Helena Chemical Company Employee Reviews in United States

Great Job Security and Family Atmosphere
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work, good benefits/salary and family atmosphere. Only down side is gender equality. This is definitely a male managed company. All (and I mean all!) of the roughly 70 Sales/Account Managers are men, as well as the majority of the operations and executive management team.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
No gender equality
Productive and rewarding workplace with a family feel.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMay 28, 2015
This company offers a lot of benefits to their employees and is they are flexible. I usually spend the day doing invoicing, accounts payables, accounts receivable, filing and answering the phones. My first priority is helping the customers when they come in to pick up product, answering the phones, and supporting the salesmen. I am able to multi-task and it's always a busy day. I enjoy all of my co-workers and be a team player on the Helena team.
Pros
Free lunches, company benefits and flexibility.
Cons
The rush hour drive and raises.
excellent company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Orion, ILAugust 19, 2015
Strong company, great people in upper management positions. Great satisfaction seeing customers be succesfull. Very good product line to promote
Pros
creative atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, weekends
Ok Company
Office Coordinator/Precision Ag Technician (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJuly 9, 2015
Was mislead about my career path, but an ok company to work for. They are a large company with great benefits. I was able to work in the field and in the office setting.
Corporate culture is laid back
INTERNAL AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNOctober 26, 2015
Helena Chemical Company is a great place to work. Corporate culture is laid back, and everyone is very friendly! I enjoy going to work every day!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAMarch 24, 2015
Great place to work.
great people.
Good benefits.
long hours.
very busy during rice season.
no place for advancement.
great customer support
Full time job with benefits
Tier 1 Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2014
A typical day at Helena Chemical Company is interacting with 2700 plus users daily helping with computer issues. I learned all about computers from working in this department. Management was ok but not all the way fair , never would send me to have the traing that i desired to progress within the company. My co-workers were like team mates whenever one of us had an issue it became all of our issue. The hardest part of the job was not having the training that I consistently asked for.The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the departmental get togethers, meetings, and company perks.
Pros
free grizzlies and msu tickets, concert tickets, healthcare benefits, retirement plans
Cons
favortism from management, no training for new task
Fast paced
Credit Secretary (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 13, 2015
Overall great place, some departments have more fast paced. Diverse management that seek your success in all that you do.
Rewarding position with great co workers
Agricultural Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 29, 2014
Field/insect trap checker, take soil and water samples, help determine irrigation scheduling, test for nutrient levels in crops.

Learned agricultural principles and pest management techniques.
Hardest part of the job was knowing what the best methods to combat the pest problem.

Most enjoyable was diagnosing a problem, and finding the most effective ways to fix the pest problem.
Pros
working in agriculture
Cons
working in adverse weather conditions
Helena
Clerical Duties, billing, new employee set up (Current Employee) –  Wellington, TXDecember 11, 2014
I love my job at Helena, however we are considering moving back to Childress, TX. I do a little bit of everything here, my main priority is billing out custom applied fertilizer. I also set up all new employees, including all their new hire paperwork and their insurance. I make sure all filing and any clerical work is done on a day to day basis. I maintain accurate money in the register, and also maintain accurate employee hours.
I am the only one in the office who is NOT a manager. I'm surrounded by upper management everyday. I work closely with each of them to assist is whatever it is they need help with. Job duties vary from each manager.
I get along easily with all co-workers and help them with any questions they may have pertaining paid time off, 401k, insurance questions and anything else they need, they come to me.
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the billing and filing during our busiest season. I bill out for 2 locations and it can be very difficult to keep up with the work load.
Every part of my job is enjoyable, there is nothing I don't like.
Pros
every one is easy to get along with, flexible
Cons
working 45-47 hours a week
Productive and busy workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 24, 2012
The workplace was busy during the busy season with lots of work to keep you going during the day. The employees were easy to get along with and dependable. The management was easy to get along with and they offered their help whenever needed. They were also understandable of all employees when it came down to personal issues at hand.
Pros
401k, holiday pay, sick pay, and pto for employees
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, and base pay
Human resource job excellent
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLAugust 3, 2012
I am an intricate part of the hiring process working closely with the hiring managers with the recruitment of new hires, Prepared and performed new employee orientation and exit interviews. Assist with employee relations and resolved routine issues. Daily monitoring the time and attendance of employees, also responsible for setting up drug screening and physicals, administering tests, and training planned and directed implementation and administration of employee benefit programs such as health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, worker’s compensation, 401(k), leave of absence and other plans. Maintained records required by State and Federal employment laws and Company policies. Performed accounts receivables, payables and payroll spreadsheets & accounting reports
Pros
401k and insurance benefits
Cons
smell of the ingredients of the fertilizer
Awesome Company to work for
Technical Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNMay 21, 2012
Fantastic work environment. Welll Organized. Well seasoned business staff of knowledgable leaders.
Pros
solid, growing company
Cons
limited advancement in it management
Great place. Fast paced during ag season
Administrative Assistant/ Regulatory (Current Employee) –  Homedale, IDMarch 12, 2012
Under new management and everyone is trying to figure out their place. I really like the people and the diverse job. Good benefits.
Productive and consistant work environment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GASeptember 24, 2013
Mixing of chemicals by placing in blender, cleaning as well as
operating of machinery. Worked on a assembly line that instilled chemicals in containers for Distribution centers. I learned the hazards of different mixtures the pro and cons to that. Management consisted of help and growth to workers ,the co-workers were team oriented. Working 12 hrs 7 days a week which was optional it was only a six day week. Hard work pays off so the hours make up for themselves pay day.
Pros
working over time
Cons
rotating shifts unknowingly
Productive and busy
Part time, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warriors Mark, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Great work environment
Fast paced business
Great co workers
great management
hard working men
great learning experience
Physically Demanding
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 8, 2014
The company was great to work for but the work was very physically demanding.
Pros
good money
Cons
Good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaMay 7, 2014
Enjoyed day to day activities; management ok, not very understandable about personal perks from hotels, etc. Co-workers were ok. Hardest part was leaving this company
great work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 16, 2015
Amazing place to work in the office and great manager to work for very friendly staff, the work hours are easy and fast during a busy day in the office
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 10, 2014
Enjoyed working with the company and the sales rep and the management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helena Chemical Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2