Helen Woodward Animal Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Kennel Attendant
Kennel Assistant / Tech (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92091May 2, 2017
You need to be a Animal lover in order to enjoy this position. Its dirty work but enjoyable to someone that is true animal lovers.
Exercising and socializing dogs
.Clean and Organize Kennels.
Dispose of trash, recyclable materials and animal waste.
Assist with daily Dog Services.
Perform Housekeeping task in Kitchen, Storage and Laundry areas.
Inventory Counts, Report Supply Stocks or Kennel Maintenance issues.
Assist other departments on an as needed basis.
Pros
working with animals
Cons
working weekends
Great place to work.
Exotic Animal Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Fe, CAFebruary 28, 2017
I work in the Education Department with a wide variety of animals. It is a lot of work to do by yourself, but we have numerous wonderful volunteers that do a great job. This allows me to have time to make more enrichment, spend time with the animals, take them out for exercise, and attend to grooming or other husbandry needs.
Loved it
Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Fe, CAMarch 25, 2016
Wish I could've stayed forever but I had to move. Great place to work, I had a blast every day and enjoyed going to work. Loved coworkers and working with kids.
Pros
Everything but low pay
Cons
Low pay
Best place to work
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2015
My favorite job of all time.You have to be tough and be able to handle the heat and pick up the slack sometimes. MOST REWARDING JOB!
Amazing Organization
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 16, 2015
This is a non-profit animal shelter that has done amazing things for animals and people living in San Diego. They are a shelter that I respect and love for everything they do. Volunteering here was an honor.
Pros
Around animals and great people all day long
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Fe, CASeptember 3, 2014
Helen Woodward is an amazing place to work. There are many different departments among this animal center some including the boarding center, education, animal hospital, animal shelter, and equine hospital. Therefore there is something for everyone, and it is very rewarding giving back to the animals in some way.
I loved that i got to work with all diffrent breeds of dogs and cats
KENNEL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Fe, CAMay 16, 2014
A typical day of working at Club pet consisted of doing intakes of clients pets. Feeding, watering, bathing, walking/playing with the dogs and cats. Cleaning kennels and making sure all the animals were safe and comfortable. I really enjoyed that everyday was different and new things were always going on. My co-workers were great to work with, we worked well as a team.
Very rewarding place to work
ACT (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Fe, CaApril 21, 2014
Working at Helen Woodward is very rewarding because we are able to change client's lives by giving them loving companions they can call their own.
Fun, enjoyable place to work with a great staff
Animal Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Fe, CADecember 10, 2013
Meet with staff on the days business. Walk the kennels to oversee safety and cleanliness of kennels. Meet with management staff on upcoming business. Aide staff with animal issues. Oversee the days activities and rate staff on completion of tasks. The hardest part of the job was keeping up staffing as there was a lot of turnover. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with animals.
Pros
Great atmosphere, awesome staff. Fun place to work.