Helena Chemical Company Employee Reviews

terrible place to work employees are unprofessional and rude.
blender operator (Current Employee) –  Calipatria, CAJune 8, 2017
this is one of the worst places i have ever worked. with inexperienced management and unprofessional employees. I wouldn't recommend applying here. was fired for personal reasons.
Great company
AGRIntelligence Technician (Current Employee) –  Casey, ILMay 21, 2017
Great company good people good business model they create a great atmosphere for networking and make good investments in their employees. The have good equipment.
Company overall great company
Dry Fertilizer Manager/Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Robstown, TXMay 13, 2017
It is a seasonally busy job, depends on the customers needs during the growing season. I have grown in my career to a stale mate, as in there is no growth for my position. Hardest part is the down time when things aren't busy trying to find things to do to stay busy.
fun co workers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Elaine, AR 72333May 8, 2017
delivering seed to farmers for planting and delivering chemicals to air port. seed treatment for farmers. Inventory control. long hours and working outside is enjoyable.
workplace
Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee) –  marks msApril 27, 2017
i though that was hard but i learning about hour then now this position is very easy job and i loading about 59 bags of seed in about hour until seed change color.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short break
Fast paced ag retail
Custom Applicator (Current Employee) –  Casey, ILApril 23, 2017
Helena is a good company that does great things in Agriculture. The hours are very demanding and not very flexible. Compensation is pretty good. I operate application equipment. I am all over the country side in customer fields covering as many acres as possible and doing a professional job. The employess were few but lots of drama. Alot of tearing down not building up. They are trying to change that. Its a very hostile environment. The hardest part of my job is not being able to plan when I will be off work. Its very difficult on family life and baby sitters. That is just part of the Ag sector, however and not unique to Helena. I enjoy being out and in fields and running equipment.
Pros
Good people, lots of training.
Cons
not caring about employees needs
Horrible managing skills, you have to take orders by 3 different people.
Fertilizer and Chemical Applicator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEApril 20, 2017
If you are all about the application business and are single with no wife nor gf. Please, this job is for you. But if you enjoy your time off during the summer time. This isn't for you therfore you'll be sitting in a sprayer or tractor for the remainder of the summer season.
Pros
Keeps you busy
Cons
No life outside, they wont let it happen.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 10, 2017
The branch I worked at was great. Boss was great and had great support. Benefits were good. Great retirement. Health care was so so. When in Sales you made your own schedule. A lot of opportunities to grow.
Productive and fun workplace
Yard hand (Former Employee) –  Wellington, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Good place to work, everyone gets along and helps eachother out, lots of manual labor but nothing too extreme, fun work environment, can take breaks whenever you want
Pros
Benefits, pay, advancement opportunities
Cons
Long hours sometimes
A great place to work
Precision Agricultural Specialist (Former Employee) –  MSFebruary 8, 2017
Day to day operations would always change. Dealing with many different customers daily the work load would always change. the upper level management was always very nice and easy to work for.
Pros
Meeting new people and forming relationships with all the customers.
Cons
long days and worked every weekend
Great Place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mayesville, SCFebruary 8, 2017
Management was one of the greatest that I had been in since I been working here inSumter S.C. It was only a temporary job they made me feel like a full time employee.
Pros
Dinner
Cons
Just 8 hours
Good environment to work. Great work/life balance
Strategic Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNFebruary 3, 2017
Although I enjoy my time here at Helena Chemical, my job has a ceiling, and the room to grow in the long run just is not there. I would love to stay and work here, like many others who have worked here for 20+ years, but that would require being content with the job I have now for the next 20+ years.
Pros
Family oriented/ great group of people around
Cons
Management style is very micromanaging and there is not room to move up.
Serious and Competitive Business
Applicator and Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NEJanuary 17, 2017
One of the best jobs I've ever worked, employees are great and customer are even better. i have learned a lot from my experience at Helena and will never forget it.
Helped me develop client relation skills.
Field observer (Former Employee) –  Lake Providence, LAJanuary 16, 2017
A typical work day consisted of visiting farms and taking a sample of the insect activity in the fields then reporting it back to my manager.
Pros
Had a company vehicle and fuel card.
Cons
Too many chiefs and not enough indians
Truck Driver Class A with all my endorsements (Former Employee) –  Coweta, OKJanuary 14, 2017
Started out to be a decent job, pay wasn't the best but during Branch manager change was promised to get us more money, that never happened. It was always chaotic, noone planned for the days ahead, very poor management. Due to poor management, all the employees were always fighting and arguing, understaffed to handle busy times of the seasons. It was definitely a man's place to work, as a woman truck driver, I got singled out alot, have too many things to list them all. I don't think Helena is a bad company because we seen how well they treated our management, new trucks, and accessories, hunting trips, bonuses off the sweat of our backs. It was more than I could handle. I finally left, only got a 2 1/2% raise, heard they got less this year. Glad I moved on.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
The Management needs replaces as well as all salaried employees, they act like they are better than the by hour people., the ones that make it all happen!!!
Was not a good place to work . But it was a job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Had to stop working due to the fact I was pregnant. While at the company I had to make sure the labels were correct. I also had to make sure the product flowed down the line properly among other things.
Pros
Had to bring your own food
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyable place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNDecember 6, 2016
Employees all got along with each other and made it an enjoyable place to work. At times the management was not in tune with the employees, but in the end all worked out ok and the right decisions were agreed upon.
Solid Company
Wholesale Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WISeptember 10, 2016
Solid company, with great products. Just didn't fit together as I focus on agronomics where they focus on product. Good co-workers and support staff.
Fun place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAFebruary 25, 2016
I Enjoyed everyday working with the staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was answering multiple phone lines and filing.
Corporate culture is laid back
INTERNAL AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNOctober 26, 2015
Helena Chemical Company is a great place to work. Corporate culture is laid back, and everyone is very friendly! I enjoy going to work every day!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helena Chemical Company. Our community is ready to answer.