HELEN OF TROY

HELEN OF TROY Employee Reviews

A typical day
Picker (Former Employee), Southaven MSJune 10, 2015
Pros: the first6 shift 5-2 p.m.
Cons: to many managers
Come in at 5:00 a.m.. We start off with a morning meeting. Then put up you a scan gun and go to work.. The work were very easy as long as you are organized. I really enjoy working there.
i thought i would retire from here
Pick Coordinator/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), olive branch Ms.May 18, 2015
picked orders with a forklift in a work friendly environment with great employees. upper management wasn't good and there were no opportunities to advance with the company. but over all I enjoyed my time there.
A fast pace, fun enviorment to work in.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Southaven, MSApril 22, 2015
This is a fast pace environment that I enjoyed everyday. Basically doing a lot of clerical work emailing, spreadsheet, word documents, taking orders, taking phone calls etc.
steady pace
Material Handler (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSApril 22, 2015
This job was not one of my favorites They really over worked you for little pay such as 7.25 an coming from me Im hard worker and if I say they over worked you for little pay they did.
Great place
Inventory Control Counter (Current Employee), Olive Branch, MSApril 17, 2015
Great place to work. I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere and the job training that I received from co workers and management.
its okay
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Olive Branch, MSApril 16, 2015
Pros: You come you get paid
Cons: it's not that much
They don't care about anything you got going on outside of work.Poor management sometimes they don't know how to talk to people.
Laid back
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Southaven, MSApril 9, 2015
Pros: Easy job
Cons: low raises and uneeded overtime.
I learned how to drive a dock stocker and double pallet jack. Co-workers were easily to get along with and helped out. The hardest part of the job was exhausting hours up to 80 hours a week. The easiest however was since I knew my job everything went smoothly.
great way to make fast legal money
Quality Auditor (Current Employee), Southaven, MSMarch 29, 2015
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: short breaks, low pay, no cellphones allowed
Low pay for the amount of work and time spent at this place. Some well majority of the leads, coaches and supervisors are very unprofessional! Not a place for advancement. Some co-workers are easy to get along with and some are not! Lots of drama!
Horrible place to work.
General Laborer (Current Employee), Southaven, MSFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: short breaks, low pay, work insane hours, no days off, horrible management
1. You are not allowed to bring any type of electronic into the warehouse. (they are very strict on that). So if you don't have car and usually gets rides everywhere good luck because you can't have no cellphone. The security might let you use their cellphone but you can't use their office phone which is ridiculous.

2. They MAKE you work overtime with no extra break added. You'll be working 10-12 hour shifts and still only get and hour break period. They break it down into two 15 min. break and a 30 min lunch break.

3. They will work you like a slave be prepared to work 10 hours PER day including weekends.

4. Be aware of your surroundings and watch what you say around people. Everyone doesn't have good intentions. This is a warehouse and you're around a lot of people daily.

5.The management is horrible period.

6. Be prepared for inconsistent shifts. One day you will come in at 3/4am or 5/6am. The tell you at the end of your shift what time you are coming in tomorrow.

I've learned absolutely nothing. Only that I will not settle for less ever again. Just keep looking and hoping for the better. That place will make you bitter.

My typical day there is either pricing a product(putting a price tag on an item). Packaging products(pretty much putting boxes into boxes). And doing other things outside of my department which is what they always make us do.
working hard
oxo stocking (Former Employee), Southaven, MsJanuary 31, 2015
It was an okay place to work at. helen of troy taught me what hard work really is, my co-workers was good people. the only hard part about the job were keeping up with everybody orders but besides that the job was job good company to work for.
GREAT WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Cash Applications Clerk (Former Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 24, 2014
Pros: room advancement
THE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY CARES ABOUT HIS EMPLOYEES, HE ALWAYS THINKS ABOUT HIS EMPLOYEES. MANAGEMENT IS GREAT. FUN COMPANY.
good company to work for not enough place for advancing or promotions
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Southaven, MSNovember 12, 2014
good company to work for not enough place for advancing as a career.
Helen of Troy is all around good place to work
I.T. EDI Technical Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
My review on Helen of Troy is great atmosphere, great friendly people to work for and work with. Helen of Troy has a cafeteria, coffee bar, HOT fit, and very comfortable work hours.
Challenging and productive environment
Supply Chain Supervisor (Current Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: there is a cafeteria in the building. the health insurance is helpful.
Cons: the management is not progressive.
Beautiful environment, the company has many resourses. The coworkers are friendly and helpful people.
Picker/Scanner/Finisher/Validator (Current Employee), Southaven, MSOctober 22, 2014
Overall, I value the personal relationships with my co-workers. Being here makes you feel that you are apart of a family not company.
Productive and fun.
In staff (Former Employee), Southaven, MSOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: parking
Assisted in shipping, return products to MRA. How to return stock and BLL.
Unstable consisted changing
Clerk (Current Employee), Olive Branch, MSSeptember 29, 2014
New rules and changes everyday. This company is all about the mangers and head people in charge. They works are they last concern
Nice co workers an good managerment
Receiving Clerk/Q.A (Former Employee), Southaven, MSSeptember 10, 2014
It was a good job they made sure we felt welcome. Everybody got alone and did excellent team work.
A great place to work
OXO-Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Southaven, MSAugust 18, 2014
Pros: everything
I loved working for this company. They help you balance life with work. The management was excellent.
Productive and easy working place
Shipping Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSAugust 6, 2014
learned different word documents, everybody help each other when needed(friendly co-workers), peak season was the hardest.

1 2 3