a typical day is very busy there. You learn how to communicate and understand the residents the longer you are there. The managment could be better because they have alot of confidential things that get spread around the facility. The hardest part of the job is keeping people out of your business. The most enjoyable part of the job are the residents response to your presents.They do not pay enough for what you have to do there.
Pros
resident interaction
Cons
alot of up down witht the residents and a massive gossip group

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heinzerling Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8